My Year of Disney BEGINS: a little Running, a little Drinking: PTR **1/12-W&D-Day 8**

Your posts make me want to really get back in shape and run a Disney race. A few years ago I was running 45 miles per week, and knocking out 5ks, 10ks, and halfs in pretty good times, and ran a 200 mile relay from northern New Hampshire to the beach. I'm working on getting back in shape, but not sure when I'll be able to coordinate to do a Run Disney race. I'm hoping to take a trip for F&W 2017, so maybe I'll try to work towards doing the Wine and Dine then. The one thing I don't miss about all that running is the spending on shoes, etc. It looks like you're hooked on running clothes.

Your posts make me want to really get back in shape and run a Disney race. A few years ago I was running 45 miles per week, and knocking out 5ks, 10ks, and halfs in pretty good times, and ran a 200 mile relay from northern New Hampshire to the beach. I'm working on getting back in shape, but not sure when I'll be able to coordinate to do a Run Disney race. I'm hoping to take a trip for F&W 2017, so maybe I'll try to work towards doing the Wine and Dine then. The one thing I don't miss about all that running is the spending on shoes, etc.

Wow, you WERE knocking out some good runs! With all those miles I'm sure you did have to spend quite a bit on shoes! 2017 gives you plenty of time to get back into it and I'm sure you'd enjoy the Wine and Dine after-party at Epcot. It goes until 4AM! :faint:

It looks like you're hooked on running clothes.

Who me? What would possibly make you say that? *pushes my 2 new boxes from Raw Threads under the table* :rolleyes1

I love the training shirts!! They're both super cute!

The Pandora bracelet is awesome too - but understand that part of your daily (or however often you wear it) routine will now be to make sure the castle is facing up at all times so that everyone who sees your bracelet sees the castle.

I'm so impressed that you ran 6 days in a row ... that definitely means you need a rest day! I can never do more than 2 in a row... (then again, I also only run 2-3 per week)

*pushes my 2 new boxes from Raw Threads under the table*

If you've decided you really don't want them, I'd be happy to take them off your hands...
(Seriously, I love their stuff!)

I love the training shirts!! They're both super cute!

Thanks! I'm torn as to which one I love the most. :scratchin

The Pandora bracelet is awesome too - but understand that part of your daily (or however often you wear it) routine will now be to make sure the castle is facing up at all times so that everyone who sees your bracelet sees the castle.

Got it. Check. :laughing:

I'm so impressed that you ran 6 days in a row ... that definitely means you need a rest day! I can never do more than 2 in a row... (then again, I also only run 2-3 per week)

Right now I'm aiming for 5 days a week but I had some runs to make up from my days at DL in June and July. Tomorrow is an hour-long run. Yay. I think.

If you've decided you really don't want them, I'd be happy to take them off your hands...
(Seriously, I love their stuff!)

I partially blame you for my Raw Threads 'incident', shall we call it? I saw your adorable Ariel shirt on your thread and went over to check out the site. Just a few dollars later... :rotfl:

Today in Disney planning...

I did a rough outline of my January Star Wars Rebel Challenge weekend at DL. It's almost all subject to change at this point, except for the races and the Expo, so I'll wait to post about it until it gets closer.

Today's haul:
025 (640x360).jpg

And my big decision...I decided what to wear for Wine and Dine!!!
023 (640x360).jpg

The BFF is making me a tutu with corresponding colors! I'm very lucky!

Last edited:
Yesterday was ADR morning and I ended up getting everything that I wanted except my Fantasmic! package, as the schedule for February F! hasn't been released as of yet. Hopefully the show isn't down in February and it's just in flux right now because of the new Star Wars fireworks show that'll be coming soon (a sensible theory I read from someone on another thread). I did switch around my Wave and 'Ohana breakfast mornings so I'll be hitting The Wave before the Princess Expo opens. That's it for early ADR mornings for awhile. At least until mid-2016 if I end up doing the marathon in 2017. :ssst:

I also got a few things in the post yesterday...no, not training shirts.

Pink Mickey!

002 (640x480).jpg

SADNESS!!!
003 (640x480).jpg

And one more charming charm

001 (640x480).jpg

My pretties have arrived!

Enchanted 10K shirt

View attachment 118066

GSC shirt
View attachment 118067

PANDORA :dogdance: :flower: :yay:
View attachment 118069

So far it's runDisney, American flag Mickey, 2015 and Peace, Love and Mickey. I also like that the clasp has the castle engraved on it, although it's not turned the right way in the picture.

Tomorrow is a running rest day. I think the body needs it as I've run 6 days in a row this week/last week. Sleeping in? What is this sleeping in that will occur tomorrow morning? That's ok. I'll definitely make up for it on Friday with my 3AM wake up call to make ADRs for my Princess trip in February. :scared:

Eeep! Love these goodies! I'd love some for myself when the day comes and I decide what I am doing. ::yes::

Thank you for taking the tine to read my blog, i haven't updated it in so long. I need to do that again soon.

I should do a post about my running loot... I've been stocking up on winter running gear, it's so expensive, so addicting, so cute and just plain fun. Sometimes I think i am running for the cute clothes. Lol. Pretty sure I have a problem. :scratchin

Congrats on getting all your adrs, hopefully F! Opens soon.

Gotta run, not literally... The kids found me. Lol

Have a flgreat wknd. :)

D~

You have gotten some shopping done recently! Love your Wine & Dine Shirt. Although I can think of some other races you can use that same shirt for too ;)

I partially blame you for my Raw Threads 'incident', shall we call it? I saw your adorable Ariel shirt on your thread and went over to check out the site. Just a few dollars later... :rotfl:

Yeah, that's one of those websites where there's so much good stuff it's hard not to spend too much.
So ... I apologize to your wallet, but I'm glad you found stuff you like!

And my big decision...I decided what to wear for Wine and Dine!!!
023-640x360-jpg.118337

I think I know where that shirt is from ...
Excellent choice!
(Btw, did you see they just posted new Star Wars stuff today? I really need to stop checking the Raw Threads website for new stuff so often...)

Yesterday was ADR morning and I ended up getting everything that I wanted except my Fantasmic! package, as the schedule for February F! hasn't been released as of yet. Hopefully the show isn't down in February and it's just in flux right now because of the new Star Wars fireworks show that'll be coming soon (a sensible theory I read from someone on another thread). I did switch around my Wave and 'Ohana breakfast mornings so I'll be hitting The Wave before the Princess Expo opens. That's it for early ADR mornings for awhile. At least until mid-2016 if I end up doing the marathon in 2017. :ssst:

Yay for getting all of your ADRs! The F! package thing is weird, but hopefully they'll post the updated schedule with F! (and then release dinner packages) soon.

And I love all of the new shirts!

Commando Trip Day 1 - 7/17

This trip came up with only a week's notice! The BFF had been thinking of going to DL for the 60th at some point during the anniversary festivities. Turned out she and her hubby couldn't wait any longer. And they wanted me to come! I could only get half the day off on Friday, which was actually ok. We hadn't planned on leaving until 1PM-ish anyway since they both worked half-days as well. I went home after work and quickly finished packing and made sure that the kitties had ample food and water to be on their own for 2 days. (Bad kittie momma, I know.) And a few minutes later, we were off! We stopped for lunch a couple of hours into the drive (In-N-Out!) and once at Starbucks before the Grapevine. It was just getting dark when we got in. They dropped me at my hotel before going to theirs. I decided to try Hotel Indigo for this quickie trip since I had already booked it for my January and May trips.

After some quick refreshing and a change of shoes I headed out to meet BFF+Hubs on the way to DTD. We decided to give Uva a try for dinner. I started out with a Dark & Stormy (Black Seal rum, lemon juice, ginger beer). To be honest, I barely remember it. I remember the one sip I had of the BFF's Sangria more than I do the Dark & Stormy. Next I had the Cotton Candy (Vanilla vodka, lime juice, simple syrup, cranberry juice). Waaay too sweet for me! Although I should've known better from the name and description. Duh. There was a bit of food as well. The Uva Street Fries w/ fried organic egg (Chorizo Bilbao, spicy crema, shaved green onions, pickled garlic, cheese curds) were AH-MAY-ZING!!! Definitely the best thing I ate all weekend. We also shared the Guacamole plate. It was fine, but the chips couldn't stand up to the guac and kept breaking. Annoying! I wasn't really that hungry so I went with the House Salad with chicken instead of a main entrée. The size of the salad ended up being more than enough for me anyway.

After dinner, BFF+Hubs went and did a bit of shopping before returning to their hotel. I, on the other hand, decided to visit Trader Sam's! (Shocker!) It was a packed Friday night so I had to stand around for a bit until someone decided to leave the bar. I ordered my drink, the Passionate Python. This time it came with a fancy straw.
002 (640x480).jpg

After the PP I went with the Kona Longboard on draft to slow things down a bit. It didn't work. I was already pretty tossed and tired from being up since 4AM, so I decided to walk back to my hotel. I hustled it back to Hotel Indigo and hit the hay.

You have gotten some shopping done recently! Love your Wine & Dine Shirt. Although I can think of some other races you can use that same shirt for too ;)
Hehe, yes there is one coming up in January it juuust might work for. ;)

(Btw, did you see they just posted new Star Wars stuff today? I really need to stop checking the Raw Threads website for new stuff so often...)

You're killin' me, Smalls! ;)

Yay for getting all of your ADRs! The F! package thing is weird, but hopefully they'll post the updated schedule with F! (and then release dinner packages) soon.

I'm also wondering if this is going to be all she wrote for Mama Melrose's and that's part of the F! hold up. It does seem to lie right in the path of the SW expansion.

The Raw Threads stuff is super cute! But I cannot justify spending that much money on gear for myself - I tend to work out in old show t-shirts and tanks in more appropriate material from Old Navy. And then all the money I save on those, I spend on Disney things at Hot Topic :P.

The Raw Threads stuff is super cute! But I cannot justify spending that much money on gear for myself - I tend to work out in old show t-shirts and tanks in more appropriate material from Old Navy. And then all the money I save on those, I spend on Disney things at Hot Topic :P.

Heh. They get us one way or the other don't they?

Tomorrow is the last day of my 10K program!!! I've got 5 miles to crank out and then it's on to the Beginner Half program. :yay: :yay:

I decided to try Hotel Indigo for this quickie trip since I had already booked it for my January and May trips.
That's a good idea - know what you're getting into before you stay there for races.
So, how was it? Good enough that you're sticking with it for January and May?

We also shared the Guacamole plate. It was fine, but the chips couldn't stand up to the guac and kept breaking.

I hate when that happens! If you're going to serve guac with chips, the chips need to work!

I ordered my drink, the Passionate Python. This time it came with a fancy straw.

Cute straw! Drink looks good too :)

I'm also wondering if this is going to be all she wrote for Mama Melrose's and that's part of the F! hold up. It does seem to lie right in the path of the SW expansion.

That makes sense. I can't say I'll miss Mama Melrose - I only went there once and wasn't planning to go back. I'm wondering what they'll do about the F! package though - if they'll put in a different restaurant for it instead.

The Raw Threads stuff is super cute! But I cannot justify spending that much money on gear for myself - I tend to work out in old show t-shirts and tanks in more appropriate material from Old Navy.

I bought a shirt from Raw Threads on sale a few weeks ago - $12 for a short sleeve v-neck. Their stuff is definitely not cheap, but they do occasionally have sales that make it a little easier to handle if you're not willing to spend much.
(Old Navy is also one of my main athleticwear suppliers - I like their capris/leggings more than shirts, though)

Tomorrow is the last day of my 10K program!!! I've got 5 miles to crank out and then it's on to the Beginner Half program. :yay: :yay:

Yay! Congrats!

So, how was it? Good enough that you're sticking with it for January and May?

I really did like it. Much better than the Anabella I have to say. The room was really nice and clean, and the bed was super comfortable. The lobby seemed more adult and upscale than your average hotel in the area. I didn't get a chance to eat in their restaurant so I'm looking forward to that next time. I think the worst thing that I could say about it was that the hallways outside the rooms were pretty stuffy and not climate controlled. And the AC took a little while to get cranking. Other than that I would say I had an optimum stay at Hotel Indigo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter