My friend, proposals, and WDW...a vent!

Alice's Mommy

Mouseketeer
So I have a friend who has been to WDW a kajillion times...she literally goes to one of the parks once a month and stays for a week at least once a year. Anyway...she's one of those friends that thinks she knows everything about everything, she can do no wrong and her opinion is the only one that matters. And if she gives you advice and you don't take it she tells you over and over how your way sucks in comparison. :rolleyes:

Well tonight she calls me and tells me that one of her friends is planning on proposing to his girlfriend when they go to WDW. He said that he wants to propose in front of the castle as it's one of his girlfriend's favorite places. My friend told him that "it's been done to pieces, everyone does it there" Maybe...but not everyone proposes to her in front of one her favorite places, you know? AND...she told him that he couldn't propose unless she (my friend) and her husband were there to watch. WHAT???:confused:

I'm sorry...it irritated me. I know that she goes to WDW so often that it's become a little stale with her but to try to rub that off on someone else? Grrrrr!

Way to rain on someone's parade. I think it's sweet, and a very memorable thing for the bride-to-be.

Poor guy! I have a Dcousin the same way. She always knows best and anything that she has is always "nicer" than ours. She often calls for advice then tells me mine is wrong. So now whenever she ask anything I simply reply, "You don't want my opinion, we don't raise our kids, build our house, etc... the same way." I don't say it with an ugly tone, I just state it as a fact. She doesn't call as much, but I am fine with that.
If you know the friend who wants to propose, give him a call and say it is a great idea. Good luck and hang in there. :flower3:

If this person who wants to propose is a mutual friend, I would call him and discuss his options with him. Let him know that DF gave you this information and you just wanted to give your opinion. Let him know that this is a great idea because it was his. It doesn't matter how many times it has been done. It has never been done to him or his soon to be fiancee. It is a memory neither will forget. As far as DF being there, that is totally not necessary unless she is super close to them and soon-to-be fiancee would LOVE it. If not, his decision. Good luck finding a way to handle this friend though.

Just an fyi, I told my BFF's DH that he couldn't propose without me being there, he looked puzzled for a minute then realized I was kidding. Perhaps this friend was joking around with your mutual friend about being there for the proposal. FTR, I was NOT around when BFF's DH proposed but I knew about it before she did, he proposed to her by Snow White's Wishing Well in DLR. :) They were married in October 2009, I was the Maid of Honor. :) Anyway, that's all, I just wanted to say that maybe your friend was joking with the person who wants to propose.

We saw a proposal in front of the castle the last time we were at MK. The guy was so nervous, he still had his coffee in his hand while trying to open the ring box. It was very sweet. He got down on one knee in front of the castle and the girl started crying. They had a small group of friends with them video taping th whole thing and one of the friends signal a CM Photography who started taking pictures.

So---if private isn't important-- a group of friends could help document the moment and share in the celebration afterwards.

Well I have a few friends like that but sometimes...SOMETIMES...their info comes in handy.
Perhaps she should be a bit more tactful in her approach to him but maybe she is jealous that she wasnt proposed to that way and its the reason she was so bold to him. IMO a real friend would be excited to know that her friend was getting engaged..she wouldnt be bashing the poor guys heart to bits.
On the other end of it...stay out of it. Sounds like drama is brewing..LOL

My DH proposed to me in front of the castle. :lovestruc I loved it! I didn't care that "it's been done" It made it all the more special because DH is not a public person and there were strangers around everywhere. I would make one suggestion --- let the CM that is taking pictures near there in on it and he will take pictures while it is happening.

On the friend that said these rude things - every trip holds its own wonder & magic. If she has gone so many times that she no longer feels this is true, then she can stay home - I will gladly take her place in line for Toy Story Mania.;)

OMG that is just rude....... I wish that was me!!!LOL

No matter where or when you are asked to spend the rest of your life with someone, it is special, but with a castle in the back ground that would be the icing on the cake IMO!

I would tell her that she is rude and an idiot.

I share an office with one of these idiots. There are no cubicles or dedicated phone lines. So, I get to hear her eat and drink all day, make personal phone calls, apply her make-up, cut her toenails, etc. She left a partially eaten open can of tuna in the trash over the weekend after cleaning crew left - a great smell. She hijacks phone calls, interrupts conversations, one-ups every story, and tells you how her idea would be so much better.

I tell her she's rude, an idiot, gross, etc. and she laughed and, said, you are so funny. That's funny, but you could have said it this way . . .

There is no hope for these people. Just ignore them, fix a mess if it involves you, and simply let others see them for all their worthlessness. Wow, I feel better now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter