My Vistana photos-- FINALLY!

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Robinrs, Jun 15, 2003.

1. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. crazyme5kids

crazyme5kids DIS Veteran

Thanks for the pictures Robin! There's just one problem with them......... It is pushing me still closer to booking a couple of extra nights into a timeshare!!!!!!!!!!!

4. snoopy

snoopy <font color=green>This space for rent<br><font col

Wow, it looks like a beautiful place to stay, Robin. Got the Tug classifieds saved to my favorites!

Tell Michael Auntie Snoops thinks he is a VERY talented artist! :)

5. magicmouse2

magicmouse2 DIS Veteran

The resort looks wonderful! They are the nicest rooms IA have seen of an offsite resort. I think we will stay there a couple of nights next April.
    Thanks for the photos:D

6. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

LoL, snoops... Michael had NO interest in art at all, unlike his MOM and his Auntie, until we got to Vistana. He found these "black velvet" art boards and suddenly got into it! I think Vistana has magic powers...

Margie, I've stayed at MANY places in Orlando, this is now my favorite. We moved to the Portofino afterwards and STILL wanted to go back! And the Portofino is a hard act to beat!

Magicmouse2, you won't be sorry. This is a great place and the only place we've ever stayed that my son would've rather stayed at than go to the parks! And for his tired Mom, that's a GOOD thing!
    :teeth:

7. Simba0319

Simba0319 Mouseketeer

Robn,

Which section of the resort did you stay in? The room looks nice and I am going in August I am not sure which section to request.

Thanks, Emily

8. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

Emily: I was lucky enough to find an owner who owned in the Lakes section. I loved that area.

9. Disney Ella

Disney Ella DIS Veteran

Looks like a really nice place, Robin. Now I have to add another place on my list of places to stay! Michael certainly looks comfortable in that jacuzzi. You should have had him take a picture with you in it.

10. Simba0319

Simba0319 Mouseketeer

Thanks Robin!

11. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

Wow, it looks great.

Does the second br have twin beds or doubles?

herc.

12. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

Nope he couldn't blackmail me the way I'm blackmailing him with the one I DID NOT publish of him showing more skin than he'd like! :earseek: I'm saving it for his first date!! LoL!

Herc, I think the second bedroom had two doubles. It had it's own TV and bath and was the size of a normal hotel room.

13. magicmouse2

magicmouse2 DIS Veteran

Hi Robinrs, do they have non-smoking villas there ? I think this is definitely the resort for us offsite:smooth:

14. AZKathy

AZKathy <font color=darkcoral>We don't need to move to a w

Make sure you get the newer section if you choose this resort!!!!

We were just there June 1-8. Our friend traded in RCI for two two bedroom condos. We were put in the older section (325 and 327). They were terrible and very outdated. They did not look at all like your pictures. Both rooms were smoked in and reaked of smoke which did not get out ever. We had ants crawling on the kitchen counter and two giant roaches in the bathrooms. They sprayed three times. Vistana gave us $100 in Vistana money for each condo....whopeee! Also, the second bedroom had only twin beds in it and we had to rearrange sleeping arrangements for our party of twelve. The pictures we saw on the net showed double beds; we were disappointed in that. There was no way the two bedroom could sleep eight with those twin beds as they advertised. I wish I took pictures of the interior to compare with yours, but I hated it so much, I did not take any pictures.

I read here that they put trades in the older areas. I would suggest anyone trading to MAKE SURE not to get put in the older areas or there may be some disappointment in the accomodations. I would never stay there again after the week we had.

I believe if we had the villa that Robin had, our opinion of Vistana Resort would be different. I am glad you enjoyed your stay there, Robin!

15. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

Wow, Kathy!! I'm so sorry you had such a bad time!

I do consider myself blessed to be in a newer area. We went to the Super Pool and the condos over there were nowhere NEAR as nice as the Lakes. Michael even asked me if we LEFT Vistana!

By the way I was in 1766.

16. AZKathy

AZKathy <font color=darkcoral>We don't need to move to a w

You know, Robin, one of the families we vacationed with were serious about buying a timeshare. They may have listened to the timeshare talk at Vistana if we had accomodations like you had. They had no desire to listen with the villas we had. They were so impressed with OKW the next week during our stay at OKW, they bought into DVC that trip at BCV!

17. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Kathy,
    You were in the older Falls section and I agree with your statement about the section you stay in makes all the difference. I own in the Fountains at Vistana--which I'm very happy with---but one stay we booked two extra nights with the Vistana and we were moved to the older Spas section. It was such a major let-down that I complained to the Front Desk staff. I felt as Vistana owners, visiting during off-season (it was approximately Nov 7-9), that we deserved to be places at the very least in the section we own in. They told us at that time they could not accomodate us. I felt the Spas was substandard to what we were used to. When I got back home, I wrote a very long letter to management. They ended up apologizing and refunded one night's stay to my credit card.
    This past November we arrived for a 2 night stay after our Disney cruise. We checked in by 1 pm and at 5:30 pm our villa still wasn't ready. It turned out there was a major spill on the carpet and they were deep cleaning it. Well, I was traveling with a very weary 68 year old mil who wanted to rest. They offered to find us a room somewhere else and I demanded nothing less than the Fountains. We were given a Lakes unit (same as Robin). The Lakes is actually my favorite, even over the newest section, the Cascades.
    By the way Robin.....enjoyed seeing your pics.....can't wait till I'm there in August.

18. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

Okay... I'm now in email pursuit of the Vistana Villages for July! Hope it's still available!

19. Lisa P.

Lisa P. DIS Veteran

Robin, your photos are lovely. They give a great feel for how nice your room was. We stayed in the Lakes sections (two 2BR units, brought friends) a few years ago. The pics brought back a few very nice memories! :cool:

There are quite a few really nice timeshare resorts in the area, with rooms that, more-or-less, resemble these Vistana Resort rooms. These photos are pretty similar to those we've seen from Vistana Villages, except the Villages seems to have deeper colors for the interior decor. I hope you have a wonderful stay there soon. :) Thanks again for posting.

20. MiaSRN62

MiaSRN62 DIS Veteran

Good luck Robin ! You can do it ! BTW, when specifically in July ? I'll be at the BWV the end of July before I move over to Vistana on Aug 2.

21. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

Thanks, Lisa.

Maria: I'm trying for the two middle weeks in July which is really hard to get. Availability seems to open up the last week, so I may have to hold off until then. My son's school doesn't open to the second week of August this year so we can go then.