MVMCP 2012 Official Information

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by Cheshire Figment, May 1, 2012.

1. auralia

auralia DIS Veteran

We can go to 3 other parties, but the one on the 2nd is the only one that is discounted we might wait and If the second sells out I can call dvc to get my dvc discount on one of the other nights we are there.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Disney Mommy 3

Disney Mommy 3 DIS Veteran

I am in your boat as well as far as dates,...the 12th or the 15th...we typically do the party on the Thursday night. We take Thurs off and do laundry, swim, maybe DTD and the Lego store...then the party that night. This trip Monday night also fits in nicely....but I am watching the weather also. I want to go on a night that's the best weather....I liked to have it toward the end so the trip ends on a fun note, but the kids are really wanting to do it at the beginning...so I am not sure,...I will just watch the weather more next week and then we will decide! If I were you I would lean to not doing the Friday night just because I have heard how much busier they are,....that's why it has never been an option for us...

4. rubybpc

rubybpc It's all about Disney

Hi everyone! I saw a link to a mvmcp t shirt can anyone repost??

5. Minnie Mommy Mouse

Minnie Mommy Mouse Mouseketeer

It has been since 2005 that we have been in WDW during the holidays. I don't want to miss a thing!!! We have a MVMCP planned, Candlelight Processional, know about gingerbread displays, but i have a question for those of you have been in more recent years. Is there anything at the parks or resorts that you would recommend as DO NOT MISS??? Thanks in advance:)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6. Minnie Mommy Mouse

Minnie Mommy Mouse Mouseketeer

They are shown on the MVMCP map. I drove myself crazy yesterday trying to find where I found them:)
    http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/10226

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

7. 02AggieGirl

02AggieGirl DIS Veteran

Do the all characters wear special holiday outfits for the party? I know the first party starts on Friday and we'll know more then, but I was just trying to decide which characters to put at the top of my list. :thumbsup2

8. 02AggieGirl

02AggieGirl DIS Veteran

9. cgattis

cgattis DIS Veteran

Mickey and Minnie. We forgot them last year at MVMCP (our first!), and again this year at MNSSHP! D'oh!!!

Most (not all) at the party just have Christmas accessories. Most of the full up outfits are in other parks. Other DIS'ers, is that pretty accurate? We've only done Christmas once, but that was my impression.

10. mom2rtk

mom2rtk My, what red cheeks you have, Santa!

Very few characters are actually in a Christmas costume. Most have only a scarf, hat or twig of holly.

11. 02AggieGirl

02AggieGirl DIS Veteran

Ok, thanks!

12. ashleyasiegel

ashleyasiegel Mouseketeer

Has the character list been leaked anywhere yet since the first party is tomorrow??? Trying to decide between 1 or 2 parties now since Belle/Beast were taken away.

13. JayhawkFans

JayhawkFans Mouseketeer

Cannot wait! Just got through this entire thread and now I'm more excited than ever. I went to MVMCP for the first time last year with a friend. I am taking DD (age 11) and possibly DH is going with us for a whirlwind weekend trip 12/15-18. The only night we can attend is Sunday 12/16. I was on the fence about buying tickets early but with that being the only night we can go I guess there is no reason to wait to buy.

14. A MK Family

A MK Family Mouseketeer

Excited for tonight but worried about the crowds! Not sure what our must see is! My mom is coming and can't sit or stand long any recommendations now good spot were she can sit and watch the parade? She can't sit low like curbs etc.

15. BlakeNJ

BlakeNJ DIS Veteran

Any party updates?

16. chikita

chikita Mouseketeer

Hi, Thought you would like this. http://kennythepirate.com/

17. VroomVroomLightning

VroomVroomLightning DIS Veteran

A few years ago when we were there at Christmas time we got a Mickey Shaped Snowman Bucket, and had it filled with popcorn! I was wondering if they had anything new this year or if it is the same Snowman bucket? We won't be able to go this year, but I can try and call and order them over the phone! Thanks!

18. SLamott1973

SLamott1973 Mouseketeer

Went last night crowd was enormous due to sell out. We saw the 745 castle show walked around starting from tomorrowland back towards crystal palace found a place about 9 on main st for the fireworks and second parade.The lines were so big for meet and greets we couldn't even do any. dont think We'll do a mvmcp again so crowded you couldnt enjoy what you paid your money for fireworks were great,castle was beautiful and hopefully got some great photos but overall disappointed

19. tchrchgo

tchrchgo Mouseketeer

How long were the ride wait times?

20. VroomVroomLightning

VroomVroomLightning DIS Veteran

I'm sure if you went to a not sold out party it would be a lot different. I know that doesn't help your current perception of the party as of last night, but it could happen!

21. FargoBear

FargoBear Mouseketeer

I'm going Monday. Any speculation how crowds will be? I was hoping, in theory, that being on a Monday and at the end of the Veterans Day holiday (with families going back home from a long vacation) that the crowding would be slightly less. Wishful thinking on my part, probably.

Although I think so much of this revolves around expectations and attitude. I'll expect some crowding going in.