My Disney Christmas present! AKL & dining questions

musicotb

Mouseketeer
Hello! Well, I was a frequent DISboards user several years ago but got caught up in grad school.

Now I am BACK as my DBF has surprised me with a Christmas present - a 5 day/4 night Disney trip staying at AKL with a savannah view, and the deluxe DP with wine & dine!!!!!!!!!!! Holy moly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I totally cried.

Anyway, to my question - our reservation says it's in the Jambo House, Etmak Lodge - anyone know where this is, if it's a good location, if I should call and make any requests?

Also, last time I went I stay at POR with the standard dining plan and, at that time, gratuity was included... boo on it not being included this time... oh well. We've made reservations so far at Boma (dinner and breakfast), Mama Melrose's (lunch), 50's Prime Time (dinner), Tusker House (lunch), Coral Reef (late lunch), Captains' Grille (breakfast), Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch), and Narcoosee's (dinner) - any thoughts? Any we should change?

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

I don't think you can have a bad room that has a Savannah view. I would stay in a broom closet at AKL if they would let me. I love this resort and can't wait to go back. . .

Congratulations! What an awesome present. You will love AKL. The last time we stayed there we were on the zebra trail close to the elevators overlooking the Arusha Savannah. (So about midway on the Savannah.) We were on the fifth floor and had a fantastic view. The resort changed since the last time we were there though. Now DVC is on the fifth and sixth and concierge is on the fourth. I've never heard of "Etmak Lodge." Maybe this is a new thing?

In terms of location, the only request we put in was to be close to the elevators. I knew from the Disboards prior to our stay, and now from experience, that AKL Jambo House is large and if you are assigned a room at the end of the resort, it can be quite a walk. However, it's a nice walk- all in door and there are floor-to-ceiling windows every so often to check out the animals while you're walking the length of the hallway.

Your restaurant choices look great as well. Congrats again!

What a lucky girl you are...your DBF sounds like a keeper! ;) I just read another AKL post that was asking about Etmak Lodge. I've never heard of it and none of the other posters had either. If you find out, please post the answer.

By the way, when is your trip? You guys are going to love it...have fun planning!

How wonderful for you! That was an awesome present, I hope you really enjoy your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter