Must eats

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Jessicamcg, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Jessicamcg

Jessicamcg Earning My Ears

I can make my reservations this Sunday. Tell me your must eat restaurants in the world

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. BearcatsFan

BearcatsFan <font color=green>we finally had a minute to breat

4. lovedworld

lovedworld Mouseketeer

When we were there 3 weeks ago my favorite meals were at: Garden Grill, Yak and Yeti and Cape May. When we were there last May my favorite meals were at Le Cellier, 50's Prime Time Cafe and Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. Ooeey Gooey Toffee cake at Liberty Tree Tavern is the best!!

5. dvcterry

dvcterry DIS Veteran

I haven't eaten there yet, still trying to get a reservation for our next trip by trolling for any openings at BOG.

6. Starclassic

Starclassic ‎"The way to get started is to quit talking and be

Raglan Road

7. Nutbean

Nutbean Mouseketeer

We were there last month and dined at San Angel Inn, Teppan Edo, Sanaa, Biergarten, 50s Prime Time Cafe, 'Ohana, Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre, T-Rex Cafe.

We were a group of 8 and we were pretty unanimous in that our least favourites included the Sci-Fi Dine in Theatre (food was just okay and while dining in the cars is cool, it doesn't lend itself well to holding any sort of conversation) and T-Rex Cafe (again, food was just okay and it was very loud and tourist trappy).

I enjoyed all the others for various reasons but the standouts in my opinion were Teppan Edo (excellent show and fresh, delicious food), Sanaa (so flavourful, Mmmm) and 50s Prime Time Cafe (Uncle Dale was an absolute hoot - we still talk about him and the food, although not my favourite meal of the week, was pretty good although admittedly I was too full from my PB&J milkshake to finish it all).

My husband's favourite was 'Ohana.

8. Li Li

Li Li Mouseketeer

My husband and I have gone to the Boma breakfast buffet for five years running! We love it!

9. canopynut66

canopynut66 DIS Veteran

Going this Sunday and will be dining at for TS--Rain Forest in DTD--Crystal Palace breakfast-Garden Grill dinner---50's Prime Time--dinner--OHana dinner---(breakfast good as well just not this trip) Boma's dinner (breakfast very good here just no characters)---Fultons Crab House in DTD dinner--Le cellier lunch in canada---Tony's in MK dinner---Yachts club dinner----Kona grill in the Poly dinner (breakfast great here as well)

10. ngchiro

ngchiro Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Don't forget Mama Melrose, Crystal Palace and Beaches and Cream.

11. t_daniels

t_daniels <font color=deeppink>They'll NEVER be replaced<br>

Via Napoli!

12. wdwloverz

wdwloverz Tigger, is that you??

MK - Columbia Harbor House for anchors away tuna sandwich or the fried shrimp platter. Casey's corner for corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce. The Plaza - club sandwich or cheesesteak, and the Main Street Bakery for ANYTHING!! Every other trip we do early (8:05 a.m. or as close as possible) Crystal Palace for breakfast, very cool to enter the park before it opens. I'm hoping after our next visit Be Our Guest will be a must do also!

Epcot - La Cantina for nachos and churros with warm caramel sauce. Boulangerie Patisserie for warm ham & cheese croissant, napoleon and cappuccino (anything from Boulangerie is outstanding). Snacks or sandwiches from Sunshine Seasons in The Land (they usually have yummy cheese, fruit and crackers in the grab & go section)

AK - Flame tree BBQ, sooo good. Always have to visit Pizzafari too, even if just for a snack. It is themed so over the top and colorful, really neat.

DHS - Starring Rolls, yummy cinnamon rolls! Sci-Fi Drive In, Hubby gets a Coke and a sandwich, I get a shake and a salad and we share. I wouldn't stray far from these basics, but we enjoy it for what it is, a lot of fun!

DTD Marketplace - Earl of Sandwich and Wolfgang Puck Express

Resorts -
    AKL = Boma breakfast
    Grand Floridian = GF Cafe for breakfast or lunch
    Poly = Tambu Lounge for Mai Tais, apps and sushi (Kona Cafe is also excellent for breakfast, but not a MUST DO for us)
    WL = Territory Lounge for drinks and wings or nachos
    FW = Crockett's Tavern (even if we just sip a beverage while rocking on the porch. Such a great atmosphere!) We used to do the Trails End buffet a lot for breakfast or dinner, but it is no longer a must do.. This trip I think we are going to get some fried chicken and sides from Trails End to-go and have a "picnic" somewhere. Take the boat from MK or WL.

So, most of our MUST DO's aren't TS places, but you may still get some ideas for yummy yummy things! Enjoy:)

13. sephorachick

sephorachick DIS Veteran

MK- Columbia Harbor House tuna sandwich YUMMY :)Storybook treats sundae
    Studios- Brown Derby (Try the peachtree punch) & the famous carrot cake cookie!
    Epcot- Biergarten,Le Cellier, salted caramel @ Karamel kuche
    Chef Mickeys bfast!

14. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

Let me start off by saying we have 2 picky eaters.

Our favorite TS Meals:

Rose & Crown
    Cape May Cafe - Breakfast & Dinner
    Ohana - Dinner
    Boma - Breakfast
    Crystal Palace - Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner
    Liberty Tree Tavern - Dinner - I hear lunch is really good most do not like dinner but my family loves the Thanksgiving style meal. DD loves the mac & cheese.
    Le Cellier
    Tusker House - Breakfast
    ESPN Club
    Beaches & Cream
    Tutto Italia

I try to stick with buffets so that the picky eaters have a choice. We have tried 1900 parke fare, Chef Mickey's, Boma for dinner. The picky eaters did not like the selections offered for dinner so we are not returning.

We do not try signature restaurants, DH doesn't believe in paying that much for food or if we have the dining plan to waste 2 credits. He also feels he will not like the food.

CS meals
    Columbia Harbour House
    Pecos Bills
    Cosmic Rays
    Main Street Bakery
    Yorkshire county fish shop
    the Cantina
    Flame Tree

As you can see nice plain food for the family. We are creatures of habit and we like it.

Have fun making your ADR's I love it. :thumbsup2

15. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

VERY YUMMY places to eat:
    Via Napoli - amazing pizza
    Tutto Italia - delish pasta
    Boulangerie Patisserie - love their sandwiches & pastries!
    Wolfgang Puck Express - My ULTIMATE fave! meatloaf w/ mashed pot is phenominal!
    Chefs/France - very good food

My fave out of the list above are Via Napoli & WGPE (marketplace location).

FAVE Character meals:
    Crystal Palace - breakfast is my fave, lunch/dinner are great too thou.
    Tusker bfast

LEAST fave:
    Ohana - quality of beef is pretty sad. Chicken was ok. pork was nasty. Wings were slimy. Best part was the bread, salad, and dessert. Noodles were ok.
    B&C - disappointing burgers. Thin and floppy. Not impressed. Fries & ice cream were good thou.

16. Kay1

Kay1 <font color=red>Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!<b

As long as they keep their outstanding crawfish etoufee on the menu, Boatwrights, and we always hit Olivia's for breakfast.

Enjoy your planning.

:)

17. cadale

cadale Mouseketeer

MK - Tony's, Crystal Palace
    DHS - 50"s Prime Time
    Epcot - Coral Reef, Biergarten
    DTD - Raglan Road
    Resorts - Olivia's, Grand Floridian Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Boma

18. goofyintoronto

goofyintoronto I really wanted to like it, but I didnt.

I wanted to add one more to my "least fave" list. TONYs!!! worst Italian food i ever had.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App