My Year of Disney BEGINS: a little Running, a little Drinking: PTR **1/12-W&D-Day 8**

Also pancakes make everything better.

Have you been to Steakhouse 55 for breakfast? They have some kick butt pancakes. From AllEars: Buttermilk Stack - Steaming buttermilk pancakes piled high. Served with whipped butter and Warm Bananas Foster or Warm Berries. I get the warm berries. I did hear that the new chef changed the recipe so I'm ambivalent. Hope they didn't ruin a good thing!

Have you been to Steakhouse 55 for breakfast? They have some kick butt pancakes. From AllEars: Buttermilk Stack - Steaming buttermilk pancakes piled high. Served with whipped butter and Warm Bananas Foster or Warm Berries. I get the warm berries. I did hear that the new chef changed the recipe so I'm ambivalent. Hope they didn't ruin a good thing!

I've had that with the Warm Bananas Foster and it was so good! I got a half order and couldn't even finish it!

I need this in my life. NOW.

I've had that with the Warm Bananas Foster and it was so good! I got a half order and couldn't even finish it!

Was it overly sweet? I've had the Brioche French Toast over at Flo's and I found it too sweet. I think the Banana Stuffed French Toast at Storyteller's Cafe is just about perfect.

Was it overly sweet? I've had the Brioche French Toast over at Flo's and I found it too sweet. I think the Banana Stuffed French Toast at Storyteller's Cafe is just about perfect.

The Foster Sauce was something you got to pour on so it wasn't overly sweet. The pancakes balanced it out enough (plus I stole some of my husband's bacon)

Welp, the kitties are dropped off at the BFF's house and my nails are blinged out like the castle in blue and silver glitter for the 60th.

004 (640x480).jpg

Now to pack!

Just joined in. I gotta say, you show nearly as much enthusiasm as myself for drinking at Disney. Your schedule for 11/11 is my Bill Murray in Groundhog Day fantasy.

And so jealous that you were at Trader Sam's! Grog Grotto in WDW is top of my list for February. Hoping to go to CA in a few years for the original.

I'm back! I've been decompressing and letting the swelling come down (literally) for the last few days. I mostly had a good time with the family. I did have to throw in a few adult breaks for sanity. :drinking1

Yesterday I went and saw Inside Out with the BFF. It was really good, as expected. Bring tissues for sure!

New favorite character in the Disney pantheon:
sadness_thm_ (640x360).jpg

Swelling just from different food/diet choices or swelling because you hurt yourself?

Glad you had mostly a good time!

Swelling just from different food/diet choices or swelling because you hurt yourself?

Thankfully I didn't hurt myself. The swelling was from a combo of sun(burn), sitting in the car for hours, and all the walking and standing in lines at the park in the sun. I usually pace myself better at the parks but I was following the family around this time and they were going from one end of the park to the other, then park hopping all in the space of one morning. Repeat for 3 days. Did I mention the :sunny:?

Here's my foot after just one day:
024 (640x480).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter