My dh thinks i'm crazy....

siestakeys04

DIS Veteran
because i have made a spread sheet of our vacation. I have the parks that we visit on each day the meals planned and I need to add ~how much oop :earseek: we need to pay for some meals not on the dinning plan. I hope i'm not over planning i just want our first trip to be the best possible. I know everything will not work out according to plan but at least i have one.
AM I TOO CRAZY???? :crazy:

I think it's GREAT!!! My DH thinks it's silly too, but they always like the way things run smooth due to my obsessive planning. I also do the thing where I place money for larger expenses and daily spending money in individual envelopes with the date and pull them out of the safe that day.

I'd rather review a spreadsheet than spin around in the park asking "are you hungry?, where should we eat???" It's too large of an investment and too many choices (don't you love it!!!) to wing it. Over the years I just picked different things on different trips and try to go as many times as I could.

Many would disagree and they just react and respond to the great vibes but we're all different.

I do all the vacation plans for disney and non-disney trips this way! My husband loves it because I research everything so much, I know exactly what we are doing so no time is wasted!

I don't think so but I haven't been to WDW as much as others on the board. The only advice I'd give is BE FLEXIBLE. If something happens to screw the plan up, go with it and don't be disappointed. That's what's great about Disney; if what you want to do doesn't work out there's always something else.
So, more details: where you are staying, what parks are you planning on visiting?

Glad to see i'm not the only one. We are staying at the wilderness lodge july15-22 me dh dd10 and ds6 and they did not want to share a bed dd said..:rolleyes: This is there first time. I would consider this my first time seeing i haven't been since about 78' and now 33. I do plan on being flexible with dining. I do at least want to make the adr's just to have them with the option of cancelling than to not have any adr's at all. I want it to be fun i will make sure i dont loose the fun if things don't always work out.
:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :banana: :cool1: :bounce:

I've been to Disney many times. Tons of times as a kid, and to look back at it, we had our own way of touring that we learned from experience...

Now as a mom myself, I have to say the pre-planning is sooo helpful. Our first trip with the kids, I planned everything...and our plans changed multiple times a day. Luckily, we were there between hurricanes, and after most schools had started (late Aug early Sept). So changing our plans didn't matter...we were able to make new ADR's etc.

Then next trip I planned a little less...okay, not really...but we actually stuck more to the plan...allowing of course for the changes that were necessary. (The kids did a lot of swimming this trip...but they were happy).

I say plan plan plan, but when you get there, remember to have fun. Sometimes letting go of some of the plans is okay. I remember telling DH that I wanted to hit as much as we could b/c I didn't know when we would get to come back. He would remind me that the kids were happy with what we had already done...they didn't care what else there was...(ignorance can be bliss)...when I realized that he was right, it was easier to let some of the plans go.

That said, our next trip will be around Christmas, and I am already planning!!!

Good Luck!

I usually have a 3 ring binder. LOL!! My DH laughs at me but when we don't wait forever he enjoys it too. We went with my BIL, SIL and kids a few years back. They hated planning but I secretly did it anyway. After the first day of staring at each other and waiting in lines, I pulled out my book and said how about this? We wound up having a great trip...

count me in as CRAZY, we are going October 13-21, 5 of those days will be BCV and I have ALL OUR MEALS planned, that is Pathetic :rotfl: :rotfl:

But its so much fun to plan!!! People at work cant believe I just got back Jan 13 and already have an October trip planned, they are just jealous :confused3 :confused3

I thing having a plan in place is great. I do the same thing. I just know that with small kids, I have to be willing to make changes. I also remind myself that if we didn't get to something, we can always do it next time.
My parents have traveled with us on both previous trips and enjoy the fact that I have everything planned. They are already asking to see my list for this trip (34 days to go!!!).

ds10 pirate: dd7 princess: ds2 pirate:

siestakeys04 said:
because i have made a spread sheet of our vacation. I have the parks that we visit on each day the meals planned and I need to add ~how much oop :earseek: we need to pay for some meals not on the dinning plan. I hope i'm not over planning i just want our first trip to be the best possible. I know everything will not work out according to plan but at least i have one.
AM I TOO CRAZY???? :crazy:

He'd lock me in the attic! Touring plans has a free trip planner. I fill out the touring,airline info, ADRs,etc.Then I print everything(35 pages) in the 31/2 by 5 format. After printing out everything, I laminate each page. Then I find pictures of our hotels ( this trip Hard Rock and a pool house).Print and laminate these as the front and back cover. Finally, I bring it to Office Depot and have it spiral bound.

Planning is AT LEAST half of the fun! :mickeyjum I have a trip planned Oct.2-9.What am I doing today?Looking at restaraunts.Well,I only have 8 mths. :rolleyes1

Thanks all i feel much better knowing i'm not the only one. Will be making my adr's tomorrow!!!! :cool1: I asked dh to look over the resturants with me and he said what ever you want to do is ok.!!!! :love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter