My conclusion for VMK. Post what you think.

Cpt.JackSpearow

When Desperate Times Call For Desperate Measures A
This is what I think about VMK.

VMK is just an advertisement for disney and nothing more. Someday VMK will rpobably be gone if disney starts loosing people.

Pirates of the carribean game- Just to adveritise the ride

Jungle cruise - the ride

VMK staff - the nice people at disney ( usually ignoring people on VMK)

The lands and places of course to advertise that stuff

And the most important the "safest online game ever"
Just to shwo that disney is safe? Omg I think VMK is a rip off and it is free so they can just advertise disney.

What you peeps think.

PS: My inbox completely clean

First of all if you knew that VMK is a Ad but most people enjoy it because of disney, since playing VMK i do not feel i need to go to WDW anymore than i did before I started to play. Second i think your completly wrong about staff which i always see and help me out a lot.

Yes I agree they always help you. THey band you they take out the word u coming and going. They always seem to ignore you and say do this when it is nothing to do with your problem, they say use the dumb contact button and never do anything at all for you just read it then probably ignore it. Yes I agree they always help us. :thumbsup2

yes someday sadly VMK will most probably be gone.

When it has out lived it usefulness to Disney and people have lost interest in it.

thanks for emptying your inbox.

Mal

I think vmk is good but i don't agree with lax i am so excited about going to disney and when i started vmk i told my parents i wanted to go next year and low and behold i am goin

VMK was intended as an ad, not as an online service. anything which anyone ever gives yoiu for free is to try to hook you into something else. VMK is Disneys free hook. Of course it will be gone someday, and of course it will be when it has outlived its usefulness. But the fact of the matter is that it works. People go to the parks and spend money just because of VMK. People spend an extra 4 or 5 hours at Disney for VMK getting the cards and such which means they probably stopped and bought a $30 hot dog too. I would say that VMK have probably already made $50 million for Disney in increases sales and park visits.

Spongeblair said:
I think vmk is good but i don't agree with lax i am so excited about going to disney and when i started vmk i told my parents i wanted to go next year and low and behold i am goin

dont get me wrong i want to go to Disney so bad and im mad i have to wait another 14 months! But my obession with disney was the only reason i want to go not because of vmk

As mentioned before, VMK has always and will continue to be just an ad for Disney. It is used to promote the wonderful things of Disney. Considering this world is wired, they are trying to target another kind of audience, the kind that are into virtual games.

VMK cannot be a "rip off" as you don't pay a penny. You can choose whether to play or not to play the game free of charge. They rip nothing off you except maybe a few hours of sleep and/or a few stressful moments of your life lol.

Marketing and promotion. Not a bad thing.

Maybe even a few psych and sociology majors getting great material on internet gossiping, trends, and rumor.

:rotfl2:

In the end Disney is headed by money-hungry buisnessmen (and women) whose major interest lies in their stock holders.
They however manage to execute their moneymaking schemes magically, which is what has made them so rich. We just happen to be obsessed with one of their latest marketing ventures - advergaming.
Any site that ends with .com is probably commercial (with exceptions, but for a large chunk). Thats what it stands for, remember?
Even sites that aren't advertising or selling a product are making money (whether used for maintaining the site or not), through those little cleverly hidden bars. There's one above my quick reply box saying 'Credit Card Rewards! Find amazing online bargains for credit card rewards'

:P

wow i thought this post would be blown WAY out of proportion, with people fighting...

anyways, i do believe that VMK is a huge advertisement to disney. not only does it use all the parks in Disney, but there are also quests to get cool stuff on vmk, which has probably attracted quite a few people.

i also believe, however, that disney also put VMK in business because it wanted it's own "game" so to speak. and whether or not vmk staff is being paid would bring up a whole Other conflict, so i wont go there.....

If you think this why do you still play it?

Cpt.JackSpearow said:
This is what I think about VMK.

VMK is just an advertisement for disney and nothing more. Someday VMK will rpobably be gone if disney starts loosing people.

Pirates of the carribean game- Just to adveritise the ride

Jungle cruise - the ride

VMK staff - the nice people at disney ( usually ignoring people on VMK)

The lands and places of course to advertise that stuff

And the most important the "safest online game ever"
Just to shwo that disney is safe? Omg I think VMK is a rip off and it is free so they can just advertise disney.

What you peeps think.

PS: My inbox completely clean

I have a question captain. If you think VMK is a rip off and free so they can just advertize disney, why do you bother playing it? I know most of us probably know that, but as you said it is free, and fun for most of us. I'm not trying to defend VMK but as you said again, this is your opinion and I respect that. Me personaly, I like VMK for me being just a kid - It's a fun hobby game I like to spend my time with and I can talk with friends I know around the world. I mostly do like this thread though Captain and will be sure to look out for everyone else's opinion :).

WWEDUDE said:
If you think this why do you still play it?

Oooops! Sorry WWEDUDE! I didnt know you already asked that question - I didnt read everyone's opinion or post. Sorry!

Ever since I moved from California to Oregon,I've really missed Disneyland.But VMK is like being at a whole new disneyland!It brings back a lot of great memories that i was afraid I would forget.VMK may just be a disney advertisement,but to me it's all the great disney parks put together that I might never go to! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter