My NYC Marathon Training Journal! (Comments welcome)

The tired mystery is cracked! After dinner on Wednesday, I started to feel a cold coming on. I've been taking lots of Vitamin C and cold medicine, hoping to keep it at bay. It's not full blown yet, just that feeling in the back of your throat and a little congested. I got a short run in this morning and went to the gym for 30 min on the bike and some upper body strength training, but no long runs.

I'm going to try and get 5 in tomorrow and then 15-16 Sunday, but we'll see. I know I shouldn't push it, but b/c next week is only 13, I really want to make sure I get this one in.

The tired mystery is cracked! After dinner on Wednesday, I started to feel a cold coming on. I've been taking lots of Vitamin C and cold medicine, hoping to keep it at bay. It's not full blown yet, just that feeling in the back of your throat and a little congested. I got a short run in this morning and went to the gym for 30 min on the bike and some upper body strength training, but no long runs.

I'm going to try and get 5 in tomorrow and then 15-16 Sunday, but we'll see. I know I shouldn't push it, but b/c next week is only 13, I really want to make sure I get this one in.

Kim, Oh I hope you don't get sick....if you do you have a week to get over it !!! Sending some "don't get sick" pixie dust your way.
I swear by the Emergen-C supplement, it can shorten a cold and help even pre-cold.
Good luck with your long run Sunday. I've got my long one on Sunday too. Hopefully, DH can also run it since he has been suffering from Achilles tendinitis all summer. He has not been able to run and train like he would like.

Just think....in just one week were at Disneyland. :cool1: Can't wait.

Kim, Oh I hope you don't get sick....if you do you have a week to get over it !!! Sending some "don't get sick" pixie dust your way.
I swear by the Emergen-C supplement, it can shorten a cold and help even pre-cold.
Good luck with your long run Sunday. I've got my long one on Sunday too. Hopefully, DH can also run it since he has been suffering from Achilles tendinitis all summer. He has not been able to run and train like he would like.

Just think....in just one week were at Disneyland. :cool1: Can't wait.

Thanks! I'll have to pick up some of that Emergen-C stuff on the way home. I'm hoping everything I'm taking and trying to sleep all day tomorrow and Sunday will help. Has DH tried the KT pro-tape? That's been helping me w/ my little pains and it's been working really well.

1 more week, I know!! That's what was getting me through this morning's run. I just kept saying "this time next week I'll be at the airport, I'll be at the airport." I found out I have an extra $30 disney reward $ for next week so I should have around $100! :yay: Expo here I come! I really hoping they have better stuff than Tink and a more selection for C2C than they did at Tink, that one design wasn't very good. And what's weird is that they had a huge selection for WDW the weekend before, but I knew I'd jinx it if I bought something there. I don't think I even bought anything at Tink.

Thanks! I'll have to pick up some of that Emergen-C stuff on the way home. I'm hoping everything I'm taking and trying to sleep all day tomorrow and Sunday will help. Has DH tried the KT pro-tape? That's been helping me w/ my little pains and it's been working really well.

1 more week, I know!! That's what was getting me through this morning's run. I just kept saying "this time next week I'll be at the airport, I'll be at the airport." I found out I have an extra $30 disney reward $ for next week so I should have around $100! :yay: Expo here I come! I really hoping they have better stuff than Tink and a more selection for C2C than they did at Tink, that one design wasn't very good. And what's weird is that they had a huge selection for WDW the weekend before, but I knew I'd jinx it if I bought something there. I don't think I even bought anything at Tink.

DH's problem is too far gone for the tape. He's been seen at the Sports Med. Department over in Palo Alto and has undergone some strange treatment that of course is $$$$$$$ and not covered by ins. So one day he's ok and the next he can't walk due to the swelling. So hopefully he will be ok for Sunday and race day. Just have to wait and see.

I predict there will be lots of C2C stuff. Just because there has not been a race for awhile and then you have all the WDW people come out here and most of them are C2Cers. So that's my theory. We'll know in a week.
I'm planning to line up at least by 9:00 am. Leave the boys in the park and enjoy the expo and pick up all race bibs for everyone and SHOP !!!!
I am so looking forward to that!!

DH's problem is too far gone for the tape. He's been seen at the Sports Med. Department over in Palo Alto and has undergone some strange treatment that of course is $$$$$$$ and not covered by ins. So one day he's ok and the next he can't walk due to the swelling. So hopefully he will be ok for Sunday and race day. Just have to wait and see.

I predict there will be lots of C2C stuff. Just because there has not been a race for awhile and then you have all the WDW people come out here and most of them are C2Cers. So that's my theory. We'll know in a week.
I'm planning to line up at least by 9:00 am. Leave the boys in the park and enjoy the expo and pick up all race bibs for everyone and SHOP !!!!
I am so looking forward to that!!

Hope hes okay for Sunday and can finish! I have a feeling you're right about the C2C stuff. I'll see you in line. I get in around 8:20, so I'm hoping to be in line 9/9:15. Have a safe trip down!

I got my runs more like walks in this past weekend, but havent done anything sense. Monday morning I came down with a fever and really bad body aches that I've just started to get over. My fever spiked to 101 last night; luckily nothing today, but the past few days it seems to rise in the afternoon. I haven't really been eating that much either ~ I've drinking a lot of smart water and picked up some pedialyte and soup yesterday, I tried powerade but it's just too sweet for me right now. But I have been sleeping/resting a lot; pretty much from the time I get home from work until the time I have to get ready for work. So the upside is that I'll be rested for this weekend. I'm just glad I have travel OCD and packed everything but the running gear I thought I needed for this week last weekend. :rotfl2:

I'm going to try for a real meal tonight, just pasta nothing big. And hopefully if the rest of today and tonight go okay, I'm going to try and get a few miles in tomorrow. Nothing hard, I'll probably just walk it. As for this weekend, I'm still going down. I started to worry a tad this morning b/c of the lack of excess fueling/carb-loading that I haven't been able to do. I'm not worried about the distance; it'll just be how my body is able to respond to everything. And I will do everything I can to finish Sun., Sat I'm not worried about as much as Sun. But if I have to crawl to stay above the sweepers, trust me I will, I can always buy a new pair of capris. ::yes:: But the upside is that b/c I've had 2 longer weeks of training, this week is supposed to be an easy/recovery week even though the lighter long run is a race so I don't really have to worry about a time and just make sure I finish. :dumbo: As for the parks, well see. The tickets are good until Dec. and if I still don't feel 100%, I'll just spend my time sleeping/relaxing in the hotel and go down after NY for a short weekend.

Kim-You have been sick !! As long as your fever has broken I'm sure you're on the upside. Sunday is still a few days away. Try and get a lot of rest and keep taking your fluids. At least you don't have to deal with the drive.

DH managed to do 9 miles on Sunday-that's the most he's done this training period and feeling OK. His time will be slow but he's hoping to finish. I would love to take off and try and get a PR but I will probably stay with him and be his pacer. So if you hear a couple arguing on the course --it's probably us:rotfl2: He stayed with me last year when I ran it sick so I try and do the same for him.

We're driving down tomorrow morning early. See you at the expo on Friday.

Glad race weekend is over! Flight was great, got in a few minutes early and then went outside to catch my shuttle and it was HOT. Already at 8:15 in the morning. I lucked out and my room was ready when I got to the hotel so dropped my luggage off and headed straight to the expo. I got there around 9:15 or so and oh my god! If you haven’t read any of the DDD posts already it was a crazy long line. I have never seen it that bad before, both the expo and bib lines were so long, and I know they added the 10k and DDD this year, but even 1st year Tink was not bad. I got into the expo around 10:15 and it was absolutely insane, it was like every news story you see headlining the 6 o’clock news for Walmarts and Best Buys on Black Friday. People were grabbing everything and anything they could; I saw more merch being wheeled out to the flood and people following it out, and the lines for purchase were so long, 1-2 hour wait. I ended up not even walking around the vendors b/c there were so many people. A little bummed, b/c I saw a really cool pair of New Balance tights that I wanted to buy but they had a long line too b/c of the shoes. I did luck out when I went downstairs for my bib and park tix, only 1 person in front of me for both.

I woke up Saturday for the 10k, got dressed and then checked the temp ~ 5:15 and 78º! Yay! Headed over to the staging area and waited for the corrals. I didn’t have any problems getting in, just waited a bit. I got through the 10k, and I honestly can’t remember a race where I sweat as much as that race. I liked the course, the part around the convention center was a nice change from the around the parks that the 5k has been in the past and different from the ½s. Got my medal and DDD wristband and headed back to my room. Jumped in a quick ice bath, which felt really good. Don’t know if that was b/c of helping my muscles or b/c it was hot. I had some chocolate mile and a bagel w/ peanut butter and headed out to the parks for a little bit.

Sunday was, yeah. It was definitely cooler than Saturday, but no cloud coverage. I stretched really well and wasn’t sore at all from Sat. I didn’t have any problems getting in my corral, but pretty much from the start, I knew it wasn’t there. I don’t know if it was from the heat or not eating race week, but I didn’t have it. So my new plan was just to walk the race. I knew I wouldn’t have any time problems and was keeping track of my time at the mile markers. B/c it was warm, I started early w/ fueling ~ at mile 3 I had a couple of jelly bellies and right after 4 and the overpass I started my 1st gu. I was going good, my miles were consistent, but then I hit mile 7. I don’t know what happened, but as soon as I passed that mile marker, things went downhill and they went downhill fast. It was like I passed a magnetic field that sucked everything out of me. All of a sudden my mouth was dry; I would take some water and seconds later it was like I hadn’t drank anything. I was light headed and had zero energy. I stopped for a second to catch my breath, and kept going. That mile was 20 min. I got to mile 8, and it just got worse. Mile 8 to 9 was 30 min. I hit the medic tent right before Angels Stadium and had to stop. I knew I would hit the last sweep mark w/ plenty of time to spare, but I also knew if something happened after that last sweep mark, I could be in real trouble. It took a little more than an hour after I stopped for my hands to stop shaking, and the rest of the day I was so unbelievably tired. I have never been that bad after a race before. And I still can’t figure out what happened. I had plenty of water the day before; I was fueling and drinking water along the course. It was just bad.

So no Dumbo this year. :( But there’s always next year and Tink in Jan. But I would rather have skipped out on finishing this half then have something bad really happen and not be able to finish NY. And on to this weekend. My long run Sun is 15, here's hoping is goes much better!

Sorry for the delay in posting, but work has been crazy this past week. Runs are going well. This week has been a flip flop week ~ I'm headed out to New Orleans and the LSU Game this weekend for my belated birthday/x-mas present from last year so I did my long run this morning and am doing my medium run Sun or Mon depending on how I feel after the game. :rotfl2: So here's a pic of my view on my run this weekend:

:love: I love DL, but NO is my all time fave place. I mapped out my run and from the hotel down St. Charles to LMU/Tulane and back to Cafe du Monde is 9½ miles. And hopefully my corner table will be ready for some beignets and watching the square come to life.

Long run went pretty good this morning. Could have been a few degrees cooler, but there was coastal fog so it worked out well. Legs felt okay; I really pushed it on sprints, both the number of sprints and the speed on Tues and went straight into leg work so they were still a tad sore. I was getting tired towards the end and the last mile I was hoping to hit a stoplight so I could rest for a min, but I hit them all, which is better. I didn't have time for an ice bath b/c of work so I'm hobbling a little today, but other than that, I happy w/ how it went today. One of the best parts was that I was wearing my Nike Women's shirt from last year and on my way back, a girl was running towards me wearing the same shirt! I was so excited, stupid I know, but I've never seen someone wearing the same race shirt before. A few years ago I was driving and saw a girl in the '07 DL shirt, but never while I was out running.

Work has been crazy busy the past couple of weeks, which is a good thing, b/c I’m now in the beginning stages of freaking out and it’s keeping my mind off the race. The race emails have started picking up and it’s taking awhile to read them, b/c I get so nervous at the sight of the orange header. And what’s kind of ironic is that I keep forgetting about Nike! I went on to their facebook page, which sadly is also the race page, and found out I can pick up my bib the weekend before at the Stanford store. So much easier than driving up to the city after work Thurs or Fri night. There’s no expo for the race ~ it’s just bib pickup and then merch in the Nike store. The other plus is that the Stanford store will have limited race stuff so I can’t spend that much money, and if the merch tent at the end of the race is like last year there is no way that I would wait in line. It wasn’t as bad as DDD, but a close 2nd.

New Orleans was a ton of fun and the LSU game exceeded any and all expectations. I got about 7 miles in while I was there. The weather was a little worse than DDD, but not by much. I went out around 6:15 and it was 75 w/ 95% humidity. It was not a pretty run and you could definitely tell who was a tourist and a native b/c the natives were running like it was nothing. :rotfl2:

Runs have been going okay; not happy but not disappointed either. I just can’t get my time down where I feel I should be. I got some sprints in yesterday and they really kicked my butt. I got to work and was so tired and was starving all day long. That part was new, especially after sprint work. Haven’t been going to the gym as often, but have been doing squats, planks, those types of things at home. I have a medium run tomorrow. This weekend I have 18 on tap.

Kim-Glad to hear your training is going well. Don't let your nerves get the best of you. (easier said than done)

I think I have finally recovered from the DL expo. It was horrible and I spent over 4 hrs total in lines. Did you get the merch. that you wanted ?? Did you get your merch. first or your bib ?? I passed on the C2C since I was so disappointed at the expo lines and how all was handled that I was DONE. I did pick up a couple of things and a D & B but I am still in shock with the experience.

I'm wondering how bad Tink will be now and how to deal with it ?

I think I have finally recovered from the DL expo. It was horrible and I spent over 4 hrs total in lines. Did you get the merch. that you wanted ?? Did you get your merch. first or your bib ?? I passed on the C2C since I was so disappointed at the expo lines and how all was handled that I was DONE. I did pick up a couple of things and a D & B but I am still in shock with the experience.

I'm wondering how bad Tink will be now and how to deal with it ?

4 hours!?! That's crazy! No merch ~ everything was gone by the time I got there and I did merch 1st and bibs 2nd. I did see some really cool New Balance long tights that had green on the side and perfect for winter training, but they had a long line too b/c of the shoes. I'm hoping Tink will be better too. I thinking merch won't be too bad, b/c there isn't an official challenge and that's what everyone was going for at DL, but I know as I say that it will be.:rotfl2: But the upside is that I caved and signed up for the 5k too, so I'm going down Thurs and maybe it'll be slower than Fri. And w/ the SWA sale, I had enough points for a free RT ticket. :cool1:

Runs were okay this weekend. A little warm but not too bad. Little hobbly today though. This week is a big one; I've got some small runs, a 10 and 20 on Sunday. Hopefully I'll get to the gym a couple of times for some weight work as well. Only 2 more weeks of big mileage, then taper begins. I think I'm starting to feel it as well, b/c I'm getting more tired by end of the week than I would be w/o the longer run weeks. The spending aspect of the weekend is about to begin too! They've slowly begun putting up official merch on the website and of course I've fallen in love w/ a couple of the jackets ~ the most expensive thing. I wasn't that impressed w/ the women's stuff, the men's stuff is better, but I know there will be so much more at the expo. They showed the race shoes on Asics and I loved them, a bright green and blue color, but I tried on the same model at the shoe store and they didn't fit right, so I lucked out there.

Kim,
I saw this online at Running Warehouse.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Asics_Womens_Marathon_Favorite_Long_Sleeve/descpage-AWFLSNY.html

Hope the link works. Anyway long sleeve NYC Marathon Shirt---just incase you need to start shopping. :)

Thanks! When I went back on today, they had more clothes ~ women's no men's yet. I like some of the women's stuff, but the largest they go online is a large and that might be pushing it chest-wise. :blush: It'd fit everywhere else though! I'm hoping some of the men's jackets get added this week, w/ the discount code, it'd save some $.

I impulse bought a watch over the weekend at the RnR SJ Expo. I really liked some of the aspects of the Garmin 10 like the intervals and goal time stuff, but tried it on, and didn't like the fit of it. Tom tom had a booth and fell in love w/ their watch, and w/ the expo discount it ended up only being about $10 more than the Garmin. It's really slim and light and while you can't set intervals, you can set goal times. I should have it by Thursday so I'll give it a whirl w/ a run on Friday. I looked on Amazon at some of the reviews afterwards and it seemed like most of the negative comments were mostly for their website and keeping track of the info, but once a run is done, I don't really keep track of it.

Runs are going okay. Right now I think I'm just ready for training to be over. I have 20 on Sunday and I'm hoping for a 10+ tomorrow and maybe another 10 on Friday. I was supposed to get the 10 in this morning but I haven't been sleeping much and it was the 1st night where I not only slept the whole night through, my alarm woke me up, so skipped this morning's run and went to the gym instead. The tm's were all full so I hopped on the elliptical and bike for about 50 min.

Long runs are over! Now, it's just worrying and stress for the next 2 weeks. On my god ~ 2 weeks from tonight I leave. :scared1: My last long run was not good at all. I've now thrown any time goal out the window and the goal is just to finish. But given how many people I will be running w/ that might be best. And I thought it was crowded in Jan at WDW. I'm a little worried, b/c I'm starting to have problems w/ my foot. The bottom of my heel has been hurting and not sure what's going on there.

I'm still not sure what I'm running in and honestly, I think it'll be the week of type of thing. Mostly b/c of the weather and it being an all day event. My wave doesn't even start until 11, so it really will be an all day thing. I'm trying to figure out the whole morning of eating thing. Starting that late, and then you're running through typical lunchtime, I'm not sure really what to do. I'm almost tempted to stay on West Coast time so that way it's really breakfast time and a late lunch.

This weekend is Nike so a tad longer than what's my scheduled taper, but only a mile. But on the upside, I picked up my bib last weekend, and looked around the store and the only merchandise that appealled to me was a pullover w/ thumbholes. I don't know what it is, but I'm obsessed w/ and a sucker for them. But I know that's what I'll probably get in NY and have some already, so I was strong and passed on them.

Boy, I can't believe you leave in two weeks. Time really flies by. Hope you stay well and not get sick. Take some sanitizing wipes on the plane with you and wipe down everything. It may look silly but I swear by it.

Good luck this weekend. Hope the fog lifts so you can have a scenic view this year.

Can't believe your big race is almost here !!:cool1::cool1:

Boy, I can't believe you leave in two weeks. Time really flies by. Hope you stay well and not get sick. Take some sanitizing wipes on the plane with you and wipe down everything. It may look silly but I swear by it.

Good luck this weekend. Hope the fog lifts so you can have a scenic view this year.

I never thought of taking the wipes on the plane! I bring them w/ me to wipe down the hotel rooms, just never thought about that before.

The weather was evil this year. I checked the weather app and it said no fog. I got to Union Square and no fog. Race started and no fog; there was some along the bay itself covering the posts of the Bay Bridge, but you could see the towers. And by the time we got to the Marina Green, the fog was there and I think thicker than last year and as we went along. No GG Bridge, no ocean, and when I was finishing in GG Park, you could actually see little whisps of fog rolling throughout the trees. I was a little bummed, b/c b/w SF and Nike races, I've never run in the sun and was looking forward to a little change. It was cool though b/c all you heard along the Marina and on the other side of the bridge were the barge horns.

Running-wise, I was happy w/ the race. Not too hard, not too easy, and the hills weren't nearly as bad as they've been in the past. But that's about the only good thing on the day. I am definitely over this race. The necklace is really simple and I love it, and that's about it. It took forever to cross the start line. Mile 5 water stop ran out of water by the time I got there and 2 other stops, 9 and another ran out of water, but then hooked up a hose to a fire hydrant and were giving out water from there. After the horror stories of RnR Vegas from 2 years ago, no thank you! I'm surprised they did that. I was just glad I had my fuel belt so I didn't take any water. I think the worst 1 was the Mile 11 stop. That 1 was more the volunteers ~ it's a 2 lane street, b/c you can drive through the park, but they raked empty cups into 1 of the lanes so you had to merge down to 1 and the volunteers were standing 1/3 of the way in the lane so it really bottlenecked. And on top of that, they were really obnoxious and saying stupid things. It was just bad. The other problem this year, maybe it was just me, but the runners. I run/walk and always make sure I'm closer to the right side so when I start to walk, I'm at the edge of the course and check to make sure no one is behind me. That didn't happen. I know it's a big group race and predominately TNT, but I can't tell you the number of people 4,5 across and more than once I had people cut across vertically. Vertically! Why they were going to the sides and w/o any regard for the other runners, I have no idea. And a couple of times, it was the TNT coaches. I know people who aren't TNT mention before that they've had problems w/ them in the past, but I've never experienced it. Like I said Nike is mostly TNT, and the past 3 years, even though I wasn't they cheered for me and last year when I had problems w/ my hip on the hill, they asked if I needed help. But this year, I see what they mean. This year, the coaches were different. Like I said I got cut off by a couple of them, they'd cheer TNT and no one else. The 1 time I did hear a coach cheer for people other than TNT it was a sarcastic "Well I guess other althetes as well."

After you cross the finish, you get your necklace and then your race shirt. Necklace ~ no problem. Shirt... had to stand in line for more than 15 min waiting to get the shirt. Problem w/ that is standing literally a minute or 2 after you finish is not good, legs started to cramp up. The other was that it was thick fog and right on the ocean, and the foil blankets were not until after the shirt pickup instead of before, so you got really cold really fast. You did get a carton of chocolate milk which was good. Merch tent looked crazy so I was going to check out the store when I got back to the start. Next as bag pickup. My bus was all the way at the end, but the past 3 years it has been so no big deal. The problem there ~ the kids inside the bus were doing something and not paying attention and I was calling out to them for 4-5 min before they even noticed me. Next fun time was the line for the shuttle. No organization at all and best of all, about a 50 min wait! Good thing was that it was constantly moving. But then it took the bus a little over an hour to get back to the start! So all in all, it me 2 1/2 hours from the time I crossed the finish line to get back to the start. :sad2:

It's sad, b/c this race was always a shiny race (if that makes sense). I'm definitely over this race now. It's not b/c I'm looking forward to NY and comparing the 2 either. This was the 10th anniversary for the race, so you would think small things like water would be figured out by now. And, I don't know, maybe b/c disney does special things for their anniversary races, I was expecting a little more given it was the 10th.

I'm a little sore today. But I think that's more from the after race than the race itself. When I first get up from sitting, I'm sore, but after walking around a few minutes, I feel okay. This week is nice and easy. My long run is only 9 miles! :yay: My big task this week is to make my to-do list for the weekend. Not my packing list, did that last weekend. :rolleyes1 And I still have to figure out what to do while I'm there, so I'm headed over to the library for a travel guide this week. Dinner reservations are made for Sat, so at least that's done. Now the stalking weather.com begins...

Okay, I can tell I am officially in taper now. I feel like I could bounce off the walls right now. I have so much built up energy and am going crazy. :hyper::hyper: Legs feel better today. Went to the gym instead of the road, b/c I wanted to get 1 last strength training session in. I felt a little tiredness on my bosu squats, but everything else went well.

Went on the NYC fb page and found these little beauties...

Wow !!! I'm excited for you !!! :thumbsup2
They had a article in this months Runner's World mag. about the NYC Marathon and showed a photo of runners on a bridge....you're going to do that !:cool1:

When do you officially leave ??

Wow !!! I'm excited for you !!! :thumbsup2
They had a article in this months Runner's World mag. about the NYC Marathon and showed a photo of runners on a bridge....you're going to do that !:cool1:

When do you officially leave ??

I know, I was so excited when I got mine in the mail on Thurs! Ironically, it has the article on Ryan Hall and that afternoon they announced on Facebook that he had to drop out b/c of an injury. I leave Thursday night, red eye out of SJ, but not until 11. Non-running question for you, did you see the X-masing the Jungle Cruise? I really want to go check it out, but don't think I can swing it before Tink. :(

Last long-ish run was this morning. Training is over now! Well, mostly... a couple short ones this week and then Sunday!!! No gym this week, don't want legs to be too tired. Today's run was good, legs felt good and ready, but still having some problems w/ my heel. But I can handle the pain so even if I have to walk more than run, I'll have enough time to finish. I noticed today that my running belt is getting a little loose, so that's a nice surprise. It kept moving around last Sunday at Nike, but didn't notice it before and when I out it on this morning, I had to put it at the end of the Velcro. :goodvibes Oh! And if anyone out there reading this is a computer or techie person, ran through Cupertino today and saw the sign for the new Apple Campus. I know they announced it last week or the the week before, but the building proposal w/ a pic and info in front of the site.

I've also been using my tomtom the past couple of weeks and love it! Setting it up prerun is really easy, it's easy to read while you're running, and it fits really well. I have it setup so while I'm running I can see my pace which is displayed really big and then up top it has my mileage and total time out there running.

Slowly starting to pack, race stuff is done except for my capris, have to wash those from this morning. Just trying to figure out the rest of the trip. Keeping an eye on the weather, so far rain Fri and Sat, clear but a little cold and windy on Sun. But I like running in the cold, so I'm good w/ that.

Wishing you have a GREAT race in NY. Have fun and I hope you enjoy every minute of it. :cool1: Can't wait to hear your report. :)

Yes...I read about the Jingle Cruise. It sounds great. We were at DL for the Halloween Party on Monday and I asked a Jungle Cruise CM about the Jingle Cruise and he thought it was going to be pretty good. It could really be a lot of fun--I'm hoping for lots of laughs. We'll be down for Candlelight weekend so I'll ck it out.

(Halloween party was fun. Our Mouseketeer dressed up as the Small World Clock tower. (His idea) We spent hrs & hrs making the costume but it was worth it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter