Mr & Mrs - UPDATE: Sneak Peak

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by JoJo1980, Aug 23, 2009.

1. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

Hi everyone :wave2: Hope its ok to do a trip report from over a year ago :confused3 There's a very slim chance that we might get to go disney again this year and it's stirred up lots of disney emotions!! So I thought the best thing to do was finally write up a trip report based on our trip of a life time :cloud9: So I hope you guys dont mind me babbling away on here?? :hippie:

Well, our posse was just ... drum roll please ... 2 of us, the Bride and Groom. Our first trip to the world was in September 2005 where we got engaged :love: We had an amazing trip and getting proposed to at the end of was the cherry on the top! :cutie: If anyone wants to here all about that trip & the proposal just let me know :thumbsup2 Didn't want to scare you all off with my first post :littleangel:

After 3 years and MANY MANY MANY conversations & plans & tears we finally decided - a Disney Wedding it was :woohoo: As soon as we made that decision, our faces quickly turned from this :banana: to this :scared1: - How on earth our we going to manage this from the otherside of the pond!! And how many millions of hours am I going to spend planning?! Yep, you guessed it - nearly every waking hour of 2008 was spent discussing disney :yay:

All the disney staff we encountered during planning were AMAZING. We also used outside vendors for certain things, which I'll natter about later - but they were truly AMAZING too!!!

I'll give you a little sneak peek bit of info about the trip and then I'll start the report!

We stayed at these resorts :
    Hard Rock Hotel - Think it was classed as a Deluxe room or Queen suite, can't remember properly. (Great place!)
    Wilderness Lodge Villas - 1 bedroom villa (Absolutely LOVED!)
    Boardwalk - Deluxe concierge room (Would not stay again :sad1:)

The wedding info :
    Ceremony at the wedding pavillion, cake with Stitch, Dinner on the Grand 1 Yacht and an Illuminations Dessert Party in Japan

Right, I'll go hunt down some photos and will be back! :surfweb:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

This is us by the way

[​IMG]

4. SunnieRN

SunnieRN DIS Veteran

Oh wow!! I'm in and can't wait to hear more!!! Can't wait to see more Stitch wedding photos!!!

Sorry to hear your concierge stay was not good though.:confused: Looking forward to more!

And oh my gosh, you two are so cute!!:goodvibes

5. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

Thankyou :hug: Don't worry - there are LOTS of photos on the way and some super cute Stitch one's :thumbsup2 I'm obsessed with Stitch :laughing: So having him at our wedding was so much fun!!

The Boardwalk itself was beautiful, but we had lots of problems with our room and a beautiful suprise went totally wrong due to a member staff - in theory it was probably just a mix up but it still upset us. I'll go in to more detail later. Other people love the resort and I can see why, those were the reasons we booked - but because it now holds some not so good memories for us I don't really want to go back again.

Right, back to the photo hunt ;):surfweb:

6. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

THE DAY BEFORE :-

I'll start us off with the day before we fly. This was one of the craziest days of my life :laughing: I have never been so excited, nervous, tired, stressed, giddy and busy in my whole life! Our wedding day was soooo easy compared to this!! :laughing: We woke up early as we knew we had LOTS to do, this is how we looked at the start of the day ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this was me nearly 24 hours later! Yep, you guessed it - we didnt go to bed that night, we were up all day and night and were then faced with a 9and half hour flight :scared1:

[​IMG]

During the day I had to attack erm ... I mean pack, this lot plus our clothes

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

as well as do a million little bits for the wedding that I should have done months ago :rolleyes1 Luckily, we had back up .. my parents came to lend a hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mum got straight to the craft stuff and started revamping my horseshoe - Dad wanted to help and started sorting out my table confetti as I only wanted certain colours. (Yep, we all have those crazy Bridezilla moments!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is our furbaby Spikey, the other love of my life :lovestruc I missed him so much!!

[​IMG]

When we stopped to have something to eat Den gave me the cutest thing ever!! I'm obsessed with Stitch and love anything to do with him, I also collect snowglobes and love Halloween - so this just had me stunned for a while :love:

[​IMG]

Spikey didnt seem too impressed :confused3

[​IMG]

We'd all been up all day and night and finally everything was done and packed, leaving us no time for bed - so we just sat down with a cuppa & biscuits and then went and got showered and changed before the taxi arrived to pick us up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up :- Day 1 - The airport dress saga, the flight, sleepy Jo and arriving in Orlando & checking in to the Hard Rock :cool2:

7. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

DAY 1

The taxi arrived, we stocked it up with all our bags, said goodbye to our furbaby :sad1: and off we went!!

[​IMG]

We got to the airport, the queue was fine and we started checking in - then came the conversation I had been dreading for months 'Can I take my dress as hand luggage' the lady then started basically trying to tell me 'no' - my whole body started shaking and the look on my face obviously gave her the basic reply of 'well you'll have to put me in the hold with the dress *** I'm not being seperated from it!' so she then phoned a manager who said it was fine :yay: We then toddled off and went through all the usual security saga and sat by the gate. The plane was on time and we boarded with no problems - a nice attendant put my dress in one of the cupboards at the back and Den went and checked on it a couple of times, bless him :love:

Den was very impressed with the free drink when we first boarded, whereas I was more impressed with the ice cream :laughing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A very very tired looking Bride & Groom!

[​IMG]

We arrived in good time, did the usual airport stuff, grabbed our bags and picked up our ride - which Den picked months ago & was so excited about

[​IMG]

My dress had a seat all to itself :laughing:

[​IMG]

Just incase anyone wants any reviews or anything we flew with Virgin Atlantic from Manchester to Orlando and our rental car was booked through a website uscarhire.co.uk and we used Dollar - no problems at all with anything :goodvibes

8. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

We then had an uneventful drive to Universals Hard Rock hotel. We stayed there on our last trip but nothing could have prepared us for this room - it was gorgeous and HUGE!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. MainStMandy

MainStMandy DIS Veteran

Oh yay! I can't wait to see everything!!

10. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

After taking lots of photos of the room whilst it was tidy - it was now time to tackle the task of unpacking everything :scared1:

[​IMG]

Whilst I was doing most of the work, Den took up his usual unpacking position
    [​IMG]

Men!! :rolleyes1

So, I started attacking him :laughing: Gladiator style!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I had no idea where my sudden burst of energy came from and it kept coming, so we decided to head down to CityWalk and grab some food - whilst I kept wondering why I was still awake??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then decided to call it a night and grabbed some ice cream on the way back to the room - and fell in love with these little boats!!

[​IMG]

11. natale1980

natale1980 "When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"..

I would have loved to have a Disney Wedding!!
    Make sure you keep on posting lots of pictures so I can dream of 'what could have been' :thumbsup2

-nat

12. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

It definately was a dream come true :love: and don't worry - lots more photos to come :thumbsup2 You could always do a vow renewal at disney ;)

13. froglover2

froglover2 Mouseketeer

Great start!!

14. TiggerTails57

TiggerTails57 <font color=green>FIL is still waiting for his My

Awesome start!! Poor sad doggy :( :sad2:

15. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

Thankyou :cutie: I know, I felt sooo bad leaving him :sad1: but he was in good hands with my parents who probably spoilt him all week and he got lots of goodies when we got back too. :wizard:

16. pezaddict231

pezaddict231 DIS Veteran

Great start! Can't wait to hear more. I had to come check out your ring bearing froggy, I love frogs too and was considering doing this since I have a bazillion stuffed frogs and no need for a silly white expensive pillow.

17. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

thanks :cutie: You should definately use a frog :thumbsup2 I'm so glad we did, its something cute and definately fits the fairytale theme, we got some lovely photos with it. I'll post them on here when I get to the wedding day :)

18. reyasmommy

reyasmommy DIS Veteran

Yay!! Another Disney Bride!!

I was married at the Poly back in 2001 ! I loved it! I hope to go back for our 10 year anniversary to re-new our vows!

Your hotel room at the Hard Rock looks nice, I'd like to stay there one of these days.

Look forward to reading more. popcorn::

19. JoJo1980

JoJo1980 DIS Veteran

Aww that's great!! A vow renewal would be amazing!! And having your little one's to share the day with you, that would be so cute :cloud9: We've never stayed at the Poly but it does look beautiful - have you got any wedding photos online?? The hard rock is great, you should definately stay there someday :)

20. reyasmommy

reyasmommy DIS Veteran

Yes, it's going to be neat to have our kids with us for our vow renewal! :cloud9:

I have a few pictures of my wedding on my March 2010 PTR posted below.

21. Lynn5700

Lynn5700 <font color=darkorchid>WOO HOO I will be there<br>

Hey I'm here!!! Can't wait for more girl.