"My Disney Experience" App

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by GAN, Aug 5, 2012.

1. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

Has anyone downloaded the "My Disney Experience" App yet? On the surface it seems pretty functional, unlike some other stuff Disney has put out. There is a small article found here:

http://thenextweb.com/apps/2012/08/...which-will-link-to-wireless-nextgen-fastpass/

I thought it was interesting that they released this as I was hearing that a "new" round of Next-Gen testing was taking place this month. We'll be there in less than 2-weeks so hopefully we can get a chance to try it out.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. ukwildcat

ukwildcat Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

I like it. Much better than the previous app.

4. disneyholic family

disneyholic family <font color=teal>Wayne always catches me<br><font

i downloaded it yesterday....looks useful! and it was free...always good!! :goodvibes

5. skeets024

skeets024 Raising a Tinkerbell

I have been looking for it every day in the Play Store by Google but haven't found it. Any insight where I can find it? We're leaving on August 16th for 10 days at Boardwalk Villas and would love to have it by then! Thanks!

6. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

I believe it's only out for iPhone, iPad, and iTouch right now. We'll be coming into the Villas on the 17th.

7. darrengs

darrengs DIS Veteran

Yes, IOS only so far.

8. k5jmh

k5jmh When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...

Who needs an RFID wristband for NextGen?

9. zulemara

zulemara <font color=royalblue>Oh Boy! I'm a WDW sailor!<br

we discussed it a bit on the podcast last week and I did a blog with a segment about it recently. It seems right now to be functionally the same except you have to login to a Disney.com account to get access to wait times, but the positive is you can now see wait times outside the park. Disney is way ahead of the competition with their official apps. I think Universal's is a horrible design and doesn't even give wait times in the park. Sea World is at least functional, but I think Disney's is better.

Also of note: this app actually has an updated DTD map. The Mobile Magic app has the old DTD map complete with Virgin, the clubs, West End Stage, pretty much everything as it existed pre 2007.

10. SaraMc

SaraMc DIS Veteran

I downloaded it today, which is the plus over mobile magic which international guests couldn't really download. So far it looks like it might be helpful in the parks.

11. freesone

freesone DIS Veteran

I downloaded it for my iPad and iPod Touch last night, found out there was a 105 minute wait for Space Mountain at 8:00pm......:thumbsup2

We arrive at the Wilderness Lodge on 8/21 for 8 nights. Hopefully it will available for Android systems by then:confused3

12. kermit116

kermit116 "Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste

Just downloaded it - excited to hear if it works well in the parks. I wonder if the Fastpass times will actually be accurate.

13. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

Over the weekend I compared it to the Touring Plans "Lines" App and there a few rides that had pretty large differences -many we're close but say SM was 70min from Disney, it was around 35min on TP.

14. mike the canuck

mike the canuck https://www.youtube.com/user/reelbigfishtml

I downloaded it on my iPod touch. I have not been able to sign in. When I do it asks me to set up 2 security questions. When I do it says "Loading" but never loads. I left it on all night and when I woke up it still said "Loading." So I can not sign in at all. Anyone else have this problem?

15. KarmaLady

KarmaLady KarmaLady

Mine asked the security questions but actually loaded up.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

16. mike the canuck

interesting...

17. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

its the same information you use to sign in on the disney website

18. serene56

serene56 DIS Veteran

i have been comparing too and maybe i had LINES too long but i prefer LINES.

lines has splash mountin at 45 min wait this new app says 15

19. mike the canuck

I know. The problem is not with my info it just never loads. I'm thinking it is a problem with the app

20. kitkatt

kitkatt Earning My Ears

I downloaded it this morning while walking to the train to go to work. I didn't have any problems loading the app or inputting my information.

I would love if it would import my existing ADRs that I have on my Disney account.

21. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

I believe that is where they are going with it which would be great.