"MUST NEW EATS" at Disney Springs???

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
Since our family will not be in WDW until December, I was hoping some of you foodies out there can share the best of the best new eateries at Disney Springs. What or where should we not miss?? Any pics are welcome, too!!

Thanks tons for your suggestions!
Ellen

We only ate at D-Luxe Burger on our last trip. We weren't planning on visiting DS during this trip so we didn't make an ADR for a table service. We were actually excited to try any of the new counter service places! We checked out the food trucks first, but nothing appealed to us. We checked out the Morimoto walk up counter but the portions looked small. My DH is a competitive cyclist and judges the quality of his meal based on the quantity. He can EAT! We walked by D-Luxe and the smell was amazing. At the time (June '16) I was on a huge burger kick, so I was happy when my DH agreed to eat there. It was....okay. I don't want to be too critical, but my burger was simply too big. I got the southern burger (I think it was called) with the pimento cheese and fried green tomato. The burger was excellent when you were able to get a bite of everything. However due to size of the burger it was impossible. All the toppings were falling out the other side and it ended up making a huge mess. My husband found a hair in his burger , luckily before he took a bite! They promptly made him a new one. The kids split a cheeseburger and I noticed when I cut it open that their bun was still frozen in the middle. It didn't matter because they are little weirdos who won't eat bread. It surprised me though.

Next time we visit (looking like summer 18) I would love to make an ADR for Homecoming. It looks spectacular!

Since our family will not be in WDW until December, I was hoping some of you foodies out there can share the best of the best new eateries at Disney Springs. What or where should we not miss?? Any pics are welcome, too!!

Thanks tons for your suggestions!
Ellen

Just went to Homecoming 2 weeks ago. I had the fried catfish with hushpuppies, grits, KC greens and Hummingbird cake for dessert. Everything was excellent and the portions are large enough to share.

If you like Asian fusion, Morimoto's is mighty good. Most of the dishes are big enough to share, so it's possible to order different times.

I'm definitely considering all of these places since we are staying at SSR!!

Glad to hear we can share meals too! Are ressies hard to get at the table service ones, yet?

Thanks for the responses!

I was less than impressed with Morimoto, especially when they got away from Japanese. The one notable, non Japanese dish was the Peking duck. I would go back for that alone.

The Japanese food is good, the Chinese food is Chinese buffet quality.

We tried Homecoming last week and made a meal of appetizers and side dishes. We enjoyed most of what we ordered, although a few things were just OK. Still, I'd return at some point to try his famous chicken.

Any other places not to miss? We are making additional ressies this week.

Thanks!!

I haven't been the TS in Disney Springs but planning to this November. I made ADR for Homecoming and Raglan Road on my last day before leaving for home.
I heard good things about Raglan Road and if you timing it right, you can see Irish dancers and music.
We are doing brunch on Saturday morning because while I don't mind breakfast food, my son hates breakfast food so there's something for both of us and starting 12 noon, there's Irish dancers. Check out their menu.

I know alot of people like CS Wolfgang but when I was there in April, we tried 2 times. First time was good but second time food was terrible.

Thanks again for ideas!!
So far we have ressies at Homecoming, Frontera Cocina and considering Morimoto Asia. Any more feedback or opinions on these 3?

Also, which one is best for DDP value? Paying OOP?

TIA

I made an ADR at Homecoming for our Nov trip. We are staying at OKW so we will also likely stop other afternoons or evenings to try snacks or CS options.

Have any of these newer resturants been added to the TIW yet?

We went to Dluxe... the burgers were pretty typical... the dessert burger macaroon was adorable though! Would get this again! The cupcakes at Sprinkles were pretty good... but I wouldnt say they were as amazing as I thought they would be (The darth vader cupcake in HS was a lot better, highly recommend! haha) But its cool to get a cupcake out of an ATM ahah. also... if you sign up for sprinkles perks you can get a free cupcake! And whats better than a free cupcake?? lol Heres a link to sign up: http://sprinkles.com/perks

Thank you so much for the link to Sprinkles!
I agree! Who can pass up FREE cupcakes!
Does your free one have an expiration date or is it valid until whenever?? If it expires, I'll sign up closer to December.

We went to Dluxe... the burgers were pretty typical... the dessert burger macaroon was adorable though! Would get this again! The cupcakes at Sprinkles were pretty good... but I wouldnt say they were as amazing as I thought they would be (The darth vader cupcake in HS was a lot better, highly recommend! haha) But its cool to get a cupcake out of an ATM ahah. also... if you sign up for sprinkles perks you can get a free cupcake! And whats better than a free cupcake?? lol Heres a link to sign up: http://sprinkles.com/perks
Is the free cupcake still valid? I thought I read somewhere they no longer was giving it out.

We've been inside the Boathouse and seen the boats out back, (very cool) but have not tried their food yet. SO many new places to try!!!

Any word on STK yet?

The guys from the DIS Unplugged team had lunch at Homecoming and gave their review on it - thought I'd share it here for those interested.

The new pizza place looks great too! Too many yummy places to eat and not enough time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter