My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Thanks to all of you for the pictures and descriptions of foods at DL. We are WDW veterans who get to DL only every 5 years or so (going in July), and things change!

Last time we ate at Bengal BBQ we had grilled pineapple, which I loved, but it looks as if it is no longer offered there. Also, some the newer restaurants are things we would have to try ourselves with a chance of not liking them. I really do appreciate your guidelines on here! :goodvibes

Aw....I miss the grilled pineapple....you're correct, they no longer have it, but I just grill my own!

I'm not sure if anyone will know what i'm talking about, I'm thinking the true Disers who've been going to DL forever will know. ;) There was an ice cream shop on Main St. (about five yrs. ago)that served hand dipped ice cream (don't know the name of the store, on the right side when your leaving DL) and they had this one flavor that you couldn't find anywhere but at DL, it had a funny name, lots of flavors blended together (no choclate in it mostly fruity.... :confused: I think LOL) I think??? I'm not sure if anyone will know what I'm talking about, but I'm going to put it out there anyway to see if someone will be able to help me figure it out. It was truly yummy, yum, yum.:cloud9: I'm going to WDW and want to know the name of this icecream to see if I can find it there. Help! Thank you. :love:

It was the flavor called Fantasia! I know the green color was pistachio, but cannot remember what the other fruity flavors were. I was just at WDW in December, and cannot remember seeing it there, but you never know! Hope they have it there for you!

I hope this is the right place for this...

Can anyone tell me where you get the funnel cakes from in Disneyland? And someone back in the thread posted one with cream and fruit on it, can you also get plain ones?

Can anyone tell me where you get the funnel cakes from in Disneyland? And someone back in the thread posted one with cream and fruit on it, can you also get plain ones?

Hopefully someone else can help you, but I can honestly say I did not see one single funnel cake while we were there a few days ago. And I am a funnel cake fan. I can smell them a mile away! :lmao:

Oh good lord! I just went through all the picture threads and am slobbering all over my desk! Thanks for all the great food recommends! On our upcoming trip I absolutely MUST have:

Monte Cristo - either one, who cares, just doesn't matter!
Fried Chicken at Plaza Inn
Nachos at Whitewater Snacks
Anything at Carnation Cafe!
Those Fries, you know the ones - New Orleans Cafe
That Corkscrew Chicken Pasta at Pizza Port!
A Gourmet Burger at Taste Pilots
One of them there Bread Bowls at Pacific Warf - Not picky either!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus from Bengal BBQ
and Last but not least...

The Strawberry Shortcake from the Blue Ribbon Bakery.

Done with my meal planning now, I'm gonna go choke down a rice cake!

I LOVE vacation eating!!!:love:

They have funnel cakes at the Mint Julep Bar I think. At least they used to. There also used to be funnel cakes at the place back by the Fantasyland Theater. Not sure if they still do now that it's changed over to Princesses.

Those Fries, you know the ones - New Orleans Cafe

Those were SO GOOD! I ate so many I could only eat 1 triangle of my Monte Cristo!

I LOVE vacation eating!!!:love:

LOL! :lmao: No kidding! I'm having a hard time getting back on track because of all the stuff we brought back from Marceline's Confectionary! I still have one more Mickey coconut head left! :goodvibes

here is the funnel cake from the place right outside the saloon. . .
DSC05533.jpg

Aw....I miss the grilled pineapple....you're correct, they no longer have it, but I just grill my own!

I started grilling my own pinapple and I love it, I even bought carmel sauce to dip it in like I used to get at Ohanas in DW

Fantasia ice cream :goodvibes and you could only get it at Disneyland...

Unfortunately, they haven't had it for a few years now, since Disney switched to Nestle products. :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

The flavors were banana, pistachio, and black cherry.

I'm so sad. :sad1: But thank you so much for answering me, I thought I was the only one who new this delicious dessert's name. LOL I'm so happy you set me straight! ;) Well, so much for trying to figure it out. I wonder why the parks do different things when it comes to food??? Do you know who made the ice cream Fantasia?

I'm so sad. :sad1: But thank you so much for answering me, I thought I was the only one who new this delicious dessert's name. LOL I'm so happy you set me straight! ;) Well, so much for trying to figure it out. I wonder why the parks do different things when it comes to food??? Do you know who made the ice cream Fantasia?

You're welcome! Everytime I go to the park, I miss that ice cream. LOL I think it was Carnation ice cream. I'm sure it was specially made for Disneyland...but try my recommendation. It will take you back to Disneyland, I promise! Hmm...gotta go find a BR somewhere so I can make that creation, too! lol

Those were SO GOOD! I ate so many I could only eat 1 triangle of my Monte Cristo!

LOL! :lmao: No kidding! I'm having a hard time getting back on track because of all the stuff we brought back from Marceline's Confectionary! I still have one more Mickey coconut head left! :goodvibes

What Mickey cocnut head? They have something else besides the macaroons that are all coconut? Oh do tell!!

Mickey Mouse Pancake River Belle Terrace

My only food pic

MickeymousePancakeriverbelleterrace.jpg

We'll be sure to take more this June's trip

I posted some of these in my TR, but I will post them here too with more description. Our dinner at BB.

Souvie menu from BB - It is something they have going on to celebrate the opening of POTC4. It is a while supplies last kind of thing.
100_1245.jpg

Wedge salad - the dressing was so good. It was very fresh and crisp.
100_1246.jpg

Gumbo and what was left of the crab cakes - DH says they were both very good. The crab cakes were probably the 2nd best he has ever had. It was kinds of expensive for only two smallish crab cakes, but at least they were good.
100_1247.jpg

Childs chicker dinner - it had everything she loved!
100_1248.jpg

Split plate of Seafood Jambalaya - it was plenty of food to share. Plus it was pretty yummy and just a little spicy. It was a good spicy, not "I need 5 gallons of water to cool off" spicy, but just right.
100_1254.jpg

Flying Dutchman Cookie Boat - mmmm warm and ooey gooey, so yummy!
100_1255.jpg

My only regret from eating here is not getting the creme brulee. :sad2: I am not sure what I was thinking. I must have been blinded by the chocolate from the cookie boat:lmao: Oh well ... next time for sure!

Blue Ribbon Bakery yummies!

cinnamon and pecan roll
100_1269.jpg

regular and chocolate crossiants
100_1268.jpg

coconut macaroons - mmmmmm soooooo goooood:goodvibes
100_1267.jpg

looks oh so yummy you make me and my DH hungry hehe we cant wait to go. i wounder if they still have the suvner munes and the dutchman cookie..the sail is grate

(can any one answer this) dose room survec at the disney land hotel, cost. if you are in conceroge room??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter