my flight times have changed

airhead

DIS Veteran
I have 60 days to go,I just checked to see if the plane is full yet,and I found out the flight is pushed back 30 minutes. Is this common practice for American Airlines? I guess I better keep checkin'!!

I'll trade you your 30 minutes for the 4.5 hour layover that Frontier put on us, and they still have not notified us. I just happned to find it accidently.

This is our first and probably last booking on Frontier.

smiles Patty

princess: princess: princess:

I also just found out today that Jet Blue changed our flights. They never contacted us- I was looking on their web site for something. The return flight is only a 5 minute difference but on the way down it changed from 7:40pm to 6:30pm. Now we can't make that flight because we get out of work at 5:15pm -7:40pm was pushing it. I am on the phone cancelling our night at the Poly for 10/13. I guess we will switch flights to 10/14. I don't think we want to get up at 3:30am to make the 6:30am flight so 10:40am it is. Stinks because we don't get in till 1:40pm now and miss 1/2 the day. Oh well, at least we save $$ on the one hotel night. I would just cancel and switch to another airline altogether but we had a $50pp credit on jet Blue since our last return flight was over 3 hours late. :rolleyes:

This is a normal, but unnice, practice by all but one major.
The onus for finding out about changes, unfortunately falls on the holder of the ticket, not the airline. Sometimes they call, sometimes they don't. But, the bottom line is you have to keep checking. Personally, I think it stinks.

I agree it really does stink::yes:: Continental changed both our flights but they were at least nice enough to notify us by e-mail.Our departure from Newark was only moved up by 30 min. so we kept that leg but our return flight was rescheduled to land 2 hours later :eek: I was able to call them and get transferred to another flight closer to our original times so I guess we were luckier than some.

Trish

This is a very common thing that happens. Airlines change their schedules constantly based upon a variety of things like maintenance, airport construction, etc... (I work for AA, and my job is affected on a daily basis by these changes.) When you book a reservation that much in advance, there are bound to be changes that come up between now and then. Most of the time, the schedule is pretty much set at the 45 day mark... but like I said, things happen.

I know that they will make an effort to contact you in some way (phone, e-mail) to notify you of changes in the schedule. The problem is that you may come across a change before they've had the chance to call you to tell you about it.

Gee, Gail, could we be thinking about the same airline that NEVER changes it's schedule once it is posted?:D

pin

Originally posted by Pinnie
Gee, Gail, could we be thinking about the same airline that NEVER changes it's schedule once it is posted?:D

pin

I think we just might be. :) GMTA!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter