Murder mystery party........

WDWfan uk

<font color=red>.... but you can call me Shirley :
Has anyone been to a murder mystery party or similar??

We are going to a dinner party and have been sent cards detailing which character we are, info on the other characters that will be present - and once there, we have to work out which character commited the murder.

(BTW, if you've done this one - set in the 1940's with military characters, <b>don't</b> tell me whodunnit please :teeth: )

I've always fancied doing one of these, they sound like so much fun :)

DH did one with work a year or so back and said it was good, if not surreal, but they didn't know they were going on it! They had a group of peole come and sit with them in character who of course were acting strangely - their boss had organised it without telling them! lol

Yes,

We've done that one and a 70's themed one with characters like Mike Raffone! - budding pop star.

They are a REAL blast as long as everyone enters into the spirit of the thing and makes an attempt to dress up and get "into character".

I have some pics - but need to scan them in which may take some time.

I held the Country Club one a couple of years back and it was such a giggle.

Alcohol definately helps but everyone dressed up - we had a chef, waiter, gardener etc etc

I love these they are such good fun and everyone really gets into it.

I made everyone be in character as soon as they came through the door!!!!!!!!!

Our friends did one at Christmas time about 10 years ago and it was a great laugh as we all dressed up and really got into our characters :D If I remember correctly it was a 1930's one.

I agree with Sam, alcohol does help it along too!

Hope you have a great time

This sounds great fun:p I would love to go to a party like that,I guess it's not for everyone though as you'd have to just 'go for it' and have a laugh:)

Never been to a 'professional' event, but have hosted several. There were two types on the market when I last held a murder party. One was very good, included recipe suggestions and guidelines on cooking times etc so it 'fit in' with the event.

Great fun, but need to ensure that those invited 'get into the spirit'. Only takes one stick-in-the-mud to kill it!

We've only done a professional one before (it was a complimentary stay at a hotel for previous bad service) and it was great. But it does depend on everyone entering into the spirit of it.
I'd love to go to one of this type but none of my friends are interested!

I have booked a similiar dinner show for October in Orlando.Though not a murder theme it is still one that to work you have to get in the 'spirit' of things!

Here are the details of Tony'N'Tina dinner show.................

.......Since opening February 14th, 1988, in New York City, this unique theatrical experience has won over the hearts of thousands of people, in over 100 cities worldwide, including Japan, Australia and many European cities.

TNT is a natural for SoulFire’s unique, fun filled brand of interactive theatre!

And now, one of the area’s newest and most exciting dinner shows brings you the Orlando Premier of the wedding comedy the city has been waiting 15 years to see!

At Tony n' Tina's Wedding, audience members are the “invited guests” and actually play the roles of Tony n' Tina's family and/or friends. If you’ve ever been to a real wedding you’ll be absolutely wonderful in your role. And if this is your first wedding, what a first --- come eat, drink, be merry, find out if you’re with the family of the bride or the groom and get acquainted! But be advised, you’ve never met families quite like the Vitales and the Nunzios , or maybe you have --- either way you’ll have a great time!

Karen, I really look forward to reading what you think of this dinner show!
I'm not that keen on dinner shows usually but this DOES sound fun :) !

We'll definitely get into the spirit of the thing :teeth: I'm looking forward to it more after reading your posts :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter