My points has points that you can't redeem?

disneysnowflake

DIS Veteran
This is the first time I've encountered this situation on My Points.

I got an email from them a while back stating if I spent a certain amount of money at Avon.com I'd get 1000 points plus free shipping.
I shopped there and the items arrived very fast.

Once again My Points didn't credit my points (they have only credited my account 3 times without my having to email them) so I emailed them after a month went by after purchase.

I got a response that said this...

Avon points are different from Points earned in the MyPoints program and may not be used for MyPoints rewards.

That was all the email said.

So, I emailed them back on Friday asking what in the world can I use these 1000 points on if I can't redeem them? No one replied.

Does anyone know?
Are there other places on the My Points website that gives you points you can't redeem?

I've scoured the MyPoints website looking for the answer, but I can't find anything.

Thanks.

I have never heard of that. :confused3 What's the use of getting the points if you can't use them....................

Avon points are just that Avon points they are a bonus given by avon--it moves you up levels withthem for extra bonus items and lower prices. Kind of a frequent buyer bonus. These are separate from your Mypoints purchase points. In essence you earn both "mypoints" and avon bonus points with every order. Be careful to read the mypoints email (it also has an * that expains the avon points are not mypoints). Surf around the Avon website--you must be logged in to see the offers that your avon points give you.

I feel bad now because I should have ordered from the nice homeschooling mom down the road instead of ordering from Avon.com.

I pulled up the email from My Points. The header read.. "Get 1000 points now by shopping with Avon.com"
I also see now :rolleyes: that inside a huge paragraph in little black print the words "Avon points and My Points are not the same. You cannot redeem Avon points for my point rewards". Of course that was at the bottom underneath the huge colorful add that said 3 times you could get 1000 points for ordering.

Are there any other companies that My Points deals with that are similar to Avon? I think that My Points should have said "Get 1000 Avon Points now by shopping with Avon.com". Nowhere in the ad (except that little sentence at the bottom of the email) does it say that the 1000 points is not good at My Points. Very misleading, imho. My Points says there are no points except for 5 points for clicking the link to get to the Avon website.

When I logged into Avon.com my Avon points are 58 for that transaction, not 1000 like the email said. Sigh.

Oh well. I learned the hard way. No big deal.

My experience has been that you do indeed get the bonus mypoints - usually 1000 mypoints for purchases of 40 to 55 dollars plus you do get some avon points. The avon points show up on the avon website. I seem to remember that it took longer than the 30 days for the points to show up at mypoints though - so it is possible that you just haven't gotten them y

FYI that nice mom or whoever that you know who sells avon can still get credit and commission from your order and you get the points, free shipping rather than the handling charge that a regular avon order has and the bonus gifts--you get very few of these when you order catalog through rep. I think I sort of maybe should have taken a breath there! Anyway the "avon lady" gets credit if you enter her phone number at the end of your order. You win because you don't pay shipping (regular avon lady orders have a handling charge), yuo get full sized freebies, points through mypoints (or whichever site you shop through) and avon points.

patsal said:
FYI that nice mom or whoever that you know who sells avon can still get credit and commission from your order and you get the points, free shipping rather than the handling charge that a regular avon order has and the bonus gifts--you get very few of these when you order catalog through rep. I think I sort of maybe should have taken a breath there! Anyway the "avon lady" gets credit if you enter her phone number at the end of your order. You win because you don't pay shipping (regular avon lady orders have a handling charge), yuo get full sized freebies, points through mypoints (or whichever site you shop through) and avon points.

I'm not sure that the "avon lady" actually gets commission on purchases through the avon site. She should get credit towards award levels but i don't think she will see any money unless you go through her own personal site (which is different than the one that mypoints brings you to). I may be wrong about this but I think this is how my rep explained it to me.

I just wanted to post that today I got a credit to my Mypoints account for an Avon order that I did through them. My order was May 6th. Pretty quick if you ask me. So if any of you are waiting for points from an Avon order I would check it out. Best of luck :cheer2:

My avon person lives across the street and she gets sales credit for levels and commission on the items I purchase. The sales credit may be less than the regular commision they are used to--it was when I sold a few years ago, but htey still benefit from it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter