my points and rewards (disney gift cards)

magic kingdom park

Mouseketeer
I know some of you on here have said you were able to use your points to purchase a walgreens gift card and then buy disney cards, my walgreens will not do that, so I was wondering if anyone had any luck anywhere else. I noticed they have added paypal but it uses alot of points.

Some of our grocery stores sell Disney gift cards. I haven't noticed any on the mypoints list, but maybe in your area? I heard someone got a Walmart card from mypoints & then took that to Sam's Club, but it seems like too much trouble.

Luckily I've been able to use Walgreens gift cards to get Disney gift cards but now that we've been to T-Rex, I've been saving my mypoints for the $50 Landry's gift card, which is less points than $50 for Walgreens.
I also do quickrewards.net, and they have Disney gift cards directly.

You could use the Walgreen's for stuff you'd pay cash for (laundry detergent, shampoo, etc.) Or get any other card from MyPoints your normally shop. Walmart maybe?

Then take the cash you would have spent on that and buy a Disney Gift Card.

Or, another idea is what pp stated for Disney trip...to cash out for a Rainforest Cafe gift card. It can be used at RFC, TRex or Yak&Yeti

Some of our grocery stores sell Disney gift cards. I haven't noticed any on the mypoints list, but maybe in your area? I heard someone got a Walmart card from mypoints & then took that to Sam's Club, but it seems like too much trouble.

I'm thinking about the Walmart idea, and then going to Sam's. A lot of people on another thread said that it worked, and even if it doesn't, I can use the Walmart card to stock up for our trip.

I think I remember someone else saying their Walgreens wouldn't allow them to purchase a Disney Gift Card with the store Gift Cards. So they purchased one small item and a Disney Gift Card and then used the Walgreens GC and some cash/CC to pay the difference.

Do you have more than 1 wags? It seems we have one on every corner. I would try a different one, maybe you go by a different one once in a while. I've never had a problem, so keep trying.

Do you have more than 1 wags? It seems we have one on every corner. I would try a different one, maybe you go by a different one once in a while. I've never had a problem, so keep trying.[/QUOTE

That is what I was gonna suggest.....I know Walgreens around here seem all different, one reason why I stopped shopping there! But I somehow(can't even remember how) got a $10 Walgreens gift card so I went in and got the Disney gift card no problems......just cashed out for a $50 thru mypoints so have my fingers crossed it works again.....I may even pick up something just to maybe throw the cashier off lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter