***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lurked on and off for a while and thought I would take the time today for my first post. My wife and I are both interested in both the bands and FP+. I will admit, the more I read about them, the more confused I get.

At first, I was all in favor of trying something new. I can only imagine how many add-ons my kids will want to attach. However, I am not so confident based on how "AWESOME" the MDE performs on my Android phone. I can only imagine how much "FUN" I will have trying to adjust FP+ times when the app force closes on me every time I try to glance at anything but the opening screen.

We are taking our 2 kids & my parents in October to BLT. I am conflicted as to whether I want access to FP+ for this trip or not. Part of me welcomes the challenge. The other part remembers that my Dad has not been to WDW since Epcot opened. We are planning our next trip with a total group of 10 for Sept 2014, and would like to have had a dry run in before then. I just wish this trip was not that dry run.

I know that when it comes down to it, if Disney says I can use the bands, I will. Call me a sucker for new toys. I appreciate all the posts on the topic. I may still be confused, conflicted & confounded. But, at least I am informed, maybe even educated!

just called IT dept and found out how to get our Premier AP linked up, they have to send the notice to another dept they will then send me an email in 24 to 48 hours with directions on how to add our AP since is has 20 digits instead of the normal 12. will report back when I have it completed!

got one set of friends linked up to our MDE so far :thumbsup2

The IT dept added our premier passes. I gave them the numbers, and they did it for me. It took about 48 hours.

Supposedly you are only allowed to use one FP+ on a given attraction each day, right?

Has anyone tried something like the following example? At Epcot, you have a Soarin FP+ from 9-10am, Test Track from 10-11am, and Mission Space from 11am-noon.

After you've had a ride on soarin and used that FP+, has anyone verified that you can't then switch one of the later FP+'s like the 11-noon Mission Space for another Soarin FP+?

I highly doubt this is possible, but it's worth a try?

Dan

Supposedly you are only allowed to use one FP+ on a given attraction each day, right?

Has anyone tried something like the following example? At Epcot, you have a Soarin FP+ from 9-10am, Test Track from 10-11am, and Mission Space from 11am-noon.

After you've had a ride on soarin and used that FP+, has anyone verified that you can't then switch one of the later FP+'s like the 11-noon Mission Space for another Soarin FP+?

I highly doubt this is possible, but it's worth a try?

Dan

No, you cannot. They don't disappear and get forgotten. Once you've picked that ride and used it, that's it for the day. Yes I've verified.

I'm very glad I keep checking what's available for my FP+ choices because they change. I did not have Fantasmic available as a choice for several weeks, but was able to choose it recently for our upcoming trip.

I'm very glad I keep checking what's available for my FP+ choices because they change. I did not have Fantasmic available as a choice for several weeks, but was able to choose it recently for our upcoming trip.

If you don't mind sharing, when is your check in date?

Anyone got any news on which resorts are being included? I'm heading to All Stars at the end of October (62 days and counting)

But so far nothing for November stays yet?? Hoping that maybe it'll be at CSR for Nov 1. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Quick question: What happens if you lose your MagicBands? Can you go to Guest Relations at any theme park and get them replaced?

Quick question: What happens if you lose your MagicBands? Can you go to Guest Relations at any theme park and get them replaced?

The lost MagicBand can be deactivated and a replacement (grey only) issued and linked to your MDE account.

From the FAQ:
Q. What should I do if I lose my MagicBand or card?

A. If you can access disneyworld.com, please visit the MagicBand section of My Profile, select the Deactivate button next to the MagicBand or card and when asked for the reason why, indicate that the MagicBand or card is lost. You can also deactivate a MagicBand using the My Disney Experience mobile app.

If you lose your MagicBand or card at Walt Disney World Resort, please visit Guest Relations or a Disney Resort hotel Lobby Concierge and we will deactivate it for you and provide you with a replacement MagicBand or card.

If you have another available MagicBand or card, you can activate it on the MagicBand section of My Profile in My Disney Experience. If your visit is more than 10 days away, contact us to have a replacement MagicBand shipped to you.

Replacement MagicBands may be subject to a fee.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/bands-cards/lost-magic-band/

Has anyone tried making BOG FP+ reservations for more than one day of their trip? We have BOG FP+ reservations for our first MK day, but we’re going back two more times to MK during our stay. Right now, when I log in to the FP+ reservation site, it takes me right to our BOG FP+ reservations. Once the FP+ reservation is used, do you think it will reset and allow another FP+ reservation for another day?:confused3

After your first BOG FP+ reservation, has anyone tried going back into the BOG FP+ reservation system and trying again for another day of your trip?

Dan

Hoping fast pass plus will be an option for us for our trip in October..... We are using the disney experience app already and loving it!

I'd wish they set up Fastpass + with a point allotment.

Say you get 6 points each day.

Headliners + Thrill Rides = 2 points.

So you still get 3 reservations, but for those who don't like the coasters and thrill rides, things like Pirates, Haunted, Star Tours would be 1 point, and you can double up on non headlining rides.

I don't do any of the mountains, well outside of Big Thunder so a day in MK is kind of like why bother with FP+. Pirates and Haunted are both fast moving rides in terms of their lines.

I'd wish they set up Fastpass + with a point allotment.

Say you get 6 points each day.

Headliners + Thrill Rides = 2 points.

So you still get 3 reservations, but for those who don't like the coasters and thrill rides, things like Pirates, Haunted, Star Tours would be 1 point, and you can double up on non headlining rides.

I don't do any of the mountains, well outside of Big Thunder so a day in MK is kind of like why bother with FP+. Pirates and Haunted are both fast moving rides in terms of their lines.

Sorry, but I already copyrighted this idea under my "Signature FP" plan. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter