my first deluxe stay...

LovinPooh

DIS Veteran
I have fallen in love with akl. So beautiful and relaxed. Now am i dreaming or are there some extra differences from thw mods n values? Like the towels...they seem big n fluffy. The toilet paper is soft. The tea n hot choc in the mara... and direct tv...
I dont remember these things at my other mod value stays.
Hey...its the littlw things lol!!
I recommend this resort to anyone. :)

AKL has become my favorite resort. I love everything about it. I just booked my flights for this summer. We really thought this would be the year we go back to a mod, but decided that we'd miss AKL too much. I can't wait!

Glad you're loving your stay at AKL, probably our favourite deluxe. I think the mattresses and pillows are more comfortable as well, but it could have just been my imagination or the fact that we were so exhausted every night when we collapsed into bed.:rotfl:

I have fallen in love with akl. So beautiful and relaxed. Now am i dreaming or are there some extra differences from thw mods n values? Like the towels...they seem big n fluffy. The toilet paper is soft. The tea n hot choc in the mara... and direct tv...
I dont remember these things at my other mod value stays.
Hey...its the littlw things lol!!
I recommend this resort to anyone. :)

Direct TV is available now at all resorts. The towels and bedding are different, in each category as are toiletries.

Hee hee hee - I always think of Disney towels being postage stamp size and i need 2 of them to get dry. I've stayed at AKL and had thought - yep standard disney postage stamp towels. :rotfl2:

Hmm...we thought the towels were bigger. We thought the towels at the pool area were larger as well. Whatever the case, we fell in love with AKL when we stayed there for the first time this past summer. :cloud9:

I am just so dialed in to the Epcot resorts, that I can't seem to give them up. AKL is on my bucket list though. Any time I think maybe this trip, I end up booking at Epcot.

I felt the same way after my stay at AKL. ITs hard to stay anywhere else once you stay there in my opinion. People conplain the the resort is not close to anything and the bus rides are long. A 20 min ride on a bus doesn't bother be in the least... and I love coming home at the end of the night ans being away from all the hustle and bustle. Can't wait for June to get here! AKL here we come!

Isn't it so awesome when you fall in love with a Disney resort? I'm so glad you're had a wonderful experience. We feel like that about GF. We debated trying another resort, but my DH put his foot down and said that's where he wanted to stay again.

Sometimes, you find your home away from home. And who knew Disney had DirecTv now!!! :goodvibes That's awesome!!!

I felt like that about the Poly. Then we stayed at AKL and I fell in love even more. 20 more days until we check in. Can't wait! My kids love AKL.

I have stayed at Pop, French quarter, poly, AKL, cabins and riverside.

I really liked them all except riverside, hated it and would choose pop any day over that. But I think we are gonna stick with AKL from now on. It just feels magical to us!

So glad you are having a nice trip. We fell in love with AKL when we went to dinner there one night. Now I can't imagine a WDW without at least a few days at AKL...:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!