• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Big Fat Disney Solo Weekend: April 2015 Trip Report - COMPLETED

Well since I'm following your dining report, it just makes sense to follow your TR right ::yes::

I love your new blue bag! I have a Disney Dooney & Burke from 2014 and I bought a cross body down there in March b/c I needed something smaller to carry in the parks. But I like yours better than mine :oops:

I followed you over from your dining review in September. I really like your style of writing and I admire you doing a solo trip. I would love to do one but my husband would never allow it!

Thanks for the feedback!
My pleasure! :)

Hi Billie! That stinks that you had a problem as soon as you got there. :sad2: I'm glad it worked out in the end for you and you got a free ticket for your trouble. :thumbsup2
It worked out ridiculously well for me! :teeth:

Your face paint looks so great and you look super happy. I'm glad it survived Splash Mountain.
Mostly survived. :lmao: When you compare it to the original photo, you can see how battered it is. I had actually thought about stopping back by the face-painting station (they will give you free touch-ups all day long!), but I didn't make it back over to Tomorrowland until much later that night, and they were already closed. Boo!

I could not believe how beautiful FoF parade is in person.
Me either! :eek:

You really gave it to those ECV people, good for you. ::yes:: I wish I could handle those types of situations as well.
I actually hate being "that caller." But come on! :sad2: I've been in customer service a lot of years, and much of that phone-based. As long as I'm not attacking her personally (and I wasn't), then her job is to sit there, shut up, and hear me out. Then try to find a resolution. Not give me a bunch of attitude before I've even explained why I'm upset! No, ma'am! :headache:

Your resort looks beautiful! Looking forward to reading more. :goodvibes
It was gorgeous! I felt very at home there! But to be fair, a lot of the influences in the French Quarter of New Orleans are also very strong in the cities of Charleston, SC (where I went to college) and Savannah, GA (where I grew up 45 minutes from and lived in for 4 years after college), so I guess it makes sense that it would feel familiar and comfortable to me. :cutie:

The resort & room pictures are beautiful!!
Thanks! I love scrolling back through them! :goodvibes

I love the new bag - so cute! I'm going to be all bag-searching on my next trip ... my current one broke :( Hopefully I'll be able to find a cute one like you did!
Aww, thanks! I hope that you find one that you love! :lovestruc

Bunny racing ... sounds like fun!
It was super fun! It made me smile so much, my cheeks hurt! :D

I diiid eeeet!!! I just booked it today. Called my parents and told them and they want to come too so it looks like it'll be a family trip! So excited!!
OMG OMG OMG! CONGRATULATIONS! :hyper: Will there be a PTR? :bitelip:

Very enjoyable report so far! Staying at FQ this fall, so it is especially fun to read for me.
Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :-)

You're so adorable, I love your pictures and full report :D
D'awwww! Thank you!!! :blush:

I feel like I'm re-living Disney through you right now. Sigh.
Yay! That's exactly my intention when I write these reports! :goodvibes

Following along...
Hooray! :welcome:

We love FQ! :lovestruc It's a special place for us, and it's just wonderful.
It's a WONDERFUL place! I just loved it! :cloud9:

Well since I'm following your dining report, it just makes sense to follow your TR right ::yes::
Yes! That makes total sense! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you're here!

I love your new blue bag! I have a Disney Dooney & Burke from 2014 and I bought a cross body down there in March b/c I needed something smaller to carry in the parks. But I like yours better than mine :oops:
Ironically, I love the Dooneys more than mine! And especially the Veras. I held one in my hand for ages at Bou-tiki in the Polynesian on this last trip, but in the end decided I shouldn't spend that much. (My silly little blue back was only $19.99 :laughing: )

I followed you over from your dining review in September. I really like your style of writing and I admire you doing a solo trip. I would love to do one but my husband would never allow it!
Yay, I'm glad you're here! :welcome: And send hubby off on a golf weekend or whatever it is he likes to do, and you sneak down to Disney World! :P (I'm a forever alone Single Girl, I probably give horrible marriage advice, don't listen to me!)

DAY 2
April 25th, 2015 - Saturday

Back to Magic Kingdom, Wishes, and Celebrate the Magic!

So back to the Magic Kingdom I went, for a few more hours of fun! When I got back to MK, I knew I was going to miss the first showing of Celebrate the Magic, I was okay with that, I'd see it the second time. But before I made my way over to the Wishes FP+, I decided to stop for a night time Cinderella Castle photo.

Storytime, folks...

So I stopped at a PP photographer, and there was a couple waiting patiently for their turn. They were standing sort of off to the right behind the photographer, so I pulled up on my ECV behind them to wait as well. Then it was their turn, so I scooted on up into the spot that they had been waiting in. As I was waiting my turn, a group of teen girls and a couple of Moms move into place to the left of photographer to wait. And I instinctively knew what was about to happen, because it happens to the Single Girl on her ECV constantly... I become completely invisible. :sad2:

As predicted, the couple finish up and walk away, and the big group starts to move into position, and the PP photographer allows it, not even acknowledging me.

OnQ8s61Icr9hm.gif

Now those of you who read my September report might remember this happened to me a LOT that trip, it was a repeating phenomenon. Normally I'll just bite my lip and let it slide, because I'm a nice person, and don't want to create an awkward situation. Now, I don't know if it was the fact that this was a quick trip and I didn't have time to spare, or if I was just fed up with all the various issues I'd had in the last 24 hours, or what, but this time I spoke up. I scooted forward and stood up off my ECV as I declared politely, but firmly, "Actually, I was next."

1GKfIjBqiyOzK.gif

The PP photographer looked at me like I sprouted 5 additional eyeballs across my forehead.

Apparently it was just so MIND-BLOWING that I magically tossed off my cloak of invisibility to stand up to my full 6'0" and 340 lbs frame, face paint and sequined Minnie Ears blazing, and insist that that I be acknowledged and treated like a human being, and that I would want a PHOTO of myself as such, all by myself. Crazy!

M5NtWWMQpa9BC.gif

One of the Moms in the group started to get nasty, in a heavy Jersey accent, and blurted out "No, we've been waiting, we were here first!" Then one of the teen girls, bless her sweet little heart, spoke up and said "I'm pretty sure she was here before us."

NvwLXMoF3fUze.gif

Then the Mom huffed and rolled her eyes and declared "Ugh, fine!" then ushered her group back. The PP turned to me and just stared, speechless.

So I said thank you, moved into place for my photos. I then asked the PP to do a photo with my phone, and at this point she was super nice to me, and took extra care to line my phone picture up just perfectly. So much so, that I got one of my favorite photos of the entire trip (because it has both Cinderella Castle AND the lights of Main Street in it), and is currently my profile picture on Facebook (despite the fact that my shirt is all whomper-jawwed)...

20150425_213505-1.jpg

I got my phone back from the PP photographer, thanked her, then looked right at that Mom in the other group and smiled my brightest Disney smile and said "Ya'll have a great night!" And then hopped back on my scooter, and rode off in the crowd...

81u9baF58QmBO.gif

And they all lived happily ever after. princess:

Then I made my way over to the FP+ viewing area for Wishes. It wasn't where I was expecting, but it was still good! Had I got there earlier, it actually would have been kinda perfect. But by the time I arrived, all the good spots against the railings were taken, and I wasn't loving the light pole in front of the castle. But overall, not so bad! I was just behind some folks, and had to stand for the show, but that's fine. I got a few good pics, too! I was really curious to see how my new phone's camera did with night time photos, especially fireworks, since I didn't get any good ones last year...

20150425_220414-1.jpg

20150425_221024-1.jpg

20150425_221124-1.jpg

20150425_221145-1.jpg

20150425_221152-1.jpg

20150425_221153-1.jpg

20150425_221200-1.jpg

20150425_221218-1.jpg

20150425_2212200-1.jpg

Afterwards, I scooted right up to the castle-side of the hub, and waited for Celebrate the Magic. It's my favorite part, and makes me cry every time.

And. I took WAY WAY WAY too many pictures. Sorry about this. Here we go!

20150425_223254.jpg

20150425_223630.jpg

20150425_223735.jpg

20150425_223746.jpg

20150425_223811.jpg

20150425_223824.jpg

20150425_224023.jpg

20150425_224051.jpg

20150425_224059.jpg

20150425_224119.jpg

20150425_224236.jpg

20150425_224349.jpg

20150425_224401.jpg

20150425_224438.jpg

20150425_224505.jpg

20150425_224510.jpg

20150425_224514.jpg

20150425_224524.jpg

20150425_224544.jpg

Up Next... Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours!

Last edited:
:flower1:POFQ looks gorgeous! I've never been there before. That bag is hella cute!:lovestruc Love it! That fried chicken and BBQ ribs combo? Drool...now I'm hungry! :lmao: OMG props for your bunny race victory! I know people love Disney ducks (myself included) but I gonna say that Disney bunnies are pretty darn adorbz! And out running a bunny is way more impressive than out running a squirrel! :rotfl: Those things are nuts! :rotfl2:

OMG OMG OMG! CONGRATULATIONS! :hyper: Will there be a PTR? :bitelip:

I already made a change - at this rate the planning for this trip is going to be crazy! My parents wanted to stay an extra night and I agreed... then I looked at those dates and for that time period POR was only $2 more per night. I really liked it when it was Dixie Landings and I think they'll like the theming there better... so, I just updated my reservation!

I have never done a trip report of any kind... I'm still pretty new here and don't even know how to add photos. We shall see though... I'm pretty excited about planning everything and I know everyone here has so much great advice that maybe I'll have to try a pre trip report.

Okay, now I need to go read the update that it looks like you just posted!!

You totally sneaked an update in there on me :tiptoe:
Good for you standing up for your Disney time!:thumbsup2
Just cause you are riding solo don't mean you gots to wait! :banana:
Ain't nobody got time fo that! ::yes::
Love you Wishes pics! I always tear up when I see Wishes.

Dang right you should speak up! Good for you--they had to know you were waiting and let's just be honest, one person is gonna be a lot quicker then a huge group. let the single person go. It kills me when people aren't magical at Disney! Be considerate, Jersey!

The picture you got is AWESOME! It's a totally different angle then you usually see. I love the castle and the lights--so pretty!

Ooooo, aaahhhh.....firework pictures!!! You got some great shots!

Oh my gosh!! Wreck it Ralph!! On the castle! Swoon! I love that movie.....

That's a great idea to send him "golfing" while I sneak away to Disney! I agree about Celebrate the Magic. It is a wonderful show and I love the Wreck it Ralph part! Love your updates! Please keep them coming!

Just finished reading your latest update! You got some GREAT photos of the castle at night with the show! I've never seen the images projected on the castle before - but then again I haven't been to WDW in five years so maybe that part is new?

DAY 2
April 25th, 2015 - Saturday

Back to Magic Kingdom, Wishes, and Celebrate the Magic!

So back to the Magic Kingdom I went, for a few more hours of fun! When I got back to MK, I knew I was going to miss the first showing of Celebrate the Magic, I was okay with that, I'd see it the second time. But before I made my way over to the Wishes FP+, I decided to stop for a night time Cinderella Castle photo.

Storytime, folks...

So I stopped at a PP photographer, and there was a couple waiting patiently for their turn. They were standing sort of off to the right behind the photographer, so I pulled up on my ECV behind them to wait as well. Then it was their turn, so I scooted on up into the spot that they had been waiting in. As I was waiting my turn, a group of teen girls and a couple of Moms move into place to the left of photographer to wait. And I instinctively knew what was about to happen, because it happens to the Single Girl on her ECV constantly... I become completely invisible. :sad2:

As predicted, the couple finish up and walk away, and the big group starts to move into position, and the PP photographer allows it, not even acknowledging me.

OnQ8s61Icr9hm.gif

Now those of you who read my September report might remember this happened to me a LOT that trip, it was a repeating phenomenon. Normally I'll just bite my lip and let it slide, because I'm a nice person, and don't want to create an awkward situation. Now, I don't know if it was the fact that this was a quick trip and I didn't have time to spare, or if I was just fed up with all the various issues I'd had in the last 24 hours, or what, but this time I spoke up. I scooted forward and stood up off my ECV as I declared politely, but firmly, "Actually, I was next."

1GKfIjBqiyOzK.gif

The PP photographer looked at me like I sprouted 5 additional eyeballs across my forehead.

Apparently it was just so MIND-BLOWING that I magically tossed off my cloak of invisibility to stand up to my full 6'0" and 340 lbs frame, face paint and sequined Minnie Ears blazing, and insist that that I be acknowledged and treated like a human being, and that I would want a PHOTO of myself as such, all by myself. Crazy!

M5NtWWMQpa9BC.gif

One of the Moms in the group started to get nasty, in a heavy Jersey accent, and blurted out "No, we've been waiting, we were here first!" Then one of the teen girls, bless her sweet little heart, spoke up and said "I'm pretty sure she was here before us."

NvwLXMoF3fUze.gif

Then the Mom huffed and rolled her eyes and declared "Ugh, fine!" then ushered her group back. The PP turned to me and just stared, speechless.

So I said thank you, moved into place for my photos. I then asked the PP to do a photo with my phone, and at this point she was super nice to me, and took extra care to line my phone picture up just perfectly. So much so, that I got one of my favorite photos of the entire trip (because it has both Cinderella Castle AND the lights of Main Street in it), and is currently my profile picture on Facebook (despite the fact that my shirt is all whomper-jawwed)...

20150425_213505-1.jpg

I got my phone back from the PP photographer, thanked her, then looked right at that Mom in the other group and smiled my brightest Disney smile and said "Ya'll have a great night!" And then hopped back on my scooter, and rode off in the crowd...

81u9baF58QmBO.gif

And they all lived happily ever after. princess:

Then I made my way over to the FP+ viewing area for Wishes. It wasn't where I was expecting, but it was still good! Had I got there earlier, it actually would have been kinda perfect. But by the time I arrived, all the good spots against the railings were taken, and I wasn't loving the light pole in front of the castle. But overall, not so bad! I was just behind some folks, and had to stand for the show, but that's fine. I got a few good pics, too! I was really curious to see how my new phone's camera did with night time photos, especially fireworks, since I didn't get any good ones last year...

20150425_220414-1.jpg

20150425_221024-1.jpg

20150425_221124-1.jpg

20150425_221145-1.jpg

20150425_221152-1.jpg

20150425_221153-1.jpg

20150425_221200-1.jpg

20150425_221218-1.jpg

20150425_2212200-1.jpg

Afterwards, I scooted right up to the castle-side of the hub, and waited for Celebrate the Magic. It's my favorite part, and makes me cry every time.

And. I took WAY WAY WAY too many pictures. Sorry about this. Here we go!

20150425_223254.jpg

20150425_223630.jpg

20150425_223735.jpg

20150425_223746.jpg

20150425_223811.jpg

20150425_223824.jpg

20150425_224023.jpg

20150425_224051.jpg

20150425_224059.jpg

20150425_224119.jpg

20150425_224236.jpg

20150425_224349.jpg

20150425_224401.jpg

20150425_224438.jpg

20150425_224505.jpg

20150425_224510.jpg

20150425_224514.jpg

20150425_224524.jpg

20150425_224544.jpg

Up Next... Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours!

It looks like you got some *really* good phone fireworks pictures - what kind of phone is it, again?

I've got the iPhone 5s, myself, and the camera quality is a huge step above the android I had before, but it kinda "skews" pictures a little bit. Am not sure how it will do with fireworks. My "upgrade" eligibility comes anew right before our trip is scheduled, so I might maybe be in the market again soon. :)

You got some amazing pics!! So rude of that mom to try to jump in front of you for the PP....good thing ONE of the teenagers was actually nice!!! Way to go for speaking up though! I love all the night shots...I rarely have made it staying late enough for all that because I usually have little kids with me! Hoping that in October with my DD - now 9...we will be able to catch a night time show at least once...we have seen MSEP but Wishes I haven't seen in MANY years...and those night time castle pics are amazing!

I'm finally caught up!!! :thumbsup2

Yay for your road-time Rice Krispies. If it'd been me in that car with that stress, I'd have probably eaten them all! :rotfl: And OMG speaking of, I would have been a mess on the drive given the Enterprise delay already, coupled with the insane traffic! :eek: So, like I'd already said in your dining report, that cocktail at Boma was VERY well deserved. ::yes::

OMG on check-in (your first one anyway... :sad2:). Geez. The beginning of your trip was not without its struggles, huh? Glad you came away with another park hopper at least! :thumbsup2

I LOVE the castle picture of you! And might I add again how beautiful your new haircut is?! :cutie: And I LOVE the face paint!

So glad that things got squared away before your BoG ADR so you didn't have to worry about doing a reimbursement and all that jazz.

Your resort and room photos are GORGEOUS! And I love your new park bag! :thumbsup2

So happy that you spoke up for yourself with the group of teens/moms. Not cool at all :sad2: But wow was it worth it because that night-time picture of you is just perfect!!! :cloud9:

People ... :rolleyes2

Yay for the nice girl ... but from this I'm guessing only the mom was from Jersey, not the kids ... there are no nice people in Jersey (as a NYer, I'm allowed to say such things).

I love this picture!!!!

You got some really nice fireworks pictures. I think my favorite is ...
But it's hard to choose because they were all great!

So, interesting (to me at least) story ... this is the first "scene" from Celebrate the Magic that I ever saw. It was October 2013, and Beth & I were sitting at Cosmic Ray's eating dinner, and from my seat I could see the castle. Mostly I was paying attention to my food, but I did look up at one point and see what looked like bricks on the castle ... I hadn't seen Wreck-It Ralph yet, but I eventually realized that it was something from the movie projected onto the castle, and I thought it was so cool. And that's when I decided that on my next trip, I had to see Celebrate the Magic.

I love all the Celebrate the Magic pictures - you got a lot of really great night pictures!

1. Those are beautiful fireworks pics pixiedust:
2. I think those are the BEST most PERFECT projection show pics I have ever seen!!

Love your new bag! The castle photos are awesome...the colors are so vibrant. Those bunnies are cute! I prefer them to the snakes, bugs, and the alligators my boys are hoping to meet.
Your picture on Main Street is lovely..

Yay another update!! :) Good for you for speaking up about your spot with the PP Photographer. I don't understand people getting huffy, if someone told me they were before me...I would apologize and step back...seems pretty easy to me! Oh well...you ended up with a great picture, I love that the Castle and the lights of Main Street were captured!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter