My dd received a letter

DaisyDebbie

<font color=green>Just give me one to cook and one
Last year in her 5th grade class, they wrote letters and sent a care package to Iraq. Today she received a letter from a soldier. It is 5 pages long and I was in tears reading it. He has a 10 yo son who he misses terribly. :(

Can anyone here tell from an address where he is?
HSC 983 EN BN
OIF III Fob Speicher
APO AE 09393

My DH took a look at it, but has no idea whatsoever. I tried to Google it, but got no help there. Sorry.
Good for your daughter, sending the note and package, it means so much to those serving overseas.

Thanks. I did get a link to a site and found it.

It meant alot to him to get the letter from my dd and it meant even more to our whole family to get a letter back from him. We're going to send him another letter and a belated birthday card. :sunny:

The letters Really do mean a lot. Whenever I read them...SO many of them make me tear up because they are just so darn sweet. :hug:

JohnsPrincess said:
The letters Really do mean a lot. Whenever I read them...SO many of them make me tear up because they are just so darn sweet. :hug:
I'm assuming from your post and your location you're serving in the Armed Forces?

I am a fifth grade teacher and we "sponsored" 24 marines. Actually, the son of one of our teacher's won a very prestigious medal recently. As a school, we've "adopted" probably 200+ marines. So far of the 24 letters we have written, we have received 8 responses. I wasn't expecting any response and told my kids that the marines may or may not have time to write so getting 1/3 a letter was fantastic! I was crying the whole time when I read them because many of the marines were 20-25. (I am 24 so it hits close to home!) Also, my kids are 10-11 and we talked a lot about where we see ourselves in 10 years. They really were shocked when they realized that in 10 years they could be fighting in a war, too. God bless our soldiers, marines, and everyone else!

When my dh was over seas our daughters class wrote letters also, it was really neat. No-one knows how much the letters really mean. It really does help alot to get those letters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter