My random thoughts from recent Fantasy cruise.

Thanks for sharing your hints. We sail on the Fantasy in May and I HOPE I can remember to go with the flow...that can be hard for me to do, but I know my whole family will benefit from that kind of attitude. :thumbsup2

motraveler said:
So, you are probably right, if the kids weren't exhausted by then and I wasn't carrying around the sleeping kid, my opinion might have been different. I think by Wednesday night my kids were too tired to enjoy 10:30 fireworks and that probably changed my opinion as well. I should have considered why I was trying to get out of there and why it DID matter to me and how it probably warped my opinion. Maybe there will be a next time and I'll get to take my advice and sit back and go with the flow.

It really can be frustrating trying to navigate the crowds! Even when you aren't tired :)

Now that you've had a chance to get the lay of the land, you'll hopefully have a better experience next time. I know I found the first pirate party too crowded and chaotic. I learned that it's best for me to just pop up to see the fireworks, stop by the buffet, and take my time going back to the room. My kids are older, but if I time it right, we are only standing for a few minutes (before and during the fireworks) and then we make a beeline for Cabanas. I wouldn't recommend the buffet with little ones, though. It's pretty crazy in there! :)

I only mentioned they were only shot off the back b/c it was mentioned that one of the ships shoots them from front and back and maybe that makes it better. I wasn't expecting otherwise.

I will concede that maybe I was wrong about the fireworks, I haven't heard anyone else with my less-than-stellar opinion of them. :) AND, I have left off a detail that might shed light on my experience and make my opinion of the fireworks not credible. I was carrying a sleeping 3 year old.

I can see how your opinion would be a little affected! :)

Relaxing and going with the flow definitely does alter your experience. My first time through the night I had a 4 year old - she wore out my shoulders because A - she loved being higher and able to see and B - it was just easier to keep track of her up there rather than in the trees of tall bodies crammed into a smallish space.

It's a fun experience - but one must pack some patience to enjoy it without too much anxiety.

I hope you get your second chance soon...

Thanks so much for this!
I gotta ask, because I haven't seen it referenced before and didn't come up in a search.

What/Who's Max in the tube?

Max is the club host for the adult activities. The Tube is the nightclub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter