My biggest let-down last week: No Grilled Cheese!

karly05

DIS Veteran - "I found the Snipe!"
Last Thursday (4/23) was my primary Epcot day, and I was all pumped up for the new gourmet grilled cheese stand near Test Track - and it was closed! Anyone know if it was open at all last week, or was I just unlucky because it was a rainy day?

I ended up doing what I'd originally planned, went to Sunshine Seasons and had grilled salmon and strawberry shortcake (as good as reported here) - but man, I was really looking forward to that grilled cheese!

Ever since I read the blog on here about those grilled cheese sandwiches, I have been looking forward to trying one. Now I know to manage my expectations in case they aren't open. Sorry to the OP. First World problems for all of us. puckerup:

Thanks, Rusty (and all). I shouldn't have saved it for my last day - I'm still guessing the rain was a factor the day I was there. Maybe next year!

While I am not a big fan of Grilled Cheese, Wave (inside Contemporary) uses some funky colored bread and turns out a big grilled cheese sandwich.

That stinks ... Sorry you did not get to have one.

We have seen it open every time we visited (not raining) in the late afternoons. So I am thinking you are right that the weather effected it being open. I have not seen it closed the last few times we have gone to EPCOT recently.

What is the name of this place that has grilled cheese? I would love to look up the menu and possibly eat there on our trip in August. Thank you!

What is the name of this place that has grilled cheese? I would love to look up the menu and possibly eat there on our trip in August. Thank you!

It is similar to a food truck called 'Taste Track' right near Test Track at EPCOT

Taste-Track.jpg

Taste-Track-Menu-600x623.jpg

We read about this and all the sandwiches sounded yummy. My sister and her husband are there now, but the place was closed. i did read that it is a pop-up restaurant, usually open during busy times. We are going next March, during Spring Break as we are also taking my husband's son and girlfriend who are both in college. i am hoping it will be open then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter