My 1st EVER solo trip! A couple questions

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by DisneyBelle27, Sep 25, 2012.

1. DisneyBelle27

DisneyBelle27 DIS Veteran and Browncoat - I have a cunning hat

Hi all!

This coming weekend (9/28-10/1) is my first solo trip to the world, although 11th overall, and I was wondering if any others who have done this have any great advice or tips? I've always wanted to tour the parks solo, so I'm really psyched!

Also, I have a character lunch reservation at Tusker House on Monday, originally with a friend who can't make it. Is it weird to do a character meal by myself, or will I feel comfortable? Or, if any of you guys will be there, you're welcome to join me! Or at any other point, I always love meeting fellow Disney psyc....um....I mean, fans. :rotfl:

Anywho, this is my itinerary if anyone is curious:

Friday: super early flight, then heading to MK for MNSSHP (my 1st ever!)
    Saturday: race packet pickup, then HS, ToT 10 Miler Race, & Villains Bash party
    Sunday: sleeping in after my race and late-night party, then Epcot for Food & Wine (my 1st ever, and I realize it'll prob be pretty crowded)
    Monday: AK, w/lunch @ Tusker, evening flight home

Thanks for any thoughts or tips! :lovestruc

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TinkTink78

TinkTink78 DIS Veteran

Solo trips are so much fun!!!! But if ur looking for people to meet up with we seem to have the same plans as you do!!! It's my DBF and I cheering on our friend who running. Good luck to you!!! Which resort are you staying at?
    Love Tusker House!!!! U should be fine. Wish we weren't leaving Sunday or we could have joined you!

4. stasijane

stasijane Crazed one

Your trip is soundin identical to mine only I leave on the 2nd!! I think you will really enjoy your solo trip.

5. DisneyBelle27

TinkTink, cool that we have similar plans! I'm staying at ASSp, since it was one of the discounted ones with the race. Where are you staying?

Stasijane, thanks so much! I CAN'T WAIT! And more similar plans, Lol

6. TinkTink78

TinkTink78 DIS Veteran

Yup we are at ASSports too!!!!!! Are u getting excited?????

7. DisneyBelle27

Sooooo excited!!!!! Just started packing today, and trying to figure out what to put in my small bag for after the race, considering I'll be at the Villains Bash till possibly 3am after, lol.

8. TinkTink78

TinkTink78 DIS Veteran

Lol. I packed last night and had to go get a bigger suitcase!!!! Stuff for 2 people in a carry on = impossible!!! Silly for 3 days but oh well!!!!

9. DisneyBelle27

Lol, that's one of he things I love about flying JetBlue, free first checked bag!