My TDS limited to only 1 pin per person!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Disney Collectors Board' started by fluffernutter, Sep 22, 2001.

1. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Mouseketeer

I just got back from my local store and they are limiting all the pins to only 1 per person. I feel so bad for all the people who were there picking up pins for their family etc., but after reading some other posts out there how families are hoarding 10-15 pins each ,i can undertsand what my store did. I actually am glad they did this ,now at least it offers a chance for others to get their pins.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. lindamg

lindamg Mouseketeer

10 - 15 pins?? At my store there were some people who had entire shopping baskets filled with pins!!

As a non-trader, just a medium-sized collector, I was dismayed by what I saw today. People pushing and shoving, reaching over and through others; grabbing the pin holder right off the display and dumping the entire stash in their baskets. This isn't meant to offend anyone on this board, but I was distressed that this is what pin collecting has brought people to. After seeing that I wish my store had imposed a one or two pin limit. Heck even a five pin limit would have helped!

And just a note, I read on here that stores were getting 24 of each pin, I believe? Can't have been true in my store. On some of the pins, (I can't say for all of them) they had WAY more than 24 of each!! I got lucky and got Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore for my nearly seventy-year old mother who just decided to start collecting (and wearing!) pins. I've learned my lesson, on the weeks the Beauty and the Beast pins come out (the only ones I want) I will be combat-ready!!

4. Luv2Roam

Luv2Roam Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

lindamg! I do feel so sad for you! I guess I am lucky (so far).:eek:
    I've only been at one sale like you described (not pin related). And it was horrible.

5. NHMickey

NHMickey <font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co Moderator

Our store in Nashua had 50 pins of each. They had no limit as to how many you could buy either. It went smooth though as only a few people were there and everyone got al the pins they wanted.

6. Humpbacks1962

Humpbacks1962 Humpbacks1962 on Pinpics

After what I saw today, I firmly believe they should limit the pins. Even some CMs were looking pretty shocked by what they were ringing up at the registers.
    It looked surreal and schizophrenic, at times.

Dang, wouldn't people rather spend that amount of money on LEs or more rare pins instead?

Wanda

7. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

I agree, they need to be limited. But it's a little too late for those who didn't get some of this week's, unless they restock. I was one of the lucky ones, but we have 14 weeks to go.

8. karinmac

karinmac DIS Veteran

I got to my DS an hour after it opened and saw only 6 of 6 different pins on the rack. My friend the manager told that #1 was sold out in 10 minutes and this not a busy store. But the DS that was 50 minutes away had closed so maybe that was the reason. Still looking for #1. Have an extra Mickey.

9. Chip and Dale

Chip and Dale Mouseketeer

The scene at my Disney Store was like a shark attack! The first 2 or 3 people in line grabbed all the One Man's Dream pins. Some collectors left the store, disheartened. All of this happened before 10:10!

Later I met Daber for lunch and told him my tale of woe. He had gone to a different DS. I must publically thank him for having mercy on me and letting me trade for pin #1.

Thanks, Dave...you and Carol are the best!

10. goofymom/pop

goofymom/pop <font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag

I am glad I didnt have the same experience. My son and I arrived at the mall at around 9:45, no one in line at all. We walked around a bit and went back. One person in line. Totaled out at 10 around 8 of us. All for pins. Everyone picked up what they wanted no pushing no shoving. I got several of the number 1 pin extra, and one of each of the others. Bought a pin bad too!! My first pin bag....too cool!! The manager was awesome she brought out all her paperwork on the pins, explained about the state pins being limited and mini's. Told us that the 10 pins (10,20,30 etc) would all be movie poster replicas. Anyway she asked my name we chatted for around 1/2 an hour, all pin people were long gone by then. I guess we were lucky.....whooo!

Thank heavens I live in a low collector area. I imagine our local TDGS was packed.....

By the way was anyone shopping for Epcotkilterfan while she was away with the red cross in NY, gosh I hope she made arrangements for a shopper.

Take care all
    cindy

11. disneyvacationmom

disneyvacationmom <font color=teal>Can I force you to take me with y

I got to the mall at 10:05 to an empty rack of pins-people from as far away as 100 miles away had lined up and bought all the pins. The cast member said they were selling the pins in complete sets only and there were a few extra of certain ones that they were selling separately. I only wanted Pin #1 but no luck. They had one left in a set that was on hold behind the counter for a guest who had called yesterday and asked them to hold it. I was very disappointed.

12. campingcorgi

campingcorgi <font color=blue>Will work for a chance to live at

I arrived at the local mall a few minutes after 10 and rushed in. There was no one at all in the store except the two CM's! I asked about the pins and and they were surprised that I even knew they had any. I got all the ones I needed, but my store didn't have the Mickey one (I didn't want it, though). Got a pin bag and a binder, too, and lost of other stuff. Loved that 20% discount!

Barbara
    250 days to go!

13. mikifan

mikifan Mouseketeer

We had a similar experience as some of you have mentioned. My daughter and I waited about 10 minutes to enter the DS with about 10 other people. My daughter made it in the store before me, grabbed 2 Walt/Mickey pins but ended up being trapped against the rack and not able to move out. Being 13, she did not panic, but did get a few elbows in the ribs by some agressive collectors. Luckily we were able to laugh about it later and vowed that if it ever comes down to fighting over pins, we will not participate.
    Jeff

14. Angelrose

Angelrose But I LIKE boring!

We arrived at our store at 8:45. Around 9 a few other women showed up. By 10 there were only about 20 people in line. The manager told us there was no limit, but that he would see that everyone in line got any pins that they wanted. The kept the pins behind the counter and asked how many you wanted of each. I was lucky to get 4 of the One Man's Dream pin. The manager told us there will be holiday pins too. He said that there weren't going to be state pins but regional ones. I got the binder too. When we left at 10:20 there weren't any more people coming in for pins.

15. dizfamily

dizfamily Mouseketeer

Our trip to TDS today was a piece of cake. I decided that I was NOT going to get there early and that if there was a line, I would just forget it. Not worth it to me. We got there at 10:05 and there was no line. In fact there were like 3 people at the pin rack! I only got 3 pins...the One Man's Dream and then 2 other mickey ones (the TV one and the plane one?) It was one for me and one for each of my girls (they picked out theirs). I did overhear a CM saying that this particular store would be getting more in. So if anyone really needs something, lmk and i'll see what i can do. Our store didn't get Tigger, though, but would be getting them from another store at some point. The pin bags are great. I didn't get one today but hope to at some point. I'm trying to budget these days. :D

16. Eeyore's Pal

Eeyore's Pal Trading pins since before there were rubber backs

I arrived about ten minutes before store opened. Only one man waiting. About a minute before store opened a couple showed up. When the store opened, we just walked in, everyone remained orderly. I took two of each pin and one pin bag. (Pin bag is very nice, a very good buy, but no shoulder straps! :mad: )

Within a few minutes, more and more people showed up. Crowd stayed calm but steady. There were at least 8-10 people buying pins at all times. I watched for about an hour. When I finally left, most of the pins were gone. The CM told me this store received 40 of each pin. I only saw one person buy four of each. Most everyone wanted only one or two per pin.

I don't know if I can do this every weekend -- certainly not while I'm in WDW in November!

I guess I'll take it week by week. :)

17. Humpbacks1962

Humpbacks1962 Humpbacks1962 on Pinpics

Robyn, I volunteer to get them for you, dear.

Wanda

18. n2mm

n2mm aka WALTSGIRL

Eeyore's Pal, didn't they close the Laurel store? what store is close to you? I was at the Frederick store with 4 others and all went well and orderly. Probably because most people stayed home to make phone orders. I, too, don't know if I can take it. I already have folks lined up for Oct. 27 and Nov. 3 while I'm in WDW. I printed the list from dizpins and it's great. I marked what I might need an extra of and which ones my grandson would like.

19. Eeyore's Pal

Eeyore's Pal Trading pins since before there were rubber backs

Thank you, Wanda. :)

n2mm:
    I live in West Laurel. Never heard of it? People a mile away don't know we're here! We are on the west side of I-95, not even part of the city of Laurel. Most people think this is Burtonsville. From my house, I can walk into Montgomery and Howard counties. :eek: We're in this tiny pocket of land in the northwestern corner of Prince Georges county.

I live about 10 minutes from Columbia Mall, Columbia, MD. That's where I went this morning.

20. eye R.N.

eye R.N. <font color=660000>Many TF's like pins ;-)</font><

We even knew who showed up when and got in line in that order. My oldest two kids were with me so they each have a #1 up for trade. It was orderly and friendly. I hope it stays that way for next 14 weeks!

Denise

21. lovingthemouse

lovingthemouse magic is in the heart of the beholder...

After reading some of your postings, i am amazed! Arrived at our local store at Holyoke Mall, in MA, about 9:40 and there were 2 other people before me - at 10 the manager came to the gated door and politely asked if we would all remain orderly - all of us had a line together before they opened - they had the pins and bags behind the counter and it was smooth and fast. There was no limit but when i found the price was $4 for 6 of them and $5 for the other two, i did buy the set this time. Sorry so many of you had a difficult time.