My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

That was Figment's first trip to House of Blues. He'll add the lobster mac and cheese to his list of things for his next trip! :goodvibes

I highly recommend it :) I went on a midwest tour to see a band perform 7 times over a week, and 3 of those shows were at different HoB. I had it every time haha. It was addicting and yummy

This isn't an official Disney blog, but it's a Disneyland food-related blog. I don't know about the rest of you, but I love reading Disneyland food-related blogs!

I'm not really feeling the new look of the Disney Food Blog site, but here is a piece entitled "Our Favorite Savory Snacks in Disneyland."

Have you tried everything they show in the blog?

:banana::banana::banana:

Continuing with...Figment’s Spring Visit to Disneyland Resort

Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen (brunch)

It’s traditional for Figment to have his last meal of the trip at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen. On Sunday mornings, they have a brunch menu featuring some brunch items.

Bourbon Street Sampler – Popcorn Calamari, Coconut Shrimp, Boudin Balls, Goat Cheese & Sundried Tomato Fried Ravioli. This is Figment’s favorite starter at Brennan’s and he gets it almost all of the time. Figment’s favorites are the calamari and the Boudin Balls. The only one he didn’t really like were the fried faviolis.
DSC_0511_zpss3p8wla1.jpg

Creole Caesar Salad - Romaine hearts, Roma tomatoes, parmesan cheese, Creole caesar dressing, rosemary ciabatta toast, and sautéed crawfish. Figment usually as a salad before heading home and he likes this one because it has a lot of different items and a tasty dressing.
DSC_0512_zpsa5tlv1na.jpg

Chicken & Waffles - Wilted baby arugula, andouille sausage, mushrooms, maple-butter sauce. Figment has discovered that he likes chicken and waffles, but only if the syrup is on the side (he doesn’t really like soggy waffles). He really likes the toppings on the waffle (arugula, sausage, mushroom mixture).
DSC_0527_zps9frycezh.jpg

BBQ Shrimp & Grits – New Orleans style BBQ sauce and andouille grits. This is Figment’s favorite dish at Brennan’s. The grits are creamy, with bits of andouille sausage (but not too spicy). The shrimp are tender and the BBQ sauce is a little spicy, but very good.
DSC_0529_zpsocgvvfc9.jpg

Olaf’s Snow Fest
Olaf’s Snow Fest had a small area that sold treats and drinks.

Snowberry Twist – Figment has had the other twists at Maurice’s at Princess Fantasy Faire, so he thought he’d give this one a try. He really liked it. (He did ask and it turns out a snowberry is surprisingly similar to blueberries .)
DSC_0115_zpscujn1aoh.jpg

Olaf Caramel Corn – This was surprisingly good caramel corn. It was slightly crunchy, but not hard and had a good balance between the sweetness and saltiness. Figment really liked this caramel corn (more than the one that is sold from the stand on Buena Vista Street).
DSC_0091_zpsf3r2xjyr.jpg

Figment didn't try these things, but they were cute so he took a photo to share...
Olaf Cotton Candy
DSC_0092_zpsqka5gtnx.jpg

Olaf Rice Crispie Treats
DSC_0090_zpsycfemgjj.jpg

Olaf Cupcake - this was a pre-packaged cupcake and very different looking from the one at Jolly Holiday.
DSC_0296_zpsjfjwzahh.jpg

You are making me hungry and miss Disney so much! Love Figments updates!
I know what you mean...I'm hungry just thinking back to these foods. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing sophies*mom! I'm going to have to try the churro bites with chocolate dipping sauce on my next trip! :thumbsup2

Yes!! You won't regret it, they were so yummy!

I agree that the dipping gravy at Flo's for the turkey sandwich is a little too salty. The menu says "au jus", but that is a dang gravy lol. Doesn't look like an au jus I've ever had before. The bread was kind of dry, but I think it's because my lips were chapped when I ate it so it made it seem worse. I also LOVED the pasta salad and wanted more of it. I would eat the meal again though.

Right! That was straight up gravy. The pasta salad was so good, I would've eaten a plateful of that instead!

Some Breakfast selection at Storytellers Cafe:

Momma's plate #1

Momma's plate #2

My plate #1

and my plate #2

If you want to see the full report check out my trip report linked in the sig! ;)

Cheese and Pepperoni pizza slices from Pizza Port

and the Chicken Fusilli

We weren't fans of the pizza but the pasta I would have eaten it all week it was super yummy

Trader Sams:
Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich:

and Schweitzer Falls drink. It said it was supposed to have “tropical juices” but it just tasted of pineapple:

Surf's up breakfast.... these are a tad blurry but still
Momma's plate #1
IMG_3018_zpscb0204bd.jpg

Momma's plate #2
IMG_3019_zpsee6ecfcb.jpg

My plate #1

IMG_3021_zps48ca1b76.jpg

And #2
IMG_3022_zpsf169de11.jpg

Earl Of Sandwich:
Peppermint brownie:
DSCF4013_zpsiauksbrd.jpg

Hawaiin BBQ sandwich:
IMG_3289_zps0hugxf90.jpg

red velvet cupcake:

IMG_3286_zpsx9220udo.jpg

fruit cup:

IMG_3288_zps0d92morf.jpg

Sick of food pictures yet? ;)
Jazz Kitchen Express
creamy garlic potatoes:
IMG_3319_zpsph6b6pxh.jpg

popcorn chicken with chips:

IMG_3320_zpsjxrk6etw.jpg

corn dog nuggets with chips:
IMG_3321_zpsubmhgqqv.jpg

The corn dogs and popcorn chicken were from the kids menu.

Finishing up with...Figment’s Spring Visit to Disneyland Resort

Clarabelle’s (snack)

Figment stopped by Clarabelle’s for a snack. It was in the mid-90’s, so perfect ice cream sundae weather!

The Oswald - Figment really likes this sundae because it comes with chocolate covered frozen bananas (he picked dark, but you can also get milk chocolate).
DSC_0201_zpspshqzclu.jpg

Strawberry Sundae – Strawberry sauce and ice cream!
DSC_0202_zpsajljwac8.jpg

Olaf’s Perfect Sundae Day – Birthday cake ice cream topped with lots of whipped cream, chocolate pearls, blue minty marshmallows, brownie pieces, and white chocolate décor. This was a very big sundae, but very good.
c206b05a-4eab-4b05-b999-5f31fe446b6b_zpsrlq1v8xx.jpg

DSC_0316_zpsnynppr69.jpg

Freeze the Night
Freeze the Night had far fewer drink offerings than Mad T Party, but it did have Troll Juice (sour green apple juice mixed with Sprite) in a souvenir light up cup!
DSC_0295_zpsdrt93niv.jpg

Snacks and Treats (Various Locations)
Disneyland Resort has a wide variety of treats and snacks scattered throughout the parks.

Hand-Made Chocolate Easter Eggs – Candy Palace – The Candy Palace had hand-made chocolate Easter eggs! Figment got the Chocolate Fudge Crème filled one and it was very rich, very chocolaty, and very good!
64b33831-990b-404c-b938-fa7569886d3c_zpspdgylehm.jpg

DSC_0003_zps3rovmzay.jpg

Mickey Hat Brownie – Various Candy Locations – It was okay, but not quite what Figment was hoping for. There was lots of yummy chocolate, but the brownie was kind of dry.
DSC_0550_zpsypealklq.jpg

Cinderella-Inspired Treats (Rice Crispie, Chocolate Caramel Apple) – Various Candy Locations
DSC_0075_zpsr8ufxlvf.jpg

Chocolate Caramel Apple Bunny – Various Candy Locations
DSC_0076_zpswlp0p137.jpg

DSC_0546_zpsj8mhv1pp.jpg

Sorcerer Mickey Caramel Chocolate Apple – Various Candy Locations
DSC_0547_zpssacd4doe.jpg

Tigger Tails – Normally only at Pooh Corner in Critter Country, but they were available at the Candy Palace while Critter Country was closed.
DSC_0078_zpszidts8pq.jpg

Easter Egg Cake Pops – Various Candy Locations
DSC_0079_zpszelqymfs.jpg

Spring Designed Cupcakes
DSC_0210_zpsgorocju9.jpg

DSC_0211_zpsetjw0pj1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter