My 2nd tale... Fantasy Rd 2, TR Rd 2: NO sea sickness! [Apr '16-East Car.] (Upd Apr19: COMPLETED)

Nice pics. So from your experience, would you say that the majority of the ship dressed up for formal night? or is sundress sufficient? Thanks.!
In all honesty it's a HUGE range!! Some families don't dress up at all and then you have the families that go full-on all out like in ball gowns and tuxedos! But I'd say it averages out to sundresses haha.

Great day at sea!

We also spend a good deal of time in the room. I enjoy just sitting/standing out on the verandah watching the water go by. Plus my other half needs a lot of naps.

Is the Aladdin show similar to the one they used to have at DCA? I've heard the one on Broadway is completely dofferent. I was so sad to see it go, and while Frozen is a top notch performance I'm not going to go back again and again.

Too bad the motion of the ship got to the rest of your party, maybe it was that and all the free drinks! Dinner looked good, gotta love the truffle pursettes!
Yeah! The last time Glendon and I cruised, we didn't get a verandah and got a room with the big portholes. We sat in the window a few times but nothing to the extent that we used our verandah! It's nice for the privacy with the feel of the ocean right in front of you hehe

The Aladdin show is pretty similar to the one that was at DCA, with the exception that it's on a smaller stage and the set up is a tad different. I'd just say it's to a smaller scale! Still enjoyable though! Everyone loves genie =) (I think this is what made it so easy to watch it again and again in DCA)

ahhhhh all the food was always so good

Love reading your report... we (me, my husband and 2 girls) were on this cruise! I keep looking for my family in the background of your pictures! :)
That's so neat! I would be doing the same thing trying to find myself in other people's photos haha! Did you guys go on any excursions at any of the ports? I'm curious to know what other peoples' experiences were!

Fantasy Round 2: Cruise Day 3!

Cruise Day 3 [part 1]: Second Day at Sea! Deck Photos! Mixology! CABANAS!

Goooooooood morning Disney Fantasy! I woke up on our third day on my own. I had yet again missed out on a sunrise with my mom, but I was also awake early enough that neither Glendon nor Michelle was awake yet.

I snuck onto the verandah for a few minutes to look out onto the ocean:
a8gesMH.jpg

Still pretty dark out, and the day doesn’t look all that great so far this morning:
FmiKIuT.jpg

I had no idea where my mom and dad were (presumably walking around deck after their breakfast…) so I decided to head up to Cabanas for a lone breakfast.

Jessica’s assortment of random morning foods to start off the day:
hTAufn2.jpg

(I was incredibly excited that Cabanas carries Silk yogurt!!! (aka, soy yogurt!!!!!) AND it’s in Cabanas with no up-charge SO you can imagine how excited I was =D I never get to eat yogurt anymore and non-dairy yogurt gets so expensive in the grocery stores that I just don’t get them. Yet here they are at Cabanas breakfast!)​

Needless to say, I enjoyed my breakfast. Haha. Afterwards I just walked around for a while, kind of took in the day. As the sun started to come up more, it was starting to look like a pretty good day ahead of us!

View of the ocean again:
JJLMnCB.jpg

Monsters, INC. was just starting up on Funnel Vision, so I decided to find myself a spot and lay down to watch. It was incredibly relaxing and comfortable now that the sun was up. Turns out… the light breeze and the warm sun in the air… it was the perfect hypnosis and I passed right out on my deck chair! I slept all the way until the end of the movie hahaha. By this time, Glendon and Michelle were up and heading to Cabanas. Since my breakfast was rather small it felt like time to eat again so I met up with them! While going around the buffet, I ran into our dinner time server (His name is Jimi! With one M and two I’s haha!) and he told me mom and dad were just here and pointed me in the direction of where they had headed! SO we had a nice family affair lunch at Cabanas! It was kind of nice since all of us were doing things at different paces around the ship.

The sand wall art of all the Disney castles around the world in Cabanas!
Hong Kong and Tokyo:
8L5RL1P.jpg

Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Paris!
ymVgdHc.jpg

And the best tile mosaic mural ever:
0eBCOqd.jpg

(Because just how beautiful is this!!! UGH I could literally look at this ALL DAY EVERY DAY and I would still love it each and every time!!!)​

My four plates of food for lunch… (Already ate a plate of sushi ahahaha):
m8hxT1f.jpg

(So much excitement for beets!!!) (And there is Michelle in the top of the photo with HER huge plate of food and egg and avocado sushi)

And mom’s plate for lunch (apparently she is really loving the surf and turf everyday for lunch haha!!):
qTIrSKm.jpg

During lunch, I also got mom to send me some of her photos from the morning. After their breakfast, mom and dad went and walked around on deck 4 for their morning bit of “exercise” (Guaranteed they ate a huge breakfast ahahaha). Mom’s photos never seem to NOT make me burst out laughing!

A photo of Dad in the hallway by the restaurants:
YHAMeeJ.jpg

Here is a picture of dad posing with the sunrise:
MgSmNcL.jpg

And here is a photo that mom is rather proud of….
dmKQvpj.jpg

When I asked her why she took a photo of her feet… She answered “isn’t this what people do on vacation?? Everybody I see, they have a picture of them laying down and a photo of their feet! I don’t know why people would want to see stinky feet, but everyone has one! So I took a picture of my stinky feet!” Oh mother… Honestly how do you not laugh at her ahaha.

After lunch, Michelle and Glendon decide to play basketball again. Mom and dad haven’t gone to see the playing area yet so we all walked there together. Glendon and Michelle started up their playing, and mom dad and I went around and took more photos.

A view from the edge of the stairs on deck 12:
TtGJ0Yf.jpg

A nice photo of mom and dad same spot:
dJQohab.jpg

A pic of dad and I:
rjNn2lp.jpg

Some deck wandering (LOADS of people in line for AquaDuck!!!):
RkE1elp.jpg

That clear tubing with water flow that is the AquaDuck!
Cfzk1a1.jpg

Funnel Vision and pool: (Looks like Tangled is on!)
VPOeJRX.jpg

View of the Mickey pool, slide, and look! Riders on the AquaDuck!
3RPPIoo.jpg

Deck is buuuuusy.

Adult only section with the pool… it was PACKED here too!!!
tiA1Tpr.jpg

Mom and I went and played in the pool for a bit. Dad wasn’t feeling too good (his asthma got pretty bad while on board and started to develop a cough) and he didn’t want to make people feel uncomfortable so he kind of just sat in a chair while we went for a “swim” in the adult only pool. Mom is terrified of deeper water (she can’t swim that well) so when we jumped into the pool she had a bit of a panic since her feet couldn’t touch the ground haha. We hung onto the edge of the pool for a while but honestly it was sooooo packed that we didn’t really know what to do while in the pool! So we decided to pop out and try out the hot tub instead.

Mom loved how the hot tubs were right up against the glass and thought it was a very very neat view:
r0aobBv.jpg

Mom was having a BLAST on the ship. Glendon and Michelle came and joined us for a bit when they were done playing basketball. Mom and I were still in the hot tub. I told them that the pool is too deep for mom and Michelle teased her for a bit. We only stayed in the hot tub for a little bit though, it was actually getting very crowded. So we got out and just sat on the deck chairs in the adult only area. There was a guitarist playing so it was nice.

It was actually very packed this day! Everybody wanted to be up on deck!
FfxaRkX.jpg

I don’t blame them though! Look at how nice a day it was!
5pGjgib.jpg

Since it was so crowded, mom and dad decided this was a good time to head back to our room to change and take a mid-day nap. In all honesty, it was very hard for Glendon, Michelle, and I to get three seats right next to each other. Most people had towels thrown over some chairs, and we just managed to pull three chairs together. This is also where I have to tell a small story… Hopefully it’s not about someone that is reading this! And if it is then I don’t mean to sound awful… it’s just I was bewildered!!

So here is my story: we actually couldn’t find three chairs that were completely empty and void of towels or personal items that were close together. We found two. And the third one… it was right next to the empty two we got… Well, this a lone chair (it was at the end of a row!!) that had a single teeny personal item on it. A very small shirt. Anyways, it was just the one item, and on the one chair at the end of the row. So we just made the assumption that it belonged to one person who was on deck somewhere on their own… And we made another assumption that it would be okay to move it to another lone seat. We moved it to an empty chair directly behind this chair. That’s it. And we did this, because this shirt had been there the entire time when mom and I played in the pool, sat in the hot tub… and no one had come to use this chair!! That whole time, no one was using this chair… So basically they had put their shirt there to reserve this one chair the entire time they were gone. On such a busy deck day I personally didn’t like that someone would do this (it was at least a whole hour…) so we didn’t think it would be a big deal to move it to a different chair. It wasn’t that we put it on a table or just not on a chair… it was still on another one… literally same chair just in a row back, so that the three of us could sit together. Anyways, the owner of said shirt actually came back while we were relaxing. And Michelle was sitting on said chair. All three of us were just doing chit chat… and the owner of this shirt… saw that her shirt was on a different chair and picked it up and walked over to Michelle and said “this shirt was on this chair.” To which I replied “I’m sorry, we just moved it back a seat so that we could sit together.” She wasn’t with anyone. The shade level was the same between the two chairs. She raised her eyebrows at us, looked at Michelle, and gestured her towards the other chair. Basically booted Michelle off and laid down next to me while Michelle got up and walked to the other chair. Uh, I understand that we moved her shirt without asking her first… but literally that seat was not in use at ALL. I’m pretty sure she deliberately laid down on that chair to make a point… Now poor Michelle is sitting behind us, and I’m sitting next to a lady who was mad that I moved her shirt. Needless to say, we felt very very very awkward. We decided we didn’t want to stay there anymore and got up to leave. I was just bewildered because to me it was rude of her to have left for soooooo long and claiming a chair that wasn’t being used. But I guess it was my fault for assuming it would be okay to move it. I wouldn’t have done it if it was anything more than a small shirt though! But I can see why someone would get mad, because they don’t know that I wouldn’t have moved it if it was more than a small shirt. I’m going to guess that she got mad that I had touched her personal belongings. Anyways that’s just my story. I personally didn’t think it was a big deal. But to her it was. It just put a small damper on my enjoyment since we are obviously all on this cruise to have a good time. SO deciding to leave at that moment seemed like a good idea.

Continuing on with our day!

We went over to deck 11 where we had a view of Funnel Vision. Wreck it Ralph just started to play! The three of us shared one chair for a little bit just leading up to 4pm (Glendon and Michelle signed up for Mixology!). Then they left to get changed and head to their mixology while I stayed up on deck!

Watching Wreck it Ralph:
fUIqPTa.jpg

It really was a very good day for laying in the sun!
lUcVp9Z.jpg

When you look directly up you get a nice view of the AquaDuck haha.
GLcVzdT.jpg

(I learned from the last cruise not to sit under one of the connectors because every now and then a drop of water would fall down on you and if you are sunbathing this isn’t exactly fun!!)​

And of course… That lovely warmth from the sun… and that light breeze… I found myself waking up a little while later from passing out unexpectedly haha! So I decided to get up and walk around to wake myself up.

Ended up back in the adult only area, but in one of the lounging seat areas:
VDPUYsV.jpg

It was surprisingly quiet on such a busy deck day in this area so I enjoyed the heat of the sun without the breeze of being on an open deck!
Zk5mbtE.jpg

dxN7VhT.jpg

Here are the photos that Glendon had gotten on his phone from their Mixology! It looked like lots of fun. Michelle had a blast and came back pretty pink in the face haha. I asked if she was any good at pouring drinks and she blamed her messiness on the motion of the boat haha.

Michelle up at the bar with some people from our Facebook group:
bTquzyn.jpg

Looks like fun!
0MdZkGX.jpg

Two shots Michelle:
nYQOKob.jpg

She looks a little too happy haha
bUwmYZO.jpg

Part of our Facebook group that were all part of this mixology:
WpyAJeR.jpg

Video of Michelle:

Second video of Michelle:

End of part 1 of our third day on the Disney Fantasy.

To Come… Cruise Day 3 Second Day at Sea part 2! AquaDuck... Sunset… Dinner at Enchanted Garden… and a little bit of shopping!

Last edited:
That's so neat! I would be doing the same thing trying to find myself in other people's photos haha! Did you guys go on any excursions at any of the ports? I'm curious to know what other peoples' experiences were!
We just went to Cane Garden Bay beach in Tortola on our own and had a great time. We actually stayed on the ship in St. Thomas to enjoy the pretty empty pools and aquaduck.

Also, I wasn't the person who had a shirt on the deck chair :).

Sounds like you had a great day at sea! Glad that the weather cleared up from what it looked like in the morning. Sorry you had to deal with the cranky seat saver lady. I wouldn't have thought it was a big deal to move it one row back especially since it was so long with nobody there.

In regards to "seat saver lady" - Really??? She expected her chair to be there waiting for her??? I see nothing wrong with what you did - I am sure you were very nice when she returned. Did she lose her Disney Magic during the hour she went away? Perhaps she should have left more than a random shirt if it was that important to her - IMO.
Enjoying your report!!! :goodvibes

We just went to Cane Garden Bay beach in Tortola on our own and had a great time. We actually stayed on the ship in St. Thomas to enjoy the pretty empty pools and aquaduck.

Also, I wasn't the person who had a shirt on the deck chair :).
Ooooh I just googled the beach and it looks beautiful haha. I think this is one of the reasons I like doing a cruise over of an all-inlusive resort in, say, Mexico, because you kind of get to visit different places. Then if you decide you like a place it could be a place to go back and spend a week there later haha.

I'm glad it wasn't you! I feel bad telling bad stories about people, but sometimes it's such a randomly bad experience you can't help it =(

Sounds like you had a great day at sea! Glad that the weather cleared up from what it looked like in the morning. Sorry you had to deal with the cranky seat saver lady. I wouldn't have thought it was a big deal to move it one row back especially since it was so long with nobody there.
Ahhh, sometimes there are people who don't feel the same way we do right? But in the end it didn't really matter to much, we still had a good day hehe

In regards to "seat saver lady" - Really??? She expected her chair to be there waiting for her??? I see nothing wrong with what you did - I am sure you were very nice when she returned. Did she lose her Disney Magic during the hour she went away? Perhaps she should have left more than a random shirt if it was that important to her - IMO.
Enjoying your report!!! :goodvibes
Hehe thanks for following along! Glad to hear you are enjoying so far.

Looks like an absolutely gorgeous day at sea!!

The seat saver lady....wow, Michelle was WAY too nice to move. But I understand why she did - she was being the bigger person for sure! Ugh....some people have NO manners; doesn't matter where you go there are always people like that. Glad it didn't ruin your afternoon.

Mixology...woohoo.....looks like some tasty beverages :thumbsup2

Hi Jessica! I'm really enjoying your TR so far! I read your last one, and I'm so glad to read you're feeling much better on this one.

We're going on the Fantasy in September! Even though we're doing the Western Caribbean itinerary, seeing all your pictures makes me excited. I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian who prefers not to have too much dairy. So I love seeing all the dairy-free options on the ship. :)

I look forward to reading more!

Looks like an absolutely gorgeous day at sea!!

The seat saver lady....wow, Michelle was WAY too nice to move. But I understand why she did - she was being the bigger person for sure! Ugh....some people have NO manners; doesn't matter where you go there are always people like that. Glad it didn't ruin your afternoon.

Mixology...woohoo.....looks like some tasty beverages :thumbsup2
Yeah I feel like it weren't as busy a day it wouldn't have been that big of a deal, we would have gone somewhere else to sit, etc. But those were the only seats available (felt like the whole ship was out on deck!!!) hahaha. But that's okay. Maybe she was having a very terrible day and we made it worse!

Glendon has done the mixology twice now and he's had a good time both times! Michelle liked the drinks haha.

Hi Jessica! I'm really enjoying your TR so far! I read your last one, and I'm so glad to read you're feeling much better on this one.

We're going on the Fantasy in September! Even though we're doing the Western Caribbean itinerary, seeing all your pictures makes me excited. I am an ovo-lacto vegetarian who prefers not to have too much dairy. So I love seeing all the dairy-free options on the ship. :)

I look forward to reading more!
Thank you!!! I didn't experience the LEAST bit of sickness this time so I really had a BLAST!!!! (My mom and I were the only ones who had absolutely no problem with anything at all and so we went crazy and ate sooooo much)

Ahh hahaha itinerary is different but Fantasy is still the same! Food is fantastic, my mom still dreams of the food and it's been since April when we were on there!
They are very good for helping out with food requests

Cant wait to read more of this! We are on this exact cruise for the same week in 2017 and we just booked 2 park days in WDW for before the cruise. Reading your report has me extra excited!

Sounds like a great day at sea, but :eek: on the crowds on deck!

That lady with the shirt on the chair was an entitled [Can't use the word on the DIS] and had no right to reserve the seat. I really wish the CMs would do sweeps of the chairs and remove items left over 30 minutes, then they could be considered "abandoned" and the owner would have to retrieve them from Lost and found.

Mixology is so much fun and that class looked like a hoot!

Cant wait to read more of this! We are on this exact cruise for the same week in 2017 and we just booked 2 park days in WDW for before the cruise. Reading your report has me extra excited!
Yay!!! That's so exciting! I think this is a good week to go, weather was mostly fantastic when we went!

Sounds like a great day at sea, but :eek: on the crowds on deck!

That lady with the shirt on the chair was an entitled [Can't use the word on the DIS] and had no right to reserve the seat. I really wish the CMs would do sweeps of the chairs and remove items left over 30 minutes, then they could be considered "abandoned" and the owner would have to retrieve them from Lost and found.

Mixology is so much fun and that class looked like a hoot!
It was actually so crazy up on deck! After the cruise ended when we were back home, the Facebook group we were in, it was noted that for most people this was unusually crowded. Like, we knew that the ship was sold out with no upgrades available, but still! Usually people do a ton of activities haha. I guess this time everyone wanted to be up on deck.
Funny too.. on a different Facebook group it was a bit of a touchy subject when it came to reserving seats, even though technically you aren't allowed to. People even mentioned that if someone had moved their stuff, they got CMs to get the one who were "in their seat" to leave. I wish that they would enforce the rule though, since if you aren't using it someone else very much could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter