Must do's on DCL

Lici

Earning My Ears
We're sailing for our first cruise in December - what is a must to do on board the ship? Big group, family of 4 with boys - 7 and 16, MIL, family of 3 with girls 8 and 9

Don't miss Palo. Check out your navigators and pick Oceaneer/Vibe/Edge times around activities of interest. Go to at least 2 shows. Order room service and eat on your veranda (if you have one). Character greetings. Aqua dunk is awesome. I can't comment on Aquaduck because I have only been on the Magic.

Bring you paperwork (including valid passport)
Be on the ship long before "All aboard"
Attend the Muster Drill

Relax and enjoy whatever happens!
Read your Personal Navigator to see what's going on and decide what to to. Do not regret the things you won't do --> book a future cruise :rolleyes1

Walk the Decks at night, the ship is quiet, not a lot of people out there and if you pretend a little there is no one else on Gods great ocean but you & those you are walking with.

Oh and order Mickey Bars from room service, They are Free, Honest to goodness FREE... as many as you can eat FREE

Aquaduct, get a drink of the day, attend a party (all aboard, character dance, pirate, anything), see a show, eat in DR and buffet, order room service, ENJOY and BREATHE IT ALL IN!
Have a great cruise, it will be unforgettable!

I agree with almost everything here.
  • Do all three MDRs.
  • Walk on deck 4 a lot. You'll pretty much be alone.
  • Take lots of pictures.
  • See the shows.
  • Relax and enjoy.

Get up early on morning and walk the decks.
We love the Buena Vista Theatre and the first run movies.
Pablo's brunch or dinner. Have not done Remy yet!
Kids will love the clubs and Pirate Night.
Castaway Cay....enjoy try not to do too much. So, much to do besides water.
I love just walking around on the main decks with the shops and the Atrium...decor is beautiful.

Enjoy! And plan more cruises.

Arrive early for shows with your family. Good seats are taken early, if you want a group of that many people to sit together, it's good to plan ahead.

The Disney stage shows are must do for my family. Time well spent!
Other must do's: Laugh like no ones watching, dress up like a pirate and say Arrrr, and create amazing memories.

-Order up a bunch of mickey ice cream bars at night to finish the day off
-Watch the fireworks
-If you can't decide on a single appetizer or dessert, ask for both!
-If you're not sold on any excursion, just skip it. The ship is great and empty on port days. Some of my best port experiences have been just getting out and walking around for a bit and getting back on board to enjoy an near empty pool.

Skip a show and go do the Aqua Duck/play ping pong/miniature golf, etc. It's so much fun in the evening when every one is at dinner or the shows!

• Start your cruise pictures with the character photos inside the cruise terminal
  • check the Navigator and plan out the character appearances with the kids
  • like photo's... take advantage of photo package bundle

if your cruise is more than 3 nights, you can leave two items (per stateroom) for character signatures on the first day at guest services, and the items will be signed then magically appear in your stateroom on the last day of your cruise. Wonderful souvenirs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter