MY "ADVENTUTRES N WALT DISNEY WORLD & DCL;" 01-7-09 to 01-15-09 *(WITH PICS & VIDE

Thanks for the response.

One more question... is the drinking age at Cast away Cay still 21 even though it is in the Bahamas, or is it 21? Sorry if this is a "dumb" question... never been with DCL or to this island.

Thanks for the response.

One more question... is the drinking age at Cast away Cay still 21 even though it is in the Bahamas, or is it 21? Sorry if this is a "dumb" question... never been with DCL or to this island.

......hey - "no worries" in relation to asking "Goofy questions" as there is no such thing as a dumb one. But------with that being said......
I don't know the answer to that question. Wish I did but I don't. My best educated guess is that if you are discreet about it, the "beer police" are not going to be out in force. Now y-e-s.....if one walks around partying like its New Years Eve...well one is bound to be attracting the w-r-o-n-g kind of attention to ones self. :upsidedow
Like, for example..yes - true story......if one just happens to be like that person who jumped off of DCL deck 2 (in yr 1999) & off into the waters....just to try & get back onto the ship just to have your KTTW card show that you are still on the ship......welll THAT'S an excellent example of HOW TO ATTRACT NOT THE ATTENTION YOU WANT TO BE ATTRACTING.
By the way, that person was placed under "House arrest." Gotta love it - what a twit---spent all that money on a DCL cruise and yet spent most of it under House Arrest.
So - hope my answer helps - discretion is the key. Don't misundersand, I had a total blast on my WDW / DCL trip last month - its just I partied NOT like it was Spring Break.

Keeping it real here in Dallas.

- Kris

Go check out my Sept 2009 Adventures by Disney "Spirit of America" pre-trip report! It's been updated! :goodvibes

DSCF0487.jpg

(Photo shot while at Hollywood Studios)

C-YA!

Thanks for the response.

Yes it is 21 on the ship and Castaway and strictly enforced...both are cashless systems so you must use your room charge, which has the ages of everyone in your cabin on it. So even if you are 21, and you try to by 2 drinks and say there is only you and an under 21 year old in the cabin, they will not let you get the 2 drinks. I know this from first hand experience. Solve the problem by bringing your own liquor onboard...saves money too! I personally did a little of both, brought some and bought some...but since my sis was only 20 I had to make all of hers instead of buy.

Go check out my Sept 2009 Adv by Disney pre-trip report! It's been updated!

All new! Exciting!! Can't miss!:yay: :banana: :goodvibes :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cloud9:

ok...so I am updated my pre-trippy report for Sept 2009!! I just added Bettsy Ross' house & a wicked game of putt putt golf - Philly style! Can't wait...ok will upate more this weekend my pre-trippy report.....

been real

Kris

:goodvibes I got my Sept 2009 Adv by Disney pre-trippy report updated! gO CHECK IT OUT:goodvibes

(Below is an overview shot of Disneyland)

OverheadmapofDisneyland.jpg

Hi Kris. Thanks for your TR. We're cruising on the Wonder soon and trying to figure out what spa treatments to book ahead. Can I ask what you had done and if you liked it?
Thanks.

....hello there!:goodvibes

Glad you asked! While on the Wonder (January 2009), I tried out the Vista Spa and just feel in love with the place!:goodvibes From the Excercise room to the muitlipe-jetted shower facilities inside the salon area, you just can't go wrong with the place.
While there, I did (for one day..$15) the "Rainforest" one day pass. And yes....I plan on buying a weeks pass when I get on the Wonder in October 2009. Why? From the Turkish bath (steam room) to the heated recliners to the multiple jetted showers....it is really a excellent bargain for the price.
**** Now....here is where the fun part begins! ****
From the above experience, I have choosen to buy the "Alone Time" package and from the reviews and pictures and such...well - words just can't describe the "AAAAAHHHHHHHH" feeling you will get when you are done. I thought about doing it when I was on the Wonder but....I "cheap" ed out of it & opted for a daily bubble bath inside my staterom cabin!?!?!!!??!!!:headache:

:yay:--------------NOT THIS TIME -----------------------:yay:

...now the excercise room part of Vista Spa opens up at 6am daily. So, to me...I would suggest partaking in a little of the excericise room (bring your i-pod earphones and you can watch /listen to tv on the monitors while you are walking or jogging and even watch the ocean in front of you of the "Bow tv").....then move on over to the spa portion of it and relax with your day (or daily) pass to the "Rainforest room." (beleive Spa opens up at 8am..please reconfirm this).
And yes...to me I would highly reccommend the "Alone time" spa treatment. I have never been pampered like that & what more of a beautiful way than to be pampered than on the Disney cruise ship. I plan on doing that on one of my sea days.

P.S......just be sure to cap off you evening with nightly room service....ask for cookies and milk or some rice krispy treats...

get it??? have your cookies and milk while you are decompressing after a long but Magical day onboard the Wonder/Magic....

believe room service stops at 11pm...but please reconfirm that.

- ENJOY -

Can any one tell us what is customary for tipping for night-time room service?

......good question as please keep in mind that I work for the hospitality industry. So, what I consider a reasonable tip is just like when you go out for a meal at any sit down restaurant.
Example: For me : A order a few of their "big cookies" and a glass of milk = $5 tip.

Example: A rueben sandwich /chips and 2 big cookies = $7

Again - this is just my opinion.

hope you have fun on your cruise! :goodvibes . When are you going???

....hey - my Sept Adventures by Disney pre-trip report has been updated! Go check it out!
** (more video & pics will be added as the days roll on by) **.

See ya !
DisneyPromotionalVideo216.jpg

...and I have 188 more days to go until my next Disney vacation:goodvibes (Sept 2009). thumbsup2

C-YA Real Soon!
openingtotheGoldenmickeysProduction.jpg

DSCF0556.jpg

GO CHECK IT OUT - It's titled: My very first Adventures by Disney trip Sept 17th-26th: "Spirit of America"

See below trip reports & feel free to follow along if ya want.:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter