My "free Dining" comparison.

SleepyatDVC said:
If it would hypothetically choose one of your options based purely on a financial perspective (if I had to do it the cheapest way possible or not be able to go at all), without having to go to the trouble of renting out points, I would choose #2 but decrease the number of paid nights to 5 and make the meals stretch over the length of the trip. But this is assuming that I had transportation to and from to check in/out as someome else pointed out.
Obviously the less expensive would be to rent out points and actually STAY at the cheapest WDW resort.

Something that I have been thinking about but haven't done the "math" on it yet, would be to spend a few days, maybe 3 at WL (in your case) preferably over the more expensive weekend with the "free" DP and then switching over to the VWL (probably a 1bedroom) w/o the DP.

Thanks I had never given that any thought, but it may help. I mean we fly from the west coast so that means late arrival and early departure. Since we miss most of the first and last days, 6 nights of the Dining plan could still mean very FULL TUMMYS.

I had thought about staying the checking into that value on Friday and starting a DVC stay on Sunday night, it would save expensive weekend points but family is not interested in swapping. They could care less if I have to drive over to Pop and check in/out.

SleepyatDVC said:
It can be "fun" thinking of all the options when planning a Disney trip. Happy planning and good luck what whatever you decide!

FINALLY somebody understands. It is FUN, I dont get why some feel insulted when persons decide to do some math instead of just blindly stating "this is better deal than that."

Johnnyfairplay said:
Very interesting scenarios and ideas Anewman. If you don't check into the value resort is that going to create a problem? Will they void the free dining because of that? A guest that doesn't show shouldn'tneed the free dining in there eyes. I know the airlines have cracked down on stuff like this. Booking round trip or multiple leg flights to get a cheaper flight and then not taking one of the legs. Anyone know because this isn't a bad idea for a large family that will be going in the summer. :confused3

johnny
You NEED to check in, Checking out is questionable. You get your room key at check in, The dining plan credits and Park tickets are attached to the room keys.

I got the idea from a fellow DVCer(not a DISer) that booked a VALUE during last years free dining when DVC did not even allow purchasing the Dining Plan. He did check in and instructed front desk to cancel mousekeeping, he undid beds and put Do not disturb sign on the door. He did go do an express check out but claims he did not need to. For his 5 night stay he had no issues. He actually paid more for the value than it would have cost if DVC sold us the plan, it was only he and his wife.

Anewman said:
You NEED to check in, Checking out is questionable. You get your room key at check in, The dining plan credits and Park tickets are attached to the room keys.

I got the idea from a fellow DVCer(not a DISer) that booked a VALUE during last years free dining when DVC did not even allow purchasing the Dining Plan. He did check in and instructed front desk to cancel mousekeeping, he undid beds and put Do not disturb sign on the door. He did go do an express check out but claims he did not need to. For his 5 night stay he had no issues. He actually paid more for the value than it would have cost if DVC sold us the plan, it was only he and his wife.

Thanks, that is what I was thinking, that you needed to check in. This is a good idea and one I'll run numbers from it in the future. You always need to run a variety of options to see which works the best. Your math :teacher: seems right on to me and the ideas are very good ones. I hope you have a great trip. :thumbsup2

johnny

Anewman said:
FINALLY somebody understands. It is FUN, I dont get why some feel insulted when persons decide to do some math instead of just blindly stating "this is better deal than that."

Hey, wait a minute, I understand! LOL. I am a compulsive planner. I even plan trips I am not intending to take, trips for other people, etc. I love options. :thumbsup2 Hope I didn't come across as dismissing, I really do "get" you. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter