MVMCP worth it or not?

justmeinflorida

Mouseketeer
Although we are planning on going to WDW for a week the end of Feb. for the kids B-days. We were thinking of taking the kids to WDW in Dec. We'll be getting seasonal passes but I was wondering if MVMCP was worth the extra expense?

This would be our first time going, we'll be driving (1hr away).

DS is 20mo. and DD is 13yrs.

If we do MVMCP we'll be going the 9th, if we don't we'll be going the 8th.

DH has to work the 10th but if it's really that special then I might be able to talk him into it :rolleyes1

Worth is so subjective. For my family the cost is worth it. I think that you need to determine what you would be hoping to do that is not included in a regular admission and decide if that is worth the additional money.

My family likes the parade, the fireworks and the Holiday atmosphere. For us, the Holidays are a special time in Disney so we want the party. I believe that everyone has different expectations and your family will as well.

For us, we think it's worth it. We are probably one of the only families that go NOT for the characters (Though we do like to keep an eye out for surprise "Friends" who show up in unusual places....we just dont spend the evening lining up to get photos with all the characters and plan our night around their appearances)

We go because it's Christmas... and the atmosphere is one like no other. The snow on Main Street... the hustle and bustle to holiday music... dance parties... the soldiers in the parade... riding thunder mountain with no wait in the pitch black of night...the sickeningly sweet hot chocolate and cookies... it's become a bit of a family tradition.

We have gone to WDW every December since the boys were 11 months old. This will be our 6th December trip and our 6th MVMCP. Sure, we could save the money- but for us, it's worth it- It's truly what kicks off the holidays for us. I hope my kids never say "Lets not go this year mom"... I would be crushed!!!

Yes. Very subjective. After our first experience last year, it is SO worth it for us. Just the atmosphere alone was wonderful. Seeing the snow on Main Street was truly magical. All the additional lighting they put up for the party is great as well. It all depends on what you think your family will get out of it.

The 9th I believe is already sold out so unless you can go the 10th I think you already have your answer...

That said I love the MVMCP an if I had the money to add it to our vacation I would in a second!

The 9th I believe is already sold out so unless you can go the 10th I think you already have your answer...

That said I love the MVMCP an if I had the money to add it to our vacation I would in a second!

I think the OP is going in December. It's November 9th that is sold out.

There is a party on 12/9, but not one on the 8th or 10th though. They tend to be Sunday, Tuesday,Thursday, Friday.

Thank you all for responding...after reading all of your posts and then looking at the 2011 DIS video of MVMCP I'm going to have to talk DH into it somehow. :goodvibes I grew up, up North (Queens, NY & Lancaster, PA) and although I'm not a fan of snow because it wet and cold, seeing it in the street for one day will be soooo nice. I haven't seen/felt snow in over 7 years. MVMCP reminds me of the Macy's Day Parade and I miss it dearly.

I'm with you on your decision:thumbsup2 With kids you gotta do it MVMCP at least once. Not so much for adults sans kiddos (though you still should try it once):earsboy:

I know everyone has their own opinion of MVMCP. DH and I went last year. It poured down rain for a good part of it, but we still had a good time. We do not go for the characters--just for the Christmas mood and experience. We are going to Disney again this year and, much to my surprise, DH wants to go to MVMCP again. He is not a parade kind of guy, but likes the Christmas parade. He likes the fireworks. We both enjoy the Christmas spirit. I hope you have a similar experience. I feel like it's certainly worth going once to experience it and form your own opinion.

Love it! Worth it to us. That said we have always experienced lighter crowds and the Christmas atmosphere can't be beat!! Love wishes, the parade... Love wearing our Santa hats and red and green!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter