• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Big Fat Disney Solo Weekend: April 2015 Trip Report - COMPLETED

Finally subbing to your TR! I'm only half way through your first update but I had to stop reading and comment on 2 things-
1-We have the same luggage! I've had it for about 5 years and you're the first person I've ever seen who has the same set!

2-You live in Beaufort, SC???? My in-laws just moved there from CT almost a year ago, my husband and I will be driving down there in a few weeks to visit! That's so crazy! We're actually considering moving there at some point bc we're just so sick of CT and we really liked it when we visited a few months ago!

Ok going back to read the rest!

20150426_212618-1.jpg

So, this is about half the reason why I want to check out the Boardwalk area (although, not so much the basketball, but I'm a big sports person so ESPN is a big deal for me). The other half is everything else.

Before I forget to mention it, as I was cruising along the boardwalk, one of the 4-person surrey bikes was coming towards me, and the family on-board was laughing and clearly having a great time, and they randomly rang the bell on it. And before I could stop myself, without even thinking, I rang that dumb bicycle bell on my ECV back at them. The looks of total surprise on their faces were priceless, and they all started cracking up laughing and ringing their bell back at me, to which I replied with mine, and this went on until we had passed each other. Later on, we pass each other again, and it resumed. Good times! :cutie:

Awesome!! I love random moments of interaction with other people. Bicycle bells can make random things a lot more fun sometimes.

I tried to be friendly, but the dad totally gave me the cold shoulder. :confused3 The son followed his lead. It was so weird.

Not cool! I understand that not everyone wants to get involved in a conversation with random strangers (although ... why not? It's Disney!). But at least say hello or something!

Not even maybe 5 minutes later, a completely empty Downtown Disney bus pulls up, and as the bus driver is about to start directing the man and his ECV up the ramp, I heard the guy ask him if this bus was going anywhere else on the way. The bus driver said Nope, he was actually dispatched to the Boarwalk JUST to come get the two of us and takes us to DTD! He was our private driver! :eek: I was shocked, and thought that was amazing! When it was my turn to head up the ramp, the bus driver was talking and joking with me, and was VERY kind and sweet and accommodating. Totally night and day from the jerkface bus driver that morning. :cutie: Another time I wished I had CM Thank You cards! Next time!

Private bus!!! So awesome!!!
I'm glad this CM was much better than the jerk from earlier!

My face paint cracks me up here. While I was napping in Epcot, every now and then I would go to rest my elbow on the center console and put my forehead in my hand, and then smear the paint. Doh! It only took a couple times doing that to mess it all up on my forehead. :laughing: At least the sides still look good!

Classic problem ... sleep messes up the facepaint. It still looks pretty good, though!

I figured I was staying at POFQ, so I should experience the boat transportation from DTD!

I love the idea of a boat to/from DTD ... I'd love to stay at one of those resorts. I'm glad you decided to take advantage of it!

However. My phone battery had decided it had enough of my crap. :rotfl2:

Phone batteries really have a mind of their own ... and they're very diabolical. They die at the worst possible moments.

As I was driving from the the boat dock back to Building 6, I could feel my poor ECV dragging it's butt hardcore. It was going maybe a 3rd as fast as it should be. My battery was HURTING. And lucky me, it held out just barely long enough to make it through my whole day and get me back to my room! We made it! :woohoo:

Sounds like a rough experience getting off the boat & back to the room. I'm glad the ECV made it back - I'm guessing you didn't want to have to push it back to the room!

Boardwalk looks just lovely! Adding that to my to-do list for a solo trip!

Before I forget to mention it, as I was cruising along the boardwalk, one of the 4-person surrey bikes was coming towards me, and the family on-board was laughing and clearly having a great time, and they randomly rang the bell on it. And before I could stop myself, without even thinking, I rang that dumb bicycle bell on my ECV back at them. The looks of total surprise on their faces were priceless, and they all started cracking up laughing and ringing their bell back at me, to which I replied with mine, and this went on until we had passed each other. Later on, we pass each other again, and it resumed. Good times! :cutie:

That sounds like a cute, only in Disney moment!

When it was my turn to head up the ramp, the bus driver was talking and joking with me, and was VERY kind and sweet and accommodating. Totally night and day from the jerkface bus driver that morning. :cutie: Another time I wished I had CM Thank You cards! Next time!

I'm so happy you had great luck with transportation CMs this evening! :goodvibes

The CM was super nice and helpful with directing me how to drive my ECV on and off of it.

More :goodvibes for kindness!

The boat ride looks so nice and peaceful! What a great way to end the evening!

Finally subbing to your TR! I'm only half way through your first update but I had to stop reading and comment on 2 things-
1-We have the same luggage! I've had it for about 5 years and you're the first person I've ever seen who has the same set!
Whaaaaaat! :eek: Funnily enough, I've had mine for the same amount of time! I bought mine in early 2010, from Target.

Storytime! The first time I used this luggage set was on a trip to San Francisco, in April of that same year. On the way back, on the Las Vegas to Jacksonville (my final destination) leg of the flight, I was seated next to a fella who was also traveling alone. We talked a little bit, but not too much. Mostly about our smart phones, he was curious how mine did as far as watching movies on it and stuff. Quiet otherwise, though. Fast-forward to arrival at JAX, and I'm standing at the baggage carousel waiting to see my easily-spotted brown and pink suitcases. And finally I do, or think I do, when I see out of the crowd the same guy I was seated by step forward and grab it! I started to say something but caught myself when I noticed a piece of blue ribbon tied around one of the handles, which I knew my bags didn't have. The dude I was seated next to just HAPPENED to have the EXACT same (rather girly) luggage as me. What are the odds, right? :laughing:

2-You live in Beaufort, SC???? My in-laws just moved there from CT almost a year ago, my husband and I will be driving down there in a few weeks to visit! That's so crazy! We're actually considering moving there at some point bc we're just so sick of CT and we really liked it when we visited a few months ago!

Ok going back to read the rest!
Oh, how funny!!! And maybe just a little creepy... :tiptoe: I'm kidding! I was born and raised here. It's a boring place for a kid, as there's not a lot to do that interests kids, even the closest mall is 45 minutes away. I moved to bigger cities several times, but eventually settled back in Beaufort when I was 27, and I absolutely love it here now. (About the only reason I would leave here is if I got an opportunity to move to the central Florida area and be closer to Disney!)

So, this is about half the reason why I want to check out the Boardwalk area (although, not so much the basketball, but I'm a big sports person so ESPN is a big deal for me). The other half is everything else.
As for me, I'm not into sports at all. I just thought it was pretty! :rotfl:

Awesome!! I love random moments of interaction with other people. Bicycle bells can make random things a lot more fun sometimes.
Yesss! It's now one of the special memories that I'll always associate with the Boardwalk area. I love that! :goodvibes

Not cool! I understand that not everyone wants to get involved in a conversation with random strangers (although ... why not? It's Disney!). But at least say hello or something!
Right? You're at Disney, dude! Be happy! I'm introrverted as heck and don't like long exchanges with strangers myself (except for cute PhotoPass CMs named James), so I get it if you don't want to be my new best buddy. But just... BE NICE TO ME. IT WON'T KILL YOU. :sad2:

Private bus!!! So awesome!!!
I'm glad this CM was much better than the jerk from earlier!
Yassss! I was glad too! He was super! :thumbsup2

Classic problem ... sleep messes up the facepaint. It still looks pretty good, though!
One of these days I'm going to forget to wash it off before bed and wake up with a big old mess all over Disney's pillowcase. :laughing: I think the only thing that has prevented this from happening yet is that I'm a nighttime shower person.

I love the idea of a boat to/from DTD ... I'd love to stay at one of those resorts. I'm glad you decided to take advantage of it!
It was really lovely! I'm hoping to do it again in December, if I switch us to POR! :thumbsup2

Phone batteries really have a mind of their own ... and they're very diabolical. They die at the worst possible moments.
I bring wireless charger with me too, but even it was kaput. Between it, the phone, and the ECV, all my technology was telling me it was BEDTIME. I gave them all quite a workout that day! :faint:

Sounds like a rough experience getting off the boat & back to the room. I'm glad the ECV made it back - I'm guessing you didn't want to have to push it back to the room!
Oh god, I can't even imagine what I would have done if I had to try and push it back! That would have been a whole fresh new level of Hell! :scared:

We will have to remember to exit the back way for the Boardwalk too!!
You should check it out! It's gorgeous! (Just don't forget to pop upfront at Epcot at some point to get that gorgeous nighttime shot of you two in front of Spaceship Earth! I didn't, and regret it now!) ::yes::

Boardwalk looks just lovely! Adding that to my to-do list for a solo trip!
Yessss! Please stop and have a treat at the Bakery for me! I wish I'd left room for that! :cutie:

That sounds like a cute, only in Disney moment!
It was, which is exactly why I loved it so much! :lovestruc

I'm so happy you had great luck with transportation CMs this evening! :goodvibes
I really did, both guys were great! :goodvibes

More :goodvibes for kindness!

The boat ride looks so nice and peaceful! What a great way to end the evening!
It was a PERFECT end to my night, that's for sure! :-)

DAY 4
April 27th, 2015 - Monday

Breakfast at Ohana, and Heading Home!

I woke up well before my alarm, as usual, because as we've already established... I can't sleep in beds while on vacation, apparently.

pAmczrm7SThNm.gif

I'd done most of my packing up the night before, so I had very little to do. I took my time, and lounged a bit, but finally decided to just head on over to my ADR destination early. I called Bell Services and had them come get my things, since I had to drive the ECV upfront and my suitcases wouldn't fit on it. Once they picked up my bags, I looked around my room, took a deep breath, and said a sad goodbye to it. (I always hate leaving my Disney resort room for the final time! :sad: )

When I got up front, I spent a little time perusing the Jackson Square gift shop. Amazingly, I didn't buy anything! I found a few things I liked, but nothing that really spoke to me. I was also making an attempt at being conservative with my cash at this point, as I was keeping in mind that anything I didn't spend would go back towards my savings for my December trip. So I left empty handed.

I took the ECV over to Bell Services to return it, and let them know I'd be pulling around in my car in a few minutes for my bags. I'd left the car parked up front rather than driving it closer to my room, so it was a quick walk to get it, and bring it around. A nice CM loaded my bags in my trunk for me, and away I went!

...Halfway to my destination, it dawned on me that I totally forgot to tip him. :headache:

G2Gi6yjoyTfri.gif

This REALLY bothered me, and actually still haunts me a bit. I'm NEVER that person. I just had 1,482 things on my mind at that moment, and I just honestly forgot. I felt, and still feel terrible, about it. I wanted to go back and find him, but I was on such a tight schedule this day, there was just no way. BAD BILLIE. :sad1:

After a harrowing drive which including me going through the wrong side of the Magic Kingdom entrance plaza then have to cut across ALL TEN LANES in the middle of beginning-of-the-day arrival traffic, I finally got to where I needed to be... The Polynesian Village Resort! (Yes, I'm embracing the newly reclaimed "Village" part of it's name. As a travel agent, I force myself to use the proper names for Disney things, even if I don't want to, because I need to be in the habit.)

Even though I was plenty early, I actually sprang for valet parking again this time, just so I could avoid the walk out to my car and try to save myself some time after breakfast. which actually turned out to be a wise choice. (That, and I think after having done valet at AKL on my arrival night, I was just a little bit spoiled now!) :blush: And on into the newly renovated lobby I went! It was SO NICE not to have construction walls everywhere anymore, because that's all I saw in September!

20150427_092201-1.jpg

20150427_092717-1.jpg

See all those people on the right side? That was the line just to check-in for their ADRs at Ohana. :eek: Rather than brave that line quite yet, I decide to wander, and found myself in here:

20150427_092830-1.jpg

Such a cute store, with such nice things! And I found a pink Vera Bradley bag that I fell head-over-heels in love with. Sadly, as is often the case... the strap wasn't quite long enough, so I put it back. Sigh. I did, however, pick out some cute little baubles to wear with my new short hair...

20150427_094602-1.jpg

Afterwards, I still had PLENTY of time to kill. I decided to do something that regrettably got skipped on my last trip...

20150427_095357-1.jpg

Yep. Just a quick little sight-seeing trip on the monorail resort loop. It gave me a chance to say goodbye to MK in passing, too!

Back at the Poly, I was looking at the length of that ADR check-in line, and had no idea how fast it would move, so I went ahead and hopped on into it. I snapped a couple pics of the new lobby while I waited...

20150427_101628-1.jpg

20150427_101635-1.jpg

While I'll always miss the waterfalls, of course, I do think that they did a nice job with it!

I finally got up to the podium, but I was still about 45 minutes early. I told the hostess that right upfront, and she said it's fine, she could go ahead and check me in, but I'd still have to wait. I was 110% okay with that, so she gave me my snazzy pager!

20150427_102555.jpg

Before finding a place to wait, I headed over to the windows for a few more snaps...

20150427_103051-1.jpg

20150427_103058-1.jpg

Satisfied with my sightseeing now, I headed over to the waiting area for Ohana, and found big comfy cozy chair, and settled in...

...and fell asleep. :faint:

Who's surprised? Anybody? Show of hands? :rolleyes:

The worst part is that I'm pretty sure I was snoring a little this time. And I was surrounded by people. Whatever. Like everybody hasn't seen a grown woman asleep and snoring in the middle of a hotel lobby before. Right? :rolleyes1

I was awoken from my light snooze by my pager going off in my hand. Hooray! Time for COFFEE! :coffee: Oh, and food. Food is good, too. But... COFFEE.

20150427_110017-1-1.jpg

A nice CM lead me to my table, asking me where I'm from, and turns out he's from North Carolina, and we chit chatted a bit when we got to my table. And I got a good one, too!

20150427_110406.jpg

Yes, I was against the window. Yes, that's Cinderella Castle in the distance. No, I have never scored a table this perfect in all of the times that I've been at Ohana at night during Wishes. Murphy's Law. :laughing:

Then I met my server, who was a super nice dude also, and the food began to arrive...

20150427_111115-1.jpg

As usual, I will spare ya'll the food details, but if you're interested, it's all over on my Dining Report, which you can find HERE! I will say this much about my breakfast, though....

20150427_112846-1.jpg

It was deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!!! :rotfl:

After I finished eating though... Still no characters. The tables near me, with little kids, I could hear the parents getting pretty cranky about it. Finally I saw them making their way to us, table by table. I was getting a little antsy because I needed to get on the road myself, but I didn't mind waiting.

Pluto was first up!

20150427_114605-1.jpg

And is wasn't too terribly long before he was followed by my main man, Mickey Mouse!

20150427_115034-1.jpg

They were both delightful and fun! One of the servers was nice enough to take both of the above photos for me!

Next came Lilo...

20150427_114950-1.jpg

She was neither delightful nor fun. In fact, she didn't seem to want much to do with me at all. (She and Daisy from Pete's Silly Sideshow should get together and go bowling.) It's cool, Lilo. Whatever. I like your dog better than you anyhow.

Speaking of...

20150427_115627-1.jpg

Stitch was AWESOME. And funny, And kept hugging me over and over. He has his own PhotoPass CM that follows him around (the other characters do not) so she snapped pics for me with my phone. I heard her go "Ewww, Stitch! That's gross!" Then I realized why...

20150427_115629-1-1.jpg

...Because he was totally picking his nose. :stitch2: I just died laughing. In retrospect, I wish I had held it together, and picked my nose with him. Because really... That would have been pretty much the most EPIC photo ever. Hindsight, man!

So now that I was all full of coffee and noms and happy, I paid my check and made my way out of the restaurant, stopping to say bye to this grumpy dude...

20150427_120454-1.jpg

...and then on out of the resort lobby, and over to the valet desk to have my car brought around, which they did in record time. (And yes, I remembered to tip the CM this time!!! :rolleyes2)

As I was leaving, I spotted the overpriced Hess station, and decided to pay for the convenience of not having to stop again. I pulled in and filled up, then went in and much to my delight I discovered that they have Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee there! And it was CHEAP! I got a HUGE one that I nursed all the way home, and it was less than $3 bucks. NICE. :thumbsup2

And with that, I said good bye to Disney World, with the promise to return in December. The drive home was uneventful, no traffic, no accidents. I may have been speeding just a TINY bit... I was trying to get home in time to return the car before Enterprise closed at 6pm. And well... My normally 5-6 hour drive only took me about 4.5 hours. But hey! I made it back to Beaufort around 5:30pm, returned the car with no issues, and all was well! :D Mama was there shortly after to pick me up, and take me back to my apartment.

So that concludes my quick & dirty trip report, ya'll! I want to thank ALL of you for joining me and helping me relive my memories of it! My next trip is already planned and booked for my big birthday celebration, December 4-11. And this time, my aunt and uncle will be joining me for what will more-or-less be their first trip! (I say "more or less" because neither of them have been since they were little children in the 1970s, and that totally doesn't count!) Of course there will be a Trip Report to follow our adventures, but in the meantime, I would love it if you'd join me on my PTR for that trip:

It's My Birthday & I'll Disney If I Wanna! ~ A Dec. 2015 PTR

Otherwise, I'll see you around the DIS! Kisses! :cutie:

tumblr_lsrv80KZXX1qkc2v6o1_500.gif

Last edited:
I’m with you, leaving my resort room for the last time is the WORST feeling. I go through the 5 stages of grief: This cannot be happening / It’s not right, I don’t want to leave / If only I could stay just one more day /whatever, I don’t care / OK, I’ll be back.
So cool how you managed to have time to really enjoy the Poly, including a monorail tour!
Thanks again for a delightful trip report!
I love how you experience a “bad” situation, put it behind you, and move on to have fun. The true test of a person is not how they are when things are good, but how they are when things are not so good. You get an A+ on this test my friend.

I was also making an attempt at being conservative with my cash at this point, as I was keeping in mind that anything I didn't spend would go back towards my savings for my December trip.

Thank God it's not just me. This is especially true since I have to convert money (they still sadly do not accept Canadia money... weirdos), and the exchange rate is not so good. Somehow it makes me feel like I have a head start for the next trip.

You know it has occurred to me Billie that you could save a bundle on trips and not bother with a room. You seem to get a much better sleep in the lobby, or on the EVC, etc.

It's cool, Lilo. Whatever. I like your dog better than you anyhow.

:rotfl2:

I know you touched on it at the beginning, but I still so envy the ability to drive to Disney is a reasonable time frame. I think it's the fact that the timetable isn't quite as strict, car rental return notwithstanding.

It is so nice that you were able to put this quick trip together even when the work function fell through. Thank you SO MUCH for going anyway so you could put together this short, but totally fabulous, trip report for us all. :goodvibes

hey there!
I am caught up and it's over. Boo.

But i loved your little trip and jealous you are able to do it! LOL.. snoozing in the poly.. sounds like heaven Ohana is the best place on the planet.. just sayin.. OK lets do this Dec trip!!!

Your breakfast looked SO yummy and what a view!! How fun that you got to do a quick monorail ride also!

I enjoyed reading your report so much - thanks for putting it together! I may still try my hand at a pre-trip report sometime soon!

Don't feel bad about the tipping--it happens. When we went to pirates league, both DH and I thought the other person had tipped the CMs who helped our girls. Turns out, neither of us did. We didn't realize until we got home and we're looking through pics. We still think about it and DH swears next time we're in WDW he's bringing their tips with us!

Ooooohhh, the poly.....so pretty! Someday I will stay there. For now, I'll drool over your pics! Cute selfie in the lobby!!!

I'm sure you're not the first person to snooze while waiting for a ressie and sitting in a comfy chair. Let's face it--WDW vacations are tiring!

Love the character meets!!! That stitch!!

And I'm not sure that tiki was grumpy--I'm pretty sure he was sad that you were leaving! Just like in sad that this TR is over!!:sad: Thanks goodness you have another trip planned!

I’m with you, leaving my resort room for the last time is the WORST feeling. I go through the 5 stages of grief: This cannot be happening / It’s not right, I don’t want to leave / If only I could stay just one more day /whatever, I don’t care / OK, I’ll be back.
This progression of emotions is so incredibly accurate! :lmao:

So cool how you managed to have time to really enjoy the Poly, including a monorail tour!
I was happy for the extra time to just float around and pretend I was a guest there!

Thanks again for a delightful trip report!
I love how you experience a “bad” situation, put it behind you, and move on to have fun. The true test of a person is not how they are when things are good, but how they are when things are not so good. You get an A+ on this test my friend.
Aww, that's incredibly kind of you to day! Thank you! :hug:

Thank God it's not just me. This is especially true since I have to convert money (they still sadly do not accept Canadia money... weirdos), and the exchange rate is not so good. Somehow it makes me feel like I have a head start for the next trip.
Even in my "real life," I've gotten to where I think of Disney when spending money. "Hmm... how much does this thing I really don't need cost? TEN DOLLARS?! That's a Dole Whip and a Mickey pretzel! *put down item and walks away!* " :laughing:

You know it has occurred to me Billie that you could save a bundle on trips and not bother with a room. You seem to get a much better sleep in the lobby, or on the EVC, etc.
THIS IS BRILLIANT, ROB! Now... if I can only figure out where to shower and change clothes... :scratchin

I know you touched on it at the beginning, but I still so envy the ability to drive to Disney is a reasonable time frame. I think it's the fact that the timetable isn't quite as strict, car rental return notwithstanding.

It is so nice that you were able to put this quick trip together even when the work function fell through. Thank you SO MUCH for going anyway so you could put together this short, but totally fabulous, trip report for us all. :goodvibes
I'm really super glad that I decided to go, too! At first I was really nervous about the financial part, as I borrowed the money from my savings for my December trip. But it's all worked out fine, and it was the perfect little solo fix that I needed! :cutie: And thank you so much for hanging in there with me, and following along!

hey there!
I am caught up and it's over. Boo.
Hi! Welcome back! NOW GET OUT!!!! :rotfl2: I kid, I kid. :hug:

But i loved your little trip and jealous you are able to do it! LOL.. snoozing in the poly.. sounds like heaven Ohana is the best place on the planet.. just sayin.. OK lets do this Dec trip!!!
Yasssss! 20 days until ADRs! I'm in full-on December planning mode now! Speaking of ADRs... wasn't your day today? I better get my behind over to your PTR and see what's up! :eek:

Your breakfast looked SO yummy and what a view!! How fun that you got to do a quick monorail ride also!
It was sooooooooo good, omg. I loved it, and I'm so happy I finally can cross it off my bucket list!

I enjoyed reading your report so much - thanks for putting it together! I may still try my hand at a pre-trip report sometime soon!
Thank you for being here! :goodvibes Let me know if you do a PTR, I'll happily join you!

Thanks for a great report, I thoroughly enjoyed it :)
I'm so happy that you did! Thank you for being here! :cutie:

Don't feel bad about the tipping--it happens. When we went to pirates league, both DH and I thought the other person had tipped the CMs who helped our girls. Turns out, neither of us did. We didn't realize until we got home and we're looking through pics. We still think about it and DH swears next time we're in WDW he's bringing their tips with us!
Oh, good! It makes me feel so much better to know it's not just me! It seriously made me feel like such a dumb-dumb! :headache:

Ooooohhh, the poly.....so pretty! Someday I will stay there. For now, I'll drool over your pics! Cute selfie in the lobby!!!
Yassss! Someday for me as well! I'm a girl with Deluxe resort tastes on a Value resort budget! :rolleyes:

I'm sure you're not the first person to snooze while waiting for a ressie and sitting in a comfy chair. Let's face it--WDW vacations are tiring!
Exactly, which is exactly why there were zero craps given about what people thought of my Disney narcolepsy in any locations I inadvertently chose to nap! :D

Love the character meets!!! That stitch!!
He's was THE BEST. So funny! :stitch2:

And I'm not sure that tiki was grumpy--I'm pretty sure he was sad that you were leaving! Just like in sad that this TR is over!!:sad: Thanks goodness you have another trip planned!
Awww, that's a nice spin on it, thank you! But there's lots of planning silliness to do over the next 6.5 months for the next one, so thanks for hangin' out on my PTR for that one! :hug:

(I always hate leaving my Disney resort room for the final time! :sad: )

I think everyone feels that way ... or at least everyone with a heart.

I was also making an attempt at being conservative with my cash at this point, as I was keeping in mind that anything I didn't spend would go back towards my savings for my December trip.

See, that's smart. I should try that. Stop spending money and save it for Disney...

...Halfway to my destination, it dawned on me that I totally forgot to tip him. :headache:

Ouch, I hate when that happens. Oh well, nothing you can do about it now, so there's no reason to beat yourself up over it.

I love these!!

Just a quick little sight-seeing trip on the monorail resort loop. It gave me a chance to say goodbye to MK in passing, too!

That's such a great way to kill some time - gives you a chance to see lots of little bits of Disney without leaving your seat.

Well, that's a shocker. But hey, at least you got some sleep somewhere!

Yes, I was against the window. Yes, that's Cinderella Castle in the distance. No, I have never scored a table this perfect in all of the times that I've been at Ohana at night during Wishes. Murphy's Law. :laughing:

Well at least you got the nice view at some time, even if it wasn't during Wishes. It's always nice to see the castle.

It was deeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!!! :rotfl:

Yay!

She was neither delightful nor fun. In fact, she didn't seem to want much to do with me at all.

I hate when they're like that. I know it's early in the morning, but seriously, Lilo, show some enthusiasm!

Really Stitch? Picking your nose at the table? Not very polite!

I love all of the character pictures!

I pulled in and filled up, then went in and much to my delight I discovered that they have Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee there! And it was CHEAP! I got a HUGE one that I nursed all the way home, and it was less than $3 bucks. NICE. :thumbsup2

The thing I both love and hate about Dunkin Donuts is that their iced coffee sizes are huge ... the smallest one is 16 oz (I think the large is 32 oz ... something like that). It's awesome if you want a lot of coffee, but not so great if you get a higher calorie drink and should be watching your calories (thankfully, I don't go to DD too often because I don't love their coffee ... but I do love that I can get a small and still get lots of coffee).

I loved reading all about your trip - thank you so much for sharing! I'm looking forward to continuing to read about the planning for December!

Great TR Billie!! The food at O'hana looked delish...and Stitch...adorable!!! Too bad about Lilo...eh...oh well. Love your new earrings...so cute!! I may have to get DD (and myself :) ) some of those next time!! You made amazing time on the way home too...sadly would have been nice to get there that quickly on the way THERE too!! At least you have another trip in the works to look forward to!!

Fabulous TR, Billie! I get that Disney let down, too. It happens when the Magic Express bus pulls away from the last resort and makes the sad trip back to the airport.
Love the pics of DTD and hearing about your boat ride. We are staying at POR and it's something I would like to do.

Very cute earrings. They match your tiara.

It would be my dream come true to be able to drive home from WDW in a day! Also, I LOVE your earrings. My 5-year-old DD just got hers pierced, so now I'll definitely be taking her to the Poly to get a pair of those :-). I'll probably "borrow" them too!

Billie! I don't know how I missed this! I think I like your trip report even more than the dining report...or at least a tie. You are funny! Sorry you had some awkward moments on the bus and such and with some odd people. I lol so many times in this report - I couldn't quote them all. That is hilarious you can sleep pretty much at any time IN the park. Disney really is exhausting.

Are you SURE you don't want to go back in September? Like the 2nd - 9th? You'd be fun to hang out with and I'm traveling with the inlaws...just saying...

I'm so glad this trip worked out for you after all the trials and tribulations in the beginning! I'm also glad you had more "ups" than " downs" and wow you really packed a lot into that short amount of time!
I love your Ohana outfit, the flower is super cute in your short hair, sorry Lilo was blah.....maybe she was jealous of your flower :flower1:
The Mickey earrings are so cute! I think I know what Vera bag you were eyeing, if it's a small solid pink cross body style with Mickey's stitched into the fabric it's sitting in my closet :rolleyes1 remember, great minds think alike!
As always I loved reading your TR and even though I'm sad to see it come to a close I am so glad you have another trip in the works so I can live vicariously through you! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter