"My legs are bleeding from the inside" Oct. 2015 PTR-COMPLETED mini TR 02/03

samanthaw

Earning My Ears
Hey y'all!
Welcome to my first ever pre-trip report.
I am starting this at 79 days till Disney! I am so very excited! So now let me actually get to talking about the trip.
This trip is going to be a mother daughter adventure. And a trip full of firsts for both of us. Now you are wondering who is going? When are you going? And why are your legs bleeding?

So here we gooooooo

I am Samantha. The daughter. 23.
Disney lover since forever. From the parks to the movies to the man.
1965076_10153173183760990_7510497244762387347_n.jpg
That's me! On March 12! The best day ever. I've been to the world 3 times. Once with my family as a "pre teen", in June of 2014 and just for a day this past March.

And here is Tracy. My momma bear!
10406799_10153093422460990_630222357685211575_n.jpg

She also loves Disney, but she isn't as obsessed as me. She h's been to the world twice. Once as a teen and then again on our family trip. So its been many years since she's walked down main street!
Fun fact about momma bear she never let me watch dumbo, Bambi or the fox and the hound. Ive now seen the fox and the hound, but not the others.

Fun fact about me I am a weeper, not a crier. I seriously weep at everything.

Now the when.
October 6-9,2015!!
Ahhhhh!!! So excited!!!
We have only ever been during the summer, so seeing the world in the fall and maybe hopefully not so crowded is gonna be awesome.
This is us on our family trip.
I wish I could remember the year.

11012995_10153325095945990_8979575429716154408_n.jpg
I know you can't believe that's me. Yea me either. But my DM is pretty.
Fun fact time (also time to explain the title)

Our first park day on that trip my little brother loudly proclaimed his legs were bleeding from the inside. Poor guy. None of us were prepared for the amount of walking e would be doing. Now I know better and train everyone I go with before our trip. Mostly because I don't want anyone to be miserable and they need to keep up with me :rotfl2:

In this PTR I will go over our dining reservations our plan for the trip and tell you about the firsts and other exciting things like maybe possibly making costumes for a certain party.
I'll leave you with amore recent pic of us! So follow along if you like and chat with me. Im very excited to share my plans with people just as obsessed as I am. so glad I found these boards!

10995921_10153126971585990_716163782533616267_n.jpg

And I think I am suppose to leave this second post for links later on maybe? We will see how that works lol. Hopefully I can figure that out.

Where in the world will we stay?
The Jealous Lover
The 180 Nightmare
The Plan
You know what we want right?
Fast pass success
A whole new world

Costume Making

Last edited:
Following along! Sounds like such a fun momma/daughter trip! :thumbsup2 Also a fellow obsessive planner :rotfl:
Thank god for these boards or I would have driven my nearest and dearest mad! :disrocks:

Where in the world will we stay?

When my DM and I started talking about having a mother/daughter trip one of the first things we talked about was where in the world will we stay. It was also one of the things we were most excited about because we knew we were going to be in a moderate for the first time ever!
I've only ever stayed at POP. We love POP. So much love for POP.
But we wanted to move up in the world, we wanted to upgrade. And I being the crazy disney lover I am, who has big big dreams of one day hopefully staying at all the hotels (a girl can dream), was super duper excited about this opportunity!
At first we decided on Coronado Springs Resort.
This was all before we officially booked our trip. Then one day my DM and I had a marathon watching disney specials on I think TLC. When we saw the resort episode they showed Port Orleans Riverside. More specifically they showed the Mansion Buildings. My mother was in love instantly.

So Port Orleans Riverside it is!

orlando.jpg

Now that we had that figured out I'll tell you how we decided on the when.
My mother works a job thats busiest month is September. So much so you aren't allowed to take time off in September. This is always a very stressful time filled with many many long days and even some weekends.
She also knew she wanted to experience the food and wine festival and then I told her about MNSSHP. And so October it was.

mnsshp.jpg

We knew it was going to be a short trip. So we want it to be as fun-filled as possible. With f&w and MNSSHP its sure to be an exciting time!
DSC_4539.jpg

We are going for 4 days, 3 nights.
Oct. 6-9.
We live in SC so we drive down to disney.
It's about 7 hours.

Following along! Sounds like such a fun momma/daughter trip! :thumbsup2 Also a fellow obsessive planner :rotfl:
Thank god for these boards or I would have driven my nearest and dearest mad! :disrocks:

Yes I am so happy I found these boards!! And I do drive my love one's crazy with my disney love sometimes lol. Thanks for following along!

Love the title and the story behind it. Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks for coming on over! Yes that title is a running joke in the family! We will never forget it. It even made it into the scrapbook. lol

The Jealous Lover

As expected with a mother-daughter trip some people will get left behind and one of those people is my partner in magic, the love of my life, my happy thought and so on and so forth my Rylie.
11025814_10153162630260990_2687886371738433384_n.jpg
That's my love. And she caught the Disney bug in june 2014.
She was 100 percent against planning. She wanted to go with the flow. So I made plans anyways and told her if she didn't like it after the first day we could try just going with the flow. I was terrified. She had never been to any kind of theme park so she didn't know about crowds or wait times. Luckily for me she loved the planned out way. Now she even says she will never do Disney off property or without the dining plan. I obviously created a monster and I am okay with that.

Anyways she is getting left behind with the puppies and very jelly of us. So I'm taking her in January to stay at her dream resort the Wilderness Lodge!
That's a whole different trip tho.

And also my DM Bf is also jealous, but DM and I are just to excited.

I just wanted to add a Little post about my poor Rylie.
11046859_872777022764541_5386450774950178287_n.jpg
Disney is our happy place.

The 180 Nightmare

I knew what I wanted and I knew what time to be up. What I didn't know was it doesn't matter how hopeful and prepared you are, but you are not getting that ohana dinner reservation.
My first trip planning we didn't start till after our 180 day mark. So I didn't have to bother with waking up way to early to be disappointed. In fact we still got pretty much everything we wanted. Even Ohana. Which I now know was by some miracle.
So I got up. I had my cell phone and tablet in case one or the other was not working I wanted backup. I was hopeful. I had DMs picks and I knew the plan. I was ready for battle. The time came and ... no ohana. Okay moving on. Akerhaus breakfast was next only available tie was a late breakfast, but I would take it except it wouldn't let me. So moved on to my phone and now it was showing an earlier time even better. But nope still said it was unavailable even when I kept checking it still showed it. I was defeated. I got boatwrights which I knew would be no issue and went back to bed.
When I woke up later and got coffee and breakfast I decided to try again and lucky for me I got Akerhaus at the time I wanted. Still no ohana, but I knew i could keep checking. So I regrouped with DM and we decided on Kona Cafe.

I decided I was never going to participate in the 180 nightmare again. I'll get what I can and keep checking. I know most people cancel closer to trip time anyways.

Now heres what the reservations originally looked like.
Day 1-505 Boatwright
Day 2-230 Kona
Day 3-815 Akerhaus

After learning you can get into MK early with the MNSSHP ticket I changed two of these around.
So now here is what our reservations look like
Day 1 - 215pm - Kona Cafe
Day 2 - 505pm - boatwrights
Day 3 - 815am - Akerhaus

Most exciting of all is Akerhaus. I have never gotten to meet any Princess and getting to do this with my mom is extra special. Our first trip was all about rides and the characters we met had no lines or just walked out. On my second trip I took my Rylie and our nephew so we met all the characters he wanted to meet. Mickey even cured his headache. :woohoo:
So I am super excited.

Anyways I would love to hear your thoughts on any of these restaurants and any pictures also.

The Plan

October 6

5 am - head to Disney!
12-1 - arrive at POR
215 - Kona Cafe
After dinner back to POR to get ready for

MNSSHP!!!

October 7

Magic Kingdom Day
Still hoping for a 8am BOG breakfast reservation
Between 1-2 back to POR
Rest & Relax
505 - Boatwrights
Then back to Magic Kingdom

October 8

Epcot Day
815 am - Akershus
Ride the rides.
Eat all the food.
Drink all the wine.
Maybe take a mid day break depending on how we feel.

October 9

Worst day ever
Downtown Disney
Earl of sandwich
Head home

That's the current plan. We are talking about getting a cheap hotel for the 5th so we could shop a little in Orlando and then getting to explore POR more on the 6th. But we haven't booked anything yet just an idea.
Also I am looking for something to replace Boatwrights. A late lunch or dinner.
We are 73 days away now!
I can't wait to make fastpass selections!!

See ya real soon!!

Life Update

Its been a surprisingly busy week for us. My week started with a day at the zoo. Then I helped my gfs aunt clean houses and a random day trip to the beach. That was a lot of fun. We went to folly beach and my gf had never been. She now wants to move there next summer.

11813481_10153532847540990_6825590422034163269_n.jpg
That's us at the zoo with our youngest nephew. We also tie dyed shirts this day.
11745403_941800079195568_2850361384514641094_n.jpg
Rylie was very proud of her tye dye.
And now a beach pic.
20227_10153540395120990_6657319578169345205_n.jpg
And after all that fun we spent the weekend helping my grandparents move. That was not fun at all. I hate moving. Hopefully next year will be the last time we move them. But even thru the busy week I still had Disney on my mind. 65 days away. Tomorrow I will do a new post about the trip. But just wanted to update! I am going to stick with this!

Ps I think we convinced gfs mom to come on a trip next summer!! This would be a miracle bc she is a Disney scrooge.
See y'all tomorrow!​

You know what we want right?

No. No I don't.
I had not planed on planning my fastpasses.
Maybe that's crazy. Yes I am going to make them at my 60 day mark.
but my plan was just to get what I could. see whats available.
When I told my mom the day was coming she said
you know what we want right?
umm actually no.
as you know adrs didn't go so smoothly.
so I am going to stay positive and give a list of what I would like to get.

Also it just hit me that I have questions.
Ive seen some people say you can make fastpasss at midnight and some say not until magic kingdom close?
And I don't think you can make fast passes for mnsshp, but Ive read you can get into magic kingdom before the party starts, so can you make fast passes for that time? Like before the party starts when you can get into magic kingdom?
I don't know if that made any sense lol but maybe someone got it. And what time can you get into magic kingdom?

Anyways now onto what I would Ike to get...

Tuesday October 6 - Day 1
MNSSHP day
If I am able to make fast passes for before the party ill try to get
7dmt
btmr
Space mountain
Any one of these just favorites I know usually have long waits.

Wednesday October 7 - Day 2
Magic Kingdom
7dmt
Btmr
Space
Buzz
POTC
Jungle Cruise
Haunted Mansion
Peter Pan
I know you only get 3 lol
The point of this day is to ride what we didn't ride the night before and to ride our favorites as many times as possible. My mom loves haunted mansion so I am sure we will ride that alot. And I am hoping to get good at buzz this trip.

Thursday October 8 - Day 3
Epcot
Soarin
( I don't know how the teir system works or if that's even still a thing)
Spaceship earth maybe?
I don't really think there is anything else
We are basically here for the food.

Alright so that's it. Probably made no sense, but we will see what I get in a few days. And that will be my next post.
64 days away now!!

See ya real soon.

Following along. Love your plans so far and I loved POR when we stayed there last year. I'm like your mom and loved the mansion buildings. For your ADRs, keep checking for the BOG and you can book one person at a time seems to be easier to get times. A BOG lunch would be good! As for your FP+, you can schedule FP+ on your party night as long as your tickets are linked to your account. Unfortunately tiering is still a part of Epcot (& HS), so you have Soarin' as your tier 1 ride and the other two are tier 2 - your good! :thumbsup2 Good luck on you getting all the Fast Passes you want!

Following along. Love your plans so far and I loved POR when we stayed there last year. I'm like your mom and loved the mansion buildings. For your ADRs, keep checking for the BOG and you can book one person at a time seems to be easier to get times. A BOG lunch would be good! As for your FP+, you can schedule FP+ on your party night as long as your tickets are linked to your account. Unfortunately tiering is still a part of Epcot (& HS), so you have Soarin' as your tier 1 ride and the other two are tier 2 - your good! :thumbsup2 Good luck on you getting all the Fast Passes you want!

Got fast passes we want and got a Bog breakfast. So excited!

Fast pass success

The night finally came for me to stay up till midnight and it was tough. Once 1130 came tho I was wide eyed and ready. I logged into the Disney site and just browsed it till the clock struck midnight and off I went into fast pass land. Since its such a short trip I decided to start with the most important day first the magic kingdom! Then not so quickly bc I was tired and moving slow I went onto main Epcots. I decided not to make any for our party day bc I've heard so many peoples getting cancelled. So we will just ride whatever doesn't have a long wait before the party starts. And now I give you my fast passes.

10/07
Magic kingdom
1025-space
1145-big thunder
545-sdmt

10/08
Epcot
935-soarin
1055-spaceship earth
1155-the seas

Don't know if we will use the fast pass for the seas with nemo, but we have it just in case. I couldn't get an earlier time for sdmt, but I'm happy to have it anyways. I also was lucky enough to see on the dis when bog finally released breakfast reservations and I got an 815am! So excited to be n both Epcot and magic kingdom before they open!
Overall I am super happy with the fast passes we got. I can not wait to be back in the world.
58 days to go!! August has been flying by for me.

Thanks for following along y'all!

Got fast passes we want and got a Bog breakfast. So excited!
Congratulations! So excited that you got the fast passes that you wanted and an awesome BOG breakfast. My DD is very excited about ours!
58 days to go!! August has been flying by for me.
I completely agree with you on this! August is flying by and as much as I am excited - I don't want it to be over. :sad2:

By the way, it looks like we will be at the party on the same night.

Congratulations! So excited that you got the fast passes that you wanted and an awesome BOG breakfast. My DD is very excited about ours!

I completely agree with you on this! August is flying by and as much as I am excited - I don't want it to be over. :sad2:

By the way, it looks like we will be at the party on the same night.
My birthday is August 24th, we have a wedding the weekend before and my Rylie goes back to work this week after her Summer off. So I don't really want it to be over either but it does mean being closer to Disney! Maybe we will bump into each other at the party! I am still undecided about my costume. Lol

My birthday is August 24th, we have a wedding the weekend before and my Rylie goes back to work this week after her Summer off. So I don't really want it to be over either but it does mean being closer to Disney! Maybe we will bump into each other at the party! I am still undecided about my costume. Lol
Well almost Happy Birthday! My daughter's bday was yesterday. It does seem like the summer flew by and our schools start back next Monday. Is Rylie a teacher?
We still haven't decided what to wear either! I think we will keep it simple since we just decided to go and I won't have the time to get all creative!

A Whole New World

This trip is going to be a completely different trip than ever before.
So I wanted to tell y'all all the firsts for us this trip.
So in no particular order...

*meeting princesses
No one we have ever gone with has been to down with the princesses

*breakfast & being in the park before it opens
I can get my group up early enough for rope drop, but they aren't big on breakfast. I on the other hand love breakfast and can eat right when I wake up luckily momma bear is the same way.

*POR/first moderate
We've only ever stayed at POP so we are so excited to stay somewhere new and its an upgrade.

*MNSSHP/first Disney party
Momma bear and I love Halloween!!!

*Food and Wine
All the food!!!

*momma daughter trip
Not a first, but it is the first time In forever when I was little we took a lot of weekend trips just the two of us, but its been a long long time since the last one.

*mommas first dining plan experience.

*moms first BOG meal

*moms first dole whip

*basically sharing all my favorites with my mom and letting her relax while I am hertour guide to FUN

So not the most exciting update, but just a fun tidbit of info. My mom and I started our walking on Monday and she started taking the stairs again at work. We are getting so excited the closer it gets. Just 48 days which is nothing when you've been waiting forever!! My birthday is also fast approaching. My mom is taking me to my favorite taco restaurant. I am so excited. Alot to be excited about right now obviously.
Thanks for reading. Hope y'all are having a magical week.

Well almost Happy Birthday! My daughter's bday was yesterday. It does seem like the summer flew by and our schools start back next Monday. Is Rylie a teacher?
We still haven't decided what to wear either! I think we will keep it simple since we just decided to go and I won't have the time to get all creative!

Thank you!! My nephew started school today. 3rd grade I can't believe it. She isn't a teacher. She is a chef for a fraternity. So she gets all the same time off which we love.

Hi Samantha! I'm following along. :) You and Rylie are adorbs! And you share your birthday with my younger sister, so Happy (early) Birthday! What a grand time you and Momma Bear will have in the World. :dogdance:

Eat all the food.
Drink all the wine.

Best plan ever!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter