My big fat fabulous wedding/UPDATE 2nd episode

I saw the Jersey episode and the Texas episode. The Jersey couple were a disaster, he had cheated on her a few times already, and the couple just didn't seem to respect each other very much.

I had a big, fat wedding (a couple of them actually). Our parents split the bill because it was really important to them (we were the first of our siblings getting married) to have a great wedding. I just wanted to marry my soulmate and giving our parents the wedding they wanted was the quickest way to that goal. We're a mixed religion couple, so we had a Hindu ceremony in the morning with a lunch reception for 350 and then a catholic ceremony and dinner reception for 750 (no, I don't know that many people either). And it was all done without a wedding planner OR the internet!!! But it changed me forever in that now I am an organization freak. But everyone will attest to the fact that I was never a Bridezilla, because with considerate organizing you don't need to be. I never had the "it's all about ME" attitude. I think that just makes you come off as ugly and selfish. At least the Texas bride was grateful for her parents giving her the wedding of her dreams, that goes a long way.

As a nine year veteran of marriage, I gotta say that marriage is so much more fufilling than even the most lavish weddding could ever hope to be.

Jil

Yea I thought in the second episode the bride came off just a tad bit selfish but in the end she was really appreciative that her parents spent 2,000,000 dollars on her wedding

even thought they spent more on the wedding then the first episode I felt that the second episode was way more realistic.

I saw the Jersey episode and the Texas episode. The Jersey couple were a disaster, he had cheated on her a few times already, and the couple just didn't seem to respect each other very much.

I had a big, fat wedding (a couple of them actually). Our parents split the bill because it was really important to them (we were the first of our siblings getting married) to have a great wedding. I just wanted to marry my soulmate and giving our parents the wedding they wanted was the quickest way to that goal. We're a mixed religion couple, so we had a Hindu ceremony in the morning with a lunch reception for 350 and then a catholic ceremony and dinner reception for 750 (no, I don't know that many people either). And it was all done without a wedding planner OR the internet!!! But it changed me forever in that now I am an organization freak. But everyone will attest to the fact that I was never a Bridezilla, because with considerate organizing you don't need to be. I never had the "it's all about ME" attitude. I think that just makes you come off as ugly and selfish. At least the Texas bride was grateful for her parents giving her the wedding of her dreams, that goes a long way.

As a nine year veteran of marriage, I gotta say that marriage is so much more fufilling than even the most lavish weddding could ever hope to be.

Jil

Wow!
750 guests...

I couldn't imagine having a wedding that big.

That's actually a Polish wedding tradition - to party all night and the close family and friends stay until an early morning meal. (sometimes breakfast, sometimes leftovers from the "feast".) It actually has a name in Polish "Poprawiny". :)

Platinum weddings is on WE, but the times are all so different, I never know when it's on - usually after Bridezillas. ;)

LuLu, are you Polish?! If so, I think I'll agree with your DBF and have us sent to Maury for DNA testing!! We've got to be related!! :rotfl:

LuLu, are you Polish?! If so, I think I'll agree with your DBF and have us sent to Maury for DNA testing!! We've got to be related!! :rotfl:

Haha, yes I am. As long as we don't have to be on an episode with that woman who has tested 13 guys to see if they're the father of her kid. ;) That is so funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter