'My Very Merry Xmas in November' (checking stuff of the bucket list) WDW Trip. (closed)

I would like one of those robotic maids.:thumbsup2

Yes, Rosie!

jv75WGA.gif

I suck at cleaning my house, so I totally agree with that!

Hi! :daisy: I just found and read through your ptr & am loving it! You are so funny & love all of the comics/photos you've done. You are really talented!

We're also headed down this November- we're going over Thanksgiving 11/26-12/1. This will be our 2nd trip to WDW and are getting more & more excited by the day.

Looking forward to following & planning along! pixiedust:

Hi! :daisy: I just found and read through your ptr & am loving it! You are so funny & love all of the comics/photos you've done. You are really talented!

We're also headed down this November- we're going over Thanksgiving 11/26-12/1. This will be our 2nd trip to WDW and are getting more & more excited by the day.

Looking forward to following & planning along! pixiedust:

Well hi there! Thanks for the nice comments and for following along. :wave:

I will be coming home and you will be going down. :) Will you be staying at a WDW again this time? I like staying on property so that we don't have to drive.

My last two trips I only booked about three months out, and this time, I booked 6 months out. It feels like time is dragging. Idk how people start planning years in advance. Lol.

Well hi there! Thanks for the nice comments and for following along. :wave:

I will be coming home and you will be going down. :) Will you be staying at a WDW again this time? I like staying on property so that we don't have to drive.

My last two trips I only booked about three months out, and this time, I booked 6 months out. It feels like time is dragging. Idk how people start planning years in advance. Lol.

We're staying at the Beach Club. We love not having to drive! My dh's step father will drop us off at the airport & then pick us up when we come home. I haven't booked our flights yet- but we'll be flying out of our local airport/ Scranton- WB on an early flight. I love the planning part, almost (but not quite) as much as the trip itself...lol

Glad to hear that you were able to plan out your meals and have options with your medical condition. These things can be tricky- but I think WDW does an awesome job w/ accomodating meal needs. My ds has a severe peanut & tree nut allergy and we were pleasantly surprised how smoothly things went. I have alot of gi problems and do really well there as well.

Oh, well..dh & ds are waiting for me to run to the store with them - will be back later to check in again :)

Following along! Love your outfits!

Yay! Glad to have you following along. :welcome:

We're staying at the Beach Club. We love not having to drive! My dh's step father will drop us off at the airport & then pick us up when we come home. I haven't booked our flights yet- but we'll be flying out of our local airport/ Scranton- WB on an early flight. I love the planning part, almost (but not quite) as much as the trip itself...lol

Glad to hear that you were able to plan out your meals and have options with your medical condition. These things can be tricky- but I think WDW does an awesome job w/ accomodating meal needs. My ds has a severe peanut & tree nut allergy and we were pleasantly surprised how smoothly things went. I have alot of gi problems and do really well there as well.

Oh, well..dh & ds are waiting for me to run to the store with them - will be back later to check in again :)

I hate driving, it's stressful for me, so using WDW transportation works well for us.
Scranton?! I live in NEPA, too! Sort of near Williamsport, like 30 miles away and about 60 miles from WB/Scranton. :D I am originally from NYC, though. Moved here many years ago. I like it, but it's very rural. I was surprised at how much our flights were. They've gone up. Last two years, we left out of Harrisburg, this time, it'll be Allentown. Wish we could just take a direct flight!

I've never stayed at Beach Club, the the photos look gorgeous! Enjoy.

Hello, Neighbor! :wave2: It's such a small world!

We've only been to WDW once- Nov. 2013. We flew out of Avoca then,too. But last time it was the 2nd wk of Nov. and the flights were so much more reasonable. We're going over Thanksgiving this time to minimize the time ds will miss from school. He goes to a private (Catholic) school and they do so much work and at such a quick pace, I don't want him to worry. Plus, he usually ends up missing time for ear/sinus infections as well. I haven't booked our airfare yet, but the prices are pretty high- I keep watching & it seems they dip a little on Tuesdays/ sometimes Wednesdays. We won't have a direct flight either- there'll be 1 layover. Taking an early morning flight to be in WDW before noon :)

We're looking forward to the beach club. We've never been there either. Last time we stayed at the Polynesian and it was very nice. We loved the monorail. The poly wasn't available for our trip w/ a standard room and there was no way I could pay for an upgraded view room. We ate twice at the Grand Floridian last time (1900 park fare & the grand floridian cafe) and I fell in love with that hotel! :cloud9: But it is so very expensive at peak rates- plus no discount over the 3 holiday nights; it was out of the budget for this time. My ds fell in love with the photos of the Beach Club- esp the pool area, so that's where we'll be. :love: I originally had us booked at the Wilderness Lodge but with the major construction announced- we moved.

My dh works a ton of hours at his job, so we are really looking forward to this vacation time. I do ebay - and that pays for our new and fastly growing Disney addiction...lol I'll be able to put more time into it once ds is back in school.

BTW- I LOVE all of the outfits you put together!! You are so talented & very artistic!!

BOG breakfast adrs are supposed to open Wednesday, so time to stalk that site- hopefully get a pre-park opening adr one morning :)

Hello, Neighbor! :wave2: It's such a small world!

We've only been to WDW once- Nov. 2013. We flew out of Avoca then,too. But last time it was the 2nd wk of Nov. and the flights were so much more reasonable. We're going over Thanksgiving this time to minimize the time ds will miss from school. He goes to a private (Catholic) school and they do so much work and at such a quick pace, I don't want him to worry. Plus, he usually ends up missing time for ear/sinus infections as well. I haven't booked our airfare yet, but the prices are pretty high- I keep watching & it seems they dip a little on Tuesdays/ sometimes Wednesdays. We won't have a direct flight either- there'll be 1 layover. Taking an early morning flight to be in WDW before noon :)

We're looking forward to the beach club. We've never been there either. Last time we stayed at the Polynesian and it was very nice. We loved the monorail. The poly wasn't available for our trip w/ a standard room and there was no way I could pay for an upgraded view room. We ate twice at the Grand Floridian last time (1900 park fare & the grand floridian cafe) and I fell in love with that hotel! :cloud9: But it is so very expensive at peak rates- plus no discount over the 3 holiday nights; it was out of the budget for this time. My ds fell in love with the photos of the Beach Club- esp the pool area, so that's where we'll be. :love: I originally had us booked at the Wilderness Lodge but with the major construction announced- we moved.

My dh works a ton of hours at his job, so we are really looking forward to this vacation time. I do ebay - and that pays for our new and fastly growing Disney addiction...lol I'll be able to put more time into it once ds is back in school.

BTW- I LOVE all of the outfits you put together!! You are so talented & very artistic!!

BOG breakfast adrs are supposed to open Wednesday, so time to stalk that site- hopefully get a pre-park opening adr one morning :)

It certainly is a small world. :)

I've never stayed at the Poly, the only deluxe I've ever stayed in was the Contemporary. That was years ago. I think I'm probably priced out of deluxe at this point, unless I could find some stellar deal or end up lucky somehow. I've learned never to say, never. :D

Thanks, I really had fun looking through my clothes to pull stuff together that would work. I am sort of slightly artistic, I guess. I know so many that are way more talented than I am, musicians, artists and photographers, that every time I do something, I'm like, meh- it's just ok. Lol.

Did you get the BOG breakfast? Hope you were able to!

A non-Disney update....

Real life is getting in the way of my DisBoards and trip planning obsession this week. I am pet and house sitting for some friends while they are on vacation. They have a Great Dane and two kitty cats. I brought my dog, Nizzy with me, too. Will be here until Wednesday, and then I will be headed home. It has been like a lovely mini vacation to stay here. Beautiful and peaceful, and best of all, I'm all alone. (I live with my 90 year old senile grandmother. This is a very badly needed sanity break for me.)

Anyway, here's all the animals I am keeping company with this week.

image.jpg
The above, is my little guy, my hairless Chinese Crested, Nizzy. His proper name is Noah, but I call him Nizzy. He is my constant companion, and a great joy.

image.jpg

This is their cat, Killick.

image.jpg
This is his sister, Haggis.

image.jpg
This is their Great Dane, Hattie.

image.jpg
The view while standing in their "back yard".

image.jpg

Flutter-by....

image.jpg
And my view at the moment. :)

Your dog is so cute!! How is he with the cats? We have a Cairn Terrier who would kill a cat if he had the chance.

The Great Dane is gorgeous. How old is she?

Your plans look great!! Looks like we may have some overlap on our trips on 11/18 at MK. We may head over there for the evening on that day! Then on 11/19 we will be at Epcot that morning (early) since that is the day we have our pre-park opening breakfast at Garden Grill! :) Then we will be taking a break that afternoon and heading to MVMCP that night.

Nizzy is so cute and I am glad you are getting a much needed break! Love your pictures they are beautiful - I would love to spend time there it looks so peaceful!

Your dog is so cute!! How is he with the cats? We have a Cairn Terrier who would kill a cat if he had the chance.

The Great Dane is gorgeous. How old is she?

He is cute, and don't think he doesn't know it. He is pretty spoiled rotten. Lol. My dog is not exactly friendly with other animals. He won't really go after them, but that's because he is always on me. He is like Velcro. Lol. He will growl if anyone or anything comes near him or me, and he does sort of snap. He hardly has any good teeth, so he isn't really a big threat. But there's no fights ever, or anything like that. Everyone just goes about their daily business. With my dog, I have a harness thing I wear when I want him to behave around people. This way he doesn't bother anyone, and he is super good. Just sits in there and bothers no one. He would stay in it 24/7 if I would let him! He loves it. When I just touch it, he hears me touch the thing and he goes bananas and wants in it. I just put it on and sit down and he jumps inside of it himself.
Crazy freaking dog. :lmao:

Hattie just turned 9 years old, I believe.

Your plans look great!! Looks like we may have some overlap on our trips on 11/18 at MK. We may head over there for the evening on that day! Then on 11/19 we will be at Epcot that morning (early) since that is the day we have our pre-park opening breakfast at Garden Grill! :) Then we will be taking a break that afternoon and heading to MVMCP that night.

I don't think I have an outline for my MK day yet, except for my ADR. I know I played around a little with touring plans for 11/19. Which is my last day. Once I get my Fastpasses I will be able to nail down my plans more. I hope. Lol

Nizzy is so cute and I am glad you are getting a much needed break! Love your pictures they are beautiful - I would love to spend time there it looks so peaceful!

Thanks! It has really been so nice. Getting some must needed rest. Sleeping a little better at night than I normally do. This Zyrtec is knocking me out. I'm super allergic to cats, so I have to take it. I'm so sleepy though. Lol.

image.jpg
My little little recreation of me trying to figure out what to do, and where to go at Hollywood Studios. This is the only park that I still needed to break out the map a few times to figure out where we needed to go. I hate the layout of this park. Anyhoooo.....

This year, I was going to just go a half day in this park, as it has become my least favorite of the four, but with all the new things announced and with everything that has closed, and possibly more that is going to close, I decided to do a full day. Not sure whether I will get there for rope drop or not. (Maybe a 10am arrival.) That will be decided when I'm down there, I'll see how I'm feeling. I was playing around with Touring Plans, which I have never used before, and put this together.

image.jpg

And then made the little map better, for easier quick reference:
image.jpg

Figure that this year, I will make a hard copy of the plan, so that I can pull that out for reference, instead of my iPhone all the time. I don't have a printer, because all I use is an iPad or iPhone, but my step mom said she would print stuff out for me.

I am not sure what I will do for FP+ this year. Last year, I know I did TSMM and ST, because my friend doesn't ride ST and I rode it twice back to back, using both FP+. Not sure if I should do that or not this year. Definitely want to try and get TSMM. This is also the first year that I do not have the F! dinner show thing. I cannot see paying that cost when I know there's no way that I will eat that much food. We will be eating at the Brown Derby and I will probably just get an appetizer and dessert. So, I am thinking of trying to get a FP+ for it. From what I've read, it's supposed to be easy to get day of. If anyone has suggestions for what to do with my FP+ for this day, that'd be great. I was going to do Star Tours, TSMM and Frozen Singalong. I was also just thinking of skipping F! this year, if it's too much trouble and just going to see the Osborne Lights earlier, since this will be the first time. I do enjoy F!, so I would rather not skip it. It's just I have read about having long waits in a queue for it without the dinner package, or are people just exaggerating?

Thinking there is room in this plan for a couple of character meets, possibly, if we are looking for things to do. Also, I want to stop at any of the photopass photographers, since I purchased MM. Not sure if the rest of my days will have this much wiggle room. So, this is my idea for my HS day, course once I get my FP+, this can all change. :D

Last edited:
That's a full day! It's amazing, even with stuff closed there is still a lot to do there with the shows. Not sure on the F! FP. We used one last year and we liked it but it was our arrival day. Maybe check Mesaboy's thread and see what the advice there is now. I would pick the Osborne Lights during the show personally but they are my favorite thing at WDW hands-down :goodvibes

That's a full day! It's amazing, even with stuff closed there is still a lot to do there with the shows. Not sure on the F! FP. We used one last year and we liked it but it was our arrival day. Maybe check Mesaboy's thread and see what the advice there is now. I would pick the Osborne Lights during the show personally but they are my favorite thing at WDW hands-down :goodvibes

Wow, really, the Osbore Lights are your most favorite thing? That is quite a build up, now I am even more curious to finally see them. I edited my post above, I wasn't quite clear, because I got interrupted mid post. My thinking is to FP+ TSMM, Star Tours, and the Frozen Singalong, then hoping to get a 4th for F! According to Robo, you usually can, even up to show time. Last year, we bought dinner and took that in to eat while waiting for the show to start. Figure we can do that again.

Yeah, it's a full day. My original thinking was to skip VOTLM and B&tB, but who knows if they will be sticking around. I didn't add in One Man's Dream, but if it's still there, by some miracle, I'll be going to see that, too. I guess I read on the boards today, that they removed his desk. Not sure if it is true, or not.

Yeah they're my favorite thing at WDW. Not to build them up too much lol. I just think they are amazing. We can spend an hour in there looking at the details as well as overall. I think part of it is that I like looking at Christmas lights while wearing shorts and a tee shirt instead of being freezing :)

Great plans! I'm thinking about trying to get a FP for F! as well. We are heading to HS the evening of our arrival day which also has EMH evening hours. Since I think it might be a bit more crowded due to the EMH hours I thought it might be best to get a FP for the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter