MY "ADVENTURES n DISNEYLAND, CATALINA ISLAND & OTHER ASSORTED STUFF" TR; SEPT '15 (W/PICS & VIDEO)

I'M BRINING BACK THE 'TR MOOD MUSIC' CUZ.........

:goodvibes(with a wee bit of some mood music to help set the tone):goodvibes
pppssstttt!!! Just double right click w/yer computer mouse over the above video & it will play 4 u

and as an extra bonus......
how about some music from Downtown Disney and David Wayne??

The reason why I am doing this is
.....I'm seeing that you can listen to it while reading this TR.:goofy:
(its only good for that page that u r on)

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL:wave2:

Last edited:
YOU R NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS ONE......

(pic of me with Mr. Mouse....from day one of my adventure)

but remember that I have been up since 4am.....right????
Well, I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I was determined to see 'Paint the Night' parade and 'Disneyland Forever'..........

ok....I must be:crazy2:!!

So, I set out to meander both parks.......
nibble on various food and drink -

and around 7pm, I literally began to physically run outta gas.:faint:

Tikki Room was my answer!!:littleangel:

Found it around 7:30pm.......
Took a quick 'dog-nap' n there until the the show started (found my second wind in the process) &
once it let out, I exited the building,
turned right and found myself right smack dab in the middle of what appeared to be like a NYE event in NYC!!:crowded:

Hmmmmmm.......IT'S THE PARADE & FIREWORK crowd!!:banana:

I made a bee-line for the rope, went under it and stayed there.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The Parade?? IMO, not yo Momma's old school Electrical Parade .....
LUVED IT!!:thumbsup2

and the Fireworks?? Outta dis world!!:cheer2:

Now afterwards???:eek:
Follow me here, I and the rest of the huddled masses (or was I just that tired but havin fun:scratchin) found ourselves walking and wound up IN BACK of the castle......then I wound up or in this case, was herded by the CM's into Tomrorrow Land , then we wound up back in front of the castle, found our way to the exits -

Having fun having the time of my life - giggling and laughing all the way back to PPH -:lmao:

....stumbled into the bath tub for a relaxing H20 bath and tumbled into bed just a smidge past midnight -

NOW THAT"S A DISNEY FAN FER YA.....staying up dang near 24 hours in a DISney park and having a blast doing so.:woohoo:

UP NEXT:
Seeing WOC for the very first time & what's next for my next guided Disneyland / DCA tour??popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

(me with our Cultivating the Magic Tour guide......hmmmmm.....ya think I like lanyard pins??:laughing:)

DAY FIVE:goofy:SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 19TH
HIGH TEMP 82 DEGREES

"We are paining the roses red"

Today was the first day I actually carried on a quick 30 second conversation with Mr. Mouse when he came calling at 6am this time (hey....I 'slept in late today') via my wake up call.
Blogged for a bit-
Got a early afternoon late lunch ressie made up (just made it today) at Carnation Café.......:dancer:

why?
I am in the mood for some potato soup after my 2nd tour of my adventure:
"Cultivating the Magic" tour.

Then I
was out dat door by 8am for my Cultivating the Magic Tour at DCA.:jumping1:

Found Guest Relations at DCA with no issue and got all checked n by 8:45am, met out Tour Guide and the rest of our tour group.:tinker:

My overall impression of this tour? It's a excellent compliment to The Disney California Story as well as Walk in Walt's footsteps and IMHO, should not be missed. it gave me something that I have been missing and never really thought of it -

(look around you....look how the colors, the flowers and the trees, shrubbery, etc really help to make the attraction what it is):)

Ok.....hope this makes sense -

All these years,
I have been literally running from Disney attraction to attraction, not really paying attention to anything except for the ride......

NOW - thru this tour , it has provided me the much needed way to SLOW DOWN and see the sights SURROUNDING the attraction you are about the go on, etc & well =

this was the most enjoyable one outta all three that I went on.....IMHO.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

(to hear how the shrubbery, plants & trees, etc compliment the Jungle Cruise was rreealllyyy informational, educational and really held my attention)

I mean, to hear the background on the flowers......

(get it?? Painting the roses red??)

......, bushes, trees, etc and how they help to compliment the Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, Storybook land........

........the Hub......etc was truly an enchanting way to spend a few hours at a Disney park and I really appreciated it.

Soon, it was time to say our goodbyes but b4 that happened, up walked Paula with a small gesture of thank you:

OUR LANYARD PIN!:yay:

Said our goodbyes and hmmmmmmm..........
I didn't have my character breakfast this am!!

I have got a rumbly n my tumbly!!
only one way to cure it!!:stir:

I HAVE GOT A 2PM DATE AT CARNATION CAFE AND SOME MUCH NEEDED POTATO SOUP!!popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
DISNEYLAND%20SEPT%2015%20PICS%20478_zpskizltxql.jpg

(some of the different hat wear I saw while @ Carnation Café)

2pm came upon me before I knew it as I spent the approx. 120 minutes prior just having fun looking at DCA / Disneyland from a whole new perspective thanks to the tour I got done seeing. TOTAL FUN!!

Anywho -
all that walking made me just a tab bit hungry so

(never been to Carnation Café but heard so much about it)

and......
courtesy of the Food Network & Ryan Scott -

I just had to check out some of the Baked Potato soup at the Café -:worship:

and -

Sure enough - it hit the spot and then some!:love:

It was sooooooo nice to be spoiled all week long in celebrating my birthday!!party:

Which this gave me the 'energy' to have fun milling around the parks for another 150 minutes or so until..........

UP NEXT:
My reaction to Carthay Circle restaurant & WOC.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

"Pretty Cool place":smooth:

5:30pm came upon me quicker than I thought and I found myself at this place......
along with a camera whose batteries didn't wanna cooperate -

WHICH STUNK!!:eek:
So, from what little I was able to take ,
here is a shot of the interior:

The lobby (taken the next day)

some of the things they had on display in the lobby -:)

ANYWHO -
about my dinner...........:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

and wine......
and bread & butter -

LUV DISNEY BUTTER!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Was having a pretty good time when these two to the left of me were celebrating their birthday so since we all had something in common -
12020054_10103707203890541_1434585118015646364_n.jpg

(thank you you two for a fun evening seeing WOC.....with wine):teleport:

we all decided to head off together and see WOC together.

IMHO, WOC was very pretty and filled with nostalgia - yes even admit I cried while watching it.:sad:

It was so sweet and a very nice way to put an almost nice way to end an evening.

Not to be outdone here, we both said our goodbyes as soon as it was over with Yours Truly headin' off to Downtown Disney (by now the wine had 'worn off'):rolleyes1

for some more Marceline's

& Haagen-Daz and some guitar playing listening to!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Didn't get back to PPH until very very late again -:tinker:

popped into the bathtub for some much needed H20 bubblebath -

popped on some Disney music (on low) on my Ipod very soon thereafter
with the Sandman finally catching up to me around 1am.:smickey:

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
So ------

by now, I am really starting to see Halloween decorations pop up -

and of course,

So this really added to the overall fun of my vacation adventure.:woohoo:

only bad issue is yyyeess,:headache:
I have got plenty of video, just I am having an issue:headache: uploading it onto photobucket and in turn posting it to DISboards.:headache:

Sorry about that -

ANYWHO -
as Mickey would say, "And now - On with the Show!":goodvibes

TTFN
&

:bride:

DAY 6
SUNDAY September 20th
SUNNY SKIES WITH HIGH TEMP OF 100 DEGREES!!:sunny:

5am came early for me but this time, I chose again to be kind to Mr. Mouse when he called as I said, "It's time for me to have some of your waffles at Storytellers!":hyper2:

He didn't seem amused........:magnify:

Oh well -:rolleyes1

And with that, I kicked on some Disney music, popped into the bathtub for about 1/2 a hour and after that, the hot water from the bath began to help me wake up and soon I was up and out that door by approx. 7am for a date with some Mickey Waffles and such at Storytellers -

(take note - HOT COCOA!! = YYUUMM!!)

of course, ya just had to try some-

FYI - :drinking1I have learned on this adventure that having wwaayyyyyy toooo much hot cocoa , orange juice and waffles THEN inner acting with the Disney characters is just soooooo much fun VS when you don't have allllllll that before hand!!:rotfl:

(Psstttt!! Just like when I conversed with Peter pan the next day, but that's for another posting......):jumping1:

and of course, a character breakfast wouldn't be complete without -:worship:

(yes, I brought my autograph book)

ANYwho -
8:45am was upon me (yes, I stay for 1 hour anytime I am at a character breakfast) so I was off to Disneyland for my 9:15am check in for the tour:

"A WALK IN WALT'S FOOSTEPS."

(our Tour Guide):drinking:

Beforehand the tour got started,
I noticed some of the characters were out and about near City Hall,

so of course, I just had to say hi to them for a few minutes, then it was back to the start of the tour:

Was fun and very enlightening listening to Walt's own words as we traversed our way through the park and yes, I even took the time to SLOW DOWN and read the inscription and just imagine what it must have felt like seeing after effects of the car accident that brought the base of the flagpole on over to Disneyland -

(very glad I saw this):)

This tour held my attention because you are literally retracing his steps during key times at Disneyland and to also have audio match up with what you are seeing = WOWZERS!!:woohoo:

IMHO, the tour wouldn't be complete without a tour to the "Dream Suite":worship:

and -

IMHO, the presentation of it was sooooooooooooooo much better than when I first saw it via an ABD's "BSM Tour" 6 years ago and is a must see while on this tour.....really completes the tour.

Yes, I fought long and hard - even turned in a complaint to Guest Services over how Disneyland presented the Lilly Belle but obviously times are a changing and moreover on this day, not even the Monorail was running in the afternoon since it was getting 100 degrees!!

Our Tour boxed lunch was just right -

Received a very cool looking lanyard pin and soon, I was off and running again to see other things that I haven't seen before -

Like "Mickey and the Magic Map."
fun thing and yes....a 'must see"

but not when it's 100 degrees outside!!:scared:
(and no wind!!)

But I was determined to slug it out and had fun in the process but I will admit, the heat was beginning to get to me.
So
afterwards, I was in the mood for some

and just had a small but very relaxing 45 minutes people watching in front of the castle while nibbling on some much needed popcorn and washed it down with a Sprite.

Afterwards......
gotta follow me on this one -

So with popcorn kernels and a few leftover popcorn STILL in the bucket, I was slugging it out attempting to walk back to PPH feeling like melted butter soon to be boiling butter.......

walking in to any kind soul restaurant and asking for a scoop of iced iced water......
got two cups of it and immediately dumped it into the popcorn bucket -

repeated said task multiple times while walking -
and as I was exiting the parks,

Drinking from it literally every two steps.......
I turned towards the CM....
showed them the bucket -

they looked at me and said, "you poor thing you!"

I said, 'Doesn't this bring all new definition to the phrase, "Get a bucket of ice and chill?":laughing:

UP NEXT::drinking1
getting my wind back while chilling out over some much needed dinner at -

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
TOLD YA I AM A 'FOODIE' AT HEART:tinker:

and -

(YYUUMM!!!!):cloud9:

Just some tib-bits of things ta come and keep in mind, it was during this evening I also saw RSR for the VERY FIRST TIME AS WELL!!:woohoo:

STAY TUNED -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&"

So after about an hour of decompressing and getting my wind back at PPH, I dipped my head in the shower, got cleaned up and was outta dat door n no time flat and was on my way to experiencing seeing literally a move spring up before your very eyes!

I couln't help but literally have my jaw hit the pavement for a few minutes as it was really a sight to behold!!

Rode the winning car on my very first try!!
Luved every minute of it -

and then slowly made my way on over to Alfresco tasting terrace for some -

Normally I am a Merlot & PInot Noir kind of a wine snob :snooty:
but here I thought I would step outta my comfort zone and try something different -

and

But no wine tasting of flights just wouldnt be complete without some sliders -

Loved the flight of wines.....I just had to repeat it for a second time!:p
So much so, I was having fun just looking out off on my right when I thought I was seeing something strange........

I actually saw some of the fabled DISneyland cats paw:
for the VERY FIRST TIME!! - WAY COOL!!

After a while, the wine did its job
and so did the Sliders -:teleport:

Now I was off to hear the live tunes of "Five & Dime".......
but I need of some ice cream munchie of sorts to go with it.

BUT
where?:scratchin

DETAILS COMING UP -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
I found the answer in -

and $12 just had to 'leave" my wallet for some ice cream & cookies........$ well spent IMHO.:worship:

Later, I took just a few steps outside of their establishment and heard this -

I tell ya, what a wonderful way to finish off what has been a fantaboulous day!:cloud9:

and afterwards, I made my way slowly back on over to PPH hotel, threw myself n2 a nice hot H20 bath products bubble bath, blogged fer a wee bit and finally hit lights out around 1am.:surfweb:

Enjoying the time of my life out here.popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
EVER GET IN ONE OF 'THOSE MOODS?":rolleyes1

(psstt!!! ok.....so I was 'dressed" in my Spa day.....1 day early):rotfl:

DAY 7 SUNDAY
SEPTEMBER 21ST
SUNNY SKIES WITH HIGH TEMP OF 84 DEGREES:crazy2:

Today was sorta a mixed bag of sorts -
Was my last full day here n 'non reality land' and I well.....

just had a I don't care attitude
(not in a negative way):)

So later on after waking up and making my way down to Disneyland,
Had fun checking out

for some MUCH needed breakfast:worship:

(I began to wake up after the umpteenth cup of hot cocoa I downed!):tongue:

Spent well over an hour inner acting with ALL the characters -

One of the sweetest characters I have ever met -

and of course, ya can't forget -

I call this one, "TWO OF A KIND":laughing:

Soon, I was off to say my goodbyes to both Disneyland and DCA and spent a very relaxing and carefree day just walking around both parks & remembering all what I have learned via the tours I had been on earlier and well.....

even forgot to tell ya about the time I just had to check out the Coke Corner from my Day 5 -

and no doubt there are a few others out there I forgot to mention, but overall - this has been one incredible and quite a fun adventure.

ANYWHO -

I just spent the day just
a chillin out.:hippie:

UP NEXT:

Meeting a Genie

&

YO HO........
YO HO............

a dinner ressie for me!!popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
Some Misc pics from my adventure -

I bet Captain Hook is asking himself, "WHAT'S A SELFIE?":laughing:

and -
can't ferget THE QUEEN

TTFN
&

pirate:**YO-HO YO-HO A DINNER RESSIE 4 ME **pirate:

anywho -
so around 1:45pm, I remembered that I hadn't yet seen Aladdin

So I scrambled back on over to DCA and while waiting in line, I struck up a pretty cool conversation with 4 people who were evidently CM's during their off time. Well, one thing lead to another and they invited me to sit on row one of the theatre as a fantastic time was had by all.:thanks:

Still say tho "carpet" stole the show away from Genie......:genie:

Soon, I had another rumbly in my tumbly and I was off to Disneyland and a Pirate of a good time on over at Blue Bayou.

I never knew there was a restaurant inside the POTC attraction ride until very recently so I thought it would be a great thing to see.:smooth:

Here is a pic of their outdoor seating area -

Having dinner there really gave me wonderful ideas on where my next vacation adventure (after my next one) will be.........more on that later I promise.popcorn::

ANYWHO -
for starters, guess what I had??

GUMBO!!:woohoo:

and for dinner??

why, MORE GUMBO!:laughing:

YUM!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The atmosphere there was so nice as it felt like is was early evening with the fireflies out and you could look over on your right and see the docking area of the POTC attraction. Luved eating there and would not hesitate to do it again.:jumping1:

and just when I thought I would have some Beignets in New Orleans square, up comes this -

(so much fun celebrating my birthday all week long):bday:

Beignets??:scratchin

:)("HINT HINT" FOR THINGS TO COME THE NEXT DAY):)

Ya know there are
some inside New Orleans Square!!:scratchin

My mind was saying yes but my stomach was saying, "ARE YOU KIDDIN ME??":lmao:

Soon dinner was coming to a close and I decided to slowly make my way back on over to PPH, one last H20 hot bubble bath and actually called it an early night with dreams of my ultimate vacation adventure "Good Night Kiss" - :cloud9:

My spa retreat at Mandara Spa -

(their entrance)

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
PPSSTTT!!!8-)

Next time you are in HM, look around -

I never knew that there are Bats holding up the chain link railing (in the que just as you enter the art work beginning of the attraction) --

and the Busts?? I finally looked at them up close!
WAY COOL!!

allrightee -

on with the show -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

THE WAKE UP CALL BY MR MOUSE CAME WAYYYYYY 2 EARLY!!:scared:

Yes, it was "that time".......
time for -

DAY 8 MONDAY
SEPTEMBER 22ND
SUNNY SKIES WITH HIGH TEMP OF 82 DEGREES

ALSO KNOWN AS "DEPARTURE DAY"!!!!:sad:

With A heavy heart, I bid Mr Mouse a fond Adieu and was off in no time- (after a nice H20 bubble bath.....hey I gotta get n one more of those ya know!) - to my "good night kiss."

**at the Mandara spa **
The entrance to their Men's steam room -

It was early in the morning so I felt 'ok' to take this only picture -
(I was the only one there)

and
The 4 hours I spent at the spa was just pure bliss!:worship:
I would do this again if given the opportunity.

Spent a combined total of 30 minutes in the steam room and the sauna....LUVED IT.

and
I was well taken care of and so was my masseuse via a well deserved tip.:thanks:

Hmmmmm........gotta rumbly n my tumbly again!!!

Gotta a wee bit of time left before I have to go back to my home country of -

wait for it......
wait for it....................

REALITY LAND:rotfl:

So, where to go????????

got checked outta PH ok so again, choices....choices........... where to eat.

HHMMMMMMMM.......:scratchin

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:
:yay:** AND THE ANSWER IS........for starters...... **:smooth:

I somehow initially landed up here as I was hearing a chicken sandwich just a calling my name -:worship:

Not to be undone, I just 'had" to mosey on over to

afterwards and have me some of these that I missed out on the night before -

and -

** YUM!! **:cloud9:

and in nothing flat, I went thru 6 of those buggers!!

ANYWHO -
So.......just when ya think I am done here with my adventure n2 Disneyland and such, nothing beats finishing all this with a -

wait for it.....
wait for it.........

NOW!

and one of their famous -

and with that, I boogied back on over to PPH where my town car was waiting for me at 3pm and had a very nice ride back on over to LAX where I slept soundly like a new born baby with a pocketful of wonderful memories from an adventure I will never forget.

**THANK YOU WALT & FRIENDS **:thanks:

UP NEXT:
So where I am off to next??popcorn::

TTFN
&

Last edited:
Let the new tale of adventures now unfold in front of you -

So......
what mischief can I manage eh??:rolleyes1

Follow along if ya wantpopcorn::
per my new Trip report listed below in my signature -

T.T.F.N.
&

PPSSTT!!!!

Check out what's new on my new Trip report!!:)
12366340_10206550188850684_3698959502944647389_n.jpg

(gotta luv it! She & I have literally the same first name; yes I saw this on my FB page and thought it was just adorable)

'Dapper Days' was fun but I am now off to Florida -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter