Musket Mickey- The Reports of his death are greatly exaggerated!

There's one at the trading post

Yes, there is one like this at the Meadows Trading Post. The metal emblems are more worn, but you still see Musket Mickey.

This one is somewhere else, and it is not in the Settlement Trading post.

TCD

The only other checkerboard i know of is at the front desk.

The only other checkerboard i know of is at the front desk.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner.

I thought the photo would be a give away. You can see that this checkerboard is on a table, with a nice rug beneath it. The checkerboard in the Meadows Trading Post is just sitting on a barrel. There are also checkerboards on the porch at Crockett's/Trails End, and on the porch of the Settlement Trading Post- but they don't have the Musket Mickey emblems.

TCD

Before I post the next photo, I need to ask for some help with something.

Does anyone remember seeing a photo a few months back of a work cart that is used at the Fort? It is driven by one of the maintenance men. It is like a souped-up golf cart, and it was white and had some Mickey decorations. I know that someone posted a photo of it, but I can't find that post.

Anyone know the one I am talking about?

Anyone know where the photo was posted?

TCD

OK- no reply to post #64, so time to move on.

If anyone finds a photo of the work cart that I mentioned, please post. There is a Musket Mickey on there. I saw the cart and the Musket Mickey as it drove by, and did not have time to get a photo. Next time.

OK, here is a decal on one of the bulletin boards in the campground. Can anyone tell me where this is?

FTWilderness116.jpg

TCD

Campground information board at the Meadows?

Yes, you are correct. This is the information board on the front porch of the Meadows Trading Post.

FTWilderness130.jpg

TCD

Well, that's all I have for now- will look for more on my next trip.

If anyone finds one- feel free to post your photo!

I finally found another Musket Mickey!

Can anybody guess where this is?

fortwildernessspringbreak080082.jpg

The winner will receive a genuine plastic robot from Epcot (which is now a collector's item since they stopped giving them away for free).

TCD

Hmmmmm....In or On a comfort station? (I have no idea why it looks "bathroomy" to me)

I finally found another Musket Mickey!

Can anybody guess where this is?

fortwildernessspringbreak080082.jpg

The winner will receive a genuine plastic robot from Epcot (which is now a collector's item since they stopped giving them away for free).

TCD

That looks like fiberglass it's mounted on. On somebody's camper, or the side of a boat??

That looks like fiberglass it's mounted on. On somebody's camper, or the side of a boat??

I think you're onto something, Jen....it no longer looks bathroomy to me.....it looks boaty.

Hmmmmm....In or On a comfort station? (I have no idea why it looks "bathroomy" to me)

No, it is not on a comfort station.

No, not on somebody's camper or the side of a boat.

by the way, they took down the musket mickey at the trails end restaurant...:mad:

That sign was one that they took down and put up in the afternoons, but I did not see it on my last trip- so that Musket Mickey may, indeed have bit the dust.

We still have no winner on the latest entry- guess away!!!

TCD

It looks similar to the one on the checkerboard but the ears are throwing me off. I can't place it.

I know I saw that last month, I can't remember where, I know I was mad I didn't have my camera.

Side of the little truck thing that pulls the trolley full of towels, or the side of the vacuum that sweeps the road.

It looks similar to the one on the checkerboard but the ears are throwing me off. I can't place it.

Good catch! The emblem does, in fact, seem to be identical to the medallions on the checkerboards in the Reception Outpost and Meadows Trading Post. But this is not a photo of a checkerboard.

I know I saw that last month, I can't remember where, I know I was mad I didn't have my camera.

Side of the little truck thing that pulls the trolley full of towels, or the side of the vacuum that sweeps the road.

You are VERY warm! It is on a vehicle, but not on the vehicle that pulls the maintenance/towel carts, or on the street sweeper.

DH says he thinks it is on that maintenance cart that is all decked out.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! I thought my post #64, above, might give it away. I have seen this cart driving around quite a few times, but not on every trip. The driver always seems to be in a hurry. Here is a photo of the cart. The Musket Mickey medallion is on the black Mickey heads on the two front fenders:

FortWildernessSpringBreak08013.jpg

From the looks of this cart, it seems to be something special used by just one employee. There must be a story here. Hmmmmm. Sounds like a future assignment for TCD.

TCD

Yep, that is it, I remember the yellow vice on the front too. You are the MAN!!! I really look forward to your pics and posts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter