Multiple ressies...which to cancel?

margeandfredfred

Earning My Ears
My parents are joining us for part of our trip, but will only be eating lunch with us since their reservation at Shades of Green includes breakfast and dinner. My dad is an adventurous eater, but he's a glass half full kind of guy, so I'm worried that he'll be disappointed with my choices. :confused3

I made reservations at Coral Reef and Akershus for the same meal. My dad loves seafood, and my kids really enjoyed the atmosphere at Coral Reef last time. But...my girls loved the princess meal we had at Cinderella's Royal Table, and since my dh didn't enjoy it, we won't be going back. Akershus would fulfill our "princess needs," princess: especially since I didn't realize that BOG doesn't have characters! Can anyone help me choose?

My other dilemma is Artist Point vs Narcoosee's for dinner. I think Artist Point would be more our style, but both menus have appealing items. We're staying at the Poly, so Narcoosee's might be easier to get to (dh wants to park the car when we arrive, and not drive again until we leave. :headache:) Anyone?

Coral Reef is so hit and miss. I've dined here so many times and once it will be good and the next time not so good. Akershus is fairly consistent and who doesn't love a character meal while at WDW so I would pick Akershus.

I like Artist Point a lot more than Narcoosees. I love seafood but there are much better places at WDW to get it. Artist Point offers some dishes that can only be had there. Plus it's a quieter meal.

I would lean toward Akershus because of the princesses. If your kids like princesses, then Akershus is a good choice for seeing them. I still think you're going more for the princesses than the food, but some folks really like the food. I liked the cold buffet; the entrees were only okay and the desserts didn't really do anything for me. So I wouldn't go to Akershus for the food, but the character interaction was fine.

Between Narcoossee's and Artist Point is a tough choice. I like both, but Narcoossee's is my favorite resturant at WDW. Artist Point is in the top tier as well. I think you'd have a good meal at either. Getting to either from the Poly is relatively easy, so don't let that be the deciding factor!

Narcoossee's: monorail from Poly to GF
Artist Point: monorail or boat to MK, boat to WL

The dinner buffet at Shades of Green is good but starts to get a bit meh after a couple nights, so hopefully you can break them away at some point. If you want a seafood dining experience then try Flying Fish Cafe instead and see about sitting at the counter to watch the chefs in action...

If your in the mood for seafood I would recommend Cape May, the food is always good. So many different seclections to choose from, although they do not have characters at dinner.

Thank you for the advice! I still haven't decided for sure where we'll be going. I had to move some days around due to the Space Mountain refurbs, so now I'm scrambling to change reservations. I added an Artist Point reservation even though that will mean we'll end up paying OOP for a meal. DH will not be happy about that, but I may not have a choice if I can't book anything else!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter