• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Big Fat Disney Solo Weekend: April 2015 Trip Report - COMPLETED

DAY 2
April 25th, 2015 - Saturday

More Magic Kingdom!

Let's see. When we left off on our last chapter, I was just arriving to Magic Kingdom...

20150425_095723-1.jpg

I was going for SUPER EXCITED, but I just look like I'm yawning. I swear, I was absolutely BURSTING at this point, not falling asleep! :lmao:

Also. So... Many... People... :faint:

But alas! Off exploring I went! I bee-lined it for Tomorrowland, but the Space Mountain standby line was already an hour long... NO THANKS!

So then I scooted on over to my biggest Disney World guilty pleasure, which I knew to be located in this area... If you paid attention to the Intro to this TR, or to my most recent avatar pic, you know what's coming next:

20150425_101859-1.jpg

I know it only lasts for one day, but for that one day it makes me SO FREAKIN HAPPY. :cutie:

The design was originally shades of blue, but I asked the artist if she could do shades of princess pink for me instead, and this was the end result. I LOVED it!!! :lovestruc

While in Tomorrowland, I also peeped the line for Buzz Lightyear, but it was up to 30 minutes, and I just wasn't feeling it, and so I decided to wait and check it out again later that night during Extra Magic Hours.

Onward to Storybook Circus, an area that I mostly overlooked on my previous trip in September. I had a very specific goal in mind... a picture with Minnie Mouse in her adorable pink circus outfit! So I hopped in her and Daisy's line, and it was only 15 minutes. Hooray!

Daisy was very boring. She did not seem at all happy to see me. Whatever.

20150425_103358-1.jpg

Minnie, however, did NOT disappoint! The photographer asked me to go ahead and move my ECV to the other side of her photo area, near the exit, before we did the pictures, so I did, and Minnie ran over and was sort creeping along beside me and acting like she was driving a car next to me, pantomiming handling a steering wheel and honking a horn. Everybody in line was dying laughing, and I was cracking up too. Once I got my ECV in place, I jumped off it and hurried back to her, and she gave me a huge hug! She also kept pointing to my tiara and my face paint. :cutie:

20150425_103805-1.jpg

At this point I just sort cruised through New Fantasyland, looking around, just enjoying being there. My wanderings took me over to Mickey's Philharmagic, which had been down for refurbishment on my last trip, and I was sad to have missed it. It only had a 20 minute wait time posted, so on into the queue I went!

20150425_110403-1.jpg

This picture... I amuse me. :D (Later when I was in line for another ride, I was going through my photos on my phone, and some nosy lady behind me must have been watching my screen because I hear "Oh my God, you're flashing gang signs at your friends back home?!" I about fell off my scooter laughing...)

Also, I'd forgotten just how much I love Mickey's Philharmagic! Especially the Aladdin scene. It's just so well done! :goodvibes

After that, I was off to check out the wait for the Haunted Mansion! It was only at 30 minutes, and I needed to kill time before my first FP+ of the day, so I went ahead and rode. Managed one photo while I was in the stretching room...

20150425_113940.jpg

After the Haunted Mansion, I had just enough time to boogie back into New Fantasyland for my FP+... for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! I do love it so, and I was so excited to get a last-minute FP+ for it just a couple weeks prior! So much fun! (I kinda wish that I was on Memory Maker for this trip, just for this photo and video, but I really couldn't see paying that kind of money for only 2 days in the parks!)

After 7DMT, I still had about 45 minutes until my lunch ADR, so I popped into the MDE app to check wait times in the area. Looked like the Little Mermaid ride only had a 20 minute wait, so I pointed myself back that direction. By the time I got there, the standby sign said 30 minutes, but I figured that would still work out fine, and take me right up to my ADR time.

Well... It lied. :eek: The wait time was more like 40 minutes. So I was a tiny bit late to my ADR... but they still accommodated me, thank goodness!

Oh, and I forgot to mention where this ADR was for!

20150425_123912.jpg

Be Our Guest!!!

I'd done dinner here in September, but this was my first lunch, so I was super excited to check it out! I had done the online pre-ordering, and MAAAAN was I glad! The line for people waiting for the ordering kiosks was crazy long!! :eek: I was so happy to be able to walk right past them all, and go straight to a register.

At this point, I still hadn't heard anything about POFQ, so I explained about my check-in debacle that morning, and asked the CM to go ahead and scan my MB to see if my dining plan credits were activated yet. He said yep, no problem, they're all right here!

Hooray! So he was able to ring me up, no sweat, and then I headed straight for a table! Oh oh oh. And what an amazing table I got, by the way...

20150425_123759.jpg

How perfect is that? I had a lovely view of both the ballroom, and the snow falling outside the window. :goodvibes

My food arrived relatively quickly, and once it was there to hold my table for me, I went to the drinks and silverware station to grab my needed supply, then was back at my table and ready to dig in! It looked DELICIOUS and smelled even better, but I restrained myself for photos...

20150425_124402-1.jpg

20150425_130339-1.jpg

As usual, for my complete thoughts on my Be Our Guest lunch, feel free to visit my Dining Report thread by clicking HERE!

When I was done eating, I lingered a moment to give a call over to POFQ, to find out the status of things. Turned out that yes, their computers were back up, and yes, I had been checked-in to the system and yes, my room was assigned and ready, #6108, and yes, both of my requests were able to be accomodated (Ground Floor and Corner Room). I never got a text or email, though, so I'm glad I called. As I'd already discovered, my Dining Plan was activated and good for use, the only thing they hadn't done was set up my room charge account. The CM took care of that over the phone for me, and then all was right in the World again. :goodvibes

aQYR1p8saOQla.gif

After lunch, I checked the time, and figured I probably had enough time for a ride or two before finding a spot to view the afternoon parade. I headed on down through Frontierland, and saw a 25 minute wait for Big Thunder Mountain. Hmm. That'll do nicely! :thumbsup2

This is one that ECVs and wheelchairs can't go through the regular queue, so I was given a return time ticket for 25 minutes later. That was fine by me, I took the time to go hit up a snack kiosk for some water, then just parked in the shade under a tree near the river, watching people cross on the rafts over to Tom Sawyer Island, and relaxed a bit until it was my time. They let me on through about 5 minutes early, and I was on the wildest ride in the wilderness! :hyper:

After that, it was time for me to go find my spot for the Festival of Fantasy parade. Some of you might remember from my last TR how much I had been looking forward to seeing this, and it got rained out at the last minute. I was SUPER bummed out about it! :sad:

But today the weather was gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky! I found a CM that was walking the parade route, and asked him for directions to the nearest ECV/wheelchair section, and he pointed to probably the most perfect spot ever in the Liberty Square. After I got myself backed-in and situated, I took this photo of my view...

20150425_145727-1.jpg

Pretty cool, right? :goodvibes

While I was waiting for the parade to start, I decided that a phone call to the scooter company was in order. Remember how I mentioned noticing that morning how they had brought me one of their older models? Well, as predicted, I started having problems with it through out the day:

1.) The first thing I noticed was every so often when I would put the key in and turn it into the On position, then hit the accelerator, nothing would happen. So I would have to keep pulling the key completely out and putting it back in until it worked. Annoying, but manageable.

2.) Then I noticed that the padding on the left arm rest was completely falling off, letting the interior foam rubber hang out. That bothered me more, because seriously, how freakin' ghetto is that? I mean, seriously.

3.) And the final straw came when at 2:30pm, when my battery indicator was already in the red. Nope. Nuh uh. Not okay.

s4AQve5NMsFcQ.gif

So I called, and started off by explaining to the girl that this was why I had specifically requested one of their newer models, and she pretty much gave me some attitude about how it's very busy time of year for them, and you get what you get. Well, I was in NO mood, so I "politely" told her all the crappy things wrong with the scooter they sent, as well as reminded her that I'm not only a repeat customer, but also a Disney-Authorized travel agent who books their company often for my clients. That softened her up real quick. :rolleyes2

So she sent out a guy with a replacement scooter for me. We arranged to meet up by MKs scooter rental location at 4:00pm, so I could watch the parade, and it would be an easy spot for us to find each other.

And now with all of that arranged, it was just about time for a Festival of Fantasy!!! Sadly, I don't have any photos of the parade, because I decided to try my hand at doing a video instead for the first time... and I totally messed it up. :laughing: It's SIDEWAYS, and I don't know how to upload it so that it's right-side up! So if anybody wants to help me with that, I'll totally add the video later... :rolleyes1

But I digress! I. LOVED. THIS. PARADE. :lovestruc I think it actually beats out MSEP for me. Which I didn't think any parade ever would. But I just... I can't even describe... like... words are hard... I just LOVED the FoF parade! I'm so so so happy I finally got to see it! :cloud9:

This was pretty much me the whole time...

13jrOzzLlqqFZC.gif

I followed the parade and the masses down Main Street, to get to my meeting spot with the scooter dude. I picked a good spot in the shade but where I was still noticeable. I was a little early, so I did some shopping in the little store there by the rental counter.

Eventually, 4:15pm rolls around... Still no dude. On a longer trip, I wouldn't be terribly fussed, but on a two-day trip, I really don't have time for this crap. >:( I called and got the same girl, who put me on hold to check with the driver. Turns out he had gotten delayed on I-4. Well, after my traffic nightmare the night before, I was a little more understanding about that. And he did call about 5 minutes later to let me know he was on the property, and to check and make sure our meeting place was the same.

He was a SUPER DUPER nice guy, and when I told him all the problems with the ECV, and showed him where the armrest was falling apart in pieces, even he was like "Wow. Okay yeah, I'm SO sorry about that."

Sadly, the replacement one he brought me was still one of their older ones. I can't even.

Al5p1GPnELZFS.gif

However, I'm happy to report that it was fabulous and it held up more than fine for me for the rest of the trip... even after a night of me forgetting to plug it in and charge it. (More on that later.) Doh! :headache:

After that, it was FINALLY time for my FP+ for my most favorite thing in Magic Kingdom... Splash Mountain! So I headed back down Main Street and through Frontierland, and on into the FP+ queue! There was a bit of a back up in the ECV/wheelchair lane, so I had to wait for a few minutes. I didn't mind though, I was still just happy to be there!

20150425_164616-1.jpg

Finally it was my turn! I don't remember closing my eyes, or if I was just looking down, or if they caught me mid-blink...

20150425_171014-1.jpg

Yeah, I was too cheap to buy photos this time. Don't judge me! :lmao:

Also, I had forgotten just how soaked you get in that front seat... But my face paint actually survived for the most part!...

20150425_171218-1.jpg

...But my hair? Yeah, not so much. :rotfl:

After that, I meandered on into Adventureland to hit up Pirates of the Caribbean. It had a 30 minute wait, but it's one where ECVs cannot go through the line at all, you have to transfer to a manual wheelchair. My arms are not strong enough for that, so I decided to pass and check back during EMH. ::yes::

As I cruised through Adventureland, I came across Sunshine Tree Terrace (in the old Aloha Isle location), and remembered one of my Facebook friends asking me to have a Citrus Swirl for her. I'd never tried one, so I figured, why not!

20150425_173315-1.jpg

I even took a picture of my first bite for her...

20150425_173358-1.jpg

Sadly, there weren't many bites after that. :sad2: The orange just was NOT my thing. I was over it pretty quickly, and threw about half of it away. But! That being said, I'm still glad that I tried it! (It DID, however, leave me with a real hankering for some good old-fashioned vanilla soft serve!)

At this point and I was starting to tucker out a little. I was really curious about my room at POFQ, too. I didn't have anything else on my agenda until Wishes that night. Any attractions I wanted to do but hadn't yet, I could check those out during EMH. It was about 5:00pm, so I decided a resort break was in order for a couple of hours!

Up Next... Exploring Port Orleans French Quarter!

Last edited:
Great TR so far!! You have done a lot despite the ECV issues and such!! And a FREE 1 day hopper? How awesome is that?? It is lucky that you live close enough to know you will likely be able to use it soon too so that's a plus as well. I can't wait to see about your room and also I hope there are pics...as I said..thisclose to booking at POFQ and have never stayed at any of the moderates so can't wait!

Love the face paint!

I'm so glad you and Minnie had such a great meet (daisy was a little boring for us too, but I thought maybe she's just a little sour cuz she's gotta know everyone's there to see Minnie! :laughing:)

Wow! You got a lot done before the parade!

I love that festival parade too! And we're not really parade people. It's definitely my favorite!

For such a quick trip, I can't believe all the issues you were having. So disappointing, but at least it turned out well.

Love you haunted pic. Are you a blood or a crypt?

Your FoF spot looks ideal. I hadn't seen a parade in years and finally made time last trip. What a magical experience.

Your orange swirl selfie literally has be laughing on the couch and my husband thinking I'm crazy ; ) gonna have to try a spot shot myself one of these days ; )

That late start would have driven me crazy. :crazy2: And then the rental car delay :( and then the traffic. :drive: At least you had a nice Camry and you made it in time for dinner. :)

I seem to have brought a cold back home with me. :crazy2:
DH caught a cold on our trip, too. At least he didn't start getting sick until the last full day. Did your cold last a long time? His was terrible but didn't last long.

She hands me a FREE 1-Day Park Hopper ticket, to go play and have fun, on them. For the inconvenience.

I'm glad the computer inconvenience gave you this nice little bonus!

Once the band had passed and the PP photographers resumed their places, I stopped for the required Magic Kingdom photo!

20150425_095302-1-1.jpg

I'm heeeeeeere!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! :hyper:

What a great shot - just the most perfect moment in the most perfect place in the world! And you look so happy!

Very pretty - love it!

It sounds like a cute meet with Minnie! We didn't make it back here while we were in Storybook Circus but it seems like a cute meet!

Also, I'd forgotten just how much I love Mickey's Philharmagic! Especially the Aladdin scene. It's just so well done! :goodvibes

This was a big hit with us! I think we saw it 3 times during our trip!

At this point, I still hadn't heard anything about POFQ, so I explained about my check-in debacle that morning, and asked the CM to go ahead and scan my MB to see if my dining plan credits were activated yet. He said yep, no problem, they're all right here!

:cool1: So happy it all worked out without much fuss to worry about!

Great spot! We were right there in front of the Hall of Presidents for MNSSHP. I remember my mom resting on the brick wall under the sign!

However, I'm happy to report that it was fabulous and it held up more than fine for me for the rest of the trip

I'm so happy this worked out and that they were so helpful..after you pulled your TA card, of course! :rotfl:

It looks like a fun ride on Splash! Excited to hear about POFQ and your late night at MK!

That's what we pay them the big bucks for, right?!

Yeah... Tell that to the computer..

I never got a text or email, though, so I'm glad I called.

I NEVER did get a text either in Sept! i think they are all full of beans about that texting crap.

Ok this one had me laughing...

but also a Disney-Authorized travel agent who books their company often for my clients. That softened her up real quick.

amazing isn't it? what a brat. I think it's time they retired some of their older EVCs... that's not good...

I finally made it over. I finished my last class for the semester so now I have some dis time. Great updates. Jacksonville is always the worse. I swear they have been doing construction on that road for the last 20 years.

:wave2::wave2:
Hi Billie! I just got finished reading your last TR and your PTR and saw that you had started this one! So I thought I would sneak on over :tiptoe:

I also decided that I deserved a cocktail after the stress of the last couple hours...

:thumbsup2 Or two...or three...:rolleyes1:drinking1

I get up to the desk and she tells me that their computers are completely down. :confused3
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Daisy was very boring. She did not seem at all happy to see me. Whatever.
20150425_103358-1.jpg

Seriously Daisy? What is your problem? She was probs just jealous of your tiara when all she had was a scarf!
:bride:

20150425_110403-1.jpg

This picture... I amuse me. :D (Later when I was in line for another ride, I was going through my photos on my phone, and some nosy lady behind me must have been watching my screen because I hear "Oh my God, you're flashing gang signs at your friends back home?!" I about fell off my scooter laughing...)

OMG can I be in your gang? Pink face paint, tiaras and 3D glasses??
Yep that's just how we roll in the Dis-hood! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Also, I had forgotten just how soaked you get in that front seat... But my face paint actually survived for the most part!...

20150425_171218-1.jpg

...But my hair? Yeah, not so much. :rotfl:

Stacey did you warn you! The curse of Splash...ruining hair styles since 1992!
:boat:

I have been following along, and we JUST booked POFQ with a pin code for December, so I can't wait to hear about your room! :banana:

Great TR so far!! You have done a lot despite the ECV issues and such!!
That's one of bonuses of traveling solo... You get through stuff QUICK! :thumbsup2

And a FREE 1 day hopper? How awesome is that?? It is lucky that you live close enough to know you will likely be able to use it soon too so that's a plus as well.
Oh, I've always got a trip on the horizon... Even if it's the distant horizon... ::yes:: I can't handle the Depression of not having one to look forward to!

I can't wait to see about your room and also I hope there are pics...as I said..this close to booking at POFQ and have never stayed at any of the moderates so can't wait!
Oh, so many many pictures... POFQ will have it's very own update, so many pics... :eek:

Love the face paint!
Thanks! Me too! :cutie:

I'm so glad you and Minnie had such a great meet (daisy was a little boring for us too, but I thought maybe she's just a little sour cuz she's gotta know everyone's there to see Minnie! :laughing:)
You're probably right. She did seem a little bitter. :rotfl:

Wow! You got a lot done before the parade!
And it's a good thing too, because after the parade I was starting to get pooped! :faint:

I love that festival parade too! And we're not really parade people. It's definitely my favorite!
I've only ever really dug the night time parades because OOH PRETTY LIGHTS. This is the first time a daytime parade has really made me fall in love. :lovestruc

For such a quick trip, I can't believe all the issues you were having. So disappointing, but at least it turned out well.
I know, right?! It was as if the universe was like "Oh, you're only there for 3 nights? Here, let me know a WHOLE BUNCHA TIME-SUCKING CRAP at you! Have fun!" >:( But all things considered, I think I handled it pretty well and still had a great trip! :goodvibes

Love you haunted pic. Are you a blood or a crypt?
Bahahaha! That lady, I swear. I was dying. :rotfl:

Your FoF spot looks ideal. I hadn't seen a parade in years and finally made time last trip. What a magical experience.
Yes! It's a WONDERFUL parade, I just loved it! :lovestruc

Your orange swirl selfie literally has be laughing on the couch and my husband thinking I'm crazy ; ) gonna have to try a spot shot myself one of these days ; )
When you enjoy traveling solo as much as I do, you develop mad selfie skills. :laughing:

That late start would have driven me crazy. :crazy2: And then the rental car delay :( and then the traffic. :drive: At least you had a nice Camry and you made it in time for dinner. :)
It was pretty maddening, but the nice car did help a lot, plus I DID make it for dinner, so all's well that end well. :goodvibes

DH caught a cold on our trip, too. At least he didn't start getting sick until the last full day. Did your cold last a long time? His was terrible but didn't last long.
So it's not just me?! Mine has dragged on forever. I've missed 3 days of work. It started with a sore throat on Monday, then sniffles on Tuesday, and by Wednesday I was absolutely miserable, so I called out sick. Yesterday there was still no improvement, so I called out again and went to the doctor, who gave me antibiotics and steroids, but told me to stay home again today, in case I'm contagious. I am finally starting to feel a little better, and I'm back to the office tomorrow. My boss isn't happy, but what can ya do, you know? :confused3

I'm glad the computer inconvenience gave you this nice little bonus!
You and me both, girl! Definitely made up for the added stress! :thumbsup2

What a great shot - just the most perfect moment in the most perfect place in the world! And you look so happy!
Yessss! This one is a contender for framing. I love it! :goodvibes

Very pretty - love it!
Thank you!!! :cutie:

It sounds like a cute meet with Minnie! We didn't make it back here while we were in Storybook Circus but it seems like a cute meet!
It really was! I'm so glad that I did it! ::MinnieMo

This was a big hit with us! I think we saw it 3 times during our trip!
Yes! I hated missing it in September, so I was thrilled to get to see it this time! :goodvibes

:cool1: So happy it all worked out without much fuss to worry about!
Yeah! I probably was more upset about it that morning than necessary, since it did get resolved quickly. But hey. Free ticket! :laughing:

Great spot! We were right there in front of the Hall of Presidents for MNSSHP. I remember my mom resting on the brick wall under the sign!
Yes, it was perfect viewing area! ::yes::

I'm so happy this worked out and that they were so helpful..after you pulled your TA card, of course! :rotfl:
I hated having to pull that card, but come on! You know? :laughing:

It looks like a fun ride on Splash!
It really was! I kinda wish now that I had gone again during EMH! ::yes::

Excited to hear about POFQ and your late night at MK!
Those posts are coming soon, I promise! :thumbsup2

Pink AND sparkly face paint - but of course, one must coordinate one's face paint with one's sparkly tiara and outfit!
Absolutely! princess:

Loving your report, and so glad they were able to fix up your scooter withing a semi reasonable time frame.
Yeah, I love them because their customer service (usually) is out of this world... But they do need to retire a lot of their scooters, I think. Of the four scooters I've had from them, three of them have been older ones that they've tried to fix up and keep in service. I'm very seriously considering trying another company next time. I'm also thinking about writing a letting about my experience, just to see what they have to say. :scratchin

FoF Parade - yippee, so much fun!
It was so wonderful! :goodvibes

Yeah... Tell that to the computer..
You can't tell computers anything! :badpc:

I NEVER did get a text either in Sept! i think they are all full of beans about that texting crap.
I know, right?! I see TRs here of people saying they got a text, but I sure never have! :confused3

amazing isn't it? what a brat. I think it's time they retired some of their older EVCs... that's not good...
Yeah, it definitely is. Most of the them it seems the horn doesn't work, so they attach bicycle bells onto them. And that second one they brought me, the headlight was out, so they strapped a miniature LED flashlight to the handle. :sad2: Their customer service is great, but their inventory of scooters is getting pretty beat up. I might try another company for my December trip.

I finally made it over. I finished my last class for the semester so now I have some dis time. Great updates.
Hi, Bethislucy! So glad you're here! :hug:

Jacksonville is always the worse. I swear they have been doing construction on that road for the last 20 years.
FOR REAL, THOUGH!!! It's insane!!! :eek:

Hi Billie! I just got finished reading your last TR and your PTR and saw that you had started this one! So I thought I would sneak on over :tiptoe:
Awww, that's great! I'm so glad that you enjoyed those, and that you're here now! :hug:

:thumbsup2 Or two...or three...:rolleyes1:drinking1
If I didn't have to drive after dinner, you bet I would have. :rotfl:

Seriously Daisy? What is your problem? She was probs just jealous of your tiara when all she had was a scarf!
Probably. She was pretty snobby. :snooty:

OMG can I be in your gang? Pink face paint, tiaras and 3D glasses??
Yep that's just how we roll in the Dis-hood! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Stacey did you warn you! The curse of Splash...ruining hair styles since 1992!
No kidding... I should have heeded her cautionary tale! :sad2: (Not that it would have stopped me...)

I have been following along, and we JUST booked POFQ with a pin code for December, so I can't wait to hear about your room! :banana:
Great, I'm so glad you're here! Welcome! There will be LOTS of photos of POFQ in my next update! :thumbsup2 Also, if you haven't already, there Official December 2015 thread is HERE, if you want to get in on the fun over there! :santa:

Reading here too :goodvibes
Hooray! So glad to have you here! :hug:

Okay, I finally found a few minutes to sit down and read and respond...

nibbled on a rice krispy treat and a Starbucks bottled coffee I'd brought with me

That sounds like my breakfast every day. Except substitute cereal for the rice krispy treat once in a while (and a granola bar for the rice krispy treat on other days ... I really don't eat many rice krispy treats. But lots of Starbucks coffee, both bottled and from stores).

I get up to the desk and she tells me that their computers are completely down. :confused3

What? Not cool!

She hands me a FREE 1-Day Park Hopper ticket, to go play and have fun, on them. For the inconvenience. :eek:

Yay! I'm kinda jealous ... all I ever get when I have problems is fastpasses! (then again, my problems are very often with fastpasses...)

now I have a free day linked to my account to use when I'm ready!)

Yay!!

20150425_095302-1-1.jpg

I'm heeeeeeere!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! :hyper:

You made it to Magic Kingdom! Yay!!!

I love your excited face!

Minnie, however, did NOT disappoint! The photographer asked me to go ahead and move my ECV to the other side of her photo area, near the exit, before we did the pictures, so I did, and Minnie ran over and was sort creeping along beside me and acting like she was driving a car next to me, pantomiming handling a steering wheel and honking a horn. Everybody in line was dying laughing, and I was cracking up too. Once I got my ECV in place, I jumped off it and hurried back to her, and she gave me a huge hug! She also kept pointing to my tiara and my face paint. :cutie:

I love when characters have fun with guests! Although, really, it's Minnie Mouse, are we really supposed to believe she drives her own car and doesn't have a driver?
I'm so glad you got to meet Daisy & Minnie ... I hope the wait wasn't too bad!

Yay! Finally things were fixed!

So I called, and started off by explaining to the girl that this was why I had specifically requested one of their newer models, and she pretty much gave me some attitude about how it's very busy time of year for them, and you get what you get. Well, I was in NO mood, so I "politely" told her all the crappy things wrong with the scooter they sent, as well as reminded her that I'm not only a repeat customer, but also a Disney-Authorized travel agent who books their company often for my clients. That softened her up real quick. :rolleyes2

I hate when customer service people are not very nice ... I'm glad she at lost got better once she realized who she was dealing with!

But I digress! I. LOVED. THIS. PARADE. :lovestruc I think it actually beats out MSEP for me. Which I didn't think any parade ever would. But I just... I can't even describe... like... words are hard... I just LOVED the FoF parade! I'm so so so happy I finally got to see it! :cloud9:

I'm so glad that you got to see it and you loved it!
The way people keep talking about this parade ... I feel like maybe I should see it some time. Everyone seems to love it.

However, I'm happy to report that it was fabulous and it held up more than fine for me for the rest of the trip... even after a night of me forgetting to plug it in and charge it. (More on that later.) Doh! :headache:

Good to hear - it's always nice when things work as they are supposed to!

Sounds like a great start to the day at MK!!

Glad to hear you had a good time with Minnie. Have you ever met Pooh and Friends? I thought the citrus twist looked good, though I've never had a Dole Whip and I've heard more about that. It looks like you had a great spot for the parade. I can't wait to see it!! Tell me more!
Gail

20150425_095723-1.jpg

I was going for SUPER EXCITED, but I just look like I'm yawning. I swear, I was absolutely BURSTING at this point, not falling asleep! :lmao:

Yup, that's how I look in Magic Kingdom as well. Tiara and all. :blush: And no, you look excited!

Not gonna lie Billie, face painting is on my bucket list.

Awww, I love that Minnie put in the extra effort, especially since she was the main one you wanted to see anyway.

Switch Aladdin scene with Ariel scene and I'm right there with ya!

I'm starting to wonder why they even offer a texting option since it never seems to work. Or at least it seems to be very sporadic. :confused3

EEEEEE, I may have had the luxury of that FoF parade spot in January. Maybe. ;)

In regards to your video, most video editing software will allow you to flip the video. :thumbsup2

But yeah... Love this parade.

Okay, I finally found a few minutes to sit down and read and respond...
Hooray! :hyper:

That sounds like my breakfast every day. Except substitute cereal for the rice krispy treat once in a while (and a granola bar for the rice krispy treat on other days ... I really don't eat many rice krispy treats. But lots of Starbucks coffee, both bottled and from stores).
I'm not much of a rice krispy treat person usually either... Except when they're free, and homemade by my mama. :rotfl:

Yay! I'm kinda jealous ... all I ever get when I have problems is fastpasses! (then again, my problems are very often with fastpasses...)
Thankfully, I've never had a FP+ problem! Just check-in issues. Last year's check-in issues got me 3 extra FP+s, this years got me a free 1-Day Hopper. I'm okay with it. :laughing:

You made it to Magic Kingdom! Yay!!!
I sure did! It was a big big day! :goodvibes

I love your excited face!
I like to think I kinda look like this guy: :hyper:

I love when characters have fun with guests! Although, really, it's Minnie Mouse, are we really supposed to believe she drives her own car and doesn't have a driver?
I know, right?! That's so true! :rotfl:

I'm so glad you got to meet Daisy & Minnie ... I hope the wait wasn't too bad!
It wasn't at all! 15 minutes was pretty accurate. It was totally worth it! :thumbsup2

Yay! Finally things were fixed!
Yes! And much faster than I thought they would be. I was really worried that morning, but it all worked out fine. :goodvibes

I hate when customer service people are not very nice ... I'm glad she at lost got better once she realized who she was dealing with!
I hated to be "that caller" throwing my weight around, but really. Being in customer service myself for 20 years, I think I just have a lower tolerance for that sort of crap when I call somebody. :cool:

I'm so glad that you got to see it and you loved it!
The way people keep talking about this parade ... I feel like maybe I should see it some time. Everyone seems to love it.
It really really is worth taking the time to see. It's the parade they've ever done, I think. I was blown away. :eek:

Sounds like a great start to the day at MK!!
It wasn't bad! I really enjoyed myself! :cutie:

Glad to hear you had a good time with Minnie.
She was super adorable! ::MinnieMo

Have you ever met Pooh and Friends?
I have, twice! I did Crystal Palace 10 years ago, and then I met them again the next year at Animal Kingdom. It's been a long time, though, obvious. So I have CP on the agenda for our December trip! pooh:

I thought the citrus twist looked good, though I've never had a Dole Whip and I've heard more about that.
I'm definitely a Dole Whip girl! I thought I'd try the Citrus Swirl this time at the insistence of my friend. But nope, henceforth, strictly Dole Whips! :cutie:

It looks like you had a great spot for the parade. I can't wait to see it!! Tell me more!
Gail
It was WONDERFUL! I can't wait for you to see it, either! It's MAGICAL! :tink:

Yup, that's how I look in Magic Kingdom as well. Tiara and all. :blush:
Pics or it didn't happen, Rob. princess:

And no, you look excited!
Oh, good! Long as I don't seem like I'm about to pass out! :p

Not gonna lie Billie, face painting is on my bucket list.
Dooooo eeeeeeet! It's the best! :thumbsup2

Awww, I love that Minnie put in the extra effort, especially since she was the main one you wanted to see anyway.
Yes! She was super adorable! :cutie:

Switch Aladdin scene with Ariel scene and I'm right there with ya!
You're biased. :rolleyes:

I'm starting to wonder why they even offer a texting option since it never seems to work. Or at least it seems to be very sporadic. :confused3
It's a myth. I'm convinced. ::yes::

EEEEEE, I may have had the luxury of that FoF parade spot in January. Maybe. ;)
I saw the pic! It's a GREAT spot! :woohoo:

In regards to your video, most video editing software will allow you to flip the video. :thumbsup2
Any suggestion for some free, dummy-proof software? I'm a total noob to this stuff! :scared:

But yeah... Love this parade.
Me tooooooo! :lovestruc

Checking in and trying to catch up!
Hooray!!! You're here!!! I'm so glad!!! :hug:

DAY 2
April 25th, 2015 - Saturday

Exploring Port Orleans French Quarter!

I exited Magic Kingdom and made my way back to the bus stop for POFQ, and it was only a few minutes before our bus came along. Up the ramp and into place my ECV we went, and everybody else boarded, and we were off. Upon getting back to POFQ, I popped by the check-in desk just to make sure everything was good to go. It was, and the CM went through the "official" check-in process with me this time, gave me the resort recreation schedule, the map of the resort... the things I didn't get that morning. That was nice! :cutie:

As I headed out towards my room, I took a photo detour! Get ready, because there's a lot of them!

General Resort Photos

20150425_085701-1.jpg

20150425_085844-1.jpg

20150425_182326-1.jpg

20150425_182401-1.jpg

20150425_182418-1.jpg

20150425_182511-1.jpg

20150425_182543-1.jpg

20150425_182547-1.jpg

20150425_182656-1.jpg

20150425_182805-1.jpg

20150425_182856-1.jpg

20150425_182231-1.jpg

20150425_182941-1.jpg

20150425_183009-1.jpg

My Room - Building 6, Room #6108

20150425_183101-1.jpg

20150427_082510-1.jpg

20150425_183435-1.jpg

20150425_183506-1.jpg

20150425_183543-1.jpg

20150425_183618-1-1.jpg

20150425_183627-1.jpg

20150425_183658-1.jpg

20150425_183710-1.jpg

20150425_183735-1.jpg

I loved it! I have to admit, as content as I am in a Value resort, I really do just enjoy the feel of the Moderates so much more. I was in love with the whole property, but especially my beautiful room! :lovestruc

Since I was settling in, I decided to go ahead and call down to Bell Services to have my bags delivered. I settled in, and while I was waiting for them, I started switching my park bags.

Oh, wait! I totally forgot to mention in the last update... Remember how while I was waiting on the ECV dude to bring me my replacement scooter, I was poking around in the little shop right there?

Well, being as pooh-shaped as I am, I am always on the look-out for bags that have a long enough strap for my to wear cross-body. I do like the trusty purple one you have seen in my pics thus far, but it only has one pocket and then one large section... So sometimes it feels like I'm wearing a sack. So During my September trip and since, I've been keeping an eye out for something a little more compact, with more pockets. I often find things I like, but then when I check the strap, it's a few inches too short, or more.

Well, I came across one in that shop, and lo and behold... it worked! The strap was the same length as my purple bag! So... I snatched it up!

20150425_190857-1.jpg

Cute, right? :cutie:

My bags arrived, and I unpacked a little, mainly getting my waters and bottled Starbucks into the fridge. Then I forced myself to lay down for a bit... It was hard, because I wanted to keep working on settling in! But I came back to rest, so I was going to force myself to rest. I knew I wouldn't sleep, but I needed to at least chill out. So I laid back for maybe 20 minutes, then started thinking about the time and dinner.

Originally I had planned on hitting Friar's Nook in the Magic Kingdom for dinner, because I'm super curious about that Pot Roast Mac N Cheese! But I ended up deciding that time-wise, it would probably be better for me to head down to the food court there at the resort for dinner, that way when I got back to MK, I could head straight to the Wishes FP+ viewing area. So. That's what I did!

I got back up and grabbed my sassy new Disney park bag, and headed back to Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory! Along the way, I saw this great window for the Jackson Square gift shop...

20150425_203029-1.jpg

When I got to the food court, there was a live performer at Scat Cats next door, so I snapped a few pics:

20150425_202918-1.jpg

20150425_202940-1.jpg

And then it was time for dinner! I checked out all the different options, and several seemed like potentials, but I definitely had to settle on this beauty...

20150425_201012-1.jpg

Fried Chicken & BBQ Ribs Combo, with mashed potatoes & gravy, red beans, and cornbread. And a vanilla cupcake for dessert! (As usual, you can find my full Dining Report HERE!) After eating, I was so stuffed that I couldn't eat but a few bites of the cupcake, which was deceptively HUGE. So I grabbed a To Go box from the bakery and ran it back to my room.

On my way back from by room, an adorable little bunny hopped out of the bushes, then ran along-side of my ECV for a few minutes! It was super cool! (Some of you might remember that I had a bunny encounter in September at Pop Century, too!)

I wanted to take a picture, but I was worried if I stopped, he'd run back into the bushes. Finally the bunny stopped running beside me and hung out on the sidewalk, but I kept going, just giggling like crazy. A guy was up ahead of me, walking towards me on the path, called out to me "Racing a squirrel?" And I said, "No! A BUNNY! And I won!" He laughed, and I headed off to the bus stop, ready to get myself back to the Magic Kingdom to continue my incredible night. :cutie:

Up Next... Back to Magic Kingdom, Wishes and Celebrate the Magic!

Last edited:
OMG thanks for sharing all the pics of the POFQ...I'm even more excited to go there now!! It looks amazing...as does the food there and the whole atmosphere and the rooms! I love your new park bag too!! So cute! I too am always struggling with what bag to bring...the one I carried around last time was okay..but by the end of the day between all the crap DD and I put in there it got heavy...and I'm sure we didn't need half the stuff. So cute about the bunny!!! Looking forward to reading more!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter