• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Disney Experience app issues

Stefien Quix

Mouseketeer
Is anyone else having this issue?

Trying to use the MDE app to look at how long to expect to walk from Point A to Point B (Soarin' to Frozen Ever After in this case). I searched for Soarin' and clicked on Get Directions and put Frozen Ever After as the 'From' and get "No routes available from these locations."

Thing is, I get that no matter WHAT I put in! Is this 'feature' just broke or is it just me?

Is anyone else having this issue?

Trying to use the MDE app to look at how long to expect to walk from Point A to Point B (Soarin' to Frozen Ever After in this case). I searched for Soarin' and clicked on Get Directions and put Frozen Ever After as the 'From' and get "No routes available from these locations."

Thing is, I get that no matter WHAT I put in! Is this 'feature' just broke or is it just me?
If you are at home, a few thousand miles from WDW, the location features won’t work for you.

Be happy it even works. On my personal phone it won't even load up last 3 days and goes to a green screen with a blinking Mickey head.

You should be able to use that function once you are in the parks, but if you try to access during Peak periods - well, we've all see what happens then.

I'm a moderate walker ( I'm not racing though the park but I'm also not stopping to smell all the roses ). Leaving Soarin' I would exit towards the Imagination Pavillion, through the rose garden ( as I find it's a pretty unused path ) and at the end of the rose garden, turn left towards Mexico. At a moderate pace with no stops, it would take me about 15 minutes to reach Norway.

I had nothing but problems with the MDE app on my iPhone 6 during our trip last month. It's the only app on my phone that gives me problems. The app was so bad once I was in the parks I just gave up using it. My kids have the iPhone 8 and the app seems to work a little better for them. Not sure what they did to it but it was fine until the last 2 updates they released.

If you buy a subscription from Touring Plans (which costs about the same as a hamburger at Disney... So very little!) it will give you that info when you create a touring plan and lots, lots more!

If you buy a subscription from Touring Plans (which costs about the same as a hamburger at Disney... So very little!) it will give you that info when you create a touring plan and lots, lots more!

I actually did purchase a Touring Plan subscription, but I was hoping for more of a walking map sort of thing like one gets with Google Maps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter