• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My purchase still has the sensor on it! What do I do???

wurtie

Mouseketeer
UPDATE: The sensor has been removed. I watched a video on youtube and was able to get it off. :)

We were at Disney the last week of July and I bought the large Vera Bradley duffle in the Midnight with Mickey pattern. I only planned on using it for traveling and since we haven't gone anywhere since then I haven't used it yet......until now. We're headed back to Disney World this weekend and I was so excited to use my new bag. I got ready to start packing it and realized it still has the sensor on it. I've called Disney and they won't do anything because I don't still have the receipt. I didn't keep the receipt because I never intended to return it. Is there anything I can do? I have a brand new bag that I would love to use but can't because it still has a sensor on it.

Alot of stores have the same type of sensors so they use the same type of device to remove it. If you have a friend in retail, you could see if their business uses the same type.

I paid with cash. We make most of our Disney purchases with cash so we don't come home to a huge credit card bill. :(

I feel ya on that. We do the same :(

As someone who once worked a complaint line at a large company, I would suggest calling back and just keep escalating it until you find someone who can help. You know when and where you purchased it and for how much. They have some sort of inventory control so they verify that. It's not like those things cost $1.99 and are being sold constantly.

Sounds like the first person you talked to was just giving the stock answer. You just have to keep being the squeaky wheel. Eventually they will offer the grease.

Take it to the mall, and find a store with a similar sensor that can remove it. The same thing happened to me. Only it was a girl's tutu. By the way, the Disney Store has different sensors. They removed the one from my daughter's tutu at Aeropostale.

Take it to Disney and throw yourself on the mercy of a CM instead of a nameless person on the phone.

I feel ya on that. We do the same :(

As someone who once worked a complaint line at a large company, I would suggest calling back and just keep escalating it until you find someone who can help. You know when and where you purchased it and for how much. They have some sort of inventory control so they verify that. It's not like those things cost $1.99 and are being sold constantly.

Sounds like the first person you talked to was just giving the stock answer. You just have to keep being the squeaky wheel. Eventually they will offer the grease.
I just about died when I saw that sensor still on it. I wasn't really worried because I thought I could call Disney and it would be fixed. The cast member was no help at all. I just wanted to cry when he said there was nothing he could do.

Oddly enough I ended up with a sensor left on my vera bradly midnight mickey hipster bag. Thankfully I was still in the park when I noticed. They did not ask for a receipt when they took it off, though I did have one with me. Good luck. Did you try googling how to get it off?

same thing happened to my sister when she bought a bunch of things at the same time. they forgot to take the sensor off of a pair of pj's.
she realized it once we got home so she took the receipt and the pj's and went around town searching for a store that would help her get it off. (we didn't have a disney store near us at the time but i bet they have the same type of sensor removers if you have one near you i suggest you start there)
the first few she went to did not have the same type of remover needed for that particular sensor but she did find a place finally.

At the risk of having theives that don't already know this see this...

You can buy the devices that remove many of these sensors on ebay.

YouTube it. Most sensors nowadays do not have the ink sensor in them, so you can likely get it off with some pliers. If you can find your sensor on YouTube, it would make it easier.

If you're not comfortable with that, is there a Vera Bradley store or outlet near you? Since the Disney store has different sensors, perhaps there's a chance the local Vera Bradley store would have the same ones.

I second Google/YouTube to search for the specific sensor that's on your bag. This happened with a pair of shoes my dad bought. He needed to wear the shoes before he'd have a chance to return to the store. We found step-by-step instructions on Google, and the sensor popped off without any issues.

UPDATE: The sensor has been removed. I watched a video on youtube and was able to get it off. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter