My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Pomme Frites - Café Orleans

French Onion Soup - Café Orleans

Monte Cristo - Café Orleans

Both Monte Cristos - Café Orleans

Milk Chocolate Hand dipped Vanilla bars from Clarabelle's. Two with Mickey sprinkles, one with the works.

Gryos from Garden Grill

Chicken Skewere with Tzatziki from Garden Grill

Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce - Garden Grill

Chicken skewer with Chimichurri Sauce - Garden Grill

Greek Salad - Garden Grill

Fish and Chips - Uva Bar and Grill

Lamburger Uva Bar and Grill

Beef Burger and Lamburger - Uva Bar and Grill

Pita and Guacamole - Uva bar and Grill

Does anyone have pictures of the Lobster Nachos at The Cove Bar?
Will be eating these more than one time next month! :)

IMG_2570.jpg

While I wait for Halloween so I can post my Halloween snack photos...a few "new" souvenir items I saw in early October.

The cowboy boot...I think these are left over from the summer because they say Lone Ranger on them! You can get a soda or root beer float at the Golden Horsehoe.
DSC_0552_1_zps32b4c92a.jpg

The tiki totem, comes with pineapple juice. Available at the Tiki Juice Bar.
DSC_0555_1_zps55f490b5.jpg

They also have two new "wiggly" yards items. They're both at the stand across form the Haunted Mansion. The green one has the ghosts and the red one has the Fantasmic logo!

Last edited:
So how are these? Is there much lobster in them?
They really are very good! there is quite a bit, but it is shredded no real big pieces, but you can tell it is lobster! Hubby and I could not finish the whole plate so more than enough for 2 to share :) The fish tacos here are really good too! Only just over 2 weeks until we are there! :cool1:

I was there this past Thursday-Saturday. Here are a few things we had...

Chicken Tamale from Flo's. My new favorite breakfast item at the resort!

Chocolate Bread Pudding from Jazz Kitchen! So yummy!!

Turkey sandwich on a pretzel roll from Carnation Cafe! Another yummy thing!

Three cheese Monte Cristo from Cafe Orleans! Our favorite!!

Pomme Frittes from Cafe Orleans!

Dark chcolate espresso sundae!!!

Breakfast burrito and chicory coffee from Jazz Kitchen Express! So good!!

Baked Potato Soup from Carnation Cafe. YUMMY!!!

They really are very good! there is quite a bit, but it is shredded no real big pieces, but you can tell it is lobster! Hubby and I could not finish the whole plate so more than enough for 2 to share :) The fish tacos here are really good too! Only just over 2 weeks until we are there! :cool1:

Thanks! Looks like we're gonna have to give them a go :thumbsup2 Have a wonderful trip!

Tlovesdis, I cannot even tell you how excited you got me for my trip. lol That Jazz Kitchen breakfast burrito looks amazing!

I was there this past Thursday-Saturday. Here are a few things we had...

Chicken Tamale from Flo's. My new favorite breakfast item at the resort!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/t...704856478674_136963635_n_zpsbf206d21.jpg.html

Chocolate Bread Pudding from Jazz Kitchen! So yummy!!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/t...88613792617_1023064960_n_zpseae67618.jpg.html

Turkey sandwich on a pretzel roll from Carnation Cafe! Another yummy thing!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/t...1692406527433_90830897_n_zps7948c648.jpg.html

Three cheese Monte Cristo from Cafe Orleans! Our favorite!!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/t...03336080665_1965931301_n_zpsa4cefa1a.jpg.html

Pomme Frittes from Cafe Orleans!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/t...03340440774_1381131830_n_zps93fb872a.jpg.html

Dark chcolate espresso sundae!!!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/t...94036648185_1159607540_n_zpsdddb04b7.jpg.html

Breakfast burrito and chicory coffee from Jazz Kitchen Express! So good!!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/t...696872119070_570812965_n_zps649785c9.jpg.html

Baked Potato Soup from Carnation Cafe. YUMMY!!!

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/t...692407767464_106752914_n_zps3641ffb6.jpg.html

Thank you!! I have a question for you? Do you like the cheese version or the regular monte cristo better? We're trying CO in Dec for the first time and can't decide which one we should try... I enjoyed the MC bites from JJJ last year, but the 3 cheese option is tempting... Tia!

Thank you!! I have a question for you? Do you like the cheese version or the regular monte cristo better? We're trying CO in Dec for the first time and can't decide which one we should try... I enjoyed the MC bites from JJJ last year, but the 3 cheese option is tempting... Tia!

I prefer the three cheese version, as does my niece, but we both are huge cheese lovers! The meat version is good, but we always get the cheese one now!!!

Figment and his family went to Disneyland for HalloweenTime and had a lot of fun. As usual, eating was a big part of his trip! He tried some new places, some of usual favorites, and lots of snacking (as usual).

French Market - this is one of Figment's go to quick service places. It has a nice variety of items.

Market French Dip - the dip is pretty salty, but it goes well with the sandwich. The chips have a bit of bite, but they're still pretty yummy. DL had two different Halloween holiday mugs this year (not counting the one from last year that was still being sold at Big Thunder Carnival): a Nightmare Before Christmas themed one and the Halloween one. The NBC one had Jack & Sally dancing, with some of the other characters looking on.
DSC_0876_1_zps70387622.jpg

Slow Roasted Louisiana Beef Stew - served in a breadbowl, this stew had a nice rich flavor. There was a good amount of meat and veggies. The bread bowl was pretty good to, especially for sopping up the juice.
DSC_0868_1_zps4a0c8958.jpg

Jack Skellington Coffin White Chocolate Mousse - Figment finally decided to try the Jack Skellington dessert. It was a white chocolate mousse with cookie crumbs and dog bone decorations. It was pretty sweet, but really good.
DSC_0882_1_zps4f3c8940.jpg

Redd Rocket's Pizza Port - Figment used to eat here more often, but he hasn't been for a while. This time he had dinner there before going to MHP.

Terra Nova Tomato Basil Pasta - Figment thought this was okay, but nothing spectacular. You get a lot for your money, but that's about it.
DSC_0915_1_zpsdba8f765.jpg

Mars-inara with Meteoric Meatballs - Figment liked this one better because it had a little more substance to it. The meatballs were pretty good and, again, it was a big portion.
DSC_0910_1_zps8a74805d.jpg

Asian Chicken Salad - This is Figment's go to salad at Redd Rocket's. It's a nice mixture of ingredients and everything tastes good. He especially likes the mandarin oranges and crispy won tons.
DSC_0913_1_zpsc394088f.jpg

Last edited:
Continuing with Figment's HalloweenTime 2013 trip...

Big Thunder Ranch BBQ - Figment really likes the Ranch, but he's learned that it's best to go when the weather is good...as in not to cold and not raining! Last time he went, it was a cold December afternoon and he spent most of the meal wishing he had another jacket! So this time, it was a cool October early evening. The meal is served family style and it's all-you-care-to-eat.

DSC_0196_1_zps817ea6a7.jpg

Dinner includes Barbecue Chicken and Ribs, Smoke Sausages, Corn Cob Wheels, Cole Slaw, Ranch Beans, and Corn Bread. (Lunch has the same menu, except no sausages or corn cob wheels.) Figment's favorites were the ribs, ranch beans, and corn cob wheels!

The meats - the first time they bring out the food, you get all three meats. After eating all of the ribs (with the help if his family), Figment asked for more ribs and he got a bucket full of ribs.
DSC_0200_1_zpsba548426.jpg

The corn cob wheels, ranch beans, and cole slaw. The corn was nice and sweet. The ranch beans are slightly sweet, but very tasty. Figment isn't a big fan of cole slaw, but other members of his family really liked it.
DSC_0203_1_zps55750d8c.jpg

The cornbread...Figment really liked the corn bread. It was sweet and moist.
DSC_0205_1_zps76aaa558.jpg

Desserts are not included with the price of meal and have to be ordered separately. After eating all of those ribs and sides, Figment didn't have any room for a dessert. He's had a few of the desserts in the past and they're huge...very yummy...but huge!

Wine Country Trattoria - Figment has mixed feelings about the Wine Country Trattoria. He went on a day when it had been raining off and on all day...sometimes misting, sometimes pouring. So the restaurant wasn't operating quite like normal and it was clear that it's not a venue that is really designed for bad weather days. The majority of the seating is outside, so on days when it's raining, they only accept folks with reservations and everyone is seated inside or by the wall under the awning. The doors are open so the servers can go in and out, which means it's also cold. Figment's family ended up wearing their jackets while they ate dinner.

Bread - the meal starts out with little triangular shaped rolls. They were soft and very yummy.
DSC_0596_zps1b4b4c25.jpg

Minestrone - because it was so cold out (err, inside), Figment decided to start his meal with a bowl of soup. It was very flavorful. It was a little pricey for the amount you got (essentially, it was $6.50 for a cup of soup).
DSC_0599_zps82625c4c.jpg

Alla Vongole - campanelle pasta with clams in a white wine and garlic sauce. It was yummy.
DSC_0627_zps8f120199.jpg

Shrimp Scampi - campanelle pasta with shrimps in a white win and garlic sauce. It also had very good flavors.
DSC_0618_zpsca0fe525.jpg

Bolognese - spaghetti with a beef tomato sauce. THis one didn't really impress FIgment. It was okay, but nothing outstanding.
DSC_0607_zpscc034652.jpg

Tiramisu - Figment ended the meal with one of his favorite desserts...tiramisu. Nice and light.
DSC_0636_zpsbb822e7c.jpg

Overall, Figment is a little torn about the Trattoria. This was the first time he'd gone and while some elements were very good, some were less than ideal. The biggest issue was that the kitchen seemed to have some difficulties accommodating dietary issues. One of Figment's family members has a minor allergy to under-cooked seafood. If the shrimp was cooked until opaque (Figment knows that's not the ideal way to cook a shrimp), then she can eat it. She explained the allergy to the server when the dish was ordered, but evidently the note didn't get to the kitchen. The shrimp on the dish were barely cooked (still translucent). So we explained it again to the server and sent the dish back...when it came out, the shrimp were slightly more cooked, but still had translucent areas. Figment gave up at the point because the other two dishes were getting cold. So Figment's family members traded seafood (clams for shrimps) among themselves so everyone could eat. This is the first time we've come across a venue that had trouble with a dietary request, so hopefully it was just an aberration. Still, that coupled with the restaurant being pretty cold, makes Figment hesitant to go back...at least until the weather is better!

Last edited:
I prefer the three cheese version, as does my niece, but we both are huge cheese lovers! The meat version is good, but we always get the cheese one now!!!

Thanks!! I am not sure which my dd will prefer, but I'd enjoy either. I'm considering visiting twice during our upcoming 5 day visit...so I may be able to sample both ;).

Figment's HalloweenTime 2013 trip...

Carthay Circle Restaurant - It's been a bit since Figment went to the Carthay Circle for a meal. It's a very pretty restaurant, with lots of detail in the ceiling and decorative items. He's eaten in both the main dining room and in a couple of the side rooms and, in general, he likes the main room better. There is more to see and it's prettier looking.

Bread and Butter - the meal starts out with bread service. The bread is fine, but who want to fill up on bread when there are better things to eat!
DSC_0138_1_zps348ba6e8.jpg

Carthay Signature Fried Biscuits - Biscuits stuffed with White Cheddar, Bacon, and Jalapeño with Apricot Honey Butter. This is Figment's favorite appetizer at Carthay Circle. They aren't spicy (despite having jalapeño), but are rich and gooey. So yummy!
DSC_0127_1_zps118a26a6.jpg

Sautéed Short Rib Raviolis - Short rib raviolis with portobello Mushrooms, and Red Pepper, with a and Cabernet Jus. Figment thought the presentation was pretty. The raviolis had good flavor, but the texture of the filling was a little odd to him. Not quite smooth, not quite meat fiber-y...kind odd.
DSC_0157_1_zpsdc5aa14c.jpg

Carthay Strawberry Chicken Salad - Lacquered Bacon, Avocado, Haricot Verts, Local Cherry Tomatoes and Fresh Strawberries salad. Lacquered bacon is basically candied bacon...yum! Figment liked this salad and he liked the bacon.
DSC_0149_1_zps96fc4b97.jpg

Rigatoni with Roasted Chicken - Rigatoni pasta with roasted chicken, pancetta, Summer Peas, Spinach, and Pinto Jus. This was surprisingly spicy...Figment still liked it, but he wasn't expecting the pasta sauce to have bite.
DSC_0148_1_zpsa8e62b0b.jpg

Overall, Figment liked his meal at Carthay Circle and would go back.

Carthay Circle Lounge - Figment has always eaten at the restaurant and never at the lounge, but after looking at the menu, he decided to give it a try.

Rose Petal Soda - it was interesting...Figment didn't really care for the soda...it kind of reminded him of slightly sweetened mineral water, which is bitter.
DSC_0028_1_zps55b295c2.jpg

Wild Berry Lemonade - this one was much better! Figment liked the sweetness of the lemonade and berry foam.
DSC_0026_zps0bca99ce.jpg

Duck Confit Sliders - with Apricot Conserve, Watercress, Crisp Onions, and Taleggio Cheese. These were like mini-hamburgers, but with duck. They had good flavor and were fun to eat.
DSC_0040_zps84eabfc7.jpg

Spanish Flat Bread - Soria Chorizo, Potato, Caramelized Onions, Mahon Cheese and Wild Arugula. This was kind of like a flatbread pizza. Figment really liked it. He was initially worried that the chorizo would be too spicy, but it was fine. It was a pretty big "small plate"!
DSC_0034_zps9af14054.jpg

Lobster Pad Thai Imperial Roll - with Cashew Tamarind Sauce. This was Figment's favorite item at the Carthay Circle Lounge. It was very good and there was lots of lobster!
DSC_0053_zps597e1609.jpg

While this wasn't something Figment ate, the spherical ice balls were very fun to see being made. Some of the cocktails came with a giant spherical ice ball. The bar has two little "machines" that make these ices. The ice starts out as a cylinder and it placed between the two parts of the device.
DSC_0059_zps92bf0ac3.jpg

The top parts drop down and slowly the two parts come together. When they've met up, the bartender lifts the top one and the cylinder is now a sphere!
DSC_0080_zps3c7e49bc.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter