**Must do for 1st Timers**

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by Janine1983, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Janine1983

Janine1983 Mouseketeer

Hi, :wizard:

Could everyone please post what they think is an absolute 'must do' for any first timers to Orlando!! :thumbsup2

Thought this would be an interesting thread! :cool2:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Pegasus928

Pegasus928 DIS Veteran

Each of the firework displays (on different nights of course) Wishes, IllumiNations and Fantasmic.

4. bazzanoid

bazzanoid where'sthespacebar?

The flight to get there. Must do that. :laughing:

Sorry couldn't resist. :teeth:

5. WiganTony

WiganTony DIS Veteran

Make sure that they don't try and do everything and then return home shattered needing another holiday!!

Seriously, when we first visited as a family in 2005, we were told to pace ourselves and allow a rest day/water park visit after every 3 days in the theme parks. We found that this worked really well for us, and would definitely suggest this to first timers, tempting as it may be to try and cram a visit to every theme park into their visit.

6. loobylou44

loobylou44 Mouseketeer

Absolutely agree with this, also if you don't do everything you have a good excuse to go back again!!:yay:

My must do is 'Festival of the Lion King' at Animal Kingdom.:goodvibes

7. Elise79

Elise79 Moderator Moderator

Someone else said the fireworks and I totally agree however I would also add Spectromagic :thumbsup2

8. Tinks1984

Tinks1984 <font color=red>We're having a mini party!<br><fon

A reservation for a character meal, there's the option of breakfast, lunch or tea at certain places. One of my personal favourites was Chef Mickey's (at the Contemporary) for breakfast. There you'll find, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto & Donald to give you all a big hug! :goodvibes

It is better (and recommended) to pre-book a reservation for a specific meal before you travel. You can do this on-line or by contacting Disney reservations by telephone. By pre-booking you'll get to request a specific time that you'd like to dine, and if it's available thenyou're guaranteed to get in if you show up on time with your reference number you get along with the booking. If you'd like to chance getting a reservation whilst over there, I believe this can be done at Guest services at your hotel (if staying on Disney property) or at Guest relations at the parks.

9. Ashleylvsgoofy

Ashleylvsgoofy Mouseketeer

Philarmagic at the Magic Kingdom is a must for us aswell as Illuminations from the Rose and Crown. :yay:

10. Janine1983

Janine1983 Mouseketeer

Thanks guys,

I go on the 23rd OCt, (its my 7th, but my dads wife and kids first time!) Were going for 3 weeks so we can have our well earnt days off!

We've got pretty much all theme parks covered and water parks. We have a rest day every 2 days (weve counted water parks as a rest day, as we generally have a lay in and then spend a couple of hours at the water park)

Its all so exciting, I cant wait! xx