my points and rewards (disney gift cards)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by magic kingdom park, Jun 20, 2011.

1. magic kingdom park

magic kingdom park Mouseketeer

I know some of you on here have said you were able to use your points to purchase a walgreens gift card and then buy disney cards, my walgreens will not do that, so I was wondering if anyone had any luck anywhere else. I noticed they have added paypal but it uses alot of points.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. momejay

momejay DIS Veteran

Some of our grocery stores sell Disney gift cards. I haven't noticed any on the mypoints list, but maybe in your area? I heard someone got a Walmart card from mypoints & then took that to Sam's Club, but it seems like too much trouble.

4. alyssa810

alyssa810 <font color=purple>It's much more fun on the boat<

Luckily I've been able to use Walgreens gift cards to get Disney gift cards but now that we've been to T-Rex, I've been saving my mypoints for the $50 Landry's gift card, which is less points than $50 for Walgreens.
    I also do quickrewards.net, and they have Disney gift cards directly.

5. cglaura

cglaura DIS Veteran

You could use the Walgreen's for stuff you'd pay cash for (laundry detergent, shampoo, etc.) Or get any other card from MyPoints your normally shop. Walmart maybe?

Then take the cash you would have spent on that and buy a Disney Gift Card.

Or, another idea is what pp stated for Disney trip...to cash out for a Rainforest Cafe gift card. It can be used at RFC, TRex or Yak&Yeti

6. Jen_in_NH

Jen_in_NH <font color=deeppink>waffles and snow seem to go t

I'm thinking about the Walmart idea, and then going to Sam's. A lot of people on another thread said that it worked, and even if it doesn't, I can use the Walmart card to stock up for our trip.

7. squirrel

squirrel DIS Veteran<font color=deeppink>

I think I remember someone else saying their Walgreens wouldn't allow them to purchase a Disney Gift Card with the store Gift Cards. So they purchased one small item and a Disney Gift Card and then used the Walgreens GC and some cash/CC to pay the difference.

8. Soben

Soben Mouseketeer

Do you have more than 1 wags? It seems we have one on every corner. I would try a different one, maybe you go by a different one once in a while. I've never had a problem, so keep trying.

9. LaDonna

LaDonna DIS Veteran