Multiple BOG ressies

disneymomoffour

Mouseketeer
I just have to complain a little bit-and I know this will not help anything. BUT, it is frustrating to see people canceling multiple BOG ressies-as many as four in a week-which means they are MAKING several ressies when they get in at the 180 day mark. This obviously makes it harder for others to get reservations. (Especially those who do not have the ability at times of making trip reservations that far ahead.) WHY WHY WHY can't everyone be considerate and be happy with one ressie? Even better-why doesn't Disney limit the ressies to one per trip reservation-considering the difficulty in getting in? Does anyone else out there agree with me?

I agree with you. As a matter of fact, when the FP+ ressies for BOG lunch were first being allowed to be booked, you could only book one. Don't know if that has changed now, though.

I totally agree... we've been looking daily to get one for our trip and nothing has shown up. It is a tad bit frustrating when people are cancelling three+ BOG reservations at a time.

Oh well, nothing we can do about it I guess :rolleyes2

I totally agree... we've been looking daily to get one for our trip and nothing has shown up. It is a tad bit frustrating when people are cancelling three+ BOG reservations at a time.

Oh well, nothing we can do about it I guess :rolleyes2

I have a Sept. 9 for 5 I need to cancel for BOG. Is that during your time. We are going to a different park that day and can't make the reservation. You are welcome to it. We can coordinate

Totally agree. It's quite rude and inconsiderate. People get so disappointed when they don't get an ADR. A shame the system doesn't limit it.

Yes, I completely agree...unfortunately, I suppose there is no way to make people be considerate...and of course, if Disney tried to limit it to one per stay, then there would be a different thread here complaining that someone was unable to book it twice, and that they had two kids that had birthday's that week and each wanted to eat there or some other sob story.

We booked one ADR per day, and at different places each day...though I will admit to getting BOG...technically twice since we changed our trip after the initial bookings, and I had to cancel everything and retry...the ADR fairy visited twice as I got the exact same choices I had requested before, some at even better times.

Why not be frustrated with the insane system of trying to know where/when/what you want to eat 180 days away? Add in the fast pass plus booking and not knowing if you can get the ones you want the days you want, and no wonder people hedge their $$$ vacation plans with back up reservations!

Not sure how it isn't fair, maybe they will eat there 4 times? Or they will cancel in time and someone else will get the reservation. Or they will decide to just eat the cancellation fee and not cancel.

But wow people are trying to help others get a reservation by posting cancellations...won't be surprised when they stop because people made them feel bad for having multiple plans.

Well, it's frustrating to me because I don't see how they do it! I sat my alarm and was up early to make our dining reservations on the 180 day mark. I didn't see a single BOG reservation for the duration of our stay. I keep checking back and am trying to be hopeful that something will open up, but I still haven't seen anything available at all.

Well, it's frustrating to me because I don't see how they do it! I sat my alarm and was up early to make our dining reservations on the 180 day mark. I didn't see a single BOG reservation for the duration of our stay. I keep checking back and am trying to be hopeful that something will open up, but I still haven't seen anything available at all.

I think they are snapped up by those staying on site for trips 10 days or longer, thus the ability to essentially pre-book.

Why not be frustrated with the insane system of trying to know where/when/what you want to eat 180 days away? Add in the fast pass plus booking and not knowing if you can get the ones you want the days you want, and no wonder people hedge their $$$ vacation plans with back up reservations!

Not sure how it isn't fair, maybe they will eat there 4 times? Or they will cancel in time and someone else will get the reservation. Or they will decide to just eat the cancellation fee and not cancel.

But wow people are trying to help others get a reservation by posting cancellations...won't be surprised when they stop because people made them feel bad for having multiple plans.

I am in no way trying to make anyone feel bad for trying to help others out with ressies, I think it is great, and I love these boards!! :) It is just frustrating to see those who have a bunch of ressies when many others can't even get one-you can understand that? I totally agree with you on being frustrated with the whole 180 day thing-that is a whole other discussion. :rolleyes1 I won't even get started with the 60 day Fast Pass ressies... Thanks so much for your response-and everyone elses! I would just really like just ONE dinner ressie at BOG for my daughter-but doesn't look possible. I'll keep trying though!! :)

Don't give up! I have been trying for over a month, and just this week I was able to finally make a FP+ reservation for lunch, later that day I tried for dinner just out of routine and I was able to get one:banana: And the best part is that it is on a day that we were planning on being in the MK and it is at a normal time

I think that I will cancel my lunch FP+ so that we can enjoy the experience with fresh eyes at dinner

Anyways all that to say - Just keep trying... pixiedust:

There was someone awhile ago who said that they wanted BOG because it was the only place that their child could have the dessert and actually have a choice. If that were my child, I would certainly try to get a BOG ressie for every day I had at Magic Kingdom! Of course, one BOG dinner reservation is MORE than enough for us as I wasn't super impressed with the food I received there.

Don't give up! I have been trying for over a month, and just this week I was able to finally make a FP+ reservation for lunch, later that day I tried for dinner just out of routine and I was able to get one:banana: And the best part is that it is on a day that we were planning on being in the MK and it is at a normal time

I think that I will cancel my lunch FP+ so that we can enjoy the experience with fresh eyes at dinner

Anyways all that to say - Just keep trying... pixiedust:

Thank you!!! I have renewed hope... :cool1:

Today was our 180 days and I was able to get reservations for our entire party of 12 at BOG by calling in this morning. Our reservations are for day 5 of our trip and are three separate reservations of 4 and are all within 15 minutes of each other. The reservations are not all in my name but since our reservations are linked they allowed me to make all of them. Their was a computer problem today and I was up at 5AM CST with no luck at all. I called at 7 and was told to call back when the systems were up. The CM was actually the one who suggested breaking our party up.

I know it's frustrating but I totally get why people are booking 2 or 3 BOG reservations for their trip but probably only intending to use one. It's almost impossible to know which park you will want to eat in at the six month mark.

And now people who don't have hoppers are scrambling since Disney announced the recent change of dates for extra magic hours. So having a back up BOG on a different night is a smart move if you can get it. :thumbsup2

OP.....don't give up.....I have one BOG reservation booked for my upcoming trip, but it's kind of a late time. I keep checking daily and occasionally I see a BOG available for later times. People cancel ADR's constantly.....I should know! ;)

Yes, I completely agree...unfortunately, I suppose there is no way to make people be considerate...and of course, if Disney tried to limit it to one per stay, then there would be a different thread here complaining that someone was unable to book it twice, and that they had two kids that had birthday's that week and each wanted to eat there or some other sob story.

We booked one ADR per day, and at different places each day...though I will admit to getting BOG...technically twice since we changed our trip after the initial bookings, and I had to cancel everything and retry...the ADR fairy visited twice as I got the exact same choices I had requested before, some at even better times.

Everyone DOES NOT fall in this category and are not inconsiderate. I did not book our vacation until 70 days out, so I don't fall into that group. I also did not get a BOG reservation until a couple of days ago, and only because I was afraid no fast pass would open for us. HOWEVER, I will be one of those that cancels the one and only BOG reservation they were able to get after checking 20 times a day, every day, because I was finally able yesterday to get a fast pass.

I don't know what others do, but everyone does not cancel because of multiple reservations. My daughters wanted to see inside the castle, although they were understanding about it, this may be our last trip, so I kept trying until I finally found something. It is not impossible, just takes a lot of work.

I also agree with OP and how frustrating it can be. I don't think its inconsiderate, but just annoying lol. I was online at 6am on our 180 day mark and nothing for the whole week we are there. Got on the phone at 7am and nothing. I was annoyed to say the least because of the countless amounts of ADR Hoarders taking them all and leaving nothing for anyone else. Yes they will cancel some that don't fit into their plans later but I really do not feel like consuming so much of my time trying to get into one restaurant- whose reviews are back and forth anyway, and never consistantly good. So I said forget it. There are far better places to dine and we got a great lineup for our trip and I am happy about that. This is the new and in demand thing right now that everyone has to have like everything else that is new... so when the hype wears down, someday we will be able to dine there but its just not worth all of this hassle to me anymore.

Also those staying 10 days also have the advantage, so that factors into it too.

Good luck getting an ADR!!! :thumbsup2

I agree, it is very frustrating. That being said...I am going to try my best to plan out my upcoming trip (about 3-4 wks until I hit the 180 day mark) before I go online to book ADRs. I may end up making a few extras and canceling them later. Since I am taking my mom instead of dh, I will go over the plan with her and try to get some input before I finalize. If it were him, he would be right next to me while I book. My mom will be home in bed... I don't plan on keeping any extras longer than a couple days-one week max out of respect for other planners.

And then FP+ booking will throw all plans out the window...

What really annoys me is the Disney internet/phone system that goes down so often! We usually book quick 3-4 night trips and this time we booked for 6 nights....I thought at 6am on day 186 I would have a chance. Oh no.....the phone and reservation system was totally down (although there were some on Dis who said they had no problems getting everything:confused3). When it finally went back up and running (phone only, no internet) there was a 35 minute hold time....needless to say there was NO BOG for the entire stay :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter