My Big Fat Disney Solo Weekend: April 2015 Trip Report - COMPLETED

I'm a lurker but I've been reading your dining report now still catching up with this one!. So fun/funny you are. :chewy: (couldn't find Yoda).

I just wish I lived within a 5 hour drive. It takes about 6+ hours by plane...ugh.

Sounds like you had a great day eating and drinking around the world. And how great you were able to get your friend the picture!

Ok so I was reading your dining report then I found myself here and I've just read your whole trip report so far! Love it! Can't wait for more!! :jumping3:
Hporay! :welcome:

you did not just break out the 80 tunes!!!! :lovestruc
Yeah I did, girl! :cool1:

Whaaaaaaaaa? you DIDN'T SEE FIGMENT?!?! oh i don't know if we can be friends anymore... :sad:
Hey! When you only have a matter of hours in Epcot, tough choices have to be made! :blush:

ADORABLE! and i see the purse is working for ya! it's cute!
Hey, thanks for noticing! I like it! :cutie:

I would have laughed at you... just sayin... :rotfl2: but that's because i know you. :crowded:
Please. You would have laughed at me even if you didn't know me. It's why I wasn't bothered by people staring. A fat lady with her rainbow painted face and Minnie Mouse ears, just totally passed out fast asleep on her scooter in the middle of Disney World? That crap's hilarious, dude. :laughing:

So much Epcot fun!! I love that pic of you sipping the awful margerita lol...sorry it was dissapointing but your picture is awesome lol.
I am eternally amused by the photo as well. :rotfl:

What kind of cake was it again with the fish and chips? (I guess I better go see your DR...right? Haven't done that yet lol.)
It was two layers of a very moist sponge cake, and between them was a thin layer of jam and buttercream. It was tasty! ::yes::

I wonder if the F&W have a lot of the same foods...do you by chance know where they post that info in advance (or do they for October?).
I didn't see any of the same stuff at F&W in September. :confused3 But disneyfoodblog.com always posts all the menus for all of the festival booths well in advance. They're not up yet, but here is their page for the 2015 F&W Fest. Right now it says Menus Coming Soon, so just keep checking back! http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015-epcot-food-and-wine-festival/

Oh, I had to giggle at the cross eyed pic! That would have been me too!
It really was THAT intense! :rotfl:

I want to see the mariachi band sometime!! We always miss it. I did a surprise Mexican fiesta for DHs 40th years ago and had a mariachi band come. They were so fun and amazing!
What a fun idea for a birthday party! I love it! :goodvibes

I'm just catching up on your last few updates and I am mortified about what happened to you on the bus. My heart hurts for you......I admit I have been one to feel annoyed when scooters/wheelchairs get on a Disney bus I'm getting on if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere. I don't and would never give dirty looks and I understand the safety need for loading them first. I also know how stupid it is to be impatient with them ::yes:: It's like the same feeling I get when I'm driving and the car in front of me is going really slow! I should most definitely be understanding, mom has trouble walking and my young niece, who was fine until age 13 is now 23, is seriously disabled and completely wheelchair-bound. My point here besides possibly sounding uncaring :snooty: is that your story has really touched me. I will be thinking of it and you on future trips when scooters/wheelchairs are loading busses and sincerely hoping they haven't experienced anything on their trip like you, unfortunately, had to :hug:
I appreciate your thoughts, thank you so much! That's kinda why I share these kind of stories here, with hopes of maybe changing some people's perspectives. I see so many disparaging comments on the DIS about scooter users at Disney, and I think it's important to show the other side of it. To be honest with you, I make cavalier comments about the dirty looks I get at the bus stops, but the truth is that I hate that the fact that getting my scooter on the bus is going to hold so many people up for an extra 5 minutes, I do. But it's necessary, and like you said, I (and others like me) deserve to enjoy Disney World too. And what people also forget is that when our bus gets where it's going, they're going to be walking through the turnstiles into a park, or settling back into their resort room, and me and my scooter will just be rolling down the ramp and exiting the bus. We may be the first on the bus, but we're also the last off. ::yes::

OK, I decided that that was the one thing that I really wanted to try to make at home, but then I remembered that I'm not a huge tequila fan. So I carefully looked up Blueberry Pomegranate Martinis on line, and found a recipe that called for 2 oz of blueberry vodka and assorted other ingredients, and then I realized I'm too lazy to do that. But I did get some Cranberry Pomegranate juice and add a moderate amount of blueberry vodka - success!
Nice! Well done! :thumbsup2

Even better to hear that you were able to just purely enjoy the experience!
I did, and it was glorious! :goodvibes

I just started reading, but wanted to let you know you're my hero for linking to the next chapter at the END of the current chapter.
Ha! I appreciate you for appreciating that! When I'm reading TRs, especially ones that trying to catch up on, I don't love scrolling through pages of comments to get to the next update, or having to go back to the link on the first post each time. I try to make reading my TRs a little bit more user-friendly! :cutie:

I would so love to visit during F&G as everything looks so pretty, maybe one day when we're not dictated by school holidays I can make it happen :)
Normally I travel during the fall or winter, so I totally understand! This was sort of a one-time random thing for me, so I'm glad I got to see it at least once! :goodvibes

I'm giggling here visualising you fast asleep on your scooter whilst holding your good viewing spot :lmao:
Accurate. It was pretty ridiculous. :laughing:

I have yet in my life to have a margarita. Ever. That will change.

This is picture is AWESOME!!! I want my drinks to cause that. :drinking1
Well, you know Rob, if you plan a trip for your birthday this year, I would be happy to join you for your first margarita. :drinking1

YAY. Sharing Disney with friends on FB is super fun.
I agree!!! Everybody on my Facebook gets treated to real-time photos during my trips, because I upload almost everything as it's taken the whole time I'm at Disney World. I get a lot of positive feedback from friends and family, thanking me for making them feel like they were there with me! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness. I know for a fact I would never ever ever be able to sleep in a public place. :laughing:
The body wants what it wants. And since mine never wants sleep at night, it takes sleep when it sees fit! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: And once again... YOU... GO... GIRL!
Ha! Thanks! :lmao:

Now that is something I had never thought about. Being solo you basically stay in your spot or lose it. So grabbing some treats is off limits. Very clever to have your scooter to save your spot for you. I may rent a scooter. :scratchin
Exactly! And I don't feel bad about it, because for all the crap that I go through having to use the scooter (much of which I've illustrated in this TR), you bet your butt that I'm going to certainly utilize the little perks it gives me! The universe keeps all things in balance! :goodvibes

I'm all in on that for sure. :goodvibes
it's nice to sometimes just put the dang camera down and get lost in the moment! :cloud9:

I do enjoy a good margarita, but too much tequila...blech. I approve of all your other menu choices .
Yeah, the margarita was a huge disappointment. :sad2: I'm actually kinda glad that I got it out of the way early, because everything else was delicious!

Good for you taking a rest and waking up with perfect timing. I've never heard of that coffee brand. Around here it's Dunkin Donuts or Honeydew or Starbucks.

Keep the reports coming!
I've only ever heard of Joffrey's at Disney, but I guess they're the official coffee provider or something? It's not bad coffee, either! :-)

I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible bus experience. That bus driver should never have acted like that. I bet there were people on that bus that felt sorry for you. We were waiting for the boat to Fort Wilderness for a HDDR reservation when a lady on an ECV had trouble driving it. The scooter just stopped dead and wouldn't move. And no one seemed to know how to help her. The CM's on the boat just stood there while her relatives dragged that ECV on the boat and you could tell it was very heavy. I really felt sorry for that family. And it was nothing for that lady to feel embarrassed about, but I'm sure they were.
Ugh, what a nightmare! Can you imagine how that would have gone over had it been me, being solo? That's scary! :scared:

I'm so glad that you liked this. We liked this tart enough to get another one later in the trip. :lovestruc I also saw on your dining report that you really liked the duck at the booth at France. That is one item I have been wanting to try and missed it both at F&W and F&G. :(
I'm so glad you encouraged me to try the tart! That blueberry cream on the top really was the star, I thought. It was so dreamy. :cloud9:

Aw, sweet shot of you 3! Your new bag looks like it was working out well!
The bag worked out GREAT! I love it! I'm going to continue to keep an eye out for something more feminine. But in the meanwhile, it'll definitely do! :cutie:

I love the hidden Mickey!
Yassss! The blueberry Mickey just tickled me to death! :goodvibes

Hey, no shame. I can fall asleep just about anytime, anywhere. It sounds like a great way to pass the time until the show. And you really needed your rest for your late night!
I'm all about some nappin'! Since I can't sleep at night, I'll take what I can get! :laughing:

I think that's great! It's hard to enjoy the show when you're focused on the perfect shot. It sounds like a perfect night!
It certainly didn't suck! :thumbsup2

Well that's completely shocking ... or not. :rotfl:
:rotfl2: You know me too well now, Sarah!

Holy cow. Sorry the drink was a disappointment ... it sounds like someone needed to cut back on the tequila when making that!
Waaaaaaay back. It was ridiculous. :crazy2:

I love the blueberry Mickey!
Me too! So cute, right? :cutie:

Yeah, that's the big problem with short hair ... it gets blown all over the place.
No joke! That part I was NOT prepared for! :laughing:

Awesome! Well, you gotta sleep some time ....
Exactly! One of the pros of traveling solo... When I say I can do whatever I want, that is inclusive of mid-theme park naps. :rotfl:

Convenient coffee nearby ... that's the best way to wake up!
It couldn't have worked out any better if I had planned in that way! It was perfect! :goodvibes

Good! I love Illuminations pictures as much as the next person, but enjoying the show is more important than taking pictures!
Yasssss! But still going to hopefully work on my video skills for next year. Especially since it'll my my aunt and uncle's first trip, I think it'll be cool for them to be able to go back and re-watch the shows if they want to. :-)

Yay! I'm really excited to read about the boardwalk (and hopefully see pictures)!
That update is coming, and it'll be mostly photos. I think I took 6 or 7 just of the boardwalk store fronts and stuff! ::yes::

You cross eyed drinking the margarita: Lol! I absolutely love everything about this picture!
Heck, I took it of myself, and I still giggle when I look at it. :rotfl2:

Blueberry lemon curd tart: Oh gosh, yum. The blueberry Mickey just makes it that much better!!
The blueberry Mickey just made me smile so big when she handed it to me. Perfection. :goodvibes

You are too much fun! And I'm totally with you on the falling asleep in weird places at Disney thing... on a bench outside China, in Ellen's Energy Adventure, on the bus... but put me in my bed and my eyes are wide open! haha!
OMG! So it's not just me! I'm so glad to know I'm not alone in my selective Disney narcolepsy! :hug: :rotfl:

That's exactly my plan on Sunday :rotfl2:
I approve! :thumbsup2

Love the pictures of you! I love the combo of the face paint colors and the Minnie ears ::MinnieMo :goodvibes
Thank you, booboo!!! :hug:

OMG your fingernails are SO gorgeous! So jealous...
Thank you! I'm so amused that you even noticed them! :rotfl:

Yay!!! Sounds like you had an ideal spot for Illuminations AND how handy that you spotted coffee! Yay for the mini-nap, too! :thumbsup2
It was a pretty great situation! :P

I'm being a total ignoramus but what is FotLK? :oops: I can't for the life of me figure that one out.
Festival of the Lion King! :simba:

Shocking but I have never seen Illuminations, Wishes OR Fantasmic, can you believe it? I've only seen Hallowishes and it was amazing. We gotta fix that!
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Epcot sure has some good eats!
It does. I'mma start calling it Eatcot. ::yes::

Yay, a question I actually know the answer to - FotLK is Festival of the Lion King, a musical number in Harambe Theatre. I was lucky enough to see it on my last solo trip.
Well done! :thumbsup2

I'm a lurker but I've been reading your dining report now still catching up with this one!. So fun/funny you are. :chewy: (couldn't find Yoda).
Glad to have you here! :welcome:

I just wish I lived within a 5 hour drive. It takes about 6+ hours by plane...ugh.
But at least you can spend that 6+ hours reading or sleeping or watching a movie or something! I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. :-)

Sounds like you had a great day eating and drinking around the world. And how great you were able to get your friend the picture!
Yes! Aside from the nightmare bus driver, it was pretty much a perfect day! :cutie:

DAY 3
April 26th, 2015 - Sunday

Exploring the Boardwalk and Downtown Disney!

Get ready for a picture-heavy update! The rest of my night was pretty uneventful. After Illiminations, instead of heading towards the front with the masses, I decided to do something I've never done... Exit through the International Gateway, and go walk (scoot) along the boardwalk.

20150426_212710.jpg

20150426_212618-1.jpg

20150426_212836-1.jpg

20150426_212914-1.jpg

20150426_212919-1.jpg

It's dark, but there were people hanging out on their balcony, on the far left. So jealous of these folks! Can you imagine staying in that room, and walking out on your balcony in the morning, and smelling all those incredible Boardwalk Bakery smells wafting up to you? Heaven! :cloud9:

20150426_2131410-1-1.jpg

20150426_212950.jpg

20150426_213023-1.jpg

Before I forget to mention it, as I was cruising along the boardwalk, one of the 4-person surrey bikes was coming towards me, and the family on-board was laughing and clearly having a great time, and they randomly rang the bell on it. And before I could stop myself, without even thinking, I rang that dumb bicycle bell on my ECV back at them. The looks of total surprise on their faces were priceless, and they all started cracking up laughing and ringing their bell back at me, to which I replied with mine, and this went on until we had passed each other. Later on, we pass each other again, and it resumed. Good times! :cutie:

20150426_213458-1.jpg

20150426_213606.jpg

There was a juggler out, but none of my pictures of him came out at all. Booo!

Once I was done sight-seeing, I cut through the Boardwalk Inn resort, and found the hotel's bus stop, so I could catch a bus over to Downtown Disney. When I got there, a man on an ECV was there, with his wife and kids, and they were waiting for an bus to Downtown Disney too. One pulled up, but it was already half-full of people already, so it couldn't take any ECVs. The man told his wife to go ahead and with one of the kids, and said he'd meet up with them. One of the sons hung back with him. So it was the three of of us left at the bus stop. I tried to be friendly, but the dad totally gave me the cold shoulder. :confused3 The son followed his lead. It was so weird.

Not even maybe 5 minutes later, a completely empty Downtown Disney bus pulls up, and as the bus driver is about to start directing the man and his ECV up the ramp, I heard the guy ask him if this bus was going anywhere else on the way. The bus driver said Nope, he was actually dispatched to the Boarwalk JUST to come get the two of us and takes us to DTD! He was our private driver! :eek: I was shocked, and thought that was amazing! When it was my turn to head up the ramp, the bus driver was talking and joking with me, and was VERY kind and sweet and accommodating. Totally night and day from the jerkface bus driver that morning. :cutie: Another time I wished I had CM Thank You cards! Next time!

I got to DTD, and I didn't have a lot of time, so I just did a quick photo tour of the Markplace.

20150426_222337-1.jpg

My face paint cracks me up here. While I was napping in Epcot, every now and then I would go to rest my elbow on the center console and put my forehead in my hand, and then smear the paint. Doh! It only took a couple times doing that to mess it all up on my forehead. :laughing: At least the sides still look good!

20150426_222712-1.jpg

20150426_222749.jpg

20150426_222959.jpg

20150426_223222-1.jpg

20150426_223412_001-1.jpg

20150426_223551-1.jpg

20150426_223640-1.jpg

20150426_223815-1.jpg

20150426_223923-1.jpg

20150426_224044-1.jpg

I only had a short about of time here, just to hang out for a few and enjoy the atmosphere, because I didn't want to miss my ride back to Port Orleans...

20150426_224317-1.jpg

I figured I was staying at POFQ, so I should experience the boat transportation from DTD! The CM was super nice and helpful with directing me how to drive my ECV on and off of it.

20150426_224701.jpg

My view from my spot on the boat!

I snapped some photos along the way...

20150426_224922-1.jpg

20150426_225002-1.jpg

20150426_225020-1.jpg

20150426_225110-1.jpg

As we moved away from DTD, it got kinda dark and not much to see. I had big plans to take photos approaching POFQ, and then some nighttime photos of the resort on my way back to my room.

However. My phone battery had decided it had enough of my crap. :rotfl2:

So! We got to the boat dock at POFQ, and out of a full boat, I was the only one getting off there, everybody else was bound for POR. So. They all sat there in dead silence, staring at me while the CM helped direct me to safely back-up off off of the boat and onto the dock (which I was having a little trouble with, the ECV was struggling to back up over the ramp with the amount of gas I was giving it, and I was scared to give it more because there's no railing on the dock and I was envisioning myself backing myself straight off the edge and into the water), then they continued staring as the CM walked me up to the top of the ramp to unlock the gate for me. So awkward. :scared: It's so much fun being watched like a freak show. At least the CM was really nice and reassuring!

As I was driving from the the boat dock back to Building 6, I could feel my poor ECV dragging it's butt hardcore. It was going maybe a 3rd as fast as it should be. My battery was HURTING. And lucky me, it held out just barely long enough to make it through my whole day and get me back to my room! We made it! :woohoo:

I took a quick shower, washed my face, brushed my teeth, and crawled into bed. Considering I was falling asleep in the middle of Epcot, I figured I would pass right out... :faint: But of course, no such luck. I laid there awake forever, but finally did doze off into a light sleep for my final night of the trip.

Up Next... Ohana Breakfast, and Heading Home!

Last edited:

I love all the nighttime pictures! So beautiful! We've never gone over to the boardwalk. I agree, the people right above the bakery, getting all the yummy smells, had the best room!

I'm glad you had much better bus/boat CMs this time! I had to laugh at you thinking you'd shoot right off the dock though when you were backing up! I would have been thinking the same thing!!:rotfl:

And--I'm so glad your battery made it back to the room!

It quite literally made me go cross-eyed!
:rotfl:

Eventually I made it around to the Pineapple Promenade, and ordered the drunken Dole Whip that I've been dreaming about for over a year.
:worship: I've been dreaming about this FOREVER and have never been able to have one. So jealous, it looks oh so good

So. Apparently when I'm at Disney World, I can't sleep in my bed in my room at night. But. I can sleep pretty much any and every where else.
Maybe you should just sleep in your scooter at night ; )

And before I could stop myself, without even thinking, I rang that dumb bicycle bell on my ECV back at them.
It's bicycle bell wars, boardwalk style HONK HONK

he was actually dispatched to the Boardwalk JUST to come get the two of us and takes us to DTD! He was our private driver!
Wow, your own private chauffeur. If only disney transportation always worked like that

I snapped some photos along the way...
A boat back to your hotel. So lovey

And lucky me, it held out just barely long enough to make it through my whole day and get me back to my room! We made it!
I can't believe it hung in there long enough. Must have been some pixie dust in the air

Wow, you really managed to pack a lot into a short trip!! What a nice night at the Boardwalk though...and so funny about the family on the bike!!! I can't wait to take that boat ride from DTD to POFQ...sorry it was a bit tricky with the ECV...at least the CM was nice this time! Thanks for all the tips about the Disney Food Blog..I have bookmarked that and will keep checking...I hope there is some awesome new stuff (and repeats of some awesome old stuff too lol)

We've stayed at BWV a few times and will be there again in Nov., but are too cheap for a BW view :rolleyes1 LOL glad you got to see how beautiful it is! One of my favorite things about staying there is walking back, slowly, after Illuminations and seeing it all lit up :love: Usually if the weather is nice there'll be lots of people out walking around and decent crowds around the street performers. Just love the nighttime atmosphere!!

Love the night shots of DTD! Been a long time since we've been there when it's dark, forgot how nice it looks :)

The BW looks really beautiful at night! I think I like night time at Disney almost more than daytime. There's something about the mood of the lighting at night that makes me all twitter-pated. That and boats, I love me a boat ride for some reason, so I was loving this post! :lovestruc We've looked at BW for our kid free trip next year but haven't settled on a resort yet.
So glad you had a friendlier bus driver this time around! It makes a world of difference.
Cracked up about your " honking" story with the surrey bike, I completely love those spontaneous magical moments!:moped:

Not even maybe 5 minutes later, a completely empty Downtown Disney bus pulls up, and as the bus driver is about to start directing the man and his ECV up the ramp, I heard the guy ask him if this bus was going anywhere else on the way. The bus driver said Nope, he was actually dispatched to the Boarwalk JUST to come get the two of us and takes us to DTD! He was our private driver! :eek: I was shocked, and thought that was amazing! When it was my turn to head up the ramp, the bus driver was talking and joking with me, and was VERY kind and sweet and accommodating. Totally night and day from the jerkface bus driver that morning. :cutie:
That was really nice that they sent a second bus so quickly and the bus driver was good, too :)
I figured I was staying at POFQ, so I should experience the boat transportation from DTD! The CM was super nice and helpful with directing me how to drive my ECV on and off of it.
We decided to ride the boat from POR to DTD just to see whatit was like. The line at POR for the boat was really long and we figured that we would have to wait for three boats before we could get on. So we walked down to POFQ and only had to wait a short time. They leave room on the boat for POFQ guests. It was a nice boat ride but it was mostly a view of the trees. The view as you arrive at DTD is nice, but I bet it would be even better at night. :)

You really did get a lot done on your mini trip! I'd love the stay at BWI some time. That whole area is just so adorable!

Great updates! Love the Boardwalk, especially at night!

I also love taking the boat to DTD! So relaxing!!

Great updates! Your food at EPCOT looked so tasty! It's cool that they've added the food booths to the F&G festival. When I worked there it was all gardening focused (which was fine with me given that's what I was there for - a horticulture internship) but I can see how the food booths would draw more people in and it would be fun to try all the different offerings. Maybe I'll go back someday for this. We're planning to go for F&W in the fall of 2017 but I have a feeling a 2016 trip may be in the cards for me too...

Anyway, got off on a tangent there - oops! I loved all your pics from your trip to DTD and how cool that you got a private bus - too bad the other dude and his son weren't friendly. Who knows with people sometimes. I don't let other people's attitudes bother me nearly as much as they used to and I can see that you don't let it get you down for too long either. I can see how getting your ECV off the boat would be awkward with everyone watching you but kudos to you for not backing it into the river. I totally would have done that and given them a real show - ha! ;)

I can't wait to take the boat from DTD to POR when we're there in September. I booked lunch at T-Rex for our last day so thinking we'll just take the boat from there back to the resort to catch our bus back to the airport afterward.

Did you stop at the bakery on the boardwalk? It's great for a late night snack!

I decided to do something I've never done... Exit through the International Gateway, and go walk (scoot) along the boardwalk.

20150426_212710.jpg

Really? You've never done this before? Truth be told, 2012 was only my first exit through the gateway and along the Boardwalk, but I make a point of it now each and every trip.

Later on, we pass each other again, and it resumed. Good times! :cutie:

Ah Disney. :love:

When it was my turn to head up the ramp, the bus driver was talking and joking with me, and was VERY kind and sweet and accommodating.

Love this!!! While it certainly doesn't excuse the awful behaviour you encountered earlier, it's so nice to see that kindness does prevail.

It's so much fun being watched like a freak show. At least the CM was really nice and reassuring!

Oh dear, I can totally understand how that must have felt. :hug:

I love the tart and the blueberry Mickey :D

And the fish and chips look great! I love all the food options in World Showcase :) And glad you got a good seat for Illuminations, plus a nap, which is always needed at Disney. We have a hilarious picture of my fiance and I on our last trip asleep on the couch :P

Love, love, love the Boardwalk pictures :) I am stalking all of them since that's where we're staying in September! :cheer2:

Also I'm so glad you had a good bus experience, even if the boat was less awesome. I miss taking the boat to DTD, that was always our first adventure when my family would go to Disney.

Glad you seem to have had such a fun trip! Can't wait to read the rest! :D

Glad you had a nice bus experience after your last one. :)

Nice pictures of BW at night. We made it over once during the day but it sounds fun at night. Those bike things looked like so much fun, we saw a lot of them in the BC/YC area. We wanted to do it but the price seemed so high.

Glad the ECV didn't crap out and you made it back to the room. :thumbsup2

I love all the nighttime pictures! So beautiful! We've never gone over to the boardwalk. I agree, the people right above the bakery, getting all the yummy smells, had the best room!
I was super jealous! I would be down there EVERY MORNING for breakfast!

I'm glad you had much better bus/boat CMs this time! I had to laugh at you thinking you'd shoot right off the dock though when you were backing up! I would have been thinking the same thing!!:rotfl:
Right?! It was dicey! :scared:

And--I'm so glad your battery made it back to the room!
You and me both!

:worship: I've been dreaming about this FOREVER and have never been able to have one. So jealous, it looks oh so good
I hear rumors you can get them in AK year-round, over in Africa! I've never investigated because I'm usually finished with Africa and moved on to another area of the park well before an acceptable rum-drinking hour.

Maybe you should just sleep in your scooter at night ; )
This is brilliant. Maybe I'll try it next time if my sleep situation gets desperate! :cutie:

It's bicycle bell wars, boardwalk style HONK HONK
Yassss! It was so much fun! Only at Disney, right? :goodvibes

Wow, your own private chauffeur. If only disney transportation always worked like that
Me too! It was super nice! :thumbsup2

A boat back to your hotel. So lovey
It really was! Definitely +1 in the awesome column for Port Orleans resorts!

I can't believe it hung in there long enough. Must have been some pixie dust in the air
Yeah, I go super lucky with it. Thanks, pixies!

Wow, you really managed to pack a lot into a short trip!! What a nice night at the Boardwalk though...and so funny about the family on the bike!!!
I promised ya'll in my PTR that I was going to squeeze every ounce of fun out of this short trip as I possibly could! :laughing:

I can't wait to take that boat ride from DTD to POFQ...sorry it was a bit tricky with the ECV...at least the CM was nice this time! Thanks for all the tips about the Disney Food Blog..I have bookmarked that and will keep checking...I hope there is some awesome new stuff (and repeats of some awesome old stuff too lol)
That Disney Food Bog sight is GREAT. I follow it on the regular! And you're going to LOVE F&W. I can't wait to hit it up again next year! :goodvibes

We've stayed at BWV a few times and will be there again in Nov., but are too cheap for a BW view :rolleyes1 LOL glad you got to see how beautiful it is! One of my favorite things about staying there is walking back, slowly, after Illuminations and seeing it all lit up :love: Usually if the weather is nice there'll be lots of people out walking around and decent crowds around the street performers. Just love the nighttime atmosphere!!
I loved it too! I hope to be able to afford to stay there one day. It seemed like a lot of fun to be so close to all of that every day!

Love the night shots of DTD! Been a long time since we've been there when it's dark, forgot how nice it looks :)
I'm partial to Disney at night in general. And on my September trip, I didn't take hardly any pics at DTD, so I felt a need to make up for it some. :laughing:

The BW looks really beautiful at night! I think I like night time at Disney almost more than daytime. There's something about the mood of the lighting at night that makes me all twitter-pated.
I totally 100% agree! :cloud9:

That and boats, I love me a boat ride for some reason, so I was loving this post! :lovestruc
See, I'm the opposite. Boats freak me out. :scared: The Disney bubble is the ONLY place where they don't!!!

We've looked at BW for our kid free trip next year but haven't settled on a resort yet.
It would be a GREAT place for a kid-free trip! You could take advantage of all the cool offerings along the boardwalk as much as you like!

So glad you had a friendlier bus driver this time around! It makes a world of difference.
Cracked up about your " honking" story with the surrey bike, I completely love those spontaneous magical moments!:moped:
Yaaaasss, me too! It was awesome and made me smile so much! :cutie:

Thank you for your trip report :-)
Thank YOU for being here! :welcome:

Wow, thank you so much for this update! Smh, I did not know that the boardwalk was so close to Epcot (I told you I'm just a newbie). I so appreciate the pictures, and on my next trip I hope that my feet will let me go experience the Boardwalk.
Try to go check it out, if you can! It's very cool!

I've also never taken the boat transportation, or should I say "not yet". It was very cold on my last trip in November when I had planned some resort hopping and I thought that the boat rides might turn me into a popsicle. That's why I'm leaning towards March for my next trip...
This was my first time braving a boat, since in general I don't like them. But everything is safe at Disney. :cutie:

That was really nice that they sent a second bus so quickly and the bus driver was good, too :)
I was totally shocked, and he was very much a sweetie!

We decided to ride the boat from POR to DTD just to see whatit was like. The line at POR for the boat was really long and we figured that we would have to wait for three boats before we could get on. So we walked down to POFQ and only had to wait a short time. They leave room on the boat for POFQ guests. It was a nice boat ride but it was mostly a view of the trees. The view as you arrive at DTD is nice, but I bet it would be even better at night. :)
I was surprised how much I enjoyed the boat ride, even in the dark. I am hoping to maybe upgrade for my next trip to POR. If so, I'll definitely take advantage of it again!

You really did get a lot done on your mini trip! I'd love the stay at BWI some time. That whole area is just so adorable!
I liked it much more than I thought I would! I'm glad I went to check it out!

Great updates! Love the Boardwalk, especially at night!

I also love taking the boat to DTD! So relaxing!!
Yes, both were new to me, and I loved them!

Great updates! Your food at EPCOT looked so tasty! It's cool that they've added the food booths to the F&G festival. When I worked there it was all gardening focused (which was fine with me given that's what I was there for - a horticulture internship) but I can see how the food booths would draw more people in and it would be fun to try all the different offerings. Maybe I'll go back someday for this. We're planning to go for F&W in the fall of 2017 but I have a feeling a 2016 trip may be in the cards for me too...
I hope you do make it in 2016, particularly during F&G or F&W!! The food booths are so awesome!

Anyway, got off on a tangent there - oops! I loved all your pics from your trip to DTD and how cool that you got a private bus - too bad the other dude and his son weren't friendly. Who knows with people sometimes. I don't let other people's attitudes bother me nearly as much as they used to and I can see that you don't let it get you down for too long either.
Exactly! Sometimes it bothers me a little, but I'm at Disney! I can get over pretty much anything quickly at Disney!

I can see how getting your ECV off the boat would be awkward with everyone watching you but kudos to you for not backing it into the river. I totally would have done that and given them a real show - ha! ;)
Hahaha! See, it wasn't an irrational fear! It could totally happen! :goodvibes

I can't wait to take the boat from DTD to POR when we're there in September. I booked lunch at T-Rex for our last day so thinking we'll just take the boat from there back to the resort to catch our bus back to the airport afterward.
We have T-Rex planned for dinner on our rest day, and if I manage to upgrade us to POR, we'll definitely be taking advantage of the boat again! :goodvibes

Did you stop at the bakery on the boardwalk? It's great for a late night snack!
I didn't! :( I was still just WAY too full. I wanted to, I lingered there and thought about it real hard, but decided I just couldn't do it. Next time!

Really? You've never done this before? Truth be told, 2012 was only my first exit through the gateway and along the Boardwalk, but I make a point of it now each and every trip.
I know, I'm super late! Hence why I made good and sure to do it on this trip. I'm so glad that I did! :thumbsup2

Ah Disney. :love:
Indeed! :lovestruc

Love this!!! While it certainly doesn't excuse the awful behaviour you encountered earlier, it's so nice to see that kindness does prevail.
Yes. It restored my faith! And honestly, aside from that one butthole bus driver, I met some REALLY wonderful CMs on this trip!

Oh dear, I can totally understand how that must have felt. :hug:
Good thing I am proficient at shaking it off and not letting it get me down! :cutie:

While it is unlikely... never say never.
Unlikely doesn't mean impossible! Doooo eeeeet! :D

I love the tart and the blueberry Mickey :D
Me too, the blueberry Mickey just made me smile so much!

And the fish and chips look great! I love all the food options in World Showcase :)
Me toooo. Eatcot is the best! :laughing:

And glad you got a good seat for Illuminations, plus a nap, which is always needed at Disney. We have a hilarious picture of my fiance and I on our last trip asleep on the couch :P
Sporadic Disney Narcolepsy is a common syndrome, from I understand. :faint:

Love, love, love the Boardwalk pictures :) I am stalking all of them since that's where we're staying in September! :cheer2:
Luckyyyyyy! :eek:

Also I'm so glad you had a good bus experience, even if the boat was less awesome. I miss taking the boat to DTD, that was always our first adventure when my family would go to Disney.

Glad you seem to have had such a fun trip! Can't wait to read the rest! :D
Yeah, the boat was definitely a different and nice way to travel!

Glad you had a nice bus experience after your last one. :)
Me too! But it would be hard to have a worse bus experience than that one I had. That dude set the bar pretty high as far as bad CMs go. :rolleyes2

Nice pictures of BW at night. We made it over once during the day but it sounds fun at night. Those bike things looked like so much fun, we saw a lot of them in the BC/YC area. We wanted to do it but the price seemed so high.
I really enjoyed the Boardwalk! I don't know that I would ever do on of the surrey bikes with a group, but I do love seeing them go by!

Glad the ECV didn't crap out and you made it back to the room. :thumbsup2
You and me both, girl! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter