My dd received a letter

Discussion in 'United We Stand' started by DaisyDebbie, Mar 18, 2005.

1. DaisyDebbie

DaisyDebbie <font color=green>Just give me one to cook and one

Last year in her 5th grade class, they wrote letters and sent a care package to Iraq. Today she received a letter from a soldier. It is 5 pages long and I was in tears reading it. He has a 10 yo son who he misses terribly. :(

Can anyone here tell from an address where he is?
    HSC 983 EN BN
    OIF III Fob Speicher
    APO AE 09393

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Otto's Doll

Otto's Doll <font color=blue>Cheese and Whiskers, I just can't

My DH took a look at it, but has no idea whatsoever. I tried to Google it, but got no help there. Sorry.
    Good for your daughter, sending the note and package, it means so much to those serving overseas.

4. JohnsPrincess

JohnsPrincess DIS Veteran

It's FOB Speicher. That's "Forward Operating Base" Speicher. It's in Iraq.

5. DaisyDebbie

DaisyDebbie <font color=green>Just give me one to cook and one

Thanks. I did get a link to a site and found it.

It meant alot to him to get the letter from my dd and it meant even more to our whole family to get a letter back from him. We're going to send him another letter and a belated birthday card. :sunny:

6. JohnsPrincess

JohnsPrincess DIS Veteran

The letters Really do mean a lot. Whenever I read them...SO many of them make me tear up because they are just so darn sweet. :hug:

7. bengalbelle

bengalbelle Geaux Tigers!<br><font color=blue>Will post anywhe

I'm assuming from your post and your location you're serving in the Armed Forces?

8. lajones81

lajones81 <font color=royalblue>DISneyLVR<br><font color=mag

I am a fifth grade teacher and we "sponsored" 24 marines. Actually, the son of one of our teacher's won a very prestigious medal recently. As a school, we've "adopted" probably 200+ marines. So far of the 24 letters we have written, we have received 8 responses. I wasn't expecting any response and told my kids that the marines may or may not have time to write so getting 1/3 a letter was fantastic! I was crying the whole time when I read them because many of the marines were 20-25. (I am 24 so it hits close to home!) Also, my kids are 10-11 and we talked a lot about where we see ourselves in 10 years. They really were shocked when they realized that in 10 years they could be fighting in a war, too. God bless our soldiers, marines, and everyone else!

9. classicpooh4

classicpooh4 <font color=blue>Proud Wife of one of America's He

When my dh was over seas our daughters class wrote letters also, it was really neat. No-one knows how much the letters really mean. It really does help alot to get those letters.