• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My last ditch attempt at finding dd's lost lovey

I still have my Leonadda that I received for my 4th birthday. He went to the hospital with me twice as a child. Once when I had surgery they let me take him to the operating room with me (but years later my Mom told me he really didn't go, I just thought he did). I haven't slept with him in years and his stuffing is kinda hard now. But I would never, ever get rid of him!

My oldest DS (20) still has his two Puffies. Or the Puffie Brothers as we call them. They are in pretty sad shape but I think he sometimes still sleeps with them.....(don't tell him I told!!)

I'm so sorry about Bet. I know we lost the Puffie Brothers several times but were lucky and always somehow got them back.

I wish she had taken to something I could buy multiples of. Sometimes you just have no control over it! "Bet" was not even her blanket, it was actually given to her sister by a former coworker of dh. I tried all sorts of stuffed toys and everything as she was a very difficult baby to soothe (colicky). Then one day out of nowhere she grabbed Bet and the rest was history.

I am pretty sure my 15 yr old niece who is just too cool, lol.. still sleeps with her baby blanket on her bed. She would be mortified if I asked her about it though :)

I just want to say that I am 29, married and I STILL sleep with my blankie every night! He, yes blankie is a he, started out as my crib comforter when I was born. I've always had him with me. He went to college, he goes on trips, I will never get rid of him. To the OP, I'm so sorry your DD lost her "Bet"!!!

I feel your pain. We lost "pink blankie" in an airport Hilton Garden Inn the night before we flew to Florida when my DD was about 4 or 5. We left VERY early in the morning to make our flight and she must have been left in the bed. Of course, the hotel did not find her. My DD was so distraught that I bought her a replacement blankie once we made it to Tampa and "purple blankie" because her travel blankie.

I hope you find your "Bet" :grouphug:.

OMGoodness, this makes me so sad. I can not imagine losing "Softie". My DD8 has him (and like someone else said yes Softie is a "HE", I have no idea why though he just always has been. He's a small receiving blanket size fleece blanket. She was born in Jan and it was cold and she came home wrapped in it from the hospital and it NEVER left her side since then). She takes him everywhere. Always has, I remember once when she was two pushing her around at an outdoor mall in July and she was covered up with him from head to to toe. He face was red and she was sweating. I kept trying to take him from her and she would scream like I was killing her. I kept trying to decide what was worse her screaming or heat stroke. She is 8 now and even if she spends the night somewhere she takes him. She will not go to sleep with out him at all. Sadly I got it for a shower gift and I have no idea who gave it to me or where I could even get another one. I so feel your pain. When she was 3 we carried him all over the parks, but now we tell her that he is a night time friend. I am so sorry that your "Bet" is lost.

kelli

I wish she had taken to something I could buy multiples of. Sometimes you just have no control over it! "Bet" was not even her blanket, it was actually given to her sister by a former coworker of dh. I tried all sorts of stuffed toys and everything as she was a very difficult baby to soothe (colicky). Then one day out of nowhere she grabbed Bet and the rest was history.

yep, you can't chose these things. Mine (Tickley) was a cushion. He was part of a set of 4 cushions my granny made for my parents when they were married, so it wasn't like he was new or anything when I got him. I just picked him up one day when I was crawling and used him to tickle my top lip as I sucked my thumb. Haven't sucked my thumb for many, many, many years but I still have him. I'm nearly 34 and he sleeps squished in the corner of the bed (he's kinda lost all his stuffing now). Don't take him on trips anymore but I know I'd be sad if he went missing. I still remember the trauma when he was left in a restaurant overnight (I was 5) and when my gran tried to sew him up so he wouldn't loose his stuffing and I cried cause he couldn't breath (I was 6):rotfl: I had 3 identical cushions and I didn't want any of them...they weren't the same.

SOOOOOOOOOOO Sorry to hear about Bet. I hope you find her. If not maybe your dd would take some comfort in the idea that the fairies found Bet and knowing she was special gave her to sad child who needed her more than your brave, grown up dd did. Perhaps she could have a Bet 2...one for bigger girls?

Keeping fingers crossed for you :hug:

I am so sorry that this has happened! I so, so hope you find "Bet".

I still have my Edward Bear and my "blankie" (I'm 23!). They're in my cupboard. There was an upset once when we flew over to England (I live in Canada) to visit my grandparents. Had a great visit for a few weeks, then flew home. We had come back home and realized while unpacking that blankie was still in England. Luckily my grandfather had found it and mailed it over. Edward Bear stopped traveling with me when I was about 10, as I didn't want to lose him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter