MY "ADVENTURES N IRELAND" TRIP REPORT; JUNE 2011 (w/pics & video)

And I would like to have - say 2-3 yards of Guiness with my evening meal and don't have an issue with spending the money to have a nice meal.

The Yard Glass was invented in 17th century ENGLAND, so you are unlikely to find those in IRELAND.

Americans tend to assume that Ireland and Great Britain have the same culture, however, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales are keen to preserve unique cultural difference, even down to the glassware used for beer.

I calculate that 3 yards of beer (4.2 liters) is approximately equivalent to a 12-pack of US can beer, although alcohol content could be higher. Enjoy the beer, but don't waste it on the sidewalk outside the pub!

-Paul

Ireland don't have yards we have pints or Half pints!

So the other day, I decided to take a look at this universal adapter/charger I bought the other day from my local area Walmart & I tell you what, what a quick education I got about the wacky world of amps vs watts, etc.
With a little over 2 ½ hours later that day (and numerous phone calls), it was finally deduced that basically you are ok using it (on low setting) while you are using an electric razor, a battery charger, charging up your I-pod and charging up your portable dvd player (port dvd player uses about 12 watts of power) but……imo – for no more than 30 minutes at a time.

Why? :confused3
For concern about overloading/overheating your electric gadget since some adapters/chargers are different than others and or are older than others so to me its better to err on the side of judgment. I went through all of this Fyi’s on account of reading a few handfull of blogs about people who wound up for some reason or another frying out their electronic gadget while using it overseas.

And the funniest part of this is that here I am freaking out over going over 1600 watts of power (the max allowed on your adapter/charger) and yet the max I am going to be using while overseas is my 12 watt portable dvd player.

GO FIGURE!:)

Anywho –

So, with a little over 650 more hours to go until my adventure begins, I thought I would give a quick update on what’s up with yours truly and his quest for what I hope will be an enlightening and fun trip.
And by the way, remember a few postings ago when I made mention of my bonus day while over in Ireland??

Well, yup – I have been very busy these last few weeks “plussing” this vacation a wee bit via the internet, etc.

So be on the lookout in these next few weeks for what I am choosing to call the “bonus section” of my blog that will be reflecting this addition.

Where will I be?

DSC00598.jpg

What place(s) will I visit?

Stay tuned to see the answer and also to what more things I will be seeing and learning about the other ½ of my heritage and hey – ya never know…..I may just find a person to engage me in a good ol game of 501 while I am out and about visiting a pub or two.
…..drinking a pint of my fav liquid refreshment.

And yes, Dublin is one of places I plan on checking out for some souveniers - but the "jury is still out" imo on what ONE thing best represents Ireland in the Souvie department.......

this will require some more thinking on my part.
Suggestions?

Thanks for the tip though as I welcome them:thumbsup2.

So until then, I will be counting down the minutes until next weekend as the newest POTC movie opens nationwide and oh yes……

Lest we forget…..

What else……

But I have tickets to see…….

What else but….

Celtic Woman (they are currently on tour):goodvibes

UP NEXT: Final weight loss totals and FINALLY - let the adventure begin:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.

.......what happens if it rains??

:idea:

NO WORRIES.:)

I have been sooo blessed with experiencing only one rainy day during all my vacations but I get a feeling this is going to change. I have a mindset of not letting this potential for a little bit of rain put a damper on what I anticipate to be a wonderful adventure. So, in anticipation of this, I have on my I-pod the following songs:

1) "No Rain" by Blind Melon
2) "Fire and Rain" by James Taylor
3) "Raindrops keep Falling on my Head" by B.J. Thomas
4) "Singing in the Rain" by Gene Kelly
5) "Rain is a Good Thing" by Luke Bryan
6) "Enjoy it" by Maurice Chevalier
7) "Here Comes the Rain Again" by the Eurythmics
8) "Little April Showers"
9) "Rain, Rain Go Away" by Gerry Mulligan

and......

for extra good measure -

10) Mambo #5" by Lou Bega:lmao:

ANYWHO -

MY WEIGHT LOSS TOTALS:

Weight dropped since last checked in: 5 lbs
Total Dropped so far: 13 pounds

Total weght left to drop: 2 lbs

I tell you what, with me in the hotel hospitality industry, my weight loss hasn't been easy but my personal challenge is coming to a close with a celebration over in Ireland about to begin.

Final weight loss total coming up and how I did it in or around June 9 or 10th area.

Ok.....gotta run for now. The city of Dallas is just going nuts now that we are in the NBA Finals.

UP NEXT:

Checking "Ladybug" into her 'hotel' w/me leaving for DFW Airport and the start of this adventure.:woohoo:

T.T.F.N.

.....weather forecasts for Ireland are looking pretty good w/no to very little chance of rain:woohoo:....

....thru June 8th.

things could change tho - keep yer fingers crossed:wizard: as
in a little over 199 hours from now......

the adventure FINALLY begins:goodvibes.

UP NEXT:

Got yer track shoes on??;) cuz this adventure will be set from a standpoint of a first timer into Ireland (solo traveler) who can cover a lot of ground quickly:upsidedow.

- Promise as always to take plenty of pics and video where I can -

T.F.F.N.

With me working so close to DFW airport, I am so acustomed to flights being delayed.

WEATHER FORECAST for my date of arrival in Shannon, Co Claire:

60% chance of rain and "check for flight delays"

Makes me wonder where they take you should your flight be delayed.

London perhaps??:confused3
If so, mabey a little bit of shopping while at Heathrow??:woohoo:

Don't know.

Ah well.....this could get interesting.

Stay tuned -popcorn::

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112250.jpg

UP NEXT:
THE STORY BEGINS

T.T.F.N.

and mine began with me sitting at a full count while playing baseball with some friends of mine.
When suddenly out of no where, what I expected to be another fastball turned out to be a plate full of pancakes.:confused3

So, I whirled around and began to ask the Ump just what in the heck is the issue when he bagan to bark at me!!

YES - bark:eek:.

I was looking at him with my head turned to the side and my ears forward when suddenly he disappeared.

WENT POOF!!

......then I woke up -

looked around and realized that it was Ladybug telling me to get up and take her to her "hotel.";)
Realizing that I had better get moving, I got quickly dressed and headed out the door this morning and got her "checked in" with no issue.

WOW - she's 14 yrs old and still kicking!!

ANYWHO -
So after a very lazy afternoon was spent by yours truely getting any last minute things packed, I was out the door at about 9pm for an evening movie at a local movie theatre.

What movie you ask did I see??popcorn::

Why, "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides."

Not bad of a movie but I do say the best one of all was the very first installment.

But hey, what a better way than to end my first day of my adventure than a quick trip to IHOP and grab a bite to eat:thumbsup2.

Thus, I celebrated the end of my diet (total weight lost was 15 lbs) by having a plate of pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs and a big ol glass of OJ that couldn't be beat.

And with that, I am now on my way to DFW airport.:woohoo:

But b 4 I go 4 now, first just a few friendly reminders/tips on how I am choosing to approach this vacation:

I am choosing comfort over style when it comes to what I have packed for clothing and other things since weather is going to play a role in the first 5 days of my vacation.

I am wearing (and plan on primarily using) a pair of Sand N Surf shoe thats primarily designed for wet weather and I intend on wearing shorts for most of the trip.
Though rest assured that I do have packed a pair of brown khakki pants and a pair of white tenny shoe should my mood or otherwise dictate a change.
And the temperature while I am over there?? Highs in the upper 50's to low 60's and lows in the low 50's.

Oh and one more item 2 toss in ya direction: I won't be bringing my laptop:scared1:.

But hey, no worries as I plan on HOPEFULLY giving a few updates here and there where the internet is available.

Pictures and video will be downloaded and my blog once I get back to the USA.

SO with all that, I am outta here for now, Front desk has said that my Cab is here.:yay:

UP NEXT:

Getting into Shannon Airport, how was the ride over there and highlights of my first few days over in the Emerald Aisle.:goodvibes

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112248.jpg

Cheers

So I arrived at Shannon Airport at 6:45am yesterday with no major issues. The flight over went off without a hitch - thought I do say I really does pay to bring things with you to keep you occupied for the long flight over.
What made my flight a complete delight was sitting next to a very nice young lady named Tina (from Limerick) whom together, we had the whole row just a rocking into the night with good craic and libations.
We disembarked from the flight ok but I do say that the Guiness' in me that day (and night) really made the rain a non-issue.
and the Honeymeade:cloud9:.

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112037.jpg

Ok....just a quick update - will write more later about my day one....I promise.

UP NEXT:

Dublin (day 5&6 of my adventure) :cloud9:.

T.T.F.N.

Are you okay with shorts??? That seems mighty chilly to me (and damp) for shorts. DD is heading over tomorrow night and I've advised her nothing shorter than capris. ;)

Are you okay with shorts??? That seems mighty chilly to me (and damp) for shorts. DD is heading over tomorrow night and I've advised her nothing shorter than capris. ;)

Just a quick update -

Yes - I seem to be one of only 2 (out of 36 people) who are wearing shorts but hey......the weather has really surprised me the most because it was just been GeorgEOUS the past 2 days - could not complain at all.:goodvibes

per se - NO RAIN:woohoo:

Now about the shorts issue: Yes, fair to say that I wear shorts during the day but pants at night (when we all go out as a group, etc) & I wanna look nice.
So all in all, yes is my answer - bring both but be prepared to wear pants and a hoodie (?) at times since it can get just a wee bit chilly at night (if ya got out, etc).
But overall, yes I am comfortaBLE in shorts because I am choosing comfort over style as I have literally packed 2 suitcases of stuff into 1 for this trip as that also includes:

9 shirts
3 shorts
1 khakki pants
2 pair tenny shoes
2 dress belts

should it tho get a wee bit chilly in the late aftnernoons, all of that can be easily cured with a nip or two or MEADE:cloud9:.

They sell it at the local Off Lisence stores and it goes GREAT with food:).

Speaking of food, had lots of fun checking out Dublin - hit 18 of the 35 stops at the Hop off Hop On, Gogarty's was a blast and so was the music pub crawl.
even got in a game of darts:yay:

FRIenDLY TIP/ SUGGESTION:

Engage the Irish in conversation - it is a total blast as you will be just as much fun out of it as they get listening to ya. I am having the time of my life here - taken over 500 pictures and boo-koos of video, and am finding out that Honeymead wine really really really kicks up the atmospere a lot when you go out and listen to Traid or what not, etc AS IT goes great w/food).

besides - after I made a pub sing along request (Dubliners music of course): 1) Weile Weile Waile & 7 `'Tipsy' Nights - I had the whole place a rockin with a lot of them thanking me for that.
(yes, these songs r a ffeeww yrs old but hey......if we can 'tolerate' Johnny Cash music.....then why not request some Dubliners?;)

So all in all - weather again today was great w/no worries at all........
just keep in mind that it gets light outside around 4am with the sun setting around 11pm (this plays mind tricks on me DAILY). But I have gotten used to it.

Pics and video will be forthcoming I promise as internet acess is a rather dodgy thing to do but w/o me being too cheeky, I must give back this laptop from a kind lass (from Dublin) who has allowed me to borrow her laptop.

UP NEXT:

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112335.jpg

(pic shot while in a Ireland hotel)

OK....so what exactly did I do while in Dublin (day 5 & 6 of my adventure) ?????? and where did i go for wonderful chocolate and Coca Cola ?
and what about food????

cheers

Ok.....just a small hint as to how much I enjoyed my vacation.....

RE: Dublin - my fav topic. What is there to say...but lots. There is lots to do and lots to seepopcorn::.

The sun plays a constant trick on me as I was up around 4 am on my Dublin day...thanks be 2 Gosh that there was a true Irish weather of Sunny skies with NO RAIN:woohoo:.

Got in a wonderful bubblebath (ASk Housekeeping for extra bottles of shampoo...they make great Bath beads, etc.#

Breakfast was wonderful:

Afterwards, it was time for my vveerryy busy day -

So from there, we all went on to see the sights of the center portion of the town. Lots of history to see as the highlight of my day was St Patricks' Cathedral as I am 1/2 irish:

(IN DEFERENCE TO Disboards.com policy, I am choosing to NOT post pics of ST Pat's Cathedral)

Anywho -

Dublin Castle was fun to learn about:

The medieval part was fun as well:

And the best part I liked about Dublin was just all the history of it.

...from there it was almost time for lunch -

at Guiness.

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112399.jpg

now what about my afternoon (ON your own time)?

where did I go??

where pub did i visit and sing 'My Pretty irish Girl?

AND WHAT OTHER PLACES did i visit??
so go brab some popcorn and yer fav soda as my afternoon really picked up speed culminating in a music pub crawl (3 pubs plus one on my own) with a Smithwicks or two....;)

and even got a wee bit cheeky on the Hop on Hop off with the locals.
Too much fun as enjoyment was had by all this day.:goodvibes

and the Hop on Hop off??

WONDERFUL!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

More Details coming up as well as pics and video when I begin to put into chronological order my daily life while over in the Emerald Aisle.popcorn::

UP NEXT: The response I got after singing , "My pretty Iish girl", in a pub and how much fun it was at the Woollen Mills (lots of shopping).

Cheers

with food:).

Speaking of food, had lots of fun checking out Dublin - hit over 70% of the stops at the Hop off Hop On, Gogarty's was a blast and so was the music pub crawl.
even got in a game of darts:yay:

t.t.f.n.

Hi,

Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip so far.

We are also planning on bringing a couple pair of shorts, we are from MI so we are use to wearing shorts in cool weather.

Did you make reservatons ahead of time for Gogarty's? We will be arriving in about a week and thought that would be alot of fun...maybe the music pub crawal also.

Thanks,
Denise

Hi,

Sounds like you are having a wonderful trip so far.

We are also planning on bringing a couple pair of shorts, we are from MI so we are use to wearing shorts in cool weather.

Did you make reservatons ahead of time for Gogarty's? We will be arriving in about a week and thought that would be alot of fun...maybe the music pub crawl also.

Thanks,
Denise

funny story about Gogartys (all meant in good fun) - I was in a pub one night and I kept of pronouncing it 'Go-garties' -

a very nice young lady was just a listening intently to my Texas accent when she leaned over and whispered in my ear 'It's pronounced GO-Ger-tIES.

WITH which I leaned over and whispered in her ear 'how much do ya charge?

she said, 'fer what?

I said, 'I need to hire ye as my translator (that wasnt the first and knowing me not my last word I am going to mispronouce):rotfl:.

.........we are still in 'negoiations' via email;).

ANYWHO -

so about Gogerties.....

IMO, if ya know what time ya r going to wander up to that neck of the woods, YES - I would make a ressie.

ME? I didnt know the exact time I was gonna make it so I chanced it....
and got in w/no issue.

So heads or harps, ya can't go wrong either which way.

and their food - WONDERFUL!!:)

-----------------------

and yes, I too have family in Grosse Pointe Woods, Ann Arbor and Chelsea so this is why I am also very comfortable in shorts:goodvibes.

OK ---- about the weather.

no issue with the exception of only one day - all others have been sunny:woohoo:.

BIGGEST TIP I CAN PASS ON:

When ya have an Irish coffee, be sure and have not only a scone or to but to also have.....imo - something else to go wid it ....

like Fudge:cloud9:.

or add something to the coffee;) to give it that extra kick!!

YUMM!!!:goodvibes

I have done that 3 times and love it!!

The reason???

their orange juice (in the am) just didn't do it for me in as far as waking me up:lmao:.

Ok - gotta run 4 now. I am about to grate the sidewalks tonight.;)

UP NEXT:

the finishing of my day in Dublin ---- i promise.

yes - I have lots of pics and video - will attach them to my blog once I get back to the USA.

p.s. and I also have a funny little ditty about my conversation with a vet inside his store (when we visited Kilarney) . Very funny as it a play on words.:goodvibes.

GOLF ANYONE??

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112067.jpg

(pic of some people having fun playing golf)

cheers

Got one more night left (we are currently in Galway Bay) before I have an early flight back to the States. Have had one incredible time here - no issues and no bad weather.:goodvibes

Have over 800 pics now and lots and lots of video - esp of trad bands from all over Ireland, food & landscapes. My 2nd fav place?

Details coming up. no worries.

Anywho -

Lookin forward to heading back as I will begin to load up the pics and video ...fill in the gaps of all my days here.......and also give ya some fantabolous reviews on where I was during my bonus day.:thumbsup2

Where was I?

One place? It's historical in nature via US history and a very wonderful place to see.:goodvibes
and the other place?

DETAILS coming up when I get back to the USA as well as the reasons why I highly highly highly highly recommend this adventure.
popcorn::

.....along w/plenty of pics and video - I promise.

But in a few weeks, it will be time for me to turn my attention to my next adventure:

** HAWAII** popcorn::

UP NEXT:

Fillin in the gaps on all my days here in the Emerald Ailse (in chronological order) and my favs of places, foods & other what nots and oh yes......
adding in the pics & video as well as about that conversation I had wid that Vet.:woohoo:

and best of all - my story behind me singing, 'My Pretty Irish Girl' in a pub.

T.T.F.N. & Cheers

Been fun -

See ya Ms USA in a few hours as I am heading home:goodvibes.

T.T.F.N.

knewton64, since this apparently is not an ABD Trip Report, nor even a Disney Trip Report, it really does not belong in the ABD forum. I really think the Community Board is a better home for your report.

Thanks!
Sayhello

It sounds like you had a fun trip! Reminds me of the first trip to Ireland my DH and I took, with CIE tours, a pub intensive tour....:thumbsup2

It sounds like you had a fun trip! Reminds me of the first trip to Ireland my DH and I took, with CIE tours, a pub intensive tour....:thumbsup2

....what was the first thing I had to eat?

*** A 'Smashmouth' CHEESEBURGER **;):thumbsup2

Got my rest and I figure in a few days (2 weeks at most), will be loading up pics and video to this blog as yes, there were many an additional add ons I added to this adventure (including a Tradional pub crawl while in Dublin, etc) to make it one incredible time I will never forget.:goodvibes

AND.................putting in daily chronological order just what in the heck was I doing on over on the Emerald Aisle; which includes the good, bad and the "what in the heck??!!"popcorn::

T.T.F.N.

Saturday June 11th: popcorn::
Hotel we stayed in: Bunratty Castle Hotel

"Day Two:"

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112003.jpg

So, it all began with me touching down into Shannon Ireland's airport around 6:45am with me ready to get off that plane and onto Ireland's soil with a great big ol grin on my face.
And with an extra bounce in my step, I said my goodbyes to my flying friend Tina (we converse via e-mail now) and headed off to baggage pickup and then onto the meeting area (1st floor) for all CIEr's.

RATS!!

4 people missed their planes for one reason or another so with a slight delay, we were finally on our way to Bunratty Hotel. The weather?? Fair to say this was the only day that the weather just stunk B-U-T.....with an atttiude adjustment on my part (& me wearing a wet shoe for rain) I was ready for anything.
We finally meandered our way on to the hotel around 10am (check out the cemetary behind the hotel!!) with me be-bopping on over to the Folk Park section of it and for those of you who like Walt Disney parks...well....you won't be disappointed as I just fell in love with the place.:goodvibes
Moreover, the interior design and layout of each of the buildings was a marvel to see. Really enjoyed the place.:)

Here is a pic of one of the buildings as I was walking towards Bunratty Folk park:
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112009.jpg

and a video of the park itself:

** Just double click on the below video & it will play **

I had fun seeing all of Folk Park & The Village Street but ran outta time and didn't see the Bunratty House - to me a must see for allpopcorn::.

NEXT TIME....there must be a next time for me and Ireland.

ANYWHO -

and the Bunratty hotel?
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112004.jpg

very nice and beautifully layed out in design as well. Yes, here and there I did see signs of age but overall, a really well put together hotel.

and Durty Nellie's??
FYI: ** be sure & check the opening times for Durty Nellies for all that's interested **
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112015.jpg

(exterior shot of Durty Nellies)

But alas, just as soon as I was really getting into the spirit of Folk Park (And Durty Nellies), it was time for my spa retreat! So I sloshed, wet feet and all (I'd say the high temp that day was around 58 degrees), across the street and back to the hotel for IMHO, 3 hours of just pure heaven ( the "Dreams Massage" followed by a neck, shoulder and head massage) and afterwards, they put my in a ocotgen shaped room filled with scented candles and some relaxation music in the background.

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112005.jpg

**WOW!!**:thumbsup2

Ok - if ya have speakers attached to your computer, turn them up a wee bit and listen in on the kind of music they were playing:

**just double click on the below video w/your computer mouse & it will play**

The lady who worked me over was from Thialand and she was just fantastic!!

I highly recommend doing one spa treatment while u r on vacation as this one didn't dissapoint. So around 4pm, I decided it was time for me to get cleaned up and ready for the CIE's "Meet and Greet."

ME.....no food in me and about ready for set sail on an evening of merriment and fun with drink and food.
and I tell ya what, the Guiness (during the Meet & Greet) didn't disappoint me as the Medieval banquet was just as equally as fun as well. Just wish the banquet served "Honeymeade wine" but they didn't but hey..the wine they did serve still did the job as so did the food.
Ah well, still had fun before I knew it, it was 9pm and time to head back to the hotel. But I managed to sneak in a peak at Durty Nelly's - pretty cool place.

POSTSCRIPT: I was a little disapointed that I wasn't thrown into the dungeon (at the Bunratty Castle) but oh well....next time....for there will be a next time.....:yay:

here is an exterior shot of Bunratty Castle:
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112011.jpg

and the beginning of our evening:

** Just double click on the below video & it will play **

and a pic:
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112046.jpg

Alas -
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112055.jpg

(They make it look dark outside the castle but in actuality its still light outside)

Soon, our meals were finished , the wine downed but not our spirits as we slowly left the castle, this guy played us a few good tunes:

** just double click on your mouse & the video will play **

ANYWHO -

Not denying it, as I was heading back to the hotel, I felt just a weeeee bit "happy"....let the wine settle a bit then it was off for a nice bubblebath and just a weeeee bit more Meade before tumbling off to bed around 11:45pm.
All in all, one wonderful way to spend day one in Ireland.:)

but wait!

For all you history buffs, this is what the castle looked like way back when:

IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112022.jpg

(photo taken inside Bunratty Folk park entrance)

Coming up:

DAY 2: Reality shock about the Cliffs of Mohorpopcorn:: & the beginning of being introduced to Tom's (the tour guide) jokes.........

cheers

Sunday June 12th (overall a 20% chance of isolated showes w/high of 56 degrees):
Hotel we stayed in: local B&B in Kilarney

Day Three:

4am came before I knew as I was out of bed and roaming the grounds of the hotel in a vain attemp to work off some of last night's meal and wine (did I say I just fell in love w/Honeymeade??...that's goooooood stuff!!) and meandered back to my room around 5:30 for another round of a good bubblebath (I knew to make realll good friends with housekeeping all throughout my vacation as they kept me well stocked with toilteries) to soak my feet, wake up and get ready for another big day.

ANYWHO -

around 7am, it was time for some breakfast.:woohoo:

and did it ever do its job as I really got into the pancakes as the syrup was thick and filled with the equivalent of my morning cup of coffee....

or two.;)
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112062.jpg

(Even ol Uncle Scrooge liked the food)

So, 8am was soon upon me and Tom said it was time for all of us to head out to the motorcoach and towards today's desitination:

The Clifffs of Mohor.

The drive to it was very beautiful and peaceful:

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE ON THE BELOW VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY**

the quiet time driving to the cliffs also gave me an opportunity to reflect on my choice to NOT crawl on my belly and get as close to the cliff's edge as I can; then pear downward.

I am glad I listened to my inner self on that & refrained from doing that.

WHY You ask??

keep reading....you will see why shortly.popcorn::

So, the motorcoach pulled up to the cliffs around 11am as we all tumbled out of the coach and checked out the sights:

entrance to the Cliffs:
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112094.jpg

another pic of the Cliffs:
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112078.jpg

and a video of the Cliffs:

** just double click on the below video & it will play **

Spellbound and in awe would be the two words best describing what I saw. I just stood there for about 10 minutes just listening to the ocean.:cloud9:

and yes, Tom the tour guide made the drive to the Cliff's all that more enjoyable with his .....shall we say........really really rreeaallyy bbaadd jokes.

How bad were they??

Well, I will put it you this way:

Tom Keane's jokes are the world's best cure for any hangover:lmao:.

Like I was encountering that issue just a wee bit that am.:sick:
oh well....

PPSSST!! be sure and ask him (should you go to Ireland and have him as your tour guide) about "The Chicken and the Frog joke" or Mint jelly mint jelly mint jelly for they are worth a groan or two.:goodvibes.

And Tom.....If ya are reading this blog, consider that to be a compliment:thumbsup2 as your humor will definately put a smile on anyone's face.

ANYWHO -

But before I knew it, it was noon so I boogied on down as fast as I could from the cliffs to check out the visitors center. It was when I approached the center did I see 3 men dressed in what looked like bright yellow safety vsets on with an orange stripe running down it. Not paying too much attention to them, I hurried on towards the center and went inside.

Pretty cool place and nice gift shop as well. Wasn't dissappointed in it.

12:30pm was soon upon me and we all were off to our next destination; Kilarney.

As we were heading onward to our next destination, I asked Tom who those yellow safety vested people were who seemed in a hurry that day.

He replied, "Oh, they are fishing people out.":scared1:

YIKEs!!! Evidenly this wonderful vista of a sight is also a place like the Grand Canyon (in the USA) -

a hot spot for people to jump.

And that day, two visitors did.

Now why in the world people would choose to do this I will never no but I digresss.

Oh and the hat I am wearing? It came from my tour of Scotland I did a fews years ago and it sure did keep my ears from having to hear the wind cuz it was quite windy up there while seeing the cliffs as the wind changed direction often:
IRELANDPICS-JUNE20112074.jpg

ANYWHO -

4pm: we made it to the local b&b (nice place I add) got all checked in and about an hour later, we all headed out to Kate Kearney's.

So -
How was the evening's meal and the step dancing?? And what did I do to "plus it" just a wee bit??

Stay tuned.popcorn::

UP NEXT:

Living it up while at Kate Kearneys

Cheers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts