My most embarrassing moment at Disney, share yours!!

Mine was on the bus standing room only my teen developmentally delayed daughter standing next to me. She looked at a large man sitting directly in front of us with white hair and a beard and said "hi Santa clause!"

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

OK... Let me preface this story by explaining I am pear shaped and wear one piece swimsuits.

The first time we went to Typhoon Lagoon my 10 year old never was super eager to get into the wave pool. We were at the park before it actually opened so when we got into the pool it wasn't crowded at all. Thank goodness because.....

I did not realize how powerful those waves are! I went under and felt my sunglasses leave my face (though the cord they were on stayed around my neck;))

Well I am so engrossed in trying to locate my favorite pair of sunglasses I fail to realize the top of my suit is around my waist!!!!!

Then I look up and see the very handsome lifeguard just trying to avert his eyes. Talk about thoroughly embarrassed!!!!

I don't think anyone else saw since this was probably 5 seconds at most but I couldn't leave the park like I wanted because this was the pool my nephew had talked about all week and it was only the 2 of us on this trip.

In the afternoon walking along the "beach" of the pool I found my sunglasses:)

This thread is hilarious. I actually have a funny one. We were at WDW this past June. There were 12 of us. One day we were at Hollywood Studios and my husband and sister in law, and the kids decided they were heading over to the Tower of Terror and Rockin Rollercoaster. I've done them both but wasn't in the mood. I told them I would pass and planned to head into some of the shops to do some shopping. As I was walking by Echo lake by myself (literally 2 min after my family left me) I was hit lightly in the head by something. A little shocked I looked up and saw a duck flying away...I thought "oh wow, a duck just skimmed my head" no sooner did I finish that thought and BONK, I was hit very hard in the head a second time, heard some quacking also. Completely stunned now...I look up and see a second duck flying away. I take a few steps...in total shock thinking "I've been hit in the head twice by low flying ducks" then I looked down at myself.....OH MY GOSH I WAS COVERED IN DUCK POOP! I guess the second duck must have been startled when it hit me and just let go!! My chest, arm, neck, head, ear.....I was covered...and it smelled awful. Then I realized lots of people were looking at me as I stood with my jaw hanging! I quickly rushed to the closest ladies room to clean up but I was such a mess it was impossible. I had to walk back to Beach Club Villas (didnt dare get on the boat due to how bad i smelled) and take a shower. It was imbedded in my hair, my ears. so the rest of the vacation I was paranoid of any low flying birds and frequently told people to beware of the ducks!

This particular story made me :rotfl: for some reason! Mental image I guess! :rotfl2:

Pretty sure this may be this guy's most embarrassing story :rotfl2:
disneylandproposal.jpg

photobombing proposal at Disney

I've been dumped on by the sea gulls that hang around Fronterland TWICE!!!. First time I was walking along by the Bears show and I felt a THUMP on my chest. I looked down and had a large bird poop on my chest. I went into a rest room and washed my shirt in a sink, but it still had a large greenish stain on my white shirt.

Second time I was a couple of years latter, sitting outside Pecos Bills waiting for the parade when THUMP!!! something hits my hat. It was another bird poop but this time it spattered all over the lady who was sitting next to me (I did not know her). It was all over the side of her face and hair. She was looking at me with a look like "How could you do that to me?" :confused3 Once again into a rest room to wash my hat.

2 trips ago I think in 2009 I had emergency kidney stone suregery 2 days before we left for WDW, went in early Sept and it was wicked hot, well when it came time to relieve myself it was very painful especially if I got the least bit dehydrated which was hard not too. I think it was the third or forth day there at night and I went to go pee, I was in the bathrooms that split Adventure land and Frontier land and I was leaning my forearm on the wall, I was in a fair amount of pain and really worn out and I am sure the look on my face was not great when a kid of about 10 or 12 went to the urinal next to me and his father took him by the arm and told him to find another one, that what ever I had he did not want. Even then it was funny but more so now. Got back to the doctor and he asked me how i did and I told him I had a new saying "Sticks and Stone may breack my bones but peeing darn near killed me"

2 trips ago I think in 2009 I had emergency kidney stone suregery 2 days before we left for WDW, went in early Sept and it was wicked hot, well when it came time to relieve myself it was very painful especially if I got the least bit dehydrated which was hard not too. I think it was the third or forth day there at night and I went to go pee, I was in the bathrooms that split Adventure land and Frontier land and I was leaning my forearm on the wall, I was in a fair amount of pain and really worn out and I am sure the look on my face was not great when a kid of about 10 or 12 went to the urinal next to me and his father took him by the arm and told him to find another one, that what ever I had he did not want. Even then it was funny but more so now. Got back to the doctor and he asked me how i did and I told him I had a new saying "Sticks and Stone may breack my bones but peeing darn near killed me"

Ouch!!

Goofy dad I feel your pain funny statement but true. Glad you have a good sense of humor about it.

I posted my most embarrassing moment earlier in this post so I decided to post DH's now. DD was 3 and we were staying at SSR with DS 18 at the time, DH and I. DD begged for one of the princess wands. DS kept telling us not to because he knew she would be after him. Being a smart-a** DH bought her one. We got to the SSR bus stop, sat down and DH told her to chase her brother. Well that was all she needed to be told and she began chasing him in circles swinging away. I am yelling for it to stop, DS is laughing cause DD can't catch him. DD is swinging harder and harder trying to hit him and DH is laughing at me and telling me to just let her be a child.

Well our bus pulled up and DH stands up to head to the bus just as DS ran by. DD right on his heels comes around the corner swinging and slammed the wand full force into his gentlemanly place and he goes to the ground. DS sees this and falls over laughing so hard he rolls in front of the now stopped bus. DD just stops dead. I start yelling because I think she hit his knee which had recently had surgery.

The other people at the bus stop are trying not to laugh but can't help it. Finally DH chokes out what happened to me as I am asking about his knee and I loose it completely. I laughed so hard I cried.

Needless to say DD has never gotten another princess wand no matter how much she has begged.

This one I feel awful about. It was the end of the night and we were first in line for a bus back to our resort from the MK. The line grew really long after us and I was exhausted and trying to keep the kids entertained long enough to keep them from rolling all over the ground or lying down because they were exhausted. Not a very good excuse but when the bus pulled up and the door opened we just went to get on. A few people yelled at me that I had to wait because the bus driver needed to load an EVC. I didn't even notice them back at the second entrance. It was an honest mistake but I felt like a jerk and knew I looked like one of those people that just pushes past others without any regard for them. Ugh. It still makes me cringe.
I did apologize as we went past the woman but I still felt bad.:worried:

A few years ago we were going into Disneyland with some friends who had brought some stuff to make lunch. They just had a small cooler with some drinks, bread and meat and stuff.

At the check point they were told they could not enter with it because the sandwiches were not already pre made. I asked why that was a problem and they said that they were worried that people would sell sandwiches in the park. Really - I we really laugh if some guy came up and showed me a cooler full of stuff and said they would make a lunch for me for a few bucks.....

Anyway we all went to a nearby bench and made sandwiches as everyone walked by and looked at us kind of funny.

Then we were all allowed past the check point.

I posted my most embarrassing moment earlier in this post so I decided to post DH's now. DD was 3 and we were staying at SSR with DS 18 at the time, DH and I. DD begged for one of the princess wands. DS kept telling us not to because he knew she would be after him. Being a smart-a** DH bought her one. We got to the SSR bus stop, sat down and DH told her to chase her brother. Well that was all she needed to be told and she began chasing him in circles swinging away. I am yelling for it to stop, DS is laughing cause DD can't catch him. DD is swinging harder and harder trying to hit him and DH is laughing at me and telling me to just let her be a child.

Well our bus pulled up and DH stands up to head to the bus just as DS ran by. DD right on his heels comes around the corner swinging and slammed the wand full force into his gentlemanly place and he goes to the ground. DS sees this and falls over laughing so hard he rolls in front of the now stopped bus. DD just stops dead. I start yelling because I think she hit his knee which had recently had surgery.

The other people at the bus stop are trying not to laugh but can't help it. Finally DH chokes out what happened to me as I am asking about his knee and I loose it completely. I laughed so hard I cried.

Needless to say DD has never gotten another princess wand no matter how much she has begged.

:wizard::lmao::lmao::rotfl: I can relate. That would be the least magical thing you can do with a princess wand.:lmao:

This one I feel awful about. It was the end of the night and we were first in line for a bus back to our resort from the MK. The line grew really long after us and I was exhausted and trying to keep the kids entertained long enough to keep them from rolling all over the ground or lying down because they were exhausted. Not a very good excuse but when the bus pulled up and the door opened we just went to get on. A few people yelled at me that I had to wait because the bus driver needed to load an EVC. I didn't even notice them back at the second entrance. It was an honest mistake but I felt like a jerk and knew I looked like one of those people that just pushes past others without any regard for them. Ugh. It still makes me cringe.
I did apologize as we went past the woman but I still felt bad.:worried:

:scared1:people have been mobbed for less:scared1: but it was a mistake :thumbsup2;):hug:

A few years ago we were going into Disneyland with some friends who had brought some stuff to make lunch. They just had a small cooler with some drinks, bread and meat and stuff.

At the check point they were told they could not enter with it because the sandwiches were not already pre made. I asked why that was a problem and they said that they were worried that people would sell sandwiches in the park. Really - I we really laugh if some guy came up and showed me a cooler full of stuff and said they would make a lunch for me for a few bucks.....

Anyway we all went to a nearby bench and made sandwiches as everyone walked by and looked at us kind of funny.

That is hilarious. :laughing: "Sorry Disney Officer, I swear we're going to only make and eat them ourselves!":thumbsup2

On a side note, WOW!!! Over 10,000 (!!!!) views in a couple of days. Keep up the great stories folks!

Omg! I'm laying in bed trying not to laugh out loud b/c my husband is sleeping! That magic wand story is hilarious!!!

On another note y'all have me scared to death of getting pooped on now!! Lol

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979

Just read through all these! So funny.

Here's mine

During our trips, at any CS location, I am the designated "table lurker," and hang around tables where the family looks as though they are about to finish (don't shoot!). One morning at DHS, we went to starting rolls, and I was once again, sent to find a table. A very nice family with a cute little girl tells me their finishing, and I slither into the seat of the little girl as soon as the dad lifts her off the seat. They leave and soon after my family comes to the table. We have a nice breakfast, and when I get up from my seat my sisters both gasp and point to my shorts. I keep asking "what? What is it?" And they are both going, oh my goodness, and pointing, but not telling me what is so horrifying. My sister finally then says, "I think you sat in something." Upon closer inspection, the back of my shorts are covered in brown stains. Then it dawns on me, the little girl who sat in the seat before me was eating a chocolate cupcake, and in my haste,I sat down in the spilled chocolate and my shorts look like I didn't make it to the bathroom. Brown, very evident spots all on my butt. So embarrassing. We cleaned it up as best as we could, but I had to walk the rest of the time at DHS constantly pulling at my shirt to cover my stained behind.

Just read through all these! So funny.

Here's mine

During our trips, at any CS location, I am the designated "table lurker," and hang around tables where the family looks as though they are about to finish (don't shoot!). One morning at DHS, we went to starting rolls, and I was once again, sent to find a table. A very nice family with a cute little girl tells me their finishing, and I slither into the seat of the little girl as soon as the dad lifts her off the seat. They leave and soon after my family comes to the table. We have a nice breakfast, and when I get up from my seat my sisters both gasp and point to my shorts. I keep asking "what? What is it?" And they are both going, oh my goodness, and pointing, but not telling me what is so horrifying. My sister finally then says, "I think you sat in something." Upon closer inspection, the back of my shorts are covered in brown stains. Then it dawns on me, the little girl who sat in the seat before me was eating a chocolate cupcake, and in my haste,I sat down in the spilled chocolate and my shorts look like I didn't make it to the bathroom. Brown, very evident spots all on my butt. So embarrassing. We cleaned it up as best as we could, but I had to walk the rest of the time at DHS constantly pulling at my shirt to cover my stained behind.

:hyper: Wow I'm glad that didn't go where it initially looked like. Still though, super embarrassing. Lesson learned, always look before the seat swipe :cool1:

My sister joined us on our trip years back and was excited to get a churro over by mexico in world showcase. She was enjoying it as we were walking around until out of no where a seagull swooped down and grabbed it out of her hand ? We were all laughing and couldn't believe that just happened ?

This happened to me years ago, but it was funnel cake. I got it at a kiosk in Epcot & when the guy handed it to me he said, "Watch out for the seagulls." I was like... :confused3 "Okaaaaay." I take about four steps away from the kiosk when a seagull swoops down from behind me, lands ON my funnel cake, tries to grab it, then flies off again. He didn't get the funnel cake, but his take-off and landing jostled the plate so much I ended up covered in powdered sugar, head to toe. More than a decade later, my husband still laughs about this.

This happened to me years ago, but it was funnel cake. I got it at a kiosk in Epcot & when the guy handed it to me he said, "Watch out for the seagulls." I was like... :confused3 "Okaaaaay." I take about four steps away from the kiosk when a seagull swoops down from behind me, lands ON my funnel cake, tries to grab it, then flies off again. He didn't get the funnel cake, but his take-off and landing jostled the plate so much I ended up covered in powdered sugar, head to toe. More than a decade later, my husband still laughs about this.

Portable, edible landing pad!:)

:lmao: That's funny! So you're these weirdo's making sandwiches at the entrance lol!

What's also funny to me, is I would think it would be more likely a person would be selling premade sandwiches to people than sandwich fixins :confused3 "Pssst......Hey, you want to make a sandwich out of this cooler for $3?" :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter