MVMCP Characters and Rain

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
What usually happens if, during a MVMCP, it is raining? Do the characters have alternate meet and greet locations or do they just not come out?

I think they try to find areas that are protected where they can, but it's not possible with all of them. I would think that the ones that are in danger are the dwarves and the Cinderella grouping (if they come out that way again this year). I've seen Peter and Wendy wait under the area where you enter Philharmagic. If the characters for Pete's are out, they'll be in a protective area, the same for the princesses and Mickey and the Aladdin characters. I think these new character areas are to make navigating the rain a little easier so that they can still offer characters during those times.

The Dwarfs move up under the overhang by the restrooms near their area. Captain Jack moves up into the covered Pirates area. The Cindy group moved into Town Square Theater. That's where I got the photo in my signature.

The key is to ASK. If you're looking and don't see a character where you expect to find them, and the weather was iffy (even if not currently raining) ask a CM with access to a phone to call and find out where they are. Usually when you find them, nobody else knows where they went, so the line is short. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter